Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#166267 May 29, 2013
RachS wrote:
@ skeptic, It's not about "proving it" it's about experiencing it. I can't stand when atheists keep saying prove it because the closer you get to Him it becomes proof enough. Of course someone who has never experienced the love of God is not going to understand. There is in no way proof of evolution either, it's all about searching in the end. I know I'd rather search for something else and find it than settle for a science based theory, if I settle for evolution and never search for God then I guess I miss out, my death won't be so pleasant, but in searching for something bigger and then actually finding it I'm covered. It's sad how most evolutionists stick with it cause that's what's mainly drilled into us in school. It's kinda gullible, silly if you ask me cause I don't rely on what teachers etc tell me, I'd rather find out for myself. They talk about "soul searching" some people just really need to do a bit of searching for themselves.
You forget that many atheists are former xtians.

Also, you don't seem to know the difference between verifiable proof and wishful thinking.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#166268 May 29, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>there is no proof of evolution... none
Obviously there is no proof for you,no amount of evidence will satisfy a stupid,credulous,ignoramus such as yourself. Now go back to reading your holy book of myths and fables that suits your stone age mentality so well.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#166269 May 29, 2013
Atheist dummy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously there is no proof for you,no amount of evidence will satisfy a stupid,credulous,ignoramus such as yourself. Now go back to reading your holy book of myths and fables that suits your stone age mentality so well.
you have no proof goofy...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#166270 May 29, 2013
As usual you are wrong. It was slavery we even have scriptures saying the children of the slaves belong to the master. There scriptures saying how to beat your slave. Not to mention if a slave owner orders a female slave to have sex with him he is not to be punished. Only Hebrews owned by other Hebrews had any rights whatsoever. A non Hebrew slave had no protection at all.

Not even Jesus said to abolish slavery not did Paul. In fact Paul ordered a run away slave to return to his owner instead of staying free. Even at the time of the bible myths, several other cultures did not allow slavery whatsoever.

So we can clearly see how how dark and twisted your bible god's morality was. Ban his people from blending fibers in their clothes, but owning slaves is fine. Priorities.
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>well, now were on the topic of slavery. for the sake of clarity, no the bible allows for servanthood,lol

Melbourne, Australia

#166271 May 29, 2013
RachS wrote:
@ skeptic, It's not about "proving it" it's about experiencing it. I can't stand when atheists keep saying prove it because the closer you get to Him it becomes proof enough. Of course someone who has never experienced the love of God is not going to understand. There is in no way proof of evolution either, it's all about searching in the end. I know I'd rather search for something else and find it than settle for a science based theory, if I settle for evolution and never search for God then I guess I miss out, my death won't be so pleasant, but in searching for something bigger and then actually finding it I'm covered. It's sad how most evolutionists stick with it cause that's what's mainly drilled into us in school. It's kinda gullible, silly if you ask me cause I don't rely on what teachers etc tell me, I'd rather find out for myself. They talk about "soul searching" some people just really need to do a bit of searching for themselves.
You say if I settle for evolution and never search for God then I guess I miss out, my death wont be pleasant!
Haven't you read your Bible? No it wont be pleasant your God is going to burn you and your lovely family and friends, you are going to witness horror like you never believed possible.
All OK though cause if your one of the few chosen ones you the go to heaven.

Location hidden

#166272 May 29, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
lol sceps, ur the man. we will taalk soon once we become civil enough to to have the discssion. enjoy yor day bro.
That's it coward, when offered the chance to prove your hallucination, you walk away.

Thanks for playing "convert the atheist"

game over.

Location hidden

#166273 May 29, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Isn't it funny(but really, it's not) how atheists claim that God doesn't exist, that He's not REAL, but yet they date, marry, and procreate with human beings of the opposite sex....and yet they try to convince themselves, and others,that God isn't REAL....Uh....yeah....right. We know the REAL DEAL: You people are running from the Lord Jesus Christ because you don't want to REPENT and live the way He commands that human beings live.
Did you know atheists also eat, sleep, run, swim and other activities as well.

How the f*ck does any of that prove a god?

Location hidden

#166274 May 29, 2013
RachS wrote:
@ skeptic, It's not about "proving it" it's about experiencing it.
It may be about experiencing it, but for you to claim that it is real and applies to everyone, have to prove it.

Otherwise you are what is known as a liar.
RachS wrote:
I can't stand when atheists keep saying prove it because the closer you get to Him it becomes proof enough.
You can't stand it because it forces you to face up to the fact that you suffer form the mental illness of faith.
RachS wrote:
Of course someone who has never experienced the love of God is not going to understand.
I am happy I am not suffering from the mental illness of faith and its associated symptoms.
RachS wrote:
There is in no way proof of evolution either,
You're an idiot. Evolution is a fact.
RachS wrote:
it's all about searching in the end. I know I'd rather search for something else and find it than settle for a science based theory, if I settle for evolution and never search for God then I guess I miss out, my death won't be so pleasant, but in searching for something bigger and then actually finding it I'm covered. It's sad how most evolutionists stick with it cause that's what's mainly drilled into us in school. It's kinda gullible, silly if you ask me cause I don't rely on what teachers etc tell me, I'd rather find out for myself. They talk about "soul searching" some people just really need to do a bit of searching for themselves.
You would rather believe what is inlive with your particular brand of mental illness.

YOu can't accept the real world and want atheists to drop everything and follow your personal hallucination, without any proof.

Shame on you for wasting your life and others in this way. Take some responsibility for yourself and grow the f*ck up.

Cults are destrutive and harm individual freedoms.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#166275 May 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you scare easy
Very.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166276 May 30, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Very.
Ye Ol chicken little! LOL

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166277 May 30, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardy-har-har! I, being anointed by God to do battle against atheists, and other lost in the wilderness morons, cannot be insulted. Try as you may, it is against all the laws of physics to insult yours truly. Physically, and mentally stronger than steel, blessed by God with Heavenly knowledge, and wisdom. That gives me unbreakable strength to fight off miniscule, unintelligent, and in reality, out and out stupid morons like yourself. I have faith in God, the maker of everything, even losers like you (which proves God has a sense of humor). You brainless dip-sticks strengthen my faith, and my resolve. Now, get off your daddy's computer before he comes home and sticks you with his pitchfork.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166278 May 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know atheists also eat, sleep, run, swim and other activities as well.
How the f*ck does any of that prove a god?
You forgot that God made some morons, and that you're one of them. Aww, don't be so down on yourself dummy ... I'm sure God was just joking! LMAO!!!...Proof, knucklehead ... I want proof! until then Im gonna believe in Jesus Christ as LORD

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#166279 May 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot that God made some morons, and that you're one of them. Aww, don't be so down on yourself dummy ... I'm sure God was just joking! LMAO!!!...Proof, knucklehead ... I want proof! until then Im gonna believe in Jesus Christ as LORD
E=MC^2

You have repeatedly been offered that proof. Itís the proof that allows you co make stupid comments on the internet, itís the proof that allows you to switch your lights on at night, itís the proof that the god descried in kjv revelation 19:6 cannot exists in this universe

Lexington, KY

#166281 May 30, 2013
I must say with your lack of facts or even a coherent argument, your god must be a real underperformed.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Hardy-har-har! I, being anointed by God to do battle against atheists, and other lost in the wilderness morons, cannot be insulted. Try as you may, it is against all the laws of physics to insult yours truly. Physically, and mentally stronger than steel, blessed by God with Heavenly knowledge, and wisdom. That gives me unbreakable strength to fight off miniscule, unintelligent, and in reality, out and out stupid morons like yourself. I have faith in God, the maker of everything, even losers like you (which proves God has a sense of humor). You brainless dip-sticks strengthen my faith, and my resolve. Now, get off your daddy's computer before he comes home and sticks you with his pitchfork.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166282 May 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
E=MC^2
You have repeatedly been offered that proof. Itís the proof that allows you co make stupid comments on the internet, itís the proof that allows you to switch your lights on at night, itís the proof that the god descried in kjv revelation 19:6 cannot exists in this universe
GOD made everything thats proof enough for me... how has been going in your neck of the woods! great to see ya

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166283 May 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I must say with your lack of facts or even a coherent argument, your god must be a real underperformed.
<quoted text>
you're dumb

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166284 May 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
You're as goofy as the day is long! Surely you jest! The burden of proof is not on me! I believe in God because of my faith in God, and because of miracles that happened in my life. I could sit here for days quoting scriptures, but, it would be a waste of time, like talking to a brick wall. You already have your mind set on your religion of science or whatever, and your atheist ways. Absolutely nothing I could say would change your mind. God gifted us a book of life, and you don't believe that, so... go on with your trip down the path of conscience confusion and speculation. Have a nice trip! It's like jumping off the top of a skyscraper ... the fall won't hurt, but, that sudden stop is a killer.
You claim I've fallen for the biggest con the world has ever known? LMAO!!! Contrary to your beliefs ... you have fallen for the biggest con job in the history of mankind. Who is it you worship? Science, Lucifer, Intellects, yourself, Lost in the wilderness in dummyland, the Big Bang? LMAO!!! Specs of dust, and theoretical speculation in the vast cosmos! It doesn't really matter to me who you worship, or don't worship. That's your business! But, don't come on this thread claiming you know for a fact that there is no God. You're just showing your ignorance, because, you have NO FACTS! Now, enjoy your flight on spaceship Earth as you're being hurled through space faster than a speeding bullet. Science, are we going to fast? Maybe one of your space aliens can guide you through the vast universe! LMAO!!!
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#166285 May 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
E=MC^2
that was to the clown person. I do not think you should claim that an atheist has proven that there is no God, or that the christian God does not exist? You give too much away. Why take the burden of proof when it is not necessary? It is the believer in any God who says he knows and has proof and evidence, who has to provide the proof.

If a person claims to know from experience, and does not claim to need proof, even that is sufficient. You still do not have to provide evidence for non-belief. You disbelieve from experience! Give him back what he hands out! If his experience of God is a sufficient substitute for proof, then your non-experience of God is sufficient substitute for proof, for you.

If you do not claim to know, and merely disbelieve. There is no rational argument against you, as long as you do not assume the burden of proof. That is why agnostic atheism is a comfortable attitude, with the opportunity to challenge other views, and no obligation to prove anything.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#166286 May 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>GOD made everything thats proof enough for me... how has been going in your neck of the woods! great to see ya
Clownie, when you begin your argument with "God did it", you need to demonstrate evidence for this "God" thingy.

I'll wait.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166287 May 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Clownie, when you begin your argument with "God did it", you need to demonstrate evidence for this "God" thingy.
I'll wait.
I said GOD made everything can you disprove that? Im waiting... I haven't seen one bit of proven material that you have spewed from your mouth! So, what are you going to do? Keep being the knuckle-heads that you atheist are by deflecting proof? Will we be inundated with the continuous garbage by you running your mouth? I'll be waiting patiently for the proof that atheist proclaim to have. Truth be told you have no proof that there isn't a God, and, contrary to popular belief, neither does anyone else.If you can disprove God exist prove it !!!!!! Im gonna keep on believeing by faith...

Yours Truly
Bro. Clownie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 542,730
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 4 min DEMI Lovato 1,851
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min mike 601,117
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Lyndi 173,702
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Porkpie Hat 259,576
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Stilgar Fifrawi 739,551
The Anti-Christ 47 min Bev Jamison 8

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••