Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239452 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#168946 Jun 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a guy that would feed a lion if it was hungry.
Way too nice. Awe look at the poor little crocodiles, their mommy got run over by a car, I'll just scoop them up and take them home and feed them.
I left out my ending added to your statement.
Here it is.
To the cat.
I know, I know! It's a curse.

I called the vet. Not for them... but rather to see what there might be to worry about with regard to my health.

Technician: "Dude! Get rid of 'em! They'll kill your whole family!"

If was going to keep them, I'd maybe name one of them 'Hanta'... thanks to the vet's good advice... advice that otherwise went ignored.

I didn't *want* any mice, still don't, and definitely can't keep these >>> One of each; male and female. As I gather, they won't care... if'n ya know what I mean.

I've learned plenty about mice in the last few weeks. Interesting stuff... in so far as critters go. They're fun to watch. Little clowns is what they are.

While I'm already talking about 'em...

They occasionally scratch, much like a dog will, with a rear leg. When they do, it makes humming noise... more audible or less depending on what they're situated upon. Sometimes they'd make a noise sounding more like a buzzing bee. By the time I peered into the tank to see what was going on, it'd be over... they'd quit.

Looked it up on line >>> "buzzing mice"

Came across video of a white-footed mouse, not in captivity, making the noise. They do it with their front feet ("hands"). The behavior is called "drumming" and is theorized to be a form communication or perhaps a hunting strategy (to scare bugs into motion).

The little buggers responded to the video! The enclosure's sitting right next to the downstairs computer. We buzzed back and forth for a few minutes then they quit.

Apparently, I can't maintain my end of an intelligent conversation with a mouse either.
40 by Any Other Name

Duluth, MN

#168947 Jun 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I will settle for some plastic to channel the water away for the night. May have a lot more coming. Those things take days, even for gods.
Got my furnace and water heater down there. Ugh.
The hole you dug around the window is a pool looking for an opening...those ugly plastic covers for window wells shed water...bank soil that is clay rich(purposely) to create a slope away from the foundation...and gutters with downspouts can keep the basement/crawl space dryer. Much easier/better to keep the water out of that space than to try to get it out once in.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168948 Jun 14, 2013
40 by Any Other Name wrote:
<quoted text>
Understanding that the white footed mouse is the main carrier of deer ticks(Lyme Disease), you may want to temper your enthusiasm.
I know where you're coming from and thanks for the concern... but, I'll be fine.

I have experience doing the same with squirrels and these mice are no more dangerous... less actually.

These are tick free.

It's all over but for setting them up with a temporary apartment (old shoebox with some bedding and a little food). Instincts will take over from there. I have the perfect place in mind for them.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#168949 Jun 14, 2013
Hmmm I see you need atheists after all.

Checkmate
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>A hole for a sump and as a drain may be the best overall, but I worry about subsidence. I guess a sump hole with a 4 inch PVC pipe going down 3 or 4 feet may work. The drain will give me some lead time for the float to kick in. More physical work than I wish to engage in anymore, but better than a flooded basement.

Ugh. Renting was so much easier.
40 by Any Other Name

Duluth, MN

#168950 Jun 14, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I know where you're coming from and thanks for the concern... but, I'll be fine.
I have experience doing the same with squirrels and these mice are no more dangerous... less actually.
These are tick free.
It's all over but for setting them up with a temporary apartment (old shoebox with some bedding and a little food). Instincts will take over from there. I have the perfect place in mind for them.
Personally, I'd put them on the menu of a hawk/weasel/owl or any other predator willing to digest the rodent. One lyme free human is worth the sacrifice.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#168951 Jun 14, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I know! It's a curse.
I called the vet. Not for them... but rather to see what there might be to worry about with regard to my health.
Technician: "Dude! Get rid of 'em! They'll kill your whole family!"
If was going to keep them, I'd maybe name one of them 'Hanta'... thanks to the vet's good advice... advice that otherwise went ignored.
I didn't *want* any mice, still don't, and definitely can't keep these >>> One of each; male and female. As I gather, they won't care... if'n ya know what I mean.
I've learned plenty about mice in the last few weeks. Interesting stuff... in so far as critters go. They're fun to watch. Little clowns is what they are.
While I'm already talking about 'em...
They occasionally scratch, much like a dog will, with a rear leg. When they do, it makes humming noise... more audible or less depending on what they're situated upon. Sometimes they'd make a noise sounding more like a buzzing bee. By the time I peered into the tank to see what was going on, it'd be over... they'd quit.
Looked it up on line >>> "buzzing mice"
Came across video of a white-footed mouse, not in captivity, making the noise. They do it with their front feet ("hands"). The behavior is called "drumming" and is theorized to be a form communication or perhaps a hunting strategy (to scare bugs into motion).
The little buggers responded to the video! The enclosure's sitting right next to the downstairs computer. We buzzed back and forth for a few minutes then they quit.
Apparently, I can't maintain my end of an intelligent conversation with a mouse either.
LOL ...yeah mice are cute but abominable, they will literally infest and ruin everything they touch.
I noticed the rascals tunnel through everything, and a funny I saw them tunnel through a plastic bottle rather than around it.
Weird , they will eat through clothes gnaw on everything even through walls and leave nice little dukie, dookie dooky CRAP! balls everywhere. Feed them to the cat! lol

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168952 Jun 14, 2013
40 by Any Other Name wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I'd put them on the menu of a hawk/weasel/owl or any other predator willing to digest the rodent. One lyme free human is worth the sacrifice.
What else do you think releasing them will likely result in?

The danger you mention is a possibility... but, over exaggerated.

As stated... it's all but over and done with.

They'll be released in an area free of humans, and as you suggest, will benefit something.

I do a lot of hiking in the area... and ticks are something contended with regularly anyway. My chances of contracting lyme disease are far more likely from that than from the mice.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168953 Jun 14, 2013
I could release them on my porch!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168954 Jun 14, 2013
Prolly not a good idea.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168955 Jun 15, 2013
Had I done that yesterday, I coulda pretended to be Noah.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#168956 Jun 15, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
I could release them on my porch!
I caught one in a cabinet, in a pot. I put a lid on it and took it outside to the street , I left the door open.
I then let it go. That rascal beat me back to the house and went right in the door and into the closet into a hole.
Never again. Almost as bad as catching a bat and putting it in a bird cage.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#168959 Jun 15, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>The rat simply proved that it was smarter than you. That happens to you here all of the time.
It wasn't a rat, it was also 25 years ago.
You're a troll and I'm out of here.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#168960 Jun 15, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I recently adopted two orphaned white-footed mice.
I was moving a huge pile of brush and tree limbs at my sister's house. Their mother was crushed by a tractor and they were almost stepped on.
Fed them kitten formula from a pipette for close to two weeks. They opened their eyes 3 and 4 days in. One of them had a broke rear leg, or if not broke, it was lame at least. It's all healed up now though.
That was three weeks ago so I'm guessing they're around 5 weeks old. They're weaned and ready for release.
Now... you tell me...
Do I sound like I'm gonna shoot a deer?
LOL!
I did that with a coupla orphaned rabbit kits once.

But I do love venison...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168961 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I caught one in a cabinet, in a pot. I put a lid on it and took it outside to the street , I left the door open.
I then let it go. That rascal beat me back to the house and went right in the door and into the closet into a hole.
Never again. Almost as bad as catching a bat and putting it in a bird cage.
LOL!

It's said they [can] come home from half a mile away. Many reports say [WILL].

In capital letters... just like those.

Did you actually catch a bat and put in a bird cage?

That WAS once a popular misconception.

J/K

=P

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168963 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It wasn't a rat, it was also 25 years ago.
You're a troll and I'm out of here.
JML a-l-m-o-s-t had ya didn't he?

<scooby laugh>

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168964 Jun 15, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>or Cain.
Okay.

Cain.

Now what?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#168965 Jun 15, 2013
Travel to the land of Nodd and take a wife there.... Except your family back home is supposed to be the only people on Earth.... Yet somehow when walking around the Garden Of Eden Adam recognizes the fully formed nation of Assyria on it's border....

Cough cough, editor please?
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>Okay.

Cain.

Now what?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168966 Jun 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I did that with a coupla orphaned rabbit kits once.
But I do love venison...
How'd it go with the rabbits?

My uncle (Dad's youngest brother) still hunts. He visits a few times a year. He always brings a bag full of jerky. A big one.

That stuff is AWESOME!

Not really comparing it with venison in terms of awesomeness.

Just saying...

That stuff is AWESOME!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168967 Jun 15, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>The rat simply proved that it was smarter than you. That happens to you here all of the time.
You're a rat?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#168968 Jun 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Travel to the land of Nodd and take a wife there.... Except your family back home is supposed to be the only people on Earth.... Yet somehow when walking around the Garden Of Eden Adam recognizes the fully formed nation of Assyria on it's border....
Cough cough, editor please?
<quoted text>
Ahhh!

I see.

Adam was really Dr. Who.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Tony17 590,767
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 12 min dollarsbill 4,628
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min Tide with Beach 839,923
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 35 min razz58 2,440
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 1966 3,078
What Government Hackers Are Trying To Keep Silent 1 hr Mace 4
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 5,919
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Jac 100,079
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Serah 612,216
More from around the web