Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
162,081 - 162,100 of 225,612 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this good old christard guesswork in action?
You have nothing else so all you can do make up supposedly hurtful abuse based on nothing but your own godlike wet dreams and lies
Its the pathetic christard way
Well don't take it so hard, Christine the cooter licker! Consider yourself one of the many intellectually challenged, who continuously loses debates to Dr. Clownie the Anointed...

YOURS TRULY
Bro. Clownie The Marvelous
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Question 5 E , funny
And yet genocide does not figure in Abrahaic religions (supposedly) why is this I wonder Note that Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic committed genocide against Moslems in the name of their christian church),
To date and using modern technology a wooden vessel of the size depicted in the babble is incapable of being built yet the babble would have us believe that inexperienced people using stone age tools managed it, first attempt 4000 years ago
The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term exam paper.
The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.
Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?
Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.
One student, however, wrote the following:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.
As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.
With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:
(1). If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
(2). If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it?
If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you, and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct...leaving only Heaven thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."
THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A
http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/hell.asp

It is cute, but false.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from a person that has had same sex with a woman...
This coming form a child that has sex with his sister

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from a person that has had same sex with a woman...
One day you may grow up and have sex with a woman too
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

That sisterfucker is so obsessed about others. Mind you, his last partner died rather than sleep with him.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this good old christard guesswork in action?
You have nothing else so all you can do make up supposedly hurtful abuse based on nothing but your own godlike wet dreams and lies
Its the pathetic christard way
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Dogshit has more rights to be proud of itself than Tranny Town Clunt could ever have.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy? You thick moron there is evidence but hey when has evidence ever had and sway over a godbot?
There ya ho, back to the old obnoxious clown we all know and despise.
Hi clowny, I see you are back your old self, did they release you early?
I here all the butfucking that goes on is jail can be a bit of an eye opener eh?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Well don't take it so hard, Christine the cooter licker! Consider yourself one of the many intellectually challenged, who continuously loses debates to Dr. Clownie the Anointed...
YOURS TRULY
Bro. Clownie The Marvelous
What debate? you get confused when people use words of 2 syllables the only thing you are capable of posting it hate and slander

But it is good to see your hateful lying spite and hypocrisy as you futily bat for the godbot losers team side again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/hell.asp
It is cute, but false.
Yup but funny though, I use it quite often to give godbots something to think about when they start ranting about hell
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I have doubt about you being gay
I have no doubt you've just confirmed yourself to be a bigot. Typical Christian attitude.

We can see you are still engaged in your courageous battle with literacy and mental health.

Please remove that frightful codpiece, pink is definitely not your color.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
That sisterfucker is so obsessed about others. Mind you, his last partner died rather than sleep with him.
<quoted text>
That never stopped him sleeping with her

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>see my middle finger in your screen
I really hope you actually did that, but it's not very clowny. Normally we all have a great time laughing at you.

yesss. let your anger flow. lol

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
One day you may grow up and have sex with a woman too
He wont be satisfied unless she has a big red nose and giant feet.
ha ha ha :O)
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PGVUHeMuHVA/UYDaNgM...

Clearly not happy with the prospect of Tranny Town Clunt!
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
He wont be satisfied unless she has a big red nose and giant feet.
ha ha ha :O)
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

The Big 10 A simple logic problem

2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

The second commandment tells us that Yahweh is a jealous God, punishing not just those who make graven images, but also their innocent children and children's children, down to the fourth generation. Imagine the universal denunciation that would accompany the enactment of such policies in the modern world, say a policy that punishes the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of thiefs, for example.

The whole premise that innocent people should be deliberately punished for the actions of their ancestors is both absurd and morally indefensible.

Especially interesting is the fact that almost no Christian in the entire world obeys or even attempts to obey the first sentence, which states clearly that making images and likenesses of anything in heaven or earth is forbidden.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

The third commandment is yet another affirmation of Yahweh's jealous nature and willingness to punish those who offend him.

4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that any supernatural beings are concerned, or would have been concerned at any time in the past, with my weekend work schedule.

No such apathy is apparent in the Old Testament, where the penalty for working on the sabbath is exactly the same as for worshipping other Gods -- death by stoning.

In Numbers, the following touching story is recounted:
"While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. They put him in custody, because it had not been made plain what should be done to him. And the LORD said to Moses,'The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.' And all the congregation brought him outside the camp, and stoned him to death with stones, as the LORD commanded Moses" (15:32-36).

One can imagine the discussions that would take place in history classes across the nation: "Mr. Smith, is it really true that Yahweh thought it was right to stone people to death for working on the wrong day of the week? If we are totally free to disobey the fourth commandment, why aren't we allowed to disobey the others?"
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Cont...

5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Nothing really to quarrel with here. I don't think there's a single society in the world, past or present, that explicitly valued the disrespect of one's parents.

"This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son,....and I told you,'Let my son go, so he may worship me.' But you refused to let him go; so I will kill your firstborn son" (Exodus 4:22).

Yahweh is a baby-killer, and a killer or old men and women. This is not a nasty poke at Christians, this is simply what the bible teaches.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Once again, the Biblical teaching on this point is self-contradictory. First of all, several Biblical patriarchs engaged in adultery, yet were still regarded as righteous men. King David, one of Jesus' own ancestors, is a case in point. In 1 Kings, Yahweh chides Jeroboam, saying:
"... you have not been like my servant David, who kept my commandments, and followed me with all his heart, doing only that which was right in my eyes..." (14:8).

But how can this be? 2 Samuel 11 shows clearly that David indulged in an illicit affair with Bathsheeba, even after being told that she was married to Uriah. Not only did David sleep with her, he got her pregnant.

As if that weren't bad enough, David also arranges to have Bathsheeba's husband killed! "In the morning David wrote a letter to Jo'ab, and sent it by the hand of Uri'ah. In the letter he wrote,'Set Uri'ah in the forefront of the hardest fighting, and then draw back from him, that he may be struck down, and die'" (11:14-15).

Despite the fact that 1 Kings tells us that David did "only that which was right" in Yahweh's eyes, 2 Samuel 11 says that Yahweh is offended by David's actions, and punishes him by killing the child of the illicit affair. Yahweh also decides to have David's wives fornicated with "before all Israel":
"'Behold, I will raise up evil against you out of your own house; and I will take your wives before your eyes, and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the sight of this sun. For you did it secretly; but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.'" (12:11-12).

Why Yahweh did not carry out justice in accord with his prior commands.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 stipulated that:
"If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you."

8. Thou shalt not steal.
Unless God tells you to, such as when Yahweh allowed the Israelites to plunder the cities and town which they conquered. Deuteuronomy 20:14, for instance, has Yahweh tell his people that they may take whatever they like from the cities they destroy:
"As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies"

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Nothing really to quarrel with here.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Notice that one's neighbor is assumed to be a man, and that a man's wife is not to be coveted because, like houses, animals and slaves, a man's wife is his property. What's more, while we are told that slaves are not to be coveted, nowhere are we told that owning slaves is wrong to begin with.

The reason for this is simple -- the authors of the Old Testament accepted slavery as a divinely ordained practice, not in the slightest degree morally objectionable.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Senile old Dave Nelson. You have to pity the poor old guy.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>He plans to live out his fantasies vicariously through GML.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
droopy drawers, you couldn't hold a candle to Dave , youre the one who is pitied.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

No because Dave himself is so in love with me wanting to gulp my junk he dreams he can have his ghost posses my body!

Care to fail again? Lol!
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>droopy drawers, you couldn't hold a candle to Dave , youre the one who is pitied.
Sam

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

I know there is one!!!. I once asked God for a wife, 5 months later, He gave me a wh**e!. I do admit, I did Blaspheme God two years on down before this but I stopped this. I figured this is why God raped me!. If God DIDNT want to give me a wife He sure as Hell DIDNT have to give me that rotten wh**e!!!. Since God fostered this evil upon me My Blaspheming Him came back with a vengence!!!. I lay it on old God now. I Blaspheme God real good now, HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I do it more then ever and I don't care if I do go burn forever, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!. GIVE ME ANOTHER WH**E GOD!!!!!!!...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)

Oh, so young, and such a long time for you left to experience life and regret a lot of things. It can be so painful.

It is time for old Dave to be fading from here again, which will give you more latitude to express yourself. I will leave you with one word of advice. Opening your mouth or showing your ass frequently exposes you to things you would rather have avoided if you had known better.

I made a post earlier on PTAG. This one.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

I would suggest you give it serious consideration. Puppies chasing their tail have a lot of fun, but they go nowhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••