Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
159,301 - 159,320 of 224,728 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Racist bigot right wingers like you tend to gravitate towards the likes of Bush.

So you voted against him?

The overwhelming majority of Bush's backers were Christian. I notice you ran away from Christians standing in the way of medical advancements and all the lives lost to that. You also are still unable to name another group of people called by the racist term you used to describe Latinos.

Since you keep cowering from that I accept your surrender as I so often have to do for your failures.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Givemeliberty wrote:
Christian fundies pushing to send us into war,

Which fundies and which wars?

Bush isn't my hero, for one. And for two, MANY different groups of Americans backed him in the war effort, not just Christians.

Derp.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Several Protestant churches the discovery Institute for starters....

Still unable to grasp the Jesus DNA joke? Wow I mean Gilbert Grape could have put that together by now.

Myself being multiracial would never say such a thing about African Americans.

And again reject, millions of deaths per year that could have been prevented if not for Christians. Most people could have figured that out, I keep forgetting how low your IQ is ditch digger.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Who?! Name some names, or at least some specific groups.

If you're gonna be that superficial and ignorant to claim that all Christians fight stem cell research, then I'll go ahead and assume you think all black people are crooks.

That's YOUR mentality.

[QUOTE] Jesus in DNA was obviously mocking you idiots, you just proved my point showing you couldn't put that together. "

WTF is 'Jesus DNA'??

[QUOTE] Death of millions, fact.

"

We live, we die. Your point?
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

You silly cult, the RCC used to be a cancer on all our finances.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA!!!
OMG, you're comparing a government (a HUGE & very weathly government) to the RCC?!?!?
ROTFLMMFAO !!!!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Paying off the victims of Priest rape figures in heavily into that number I noticed.

You didn't catch that did you ditch digger?

Oh well you're always good for a laugh!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I was a little off, it's $170 billion in total, it's "only" $73 billion they spend on health care....

The expenditure of the [Roman Catholic] Church is estimated as $170 billion in 2010. Of this, 57% was spent on health-care networks, 28% on colleges and universities, 6% on dioceses, parishes and schools, and 2.7% on charitable activities.

http://www.banneroftruth.org/pages/articles/a...

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx...

===

Now that's just the RCC, which is roughly half of Christianity.....

Wanna combine ALL of Christianity?

Wanna name one single atheist group that donates $73 BILLION dollars?

No?

Imagine that.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Liar.
Your 'point' was that there are over 60,000 versions of Christianity.
You're wrong and you know it.
Technically, since all Christians are suspicious of the doctrinal purity of the guy in the next pew, there are nearly 2 billion different Christian cults-of-one.
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

saidI wrote:
How many Atheist groups are there?
Do you expect all Atheist to join groups, have regular meetings etc. Then we'd be just like religious people! Most Atheist in this world don't belong to any Atheist organisation.
People who don't believe in God donate and also do great things for their community's, silly.
There are also religious people who have done great things and if you were all more like Jesus and Mother Teresa, the world be a great place.
Charitable behavior gets big perks in the afterlife, according to Christian and Islamic theology. Philanthropy, in these creeds, is a highly profitable long-term investment, a down payment on ecstatic immortality. Quite the bargain!

But atheists? No heaven awaits them. No pearly gates, eager virgins, harping angels, fluffy clouds, or succulent oasis. No reward whatsoever. Atheists have no faith, no expectation of benefit from a deity. So, atheists are probably selfish, right? Pitiless, parsimonious. Totally stingy misers, not passing a penny off to the poor…correct?

WRONG! Atheists, non-believers, secular humanists, skeptics—the whole gamut of the godless have emerged in recent years as inarguably the most generous benefactors on the globe. That’s right. Hordes of heretics are the world’s biggest damned philanthropists. Both individually and in groups, heathen infidels are topping the fundraising charts.

First, the facts.

The current most charitable individuals in the United States, based on “Estimated Lifetime Giving,” are:

1) Warren Buffett (atheist, donated $40.785 billion to “health, education, humanitarian causes”)

2) Bill & Melinda Gates (atheists, donated $27.602 billion to “global health and development, education”)

3) George Soros (atheist, donated $6.936 billion to “open and democratic societies”)

A century ago, one of the USA’s leading philanthropists was Andrew Carnegie, atheist.

Regarding “group efforts”—Kiva.org, the micro-financing organization that has distributed $261 million to people in 61 nations, has “lending teams” that post their generous efforts online. The leading team on November 22, 2011, is “Atheists, Agnostics, Skeptics, Freethinkers, Secular Humanists, and the Non-Religious.” These 18,127 benevolent blasphemers have lent $5,623,750 in 187,920 loans. Their simple motto is:“We loan because we care about the suffering of human beings.”

Trailing behind in the #2 slot are the “Kiva Christians” who have loaned $3,211,250. Their supernatural rallying cry is,“We loan because: Pure and undefiled religion before God the Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their misfortune and to keep oneself unstained by the world.(James 1:27)”

I’m gleeful that the irreligious are the most altruistic because I was incessantly told the inverse by credo-worshipping commenters after I published my article “Tax the Churches and Give the Revenue to Hungry Children.” Pious posters informed me that my secular proposal would seriously damage charitable causes, because it would hamper the vast, sublime generosity of the devout. Ha! The numbers above suggest that their contention is just the usual sanctimonious drivel. A favorite slogan of atheists is,“We Don’t Need God To Be Good” and the philanthropy figures I’ve presented indicate that is exactly the case, indeed, we seem to be “BETTER without God.”
quote from IEET.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA!!!
OMG, you're comparing a government (a HUGE & very weathly government) to the RCC?!?!?
ROTFLMMFAO !!!!
HA HA HA!!!
You lie about god over and over again and STILL have no evidence!?!?!?
ROTFLMMFAO !!!!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA!!!
ROTFLMMFAO !!!!
You have no proof - address the point you stupid f*ck.

Now run away creationist, and come back when nobody's looking to spam your sh*t all over again and get embarrassed once again, making more atheists.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

saidI wrote:
How many Atheist groups are there?
Do you expect all Atheist to join groups, have regular meetings etc. Then we'd be just like religious people! Most Atheist in this world don't belong to any Atheist organisation.
People who don't believe in God donate and also do great things for their community's, silly.
There are also religious people who have done great things and if you were all more like Jesus and Mother Teresa, the world be a great place.
saidI wrote:
LOL

Good one.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Yup that's about all he can do humiliate himself and run cowering away.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>You have no proof - address the point you stupid f*ck.

Now run away creationist, and come back when nobody's looking to spam your sh*t all over again and get embarrassed once again, making more atheists.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof - address the point you stupid f*ck.
"...address the point you stupid f*ck."

In Tourette syndrome, compulsive swearing can be uncontrollable and undesired by the Troll uttering the phrases.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a little off, it's $170 billion in total, it's "only" $73 billion they spend on health care....
The expenditure of the [Roman Catholic] Church is estimated as $170 billion in 2010. Of this, 57% was spent on health-care networks, 28% on colleges and universities, 6% on dioceses, parishes and schools, and 2.7% on charitable activities.
http://www.banneroftruth.org/pages/articles/a...
http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx...
===
Now that's just the RCC, which is roughly half of Christianity.....
Wanna combine ALL of Christianity?
Wanna name one single atheist group that donates $73 BILLION dollars?
No?
Imagine that.
Are mother teresa brand "lie on the ground while we talk about jesus 'til you die" services included in 'health care?'

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
So 43,000 different Christian religions all claiming they and only they have it right is fine? It seems if Jesus was real and cared there should only be 1.
Learn to google.
<quoted text>
LMMFAO! It seems as though you just learned to google.

For days you've been crying about the "60,000" versions of Christianity.

Now it's "43,000".....

HA HA HA !!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Racist bigot right wingers like you tend to gravitate towards the likes of Bush.
So you voted against him?
The overwhelming majority of Bush's backers were Christian. I notice you ran away from Christians standing in the way of medical advancements and all the lives lost to that. You also are still unable to name another group of people called by the racist term you used to describe Latinos.
Since you keep cowering from that I accept your surrender as I so often have to do for your failures.
<quoted text>
You're an assumptive, bigoted bastard like my grandpa was. He hated all black people for no reason other than they were black. He knew none of them, but presumed to know them all.

For your information, I did not vote for Bush.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Paying off the victims of Priest rape figures in heavily into that number I noticed.
You didn't catch that did you ditch digger?
Oh well you're always good for a laugh!
<quoted text>
Its about 3% spent on court and you ignore the 88% that they spend on people....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Technically, since all Christians are suspicious of the doctrinal purity of the guy in the next pew, there are nearly 2 billion different Christian cults-of-one.
So the atheists say.

But with that logic, that means there's over 6 billion different flavors of chocolate.
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"...address the point you stupid f*ck."
In Tourette syndrome, compulsive swearing can be uncontrollable and undesired by the Troll uttering the phrases.
is that what your doctor told you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

xianity is EVIL wrote:

First, the facts.
The current most charitable individuals in the United States, based on “Estimated Lifetime Giving,” are:
1) Warren Buffett (atheist, donated $40.785 billion to “health, education, humanitarian causes”)
2) Bill & Melinda Gates (atheists, donated $27.602 billion to “global health and development, education”)
The RCC (JUST the RCC) did more than that....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are mother teresa brand "lie on the ground while we talk about jesus 'til you die" services included in 'health care?'
No. They didn't charge for those.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So the atheists say.
But with that logic, that means there's over 6 billion different flavors of chocolate.
How do you figure that?

And even if it were true, why would I care?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

514 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min JudgeNJury 257,110
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min Krackerjacks 115,731
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 15 min jack 461
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min dirty white boy- 722,427
GMO foods and you! 22 min Hidingfromyou 17
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min Hidingfromyou 93,888
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min June VanDerMark 533,781
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 hr Megamegan 87
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••