Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#165256 May 12, 2013
Eurythmics wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are all of you atheists such deplorable and mean people?
I do not know-- I never met any atheists as you describe.

On the other hand?

Why do you reject Thor? He's a god WORTH your respect.

In contrast to your dead-and-maggot-filled-jew.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165257 May 12, 2013
Eurythmics wrote:
<quoted text>
Another belly-aching, angry, hopeless atheist trying to place his burdens on the peace-filled and joyful Christians.
I pity you as I watch you scurry and scramble with your anger and hopelessness, atheist.
Peace-filled? You mean like all the ones in prison? Yeah, that's not a "peace" anyone should want.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#165258 May 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> seems you are unless you can prove there is no God or that atheism does not require faith. You just don't know , poor sap.
Must I prove the non-existence of every single mythical god that has ever been worshipped or just the one you worship?

And I suppose you could save me some time since you must have already proven that all of those other gods except yours don't exist. Right?

We'll wait.
Imhotep

Riverview, FL

#165259 May 13, 2013
Eurythmics wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are all of you atheists such deplorable and mean people?
Maybe quite a few learned from that alleged "Good book "?

"If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".--Luke 14:26

We can see you are still engaged in your courageous battle with literacy and mental health.

Perhaps one day, you will gain sufficient education to join the 21st Century.

Save a atheist from the lake of fire - answer these two questions! ;)

Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.

Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with theirs.

Until this time, and it will be an eternity - you are only one of many religious cult members - each claiming more or less the same immortality or enlightenment as others.

"Religion is comparable to a childhood neurosis." ~Sigmund Freud
Thinking

Poole, UK

#165260 May 13, 2013
You're just another sock, talking co*k.
Eurythmics wrote:
<quoted text>
Another belly-aching, angry, hopeless atheist trying to place his burdens on the peace-filled and joyful Christians.
I pity you as I watch you scurry and scramble with your anger and hopelessness, atheist.
Libertarian

London, UK

#165261 May 13, 2013
Can someone explain.

I am an atheist.

I have no faith whatsoever.

I trust in the peer review method of science but it is trust not faith.

Please don't assume I have faith.
Faith - believing something which has no evidence or proof.
Everything I 'believe'or 'trust' has evidence and/or proof.

Accusing atheist of being as gullible as you is not a decent argument for faith.
It's like those who sneer at science and then try to use it in an argument.

Do you trust your television will turn on when you turn it on. Is it magic? no its not.
Libertarian

London, UK

#165262 May 13, 2013
My company has put out a way to spot possible mental illness in phonecalls we receive.

Funnily enough the definition of mental illness is basicly the same definition as religion.
Lincoln

United States

#165263 May 13, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
My company has put out a way to spot possible mental illness in phonecalls we receive.
Funnily enough the definition of mental illness is basicly the same definition as religion.
Funny the study on the opposite
Is atheism linked to autism? Controversial study points to  relationship between the two
People with 'mild' forms of autism are more likely to be atheists, according to a controversial new study - and more likely to shun organised religion in general......
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#165264 May 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> here cod lady
ten·et
[ten-it; British also tee-nit] Show IPA
noun
any opinion, principle, doctrine, dogma, etc., especially one held as true by members of a profession, group, or movement
Stupid theists: always willing to try to define sh*t - never providing evidence of the god they are lying about.

Location hidden

#165265 May 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Is atheism linked to autism? Controversial study points to  relationship between the two
People with 'mild' forms of autism are more likely to be atheists, according to a controversial new study - and more likely to shun organised religion in general......
Funny, you have no proof of god, yet choose to continue typing, instead of f*cking off with their tails between their legs like all the trolls do in the end.

Location hidden

#165266 May 13, 2013
Just ask Educated What - where the f*ck is he?

Where the f*ck is Lil Ticked?

See, they f*cked off when they realised that they had no proof of god.

But they will be back - again with no proof of god.

But plenty of proof that they are liars.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165267 May 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
That actually supports the notion that religion is based on nothing more than made up stories. If your god was real, it would "speak" to those with such flaws, or it hates them. Such a kind god you have, it hates the most challenged of the humans.
Lincoln

United States

#165268 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That actually supports the notion that religion is based on nothing more than made up stories. If your god was real, it would "speak" to those with such flaws, or it hates them. Such a kind god you have, it hates the most challenged of the humans.
No necessarily my God but the other guy is a bit OCD "potty mouth"
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#165269 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Two points about this crap linking autism to atheism. Firstly, I find tabloid Daily Mail stories are notoriously misleading,(and I'm not alone in that). Secondly, autism has only been a diagosis for the last forty or fifty years and there is some evidence that there might be something of an epidemic of it. Many adults with the condition aren't diagnosed as such and some children lose the diagnosis in later life.
http://www.nih.gov/news/health/jan2013/nimh-1...
This means that there may be a disproportionately high proportion of young people in the statistical group. Young people may be statistically less religious and superstitious. So, there could be lots of reasons why religion and superstition is less common in people on the autistic spectrum.

I see no particular significance in whether autisitic people are more or less religious or superstitious than the general population, but perhaps the subject was raised in reaction to the comparison of religious faith with mental illness - who knows or cares?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165270 May 13, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Two points about this crap linking autism to atheism. Firstly, I find tabloid Daily Mail stories are notoriously misleading,(and I'm not alone in that). Secondly, autism has only been a diagosis for the last forty or fifty years and there is some evidence that there might be something of an epidemic of it. Many adults with the condition aren't diagnosed as such and some children lose the diagnosis in later life.
http://www.nih.gov/news/health/jan2013/nimh-1...
This means that there may be a disproportionately high proportion of young people in the statistical group. Young people may be statistically less religious and superstitious. So, there could be lots of reasons why religion and superstition is less common in people on the autistic spectrum.
I see no particular significance in whether autisitic people are more or less religious or superstitious than the general population, but perhaps the subject was raised in reaction to the comparison of religious faith with mental illness - who knows or cares?
Your points are perfectly valid, I do not disagree with them at all actually, I was just pointing out that even if this was true, it does not bode well for religion either way. ;)
Lincoln

United States

#165271 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your points are perfectly valid, I do not disagree with them at all actually, I was just pointing out that even if this was true, it does not bode well for religion either way. ;)
The Democratic Party dropped secularism in 1992 with the Election of President Clinton and has carrier a majority vote for President in 1996, 2000, 2008 and 2012. Clinton won a plurality in 1992.
Atheist vote may be split between libertarian followers of Ran Paul and supporters of the big tent Democratic Party.
President Obama carrier the Roman Catholic vote in 2012.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165272 May 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh I get the inbox messages and trust me most of us are laughing at you not with you :))
Again not everyone can be a college educated success story. We need grunts like you to collect trash, dig ditches and wash ditches. I suppose your ilk needs the comfort of an imaginary god who you telepathically speak to. Whatever helps you through your day grunt.
<quoted text>
Funny.

It was "we all laugh at you", now it's "most of us"...

Imagine that.

Location hidden

#165273 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, no atheist believes in wizards at all, that's what the christian religion believes in.
No it isn't.

A wizard is a *man* that has magical powers.

I challenge you to find one Christian that thinks God is a man.

Location hidden

#165274 May 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Hell is a figment of your imagiation not our's. However if there is one, with hate in your heart and the lies you tell, you are certain to take up resitance.
2. Most atheists are atheists because we have read the bibull.
Yes, you only read it(and probably only parts of it), you never studied it.

You're ignorance made you an atheist. Congrats!

Location hidden

#165275 May 13, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think god says "abracadabra" when he creates stuff?
No, you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Just Sayin 548,689
Appjoy invite code (Apr '14) 6 min Ice 110
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min RADEKT 261,678
The REAL reason Oscar Pistorius was sent straig... 17 min Doctor REALITY 12
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind 26 min selina london 17
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 31 min Jared 172
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min Skombolis 602,178
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min BobbyB1990 750,700
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 4 hr chevyguy 127

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE