Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165134 May 10, 2013
Stop being purposely obtuse I know even you are not THAT stupid.

When people say look to the heavens they mean the sky and even you know that ditch digger.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I close my eyes....

Lexington, KY

#165135 May 10, 2013
Keep dancing puppet! I could buy and sell you a dozen times a day.

Know your role half wit, shovel in hand and diet on your face.

You know we all laugh at you right? Your ignorance clearly shows the damage theistic faith causes. Not all of us can be college graduates and successful. The world needs dish washers and ditch diggers like you as well.:)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Nice try.

You're my better.

Let me a dance like a woman.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165136 May 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Stop being purposely obtuse I know even you are not THAT stupid.
When people say look to the heavens they mean the sky and even you know that ditch digger.
<quoted text>
Is that where you look?

You can only say what YOU do.

You cannot imply that you know what everyone does.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165137 May 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Keep dancing puppet! I could buy and sell you a dozen times a day.
Know your role half wit, shovel in hand and diet on your face.
You know we all laugh at you right? Your ignorance clearly shows the damage theistic faith causes. Not all of us can be college graduates and successful. The world needs dish washers and ditch diggers like you as well.:)
<quoted text>
You're still pretending to know what everyone knows.

"we all laugh at you"

You're a loser, dude.

Go make me a sammich, bitch.

Lexington, KY

#165138 May 10, 2013
Again you are not that fcking ignorant ditch digger.

Look up the heavens my children....

How many pictures of god are images of a sunset or other spectacular photo of the sky?

Even you are that ignorant but being purposely obtuse and you know it grunt.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Is that where you look?

You can only say what YOU do.

You cannot imply that you know what everyone does.

Lexington, KY

#165139 May 10, 2013
Oh I get the inbox messages and trust me most of us are laughing at you not with you :))

Again not everyone can be a college educated success story. We need grunts like you to collect trash, dig ditches and wash ditches. I suppose your ilk needs the comfort of an imaginary god who you telepathically speak to. Whatever helps you through your day grunt.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You're still pretending to know what everyone knows.

"we all laugh at you"

You're my better.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165140 May 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whichever you prefer, we Americans have this little thing called freedom of religion. If you wanna believe in a sky wizard, that's your choice.
Christians don't believe God lives in the sky nor is He a wizard of any kind. That's an atheist belief.
So far, no atheist believes in wizards at all, that's what the christian religion believes in.

Lexington, KY

#165141 May 10, 2013
Their bible mentions witches and sorcerers same thing as a wizard.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So far, no atheist believes in wizards at all, that's what the christian religion believes in.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165142 May 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Their bible mentions witches and sorcerers same thing as a wizard.
<quoted text>
Shh, they don't want to admit what's in their bible of myths, then they'd have to ... face reality.

Lexington, KY

#165143 May 10, 2013
Of course next they will need to rely in taking the bible out of context. It mentions witches and sorcerers but it meant.... Uhmmm...... Like other stuff?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Shh, they don't want to admit what's in their bible of myths, then they'd have to ... face reality.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165144 May 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Of course next they will need to rely in taking the bible out of context. It mentions witches and sorcerers but it meant.... Uhmmm...... Like other stuff?
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean like how unicorns were really just mutant goats!

Lexington, KY

#165145 May 10, 2013
Or all the other mythological creatures in the bible?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you mean like how unicorns were really just mutant goats!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#165146 May 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, no atheist believes in wizards at all, that's what the christian religion believes in.
Actually wizards are possible, men such as Archimedes, Tesla, Edison to name a few were considered wizards.
Sorcery is different from wizardry.
John Browning was THE gun wizard.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165147 May 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually wizards are possible, men such as Archimedes, Tesla, Edison to name a few were considered wizards.
Sorcery is different from wizardry.
John Browning was THE gun wizard.
Yu are kind of stretching the imagination here. It's great to think of magic as "technology we don't understand" in existentialism, but that is not what the stories describe, they very clearly state that these "powers" defy the laws of nature. That is not "technology not yet understood" but opposing all of known science. Of course, this would be required if it was a supernatural event in any way. Though you are correct, Tesla and Edison would have been hung as witches if the christian leaders were allowed full power, and the bible was to be obeyed.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165148 May 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Or all the other mythological creatures in the bible?
<quoted text>
Giants really existed, you know that fake bone was real.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#165149 May 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yu are kind of stretching the imagination here. It's great to think of magic as "technology we don't understand" in existentialism, but that is not what the stories describe, they very clearly state that these "powers" defy the laws of nature. That is not "technology not yet understood" but opposing all of known science. Of course, this would be required if it was a supernatural event in any way. Though you are correct, Tesla and Edison would have been hung as witches if the christian leaders were allowed full power, and the bible was to be obeyed.
It's actually within the definitions.

Free Dictionary.

2. A skilled or clever person: a wizard at math.

Dictionary.com

Also, whiz, wiz,[wiz] Show IPA a person of amazing skill or accomplishment: a wizard at chemistry.

Websters

3.: a very clever or skillful person <computer wizards>

You being a coder are a wizard of sorts. I'll bring the stake you bring the marshmallows. lol

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165150 May 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually within the definitions.
Free Dictionary.
2. A skilled or clever person: a wizard at math.
Dictionary.com
Also, whiz, wiz,[wiz] Show IPA a person of amazing skill or accomplishment: a wizard at chemistry.
Websters
3.: a very clever or skillful person <computer wizards>
You being a coder are a wizard of sorts. I'll bring the stake you bring the marshmallows. lol
lol, okay, I concede. GLM can bring the lighter fluid.

Lexington, KY

#165151 May 10, 2013
Yes the fake bones are totally real as are photoshopped pictures.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Giants really existed, you know that fake bone was real.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165152 May 10, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of religion does NOT mean the freedom to ignore scientific facts and lie about atheists.
You believe that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs. Fine. Just keep your hallucinations out of civilised society and schools and everything is cool.
Keep your cult in your livingrooms and away from impressionable minds.
Thats as much freedom fraudulent cults deserve.
To be fair, the notion of a powerful wizard/beast master riding dinosaurs while spreading the gospel is pretty awesome.

Saint Albans, Australia

#165153 May 11, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
You must have something to have faith is. What is it that Atheism would have to have faith in?
What else do you religious people have faith in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Karma is a_______ 777,875
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Up yours and chee... 119,689
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min June VanDerMark 560,368
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min lovewithin 39,370
2003 Silverado 2500HD REDUCED ENGINE POWER (Dec '09) 31 min HIGh ya 132
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 36 min senthil 5,525
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr yon 4,875
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rick in Kansas 265,417
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr mike 605,310
More from around the web