Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258481 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#166341 May 31, 2013
No the statement shows that a moral people and society will not allow for slavery, even in ancient times.
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>i just noticed ths. which one is it? you care about the culture, or you dont care about?the statemnet contridicts itself, and this statement shows the entire problem with your view. its convenient to look at the culture when it decribes something in your favor, but you dont want to make an effort to compare slavery through history because its not the same. your point is invalid because you dont stick your own complaints. you cant say that it doesnt matter when its not convenient and then in the next sentence say that it maters because its convenient. arguments dont have validity unless theyre consistant. this shows that your really not serious about discussing the issue. if you are, you must take more care in forming your argument.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#166342 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Ye Ol chicken little! LOL
Oooooo....

Now you're hurting my feelings.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#166343 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>God made the whole world... and everything in it
Prove it.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#166344 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! you can't
There's no need to.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#166345 May 31, 2013
Their god made miscarriages, cot death and childhood leukaemia.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Imhotep

Knoxville, TN

#166346 May 31, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not matter how you dress it up slavery is slavery.
ps. learn to use the spell checker.
Spell checker is not reliable here's an example. ;)

Eye halve a spelling checker
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss Steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
it nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
its letter perfect awl the weigh
my checker tolled me sew.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#166347 May 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, Clownie.
You claim to believe in a deity.
Show me why.
The bible,creation,miracles,billio ns of believers,my chruch,my pastor,my sunday school,12 men/disciples preached the gospel 2000 yrs ago and now we have billions that believe Jesus Christ is LORD. All but one was put to a horrible death in his name! if it wasn't true they would have been saying hey guys I was just joking!! I don't believe he was the son of GOD.. Im on your side give me a break boys, can't a guy clown around GEE-WHIZ... they died like men and said Jesus Christ is lord... this are just a few !!!!! there are tons more reasons..... I feel when I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior! was the best choice I ever made... I will never regret it this I know...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166348 May 31, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
disprove it

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166349 May 31, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooo....
Now you're hurting my feelings.
sorry bout that!!! I was only messin with you Aerobatty

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166350 May 31, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Their god made miscarriages, cot death and childhood leukaemia.
<quoted text>
If you don't believe in GOD! then what cause all these horrible things????

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166351 May 31, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no need to.
admitting you can't !!!!! PRICLESS
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#166352 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't believe in GOD! then what cause all these horrible things????
They occur naturally.

Science cannot explain everything. Religion explains nothing.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166353 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you do and no you don't.
Sorry, Clownie but you, like millions before, have proven yourselves to be constant liars. No one should believe a proven constant liar.
You are doing more harm to Christianity than any non-believer ever could.
Please continue. With your help, Christianity will go the way of the Clan of the Cave Bear.
Still no proof from the un-Godly! Just rants and whines from pathetic, lost souls who are roaming aimlessly in the wilderness of Sin. Unfortunately, most of these pathetic creatures with no souls, will end up committing Hari-kari and disappear from Heaven's conscience. Im telling you G if you don't stop that non-sense bull crap in the book of tommy OMG how dumb is that mess of lies... you gonna end up down there with that mean ol devil... ya hear me boy

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166354 May 31, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>They occur naturally.
religion don't explain nothing!!!! but the bible does

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166356 May 31, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
stop watching yourself in the mirror while replying to my comment!
You're goofier than I thought. I hate to break the news to you, Miss Lost in her wild-eyed nightmares in Sweden ... God and his many religions are still "the real status quo" in America. Praise be to God!!! And, proven by my intelligent posts, and your hate filled, nutty rants ... I have more intelligence in the tip of one of my pinky fingers than you have in your entire body. You are proof that the devil will be the loser in the final battle between good and evil. You couldn't think your way out of a wet paper bag much less come to a conclusion about someone like Bro. Clownie ... especially someone that is at minimum, 100 times more intelligent than yourself. Now, run along little lost one, don't hurt yourself with your sharp, pointy eared rants ... ya hear!?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166357 May 31, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>They occur naturally.
Science can't tell you if its gonna rain in three days
Imhotep

Knoxville, TN

#166358 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>religion don't explain nothing!!!! but the bible does
Since you're apparently a self confirmed Bible expert perhaps you can explain these verses?
TO WHAT PURPOSE WITH ANY LOVING GOD GIVE THIS ADVICE?

" Happy the one who takes and dashes
Your little ones against the rock! "
-- Psalm 137.9.

Did Jesus lie or was it John?
ALL CHRISTIANS LIE THIS MUST BE HOW THEY LEARNED IT

" Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father."
--John 14.12
Come on Christians, let's see a few miracles – walking on water, perhaps, or raising the dead?!

Ignorant or lying angel?
ANGELS SHOULD GET EVERYTHING PERFECT

"The Lord God shall give him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever and of his kingdom there shall be no end." – Luke 1.32.33.

Hmm. Did Jesus ever get to reign over the house of Jacob? NO!

Obedient slaves are righteous
SLAVERY IS AN ABOMINATION

"Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves ... obedience leads to righteousness?"
– Romans 6.16.

Simple-minded -
JEALOUS GOD ? YOU MUST BE KIDDING

"I am jealous over you ... I fear your minds be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."
– 2 Corinthians 11.2-3.
"I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create EVIL. I the LORD do all these things."
– Isaiah 45.7.

Puerile God

"If ye will not give glory unto my name saith the LORD ... I will spread dung upon your faces."
– Malachi 2.2,3.

Making "every thought captive."
FEAR OF KNOWLEDGE

"For the weapons of our warfare are casting down imaginations ... and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."
– St Paul, 2 Corinthians 10.4,5.

Please provide your most godly biblical answer.

Allah willing - yours in Christ - Shalom - HariKrishna!

Scottsburg, IN

#166359 May 31, 2013
First prove there is a god and webcam go from there. Again you make the assertion so it is upon you to back it up.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>disprove it

Scottsburg, IN

#166360 May 31, 2013
Yes like when Jesus told children at his feet the end of the world would come before some of them died.... Oops he failed miserably.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>religion don't explain nothing!!!! but the bible does

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#166361 May 31, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>my view has a foundation that i derived from biblical text. whats yours?
If your view of slavery came from the bible, then you would not have a problem with owning slaves. You would not have a problem killing everyone in Pittsburgh. They house non-believers and you know how your god feels about that!

My view that slavery is wrong is derived from empathy. I can understand how a slave would feel and I would not want to feel that way. I can understand what it is like to be lied to, so I try my best not to lie. I would not want my daughter to be raped and then force her to marry her rapist, so I don't rape. Are you beginning to understand how this works?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Whiskey Ben Solo 17,534
MESSAGE 4 Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers 14 min Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min Michael 683,939
Poll Why Canada sucks (Oct '10) 1 hr quebec sucks 573
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 983,266
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 619,711
Girl snapchat names (Feb '15) 2 hr eli_mitchell137 2
More from around the web