Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258515 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#166320 May 31, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> that was to the clown person. I do not think you should claim that an atheist has proven that there is no God, or that the christian God does not exist? You give too much away. Why take the burden of proof when it is not necessary? It is the believer in any God who says he knows and has proof and evidence, who has to provide the proof.
If a person claims to know from experience, and does not claim to need proof, even that is sufficient. You still do not have to provide evidence for non-belief. You disbelieve from experience! Give him back what he hands out! If his experience of God is a sufficient substitute for proof, then your non-experience of God is sufficient substitute for proof, for you.
If you do not claim to know, and merely disbelieve. There is no rational argument against you, as long as you do not assume the burden of proof. That is why agnostic atheism is a comfortable attitude, with the opportunity to challenge other views, and no obligation to prove anything.
The word atheism does not have a broad enough scope to encompass my belief and I will not be pidgin holed as atheist or anything else. Atheism states that the atheist believes that no god exists.

I know that no god exists with the same hard certainty that a religious person knows one does exists. The difference being that the weight of physical and psychological evidence is in my favour and E=MC^2 gives me mathematical proof that the god depicted in KJV revelation 19:6 cannot exist in this universe.

What I treat as evidence needs to be factual and E=MC^2 is factual, it has never been proven to be wrong, even with the recent neutrino experiments at CERN. I did not write the babble and I did not write E=MC^2, I just follow them to their logical conclusions.

If someone claims on a public thread that a god exists then they should be able to provide evidence for that claim as I can and do provide evidence for my claim.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#166321 May 31, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
If a man has sex with a slave girl, he is not to be punished for she is a slave.
Only Hebrew slaves had any slight considerations. Non Hebrews had no protection, I notice you failed to mention that.
Even a Hebrew man slave can be forces into permanent slavery by blackmailing him with his own wife and children.
A female Hebrew can be forced into lifelong slavery.
You can beat your slave just so long as they can stand up after two days. Wow!
How about Jesus? Surely he would forbid owning another person right?
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.(Ephesians 6:5 NLT)
Nope.
You can dress it up all you want but slaves are slaves. Bible slaves were beaten, raped and forced into slavery from birth to death.
I don't care what societies were doing at the time, the bible god clearly accepts, approves and even orders slavery. Meanwhile several other cultures at the time refused to allow slavery at the same time Jesus was telling slaves to obey and respect their masters.
<quoted text>
I thought you said GOD don't exist!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166322 May 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that’s faith enough for you, there is a big difference between the meaning of the word proof and the meaning of the word faith. You really do need to look up the meaning of the words proof, truth, belief and faith. You may find the education worthwhile
Fine thanks, how’s it in yours?
The evidence is there... you just don't see it.

Its going good around here! Im happy and having fun. thats all that matters... Key word enjoy

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166323 May 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that’s faith enough for you, there is a big difference between the meaning of the word proof and the meaning of the word faith. You really do need to look up the meaning of the words proof, truth, belief and faith. You may find the education worthwhile
Fine thanks, how’s it in yours?
As one person put it, "Unless a man's faith saves him out of selfishness into service, it will certainly never save him out of hell into heaven."

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#166324 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The evidence is there... you just don't see it....
Just like Tinkerbell and the rest of the Pixies.

The flowers bloom, it proves they are real!

“Be strong ...”

#166325 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The evidence is there... you just don't see it.
Its going good around here! Im happy and having fun. thats all that matters... Key word enjoy
Nope, the imagination is there, there is a difference between imagination and evidence

“Be strong ...”

#166326 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>As one person put it, "Unless a man's faith saves him out of selfishness into service, it will certainly never save him out of hell into heaven."
As another person put it “what a load of total BS”

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#166327 May 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, the imagination is there, there is a difference between imagination and evidence
Clownie's having difficulty distinguishing between "allegation" and "evidence".

Forget about "proof".

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#166328 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>there is no proof of evolution... none
You must be blind

Since: May 13

Trenton, NJ

#166329 May 31, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not matter how you dress it up slavery is slavery.
ps. learn to use the spell checker.
you say that slavery is slavery no matter how you put it, and id like to know if you know the differences between them. because the importance is the details my friend. you claim its the same, well id like you to adress that. your mixing up two different ideas, that the slavery of the history of the world is the same, and that the moral backing of each view of slavery is the same. not to mention that everyone seems to skip the question i pose. whats the foundaion for their moral attack on slavery at all? slavery is wrong, i agree, but whats the foundation for their view? my view has a foundation that i derived from biblical text. whats yours?

Location hidden

#166330 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I said GOD made everything can you disprove that? Im waiting... I haven't seen one bit of proven material that you have spewed from your mouth! So, what are you going to do? Keep being the knuckle-heads that you atheist are by deflecting proof? Will we be inundated with the continuous garbage by you running your mouth? I'll be waiting patiently for the proof that atheist proclaim to have. Truth be told you have no proof that there isn't a God, and, contrary to popular belief, neither does anyone else.If you can disprove God exist prove it !!!!!! Im gonna keep on believeing by faith...
Yours Truly
Bro. Clownie
you have to prove to us that god exists

Since: May 13

Trenton, NJ

#166331 May 31, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I don't care what societies were doing at the time, the bible god clearly accepts, approves and even orders slavery. Meanwhile several other cultures at the time refused to allow slavery at the same time Jesus was telling slaves to obey and respect their masters.
<quoted text>
i just noticed ths. which one is it? you care about the culture, or you dont care about?the statemnet contridicts itself, and this statement shows the entire problem with your view. its convenient to look at the culture when it decribes something in your favor, but you dont want to make an effort to compare slavery through history because its not the same. your point is invalid because you dont stick your own complaints. you cant say that it doesnt matter when its not convenient and then in the next sentence say that it maters because its convenient. arguments dont have validity unless theyre consistant. this shows that your really not serious about discussing the issue. if you are, you must take more care in forming your argument.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166332 May 31, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be blind
you must be dumb & gullible...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166333 May 31, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
you have to prove to us that god exists
no I don't!!! I already know there is a GOD... and you are to dumb to see all the evidence.. so its up to you and GOD... So keep walking around dumb and blind...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166334 May 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Clownie's having difficulty distinguishing between "allegation" and "evidence".
Forget about "proof".
You're as goofy as the day is long! Surely you jest! The burden of proof is not on me! I believe in God because of my faith in God, and because of miracles that happened in my life. As I have said before I could sit here for days quoting scriptures, but, it would be a waste of time, like talking to a brick wall. You already have your mind set on your religion of science devil worship or whatever, and your atheist ways. Absolutely nothing I could say would change your mind. God gifted us a book of life, the holy bible,and you don't believe that, so... go on with your trip down the path of conscience confusion and speculation. Have a nice trip! in the land of the confused and consipated..

Bro. Clownie

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#166335 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>no I don't!!! I already know there is a GOD.......
Yes you do and no you don't.

Sorry, Clownie but you, like millions before, have proven yourselves to be constant liars. No one should believe a proven constant liar.

You are doing more harm to Christianity than any non-believer ever could.

Please continue. With your help, Christianity will go the way of the Clan of the Cave Bear.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#166336 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>You're as goofy as the day is long! Surely you jest! The burden of proof is not on me! I believe in God because of my faith in God, and because of miracles that happened in my life. As I have said before I could sit here for days quoting scriptures, but, it would be a waste of time, like talking to a brick wall. You already have your mind set on your religion of science devil worship or whatever, and your atheist ways. Absolutely nothing I could say would change your mind. God gifted us a book of life, the holy bible,and you don't believe that, so... go on with your trip down the path of conscience confusion and speculation. Have a nice trip! in the land of the confused and consipated..
Bro. Clownie
No, Clownie.

You claim to believe in a deity.

Show me why.

Location hidden

#166338 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you must be dumb & gullible...
stop watching yourself in the mirror while replying to my comment!

Location hidden

#166339 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>no I don't!!! I already know there is a GOD... and you are to dumb to see all the evidence.. so its up to you and GOD... So keep walking around dumb and blind...
That you have no evidence for god is noted

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#166340 May 31, 2013
Yes I deleted your apologetic opinion piece that is completely devoid of fact.

Bottom line on today's secular society we find the practice of owning another human being as a slave is abhorrent and detestable. The god in your bible myth thought that a person owning another person is fine.

He says you can beat them, just so long as they can stand up after two days. Now think about that. Just think about that. As a kid you were probably in some fights right? Both of you probably messed up, roughed up, bleeding noses bruises everywhere. Still most likely both of you were able to get up and go home. Now imagine how cruel and vicious a beating would need to be to require two days of rest before you can stand up again as the bible days is okay? Barbaric!

The bible clearly says you can have sex with a female slave. Rape.

The bible even says how to go and buy slaves from other countries and they are your slaves for life as are any children they have. You even admit these slaves really had no rights.

I could go on and on but the bottom line is your god happily allowed for life long slavery, you can beat them, rape them, own and sell or use their children, even Jesus and Paul ordered slaves to obey their human master and return to them. There is no historical context that makes these barbaric practices okay.

In the time of Jesus many cultures and countries did not allow slavery. These people did just fine without slaves. I guess they just has better morals and a hold book that never mentioned slavery was approved by their god.
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>it seems so odd to me that you told the truth.

nonhebrew slaves didnot have the same rights as hebrew slaves. its logical because these are foreign people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min Dang Jersey Piney 447,479
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 22 min Nohweh 72,373
Gay and bi-curious texting (May '12) 1 hr Jackie 13
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 995,120
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Wisdom of Ages 699,536
Friends are not supportive of my relationship 3 hr ranier77 1
My cousin does not clean up and it frustrates me 4 hr maryjean28 1
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 12 hr Big Al 138