Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
162,161 - 162,180 of 224,054 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Most of us always read his posts. Likely you have difficulty comprehending them so we'll give you a pass.
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>That would be easy, since we ignored your entire post.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

All that simile dithering and no answer to my question.

Checkmate.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you would show up after I said goodnight.

As usual, you misunderstand the reason I posted that, and as usual you go off on some delusional tangent, completely ignoring it. Probably scares you.

But anyhow, if ever a feeling like that should suddenly grab you, you should immediately shut your mouth and quit showing your ass. Someone, or something, may be coming in there. It won't be what you are used to.

You are sooo flucking easy.

Now I will go to sleep. Goodnight

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
He wont be satisfied unless she has a big red nose and giant feet.
ha ha ha :O)
Someone to remind him of his sister eh?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Senile old Dave Nelson. You have to pity the poor old guy.
<quoted text>
Why?

I have no pity for self inflicted davesworld stupidity

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Dave I have already made it clear you will never get to give me head.
Just deal with it.
<quoted text>
Aww is he trying to get you into bed too. Heís such a slut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>An atheist is just an agnostic who got tired of saying "i dunno"
A godbot is a godbot who never gets tired of hearing goddidit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>That would be easy, since we ignored your entire post.
Is that the royal we?

Or the deliberate ignorance of christianity making the pathetic assumption that everyone does what you believe?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>First, you would have to have had experience with going through menstrual cycles. You won't fit that we.
So you menstruate?

I thought you were male.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone to remind him of his sister eh?
you;re vulgar plus you have had as many women as thinking has had... he has had 28 women and 16 men... same as you

Ye Ole split licker
thinking is a pickle licker

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist liars with no proof of god are not to be trusted
atheist have no proof... science has tried but failed

YEA JESUS CHRIST

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you;re vulgar plus you have had as many women as thinking has had... he has had 28 women and 16 men... same as you
Ye Ole split licker
thinking is a pickle licker
You donít like come back then donít give it out.

Nope your guesswork (or deliberate lies) are way off the mark but what can we expect from one of so little intelligence?

So how about your score?

0 women, 1 sister, 3 priests and an unknown quantity of inmates?
Imhotep

Dade City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup
See God gave you freedom of choice.
Therefore he had to also provide the choices. Would not be much of a gift if he gave you freedom of choice when there was no choice would it?
Didn't really think that one through too well did ya?
What a maroon!
You should have learned something.

IS THE BUYBULL INSPIRED?

If it is, it should be a book that no man -- no number of men -- could produce.
It should contain the perfection of philosophy.
It should perfectly accord with every fact in nature.
There should be no mistakes in astronomy, geology, or as to any subject or science.
Its morality should be the highest, the purest.
Its laws and regulations for the control of conduct should be just, wise, perfect, and perfectly adapted to the accomplishment of the ends desired.
It should contain nothing calculated to make man cruel, revengeful, vindictive or infamous.
It should be filled with intelligence, justice, purity, honesty, mercy and the spirit of liberty.
It should be opposed to strife and war, to slavery and lust, to ignorance, credulity and superstition.
It should develop the brain and civilize the heart.
It should satisfy the heart and brain of the best and wisest.
It should be true.

Does the Old Testament satisfy this standard?

Is there anything in the Old Testament -- in history, in theory, in law, in government, in morality, in science -- above and beyond the ideas, the beliefs, the customs and prejudices of its authors and the people among whom they lived?
Is there one ray of light from any supernatural source?

The ancient Hebrews believed that this earth was the center of the universe, and that the sun, moon and stars were specks in the sky.
With this the Bible agrees.

They thought the earth was flat, with four corners; that the sky, the firmament, was solid -- the floor of Jehovah's house.
The Bible teaches the same.

They imagined that the sun journeyed about the earth, and that by stopping the sun the day could be lengthened.
The Bible agrees with this.

They believed that Adam and Eve were the first man and woman; that they had been created but a few years before, and that they, the Hebrews, were their direct descendants.
This the Bible teaches.

If anything is, or can be, certain, the writers of the Bible were mistaken about creation, astronomy, geology; about the causes of phenomena, the origin of evil and the cause of death.

Now, it must be admitted that if an infinite Being is the author of the Bible, he knew all sciences, all facts, and could not have made a mistake.

----------
So, just like you must choose a God, you must choose a Bible. And here are your Judeo-Christian choices:
1. The Jewish Pentateuch.
2. The Catholic Bible.
3. The Protestant Bible, any of many translations.
4. One of the many Protestant Bibles with the Book of Mormon thrown in.
5. One of the many Protestant Bibles with Science and Health, with Key to the Scriptures thrown in.

I repeat, which Bible?

All of them have one thing in common they are complete nonsense.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>atheist have no proof... science has tried but failed
YEA JESUS CHRIST
Nope science has provided myriad lines of irrefutable proof and you, with nothing but a twice complied and much edited book and absolutely no evidence cry because you have nothing to counter that proof.

The clincher is that you actually use some of that proof to claim no proof.

Hypocrite much?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>atheist have no proof... science has tried but failed
YEA JESUS CHRIST
science has never tried.

why do you understand so little?
Imhotep

Dade City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup
Therefore he had to also provide the choices. Would not be much of a gift if he gave you freedom of choice when there was no choice would it?
Gift? Lol

If this gift truly required nothing as the claim says, then you wouldn't have to accept it to be saved.

This line of reasoning is used repeatedly by those trolling for converts in schools, offices, on TV, and just about anywhere else you find an aggressive member of the cult of Jesus.

It's the same nonsense that is spewed and taught in Bible study classrooms in most churches.

The problem is that the gift of salvation as taught in the Bible is anything but free.

It first requires that you perform a work. That work is believing Jesus is your Savior and that only he can serve as your intermediary with God.

Of course it also means that you accept all the baggage that goes along with that.

It means you accept as truth that this "God" will punish people for the "sin" of disbelief(Mark 16:16, John 16:9, John 3:18, John 3:36, Heb 3:12, 1 John 2:22), it requires that you worship a God who will provide infinite punishment for finite sins, and it requires that you accept a God with the behavior of a rather manipulative, power hungry, petty tyrant.

It means you must abandon your mind to save your soul. You must confess Jesus is your Lord and worship him as such.

Make no mistake concerning the actual nature of this so-called "free" gift.

Salvation is exchanged for worship and it's nothing more than a holy barter system where you say the magic words and you are saved. On the surface it's cheap, easy, and painless. It appeals to anyone who doesn't want to be burdened with thinking for themselves, but it's in no sense "free".

This form of holy fire insurance is nothing more than false advertising and should be treated with the same regard one would have when he opens a box of Cracker Jacks and digs out the cheap trinket that came as a "free" gift when you purchased the box it came in.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
All that simile dithering and no answer to my question.
Checkmate.
<quoted text>
What question, except for the one I asked you?

"
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes you have made a jackass out of yourself as usual so we understand.
Take care of that head injury and try to keep yourself in dry unsoiled pants now.
<quoted text>

:-)

I can assume you have never had one of those feelings where you feel someone staring at you, or you get goosebumps out of nowhere.

Am I right? "

Then you had your mother answer the phone to avoid it.

Poor GML. A scared little boy terrified by the unknown that he whistles louder than anyone by the graveyard. He forces himself to put on a big front of being so knowledgeable and so cool, and so in the know. Just like many adolescents do. His fear has stunted his development.

You can choke to death reading this, young puppy. You will be facing mortality for real. Your illusions will vanish. You will have no place to go, and no knowledge how to get there. Your game will end.

You are of the age where god consciousness tends to develop in men. Perhaps you will start thinking more seriously about your mortality and purpose in this existence instead of dancing away from terrifying thoughts with a wave of the hand and flip words like a scared girl who found herself in a situation she can't handle.

Your bluster and bullshit won't work.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>
science has never tried.
why do you understand so little?
OMG you're dumb

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

People like Dave & Your Truly Bro. Clownie, are christians who stand up for what is right, who speak out against evil, who function as light and salt in our culture. Jesus said that as believers, we are the light of the world, and we are the salt of the earth (see Matthew 5:13Ė14).

Onward christian soldiers!!!!!
CunningLinguist

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup
To 'THINK' is a foreign concept to the immature an uneducated mind.

Somewhere there is a church that needs another puppet to control and extract money from.

To find the nearest Christian deployment center:

Google, Bing, Yahoo,Chrome

"I refuse to think about the Bible, and need the company of others that share my illusions. I am willing to tithe."

"One Galileo in two thousand years is enough."
~ Pope Pius XII
CunningLinguist

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup then he sent his only son to pay for all of those sins so everyone can go to heaven. Oh I'm sorry you didn't want to share this part did you. Sorry to wreck your soap box speech.
How do you know this entity, you refer to as 'god', is a "he"?

You are not 'sorry', you are attempting to patronize.

You have not read you're Bible.

You speak from the voice of ignorance, you are another one of the uneducated, the unimaginative, the unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us

"Religion is the one place where people are honored for their ignorance."
~ Ignots Pistachio

I am loath to repeat...

The Big 10 Ė A simple logic problem

1. I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

The first commandment has God, who describes himself as a "jealous God," proclaim by fiat that only he is to be worshipped.

All other Gods are to be shunned, and the proper penalty for worshipping Gods other than the biblical God, as the Bible itself repeatedly makes clear, is summary execution, without trial or investigation.

"If your brother, your own mother's son, or your son or daughter, or your wife, or your closest friend, entices you in secret, saying,'Come let us worship other gods'- whom neither you nor your fathers has experienced, do not assent, but take his life.

Let your hand be first against him to put him to death, and the hand of the rest of the people thereafter. Stone him to death, for he sought to make you stray from the lord your god... Thus all of Israel will hear and be afraid, and such evil things will not be done again in your midst" (Deuteronomy 13:7-12).

This biblical commandment not to kill cannot be taken as an absolute moral command, and was not even intended to be such by the author of Genesus.

The Biblical God in fact commands the death penalty for a whole slew of offenses, such being homosexual (Lev. 20:13), being a witch (Ex. 22:18), saying bad things about Yahweh (Lev. 24:16), worshipping gods other than Yahweh (Deut. 17:2-5 RSV), not being a virgin on your wedding day (Deut. 22:20-21), striking one's parents or being a stubborn and rebellious son (Ex. 21:17 , Lev. 20:9), bestiality (Ex. 22:19, Lev. 20:15-16), working or performing prohibited activities on the seventh day of the week (Ex. 31:14-15; Num 15:36).

This is the same God who, according to Christian evangelists and apologists, is a morally perfect entity, providing the sole ground and justification for all human moral values.

But how can the theological God, who is all-loving and morally perfect, be reconciled with the consistent Old Testament portrayal of God as angry, jealous, vengeful and murderous?

If God is a morally perfect being, and if all the actions of a morally perfect being are morally perfect actions, then all the actions attributed to God in the bible must be morally perfect.

Thus the fundamentalist logic forces one to admit that accepted moral evils such as infanticide, genocide and slavery are actually morally perfect actions when their God performs them.

The biblical Yahweh, who commanded genocide against whole nations (DEU 7:1-5), who incited his own "special people" to kill one another in a senseless riot (EX 32:37-8), who SPECIFICALLY demanded the murder of infants (1SAM 15:3; EZ 9:6), who caused men to engage in cannibalism (EZEK 5:10; ISA 49:26), who commanded incest, and who killed someone for refusing to comply (GEN 38:8-10; DEU 25:5-6), who engaged in deception (1KINGS 22:23; 2 THESS 2:11), and who demanded bloody animal sacrifices by the dozen (LEV 1:12; EXO 29:15-18; EXO 29:36.

2 words: Steaming Pile

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

547 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min Neelakaran 4,569
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessarily so 720,329
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min RiccardoFire 93,664
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min June VanDerMark 532,479
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min Hate troublemaking arabs 114,987
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Dr_Zorderz 256,405
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 22 min ChromiuMan 5,222
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min Lyndi 172,284
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••