Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255544 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165714 May 18, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have produced Ted Bundy :-)
Um, he was a Methodist.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#165715 May 18, 2013
Your atrociously bad English shines though your frequent name changes.
Bostitch wrote:
<quoted text>It can't rock if it does not exist. Stupid atheists can't even get there own lies straight.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#165716 May 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like fundies can't handle adjectives?
lol

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#165717 May 19, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Says the guy who wears dresses and occult jewelry. You wouldn't recognize logic if it slapped you in the face with a pipe wrench.
You wear occult jewelry?

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#165718 May 19, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an atheist, upon what absolute moral position do you judge morality with?
There's no absolute morality all morality is relative

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165719 May 19, 2013
Bostitch wrote:
<quoted text>
It can't provide reasoning either. Atheism works by steering the mind towards hate and anger, breeding lies and confusion.
No...
Lincoln

United States

#165720 May 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, he was a Methodist.
We believe You, NOT
You also believe Hitler was a Roman Catholic like all good atheists?
Lincoln

United States

#165721 May 19, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a quote from Hitler, Stalin or Lenin?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#165722 May 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe You, NOT
What you believe is irrelevant.

One thing which is demonstrated daily here is that godbots can not handle facts.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#165723 May 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe You, NOT
Hitler was a self avowed Catholic. He persecuted atheists.

What did you think?

I don't know about Ted Bundy, I never researched his religion.
Lincoln

United States

#165724 May 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was a self avowed Catholic. He persecuted atheists.
What did you think?
I don't know about Ted Bundy, I never researched his religion.
Hitler lied on religion and almost everything else.
Atheist Stalin never claimed to be a Roman Catholic.
Both killed anyone who was expendable
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#165725 May 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a quote from Hitler, Stalin or Lenin?
It's an objective point of view.

How religious was Hitler? At heart, most of the time and like most people, perhaps not much. He was religious enough for the Churches at the time he came to power and while he was in power.

I'm not certain Obama takes Christianity much more seriously than Hitler, or many politicians who openly professes to be religious. When an adherent turns out bad, some religionists reject them and decide they were atheist all along. Once discredited, the adherent's expressed doubts, behavior and their contradictions of religious tenets are emphasised over their religious statements and supposedly 'prove' they were never religious at all - which might well be true. Surely few religionists even in the USA are so superstitious as to believe there was an ancient prophet sent to Earth by god, or that the Bible literally teaches us anything about morality. There are relatively moral interpretations (cherry-picking) of what's in it. Obscuring that 'lack of belief' is lip-service Hitler and Obama paid to religion as the price for their office.
http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/...
At least we both agree that a US politician daren't openly say religion is nonsense (yet) as he wouldn't get elected.

Quote Obama,“Jesus is an historical figure for me, and he’s also a bridge between God and man, in the Christian faith, and one that I think is powerful precisely because he serves as that means of us reaching something higher. And he’s also a wonderful teacher. I think it’s important for all of us, of whatever faith, to have teachers in the flesh and also teachers in history.”
One must read a lot between those lines to see them as a ringing endorsement of Christian tenets that Jesus was the son of god. What else can Pres Obama say?'Christianity is superstitious codswallop and should be abandoned immediately'?

Religion = superstition. It's divisive and often nothing but trouble.

And then you wonder why people regard you as a troll on The Atheism Forum. And then you wonder why people regard you as a troll on The Atheism Forum.

Quote, "For many Christians an important event is their “conversion” or the time that they made a conscious decision to trust Jesus Christ as their Saviour. Here as well, the president [Obama] appears to be lacking."
And perhaps that might be part of the reason for his popularity?
Lincoln

United States

#165726 May 19, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It's an objective point of view.
How religious was Hitler? At heart, most of the time and like most people, perhaps not much. He was religious enough for the Churches at the time he came to power and while he was in power.
I'm not certain Obama takes Christianity much more seriously than Hitler, or many politicians who openly professes to be religious. When an adherent turns out bad, some religionists reject them and decide they were atheist all along. Once discredited, the adherent's expressed doubts, behavior and their contradictions of religious tenets are emphasised over their religious statements and supposedly 'prove' they were never religious at all - which might well be true. Surely few religionists even in the USA are so superstitious as to believe there was an ancient prophet sent to Earth by god, or that the Bible literally teaches us anything about morality. There are relatively moral interpretations (cherry-picking) of what's in it. Obscuring that 'lack of belief' is lip-service Hitler and Obama paid to religion as the price for their office.
http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/...
At least we both agree that a US politician daren't openly say religion is nonsense (yet) as he wouldn't get elected.
Quote Obama,“Jesus is an historical figure for me, and he’s also a bridge between God and man, in the Christian faith, and one that I think is powerful precisely because he serves as that means of us reaching something higher. And he’s also a wonderful teacher. I think it’s important for all of us, of whatever faith, to have teachers in the flesh and also teachers in history.”
One must read a lot between those lines to see them as a ringing endorsement of Christian tenets that Jesus was the son of god. What else can Pres Obama say?'Christianity is superstitious codswallop and should be abandoned immediately'?
Religion = superstition. It's divisive and often nothing but trouble.
And then you wonder why people regard you as a troll on The Atheism Forum. And then you wonder why people regard you as a troll on The Atheism Forum.
Quote, "For many Christians an important event is their “conversion” or the time that they made a conscious decision to trust Jesus Christ as their Saviour. Here as well, the president [Obama] appears to be lacking."
And perhaps that might be part of the reason for his popularity?
Difficult to determine who takes religion or atheism seriously.....threads are inferior to university class is philosophy?
President Obama has moved slightly toward health care for the poor.
Obama a better choice then social darwinist Romney.
"The Economist" which is conservative in the UK is regarded as liberal in the US,this an indication of how far right politics has moved in the US :-(
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#165727 May 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Difficult to determine [which politicians] takes religion or atheism seriously.....threads are inferior to university class is philosophy?
Depends on the University!:-)
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Economist" which is conservative in the UK is regarded as liberal in the US,this an indication of how far right politics has moved in the US :-(
It looks exactly like that from here too.

I rarely comment on US politics but the UK cannot afford to ignore them. There's a view in the UK that what happens in the USA will happen in the UK ten years later. The USA's international influence is so great.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#165728 May 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Mein Kampf is full of Christianity
-
Stalin revived the church in Russia instead of sending everyone to gulag
Lincoln

United States

#165729 May 19, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on the University!:-)
<quoted text>It looks exactly like that from here too.
I rarely comment on US politics but the UK cannot afford to ignore them. There's a view in the UK that what happens in the USA will happen in the UK ten years later. The USA's international influence is so great.
Harvard, Yale and NYU but Not Bob Jones =Fundamentalist academy.
If you have a business in Bible Belt America you pretend or join High Episcopal Church to fend off the born'agains.

US needs universal health care.
Republicans are in love with the fetus but once born, the magic fetus becomes a child, to which republican teabaggers have no problems denying medical care.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#165730 May 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Harvard, Yale and NYU but Not Bob Jones =Fundamentalist academy.
If you have a business in Bible Belt America you pretend or join High Episcopal Church to fend off the born'agains.
US needs universal health care.
Republicans are in love with the fetus but once born, the magic fetus becomes a child, to which republican teabaggers have no problems denying medical care.
God isn't real. When we want the opinions of a mentally ill creationist who lies about atheists and scientist, we will be sure to ask you.

Location hidden

#165731 May 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lame attempt to connect atheism with mass murder. Atheism is a lack of belief in god. Can you tell us where the murder part comes in?

Exactly, now f*ck off you piece of sh*t creationist troll.

Location hidden

#165732 May 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
When your cult finally teaches you about the morals of honesty and proving god, your two-bit opinions about abortion might not be ignored (doubtful).

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#165733 May 19, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Posting a wiki link does not remove from you the need to account for the existence of logic...
You claim atheists use logic, but you continually fail to account for logic.
You are like a man pulled over by the police and when asked to prove you own the car, you keep asserting the mere fact you are driving the car proves your ownership...
Might want to work on your analogies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min River Tam 49,440
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min karl44 105,685
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min Peace_Warrior 618,564
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min MUQ2 44,723
Why Australians should fear Muslims? (Feb '15) 38 min MUQ2 28
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 646,943
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr The Hangman 971,805
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Rosa_Winkel 445,752
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 6 hr WasteWater 27
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr here 281,288
More from around the web