Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Imhotep

Sanford, FL

#168974 Jun 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>thats nasty having a snake shit in your house
Not really, ;)

Our home was built in 1903.

Stone foundation, Cement floor, drain, coal furnace, coal bin w/chute.

Basements in those days were work areas. There was always coal dust and ash to deal with in the winter. Stationary tubs next to ringer washer with outlets to flush the floor.

We bathed our dogs here.

Unlike the 'modern' homes of today - that fall apart in the wind, and you can put your hand through the wall board - everything is pre-fab on a concrete block foundation...

Aarrgghh

These homes were built to last a lifetime and they do!

Skilled carpenters, plasterers, stone makers, constructed these homes. They were craftsmen.

Now homes are assembled much like childhood building blocks.

We don't need these skills any longer.

We want our homes built in 30 days or less, All glitz No substance.

Modern Homes have become as disposable as automobiles.
Imhotep

Sanford, FL

#168975 Jun 15, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Quel âge etes tu?
Je n'ai jamais compris tap comme une forme d'art.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rzy2wZSg5ZMXX
Voici un petit quelque chose drôle samedi après-midi. ;)

Un ivrogne décalés dans la rue principale de la ville. Il réussit à faire monter les escaliers à la cathédrale et à l'entrée, où il s'est écraséà partir de banc à banc, enfin faire son chemin à un bas-côté et dans un confessionnal.

Un prêtre avait observé tout cela, et compris le bonhomme avait besoin d'aide, alors il est entré de son côté du confessionnal. Après le prêtre assis là dans un silence de mort, il demanda enfin:«Puis-je vous aider, mon fils?"

«Je ne sais pas," fit la voix de l'ivrogne derrière la cloison.«Vous avez tout papier de votre côté?"

LOL

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#168976 Jun 15, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, ;)
Our home was built in 1903.
Stone foundation, Cement floor, drain, coal furnace, coal bin w/chute.
Basements in those days were work areas. There was always coal dust and ash to deal with in the winter. Stationary tubs next to ringer washer with outlets to flush the floor.
We bathed our dogs here.
Unlike the 'modern' homes of today - that fall apart in the wind, and you can put your hand through the wall board - everything is pre-fab on a concrete block foundation...
Aarrgghh
These homes were built to last a lifetime and they do!
Skilled carpenters, plasterers, stone makers, constructed these homes. They were craftsmen.
Now homes are assembled much like childhood building blocks.
We don't need these skills any longer.
We want our homes built in 30 days or less, All glitz No substance.
Modern Homes have become as disposable as automobiles.
Skilled labor was much cheaper then, too. Plus the materials and their availability. Lots and lots of on site labor involved. Very expensive. Pre-fab is exponentially cheaper, and so much quicker to get a home back after a disaster.

Not many people could afford a home built like that now.

Teepees work pretty good.

Old homes also harbor more diseases and toxins than disposable ones. The ruins of those old homes litter the landscape. Nothing is permanent. You would just like to think so.

You are quite the sentimentalist.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#168977 Jun 15, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
It's said they [can] come home from half a mile away. Many reports say [WILL].
In capital letters... just like those.
Did you actually catch a bat and put in a bird cage?
That WAS once a popular misconception.
J/K
=P

A bird cage will not hold a bat.
Imhotep

Sanford, FL

#168978 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Pegasus had problems with his bird cage when he was grounded by Zeus for flying drunk.

La Veta, CO

#168979 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
A batting cage will.

Sorry. My inner punster slipped through the bars.

La Veta, CO

#168980 Jun 15, 2013
I guess my seed didn't germinate. No punsters this morning, or the cat has everyone's tongue.

Ah, life. We are trapped in this cage surviving on what is presented to us. Ideas are like seeds. They can make you sing like a canary, but alas, they always wind up on the floor as poop. But they may give the birdie the impetus and inspiration to break free of its confinement and fly away. It flew the coop to bigger and better things.

La Veta, CO

#168981 Jun 15, 2013
http://cnnphotos.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/14/cap...

Dramatic black and white photos of storms.

And us puny creatures can only be in awe of their beauty and magnificence when we see them from a distance, and just try to survive when you are in the midst of them.

At the end of the day life can only be a poetic experience. The physical is just a means to express it. It comes and it goes.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#168982 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://cnnphotos.blogs.cnn.com /2013/06/14/capturing-the-turb ulent-beauty-of-storms/?hpt=hp _c3
Dramatic black and white photos of storms.
And us puny creatures can only be in awe of their beauty and magnificence when we see them from a distance, and just try to survive when you are in the midst of them.
At the end of the day life can only be a poetic experience. The physical is just a means to express it. It comes and it goes.
Totally un subtle attempt at evangelicising.

La Veta, CO

#168983 Jun 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally un subtle attempt at evangelicising.
Totally dull and lifeless observation.

Yes, you are an inspiring and worthwhile piece of stellar doodoo. Equivalent to a pile of dogshit. The life of the Topix atheist party.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#168984 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A batting cage will.
Sorry. My inner punster slipped through the bars.

Leave my cave alone, you internety shyster.
Do not winkle in the batroom either. heheheh

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#168985 Jun 15, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Pegasus had problems with his bird cage when he was grounded by Zeus for flying drunk.
You can tell when a bat is drunk, he flies higher and straighter.
Imhotep

Sanford, FL

#168986 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You can tell when a bat is drunk, he flies higher and straighter.
Is their radar also FUBAR?

Jesus' dad

Jesus made his usual rounds in heaven when he noticed a wizened, white-haired old man sitting in a corner looking very disconsolate. The next week he was disturbed to come across him again, looking equally miserable, and a week later he stopped to talk to him.

"See here, old fellow," said Jesus kindly, "this is heaven. The sun is shining, you've got all you could want to eat, all the instruments you might want to play-- you're supposed to be blissfully happy! What's wrong?

"Well," said the old man, "you see, I was a carpenter on earth, and lost my only, dearly beloved son at an early age. And here in heaven I was hoping more than anything to find him."

"Tears sprang from Jesus' eyes. "FATHER!" he cried.

The old man jumpedto his feet, bursting into tears, and sobbed, "PINOCCHIO!"

;)

La Veta, CO

#168987 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You can tell when a bat is drunk, he flies higher and straighter.
Hummingbirds feeding on gnats is a sight to behold.

I picked one up that knocked itself silly hitting a window and then let it go. It finally made it to a nearby tree, but sure took the long way to it.

You can snap your neck trying to follow their flight.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#168988 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
I guess my seed didn't germinate. No punsters this morning, or the cat has everyone's tongue.
Ah, life. We are trapped in this cage surviving on what is presented to us. Ideas are like seeds. They can make you sing like a canary, but alas, they always wind up on the floor as poop. But they may give the birdie the impetus and inspiration to break free of its confinement and fly away. It flew the coop to bigger and better things.
<The Dave Nelson> "blaaaatherrr"

La Veta, CO

#168989 Jun 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<The Dave Nelson> "blaaaatherrr"
Well, since you are here now, I will let you show us all how it is done.

Hit it, Gracie!! You're on!!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#168990 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hummingbirds feeding on gnats is a sight to behold.
I picked one up that knocked itself silly hitting a window and then let it go. It finally made it to a nearby tree, but sure took the long way to it.
You can snap your neck trying to follow their flight.
Dave, you tit.

Hummingbirds do NOT eat insects.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#168991 Jun 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Dave, you tit.
they will run insects away from the feeder! including other Hummingbirds.. they hate to share

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#168992 Jun 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>they will run insects away from the feeder! including other Hummingbirds.. they hate to share
Why are they christian?

La Veta, CO

#168993 Jun 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Dave, you tit.
You are quite mistaken. It is their primary diet. Little tiny bugs, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 18 min RiccardoFire 2,804
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 45 min Pokay 119,280
man for anal play and jerking for woman on skyp... 1 hr oldhorny 1
filters on the new "USAJOBS.gov" site is REAL C... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Michael 679,315
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Holy Child Jehowa... 46,219
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,277
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 hr nanoanomaly 982,144
More from around the web