Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#168784 Jun 13, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Franchement, je suis surpris ses deux bras ne sont dans le plâtre!
Il se tapote sur le dos si souvent - en face d'un miroir. Il est assez immature.
Thank you for Edith, loved it
Louis Armstrong also does an excellent version of that song.
How about Michael Buble?
Diana Krall?
Or this?
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
Nope not into any of them but I will listen to Michael Buble if he is on the radio

The U tube link, defiantly not. To pop-y

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#168785 Jun 13, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I seem to remember months and months and months of you (and your old man godbot buddy) bashing me with misogynous verbal abuse, insertions and outright lies, and as yet I have not heard or seen no apology from you. The old man has bottled out but at least he did have the balls to apologise before he went. Which is more than we can say for you.
Unfortunately for you, unlike chrstards I am not one to forget the past and go round and round in circles with the same old sh|t and hoping for a different outcome one day. You verbally abused me, that will NEVER go away, live with your own foul mouth.
You don’t like life then tough, you know what you can do.
you're as crazy as hell! and nuts also !! me say Im sorry to your vulgar nasty butt?????? noway SAY IT LOUD IM CLOWN AND PROUD!!!!! GET OVER YOURSELF

#168786 Jun 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're as crazy as hell! and nuts also !! me say Im sorry to your vulgar nasty butt?????? noway SAY IT LOUD IM CLOWN AND PROUD!!!!! GET OVER YOURSELF
Crazy? You thick moron there is evidence but hey when has evidence ever had and sway over a godbot?

There ya ho, back to the old obnoxious clown we all know and despise.

Hi clowny, I see you are back your old self, did they release you early?

I here all the butfucking that goes on is jail can be a bit of an eye opener eh?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#168787 Jun 13, 2013
Atomic_G wrote:
Also Dave if your knowledge was real and intelligent you would not be the only one privileged to it.
Why don t you attack theist for their irrational thinking... That's right they believe in a god, who cares what about all their irrational think that goes along with it, which I know you would disagree with, just as long as they believe in a god!
Actually there are quite a few with the same generic logic and view I have, and the number is growing. You would notice if you got out of your safety zone here. We all can get along. We aren't into "attacking" like your pathology is. What you are seeing is us club you over the head as you attempt to scale the walls. With your limited perspectives and thought processes, you take that as an attack. It is actually protecting you in a way. Mad dogs getting over the wall won't last too long.

You will have a lot of trouble trying to understand that.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#168788 Jun 13, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy? You thick moron there is evidence but hey when has evidence ever had and sway over a godbot?
I here all the butfucking that goes on is jail can be a bit of an eye opener eh?
This coming from a person that has had same sex with a woman...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#168789 Jun 13, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Franchement, je suis surpris ses deux bras ne sont dans le plâtre!
Il se tapote sur le dos si souvent - en face d'un miroir. Il est assez immature.
Thank you for Edith, loved it
Louis Armstrong also does an excellent version of that song.
How about Michael Buble?
Diana Krall?
Or this?
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
I have doubt about you being gay

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#168790 Jun 13, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this good old christard guesswork in action?
You have nothing else so all you can do make up supposedly hurtful abuse based on nothing but your own godlike wet dreams and lies
It’s the pathetic christard way
Well don't take it so hard, Christine the cooter licker! Consider yourself one of the many intellectually challenged, who continuously loses debates to Dr. Clownie the Anointed...

YOURS TRULY
Bro. Clownie The Marvelous
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#168791 Jun 13, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Question 5 E , funny
And yet genocide does not figure in Abrahaic religions (supposedly) why is this I wonder – Note that Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic committed genocide against Moslems in the name of their christian church),
To date and using modern technology a wooden vessel of the size depicted in the babble is incapable of being built yet the babble would have us believe that inexperienced people using stone age tools managed it, first attempt 4000 years ago
The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term exam paper.
The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.
Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?
Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.
One student, however, wrote the following:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.
As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.
With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:
(1). If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
(2). If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it?
If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you, and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct...leaving only Heaven thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."
THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A
http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/hell.asp

It is cute, but false.

#168792 Jun 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from a person that has had same sex with a woman...
This coming form a child that has sex with his sister

#168793 Jun 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from a person that has had same sex with a woman...
One day you may grow up and have sex with a woman too
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#168794 Jun 13, 2013
That sisterfucker is so obsessed about others. Mind you, his last partner died rather than sleep with him.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this good old christard guesswork in action?
You have nothing else so all you can do make up supposedly hurtful abuse based on nothing but your own godlike wet dreams and lies
It’s the pathetic christard way
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#168795 Jun 13, 2013
Dogshit has more rights to be proud of itself than Tranny Town Clunt could ever have.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

#168796 Jun 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Well don't take it so hard, Christine the cooter licker! Consider yourself one of the many intellectually challenged, who continuously loses debates to Dr. Clownie the Anointed...
YOURS TRULY
Bro. Clownie The Marvelous
What debate? you get confused when people use words of 2 syllables the only thing you are capable of posting it hate and slander

But it is good to see your hateful lying spite and hypocrisy as you futily bat for the godbot losers team side again

#168797 Jun 13, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/hell.asp
It is cute, but false.
Yup but funny though, I use it quite often to give godbots something to think about when they start ranting about hell
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#168798 Jun 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I have doubt about you being gay
I have no doubt you've just confirmed yourself to be a bigot. Typical Christian attitude.

We can see you are still engaged in your courageous battle with literacy and mental health.

Please remove that frightful codpiece, pink is definitely not your color.

#168799 Jun 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
That sisterfucker is so obsessed about others. Mind you, his last partner died rather than sleep with him.
<quoted text>
That never stopped him sleeping with her

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#168800 Jun 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>see my middle finger in your screen
I really hope you actually did that, but it's not very clowny. Normally we all have a great time laughing at you.

yesss. let your anger flow. lol

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#168801 Jun 13, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
One day you may grow up and have sex with a woman too
He wont be satisfied unless she has a big red nose and giant feet.
ha ha ha :O)
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#168802 Jun 13, 2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PGVUHeMuHVA/UYDaNgM...

Clearly not happy with the prospect of Tranny Town Clunt!
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
He wont be satisfied unless she has a big red nose and giant feet.
ha ha ha :O)
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#168803 Jun 13, 2013
The Big 10 – A simple logic problem

2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

The second commandment tells us that Yahweh is a jealous God, punishing not just those who make graven images, but also their innocent children and children's children, down to the fourth generation. Imagine the universal denunciation that would accompany the enactment of such policies in the modern world, say a policy that punishes the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of thiefs, for example.

The whole premise that innocent people should be deliberately punished for the actions of their ancestors is both absurd and morally indefensible.

Especially interesting is the fact that almost no Christian in the entire world obeys or even attempts to obey the first sentence, which states clearly that making images and likenesses of anything in heaven or earth is forbidden.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

The third commandment is yet another affirmation of Yahweh's jealous nature and willingness to punish those who offend him.

4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that any supernatural beings are concerned, or would have been concerned at any time in the past, with my weekend work schedule.

No such apathy is apparent in the Old Testament, where the penalty for working on the sabbath is exactly the same as for worshipping other Gods -- death by stoning.

In Numbers, the following touching story is recounted:
"While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. They put him in custody, because it had not been made plain what should be done to him. And the LORD said to Moses,'The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.' And all the congregation brought him outside the camp, and stoned him to death with stones, as the LORD commanded Moses" (15:32-36).

One can imagine the discussions that would take place in history classes across the nation: "Mr. Smith, is it really true that Yahweh thought it was right to stone people to death for working on the wrong day of the week? If we are totally free to disobey the fourth commandment, why aren't we allowed to disobey the others?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 793,355
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 5 min Johnny 2,925
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min waleed sadat 120,612
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 567,310
You are of your father.....THE DEVIL 9 min Joe fortuna 129
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Here For Now 607,034
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 16 min mamma-san 221,520
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 97,408
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 267,253
More from around the web