Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
158,441 - 158,460 of 226,081 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
On the physical level.
Everyone feels like the driver of a car. The body is a material machine, a vehicle to get from here to there. Your consciousness is a combo of the physical processes of the brain coupled with a hidden consciousness within you. This is something you will discover when the physical portion of that consciousness is rendered inoperable. The physical consciousness, the "awake" thinking you do, is an interface of your real self, whatever form that is, and this material world and other real "yous" doing the same thing. It is an improv theatrical production, so to speak. Any changes to the physical assemblage affects that filtering and interacting.
Topix atheists are stuck in the strictly material aspect of existence. They confuse the mechanics of materialism with causation. This is from reading the thoughts and observations of others. Which results in the parroting we see they do so much of on here. No real thinking on their own. They should spend more time getting acquainted with their inner selves.
I often wondered why those very old people on their last leg, near the end their days. Who wander aimlessly around mumbling to themselves in a incoherent rambling .

Had I known earlier they were spending more time getting acquainted with their inner selves, I wouldn't been so convinced they were senile and going crazy.
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first sentence reveals your psychiatric issues.
These forums are for discussions, not socializing. Gay bars are for gays only, right? The country club is only for the elite whites of the community, right?
You won't get a harvest unless the environment allows it. That includes the amount of virtual particles wandering in and out of existence on a random basis.
I responded in kind your comment

You addressed topics atheists, i addressed topics theists

"A thing is not proved just because no one has ever questioned it. What has never been gone into impartially has never been properly gone into. Hence scepticism is the first step toward truth. It must be applied generally, because it is the touchstone."

Watch out for the fellow who talks about putting things in order! Putting things in order always means getting other people under your control.
Denis Diderot, Supplement to Bougainville's 'Voyage,' 1796

“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”
Denis Diderot
French author, encyclopedist, & philosopher (1713 - 1784)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I often wondered why those very old people on their last leg, near the end their days. Who wander aimlessly around mumbling to themselves in a incoherent rambling .
Had I known earlier they were spending more time getting acquainted with their inner selves, I wouldn't been so convinced they were senile and going crazy.
:-)

Wait until your time comes.

Since you were a child you were let out of the chute and raced around the track, chasing that electric rabbit. Make enough laps and you should be able to notice there is a certain artificiality to the scene. You may tire of running in circles and wander off the track to smell some flowers or take a poop.

Keep chasing that rabbit. Just don't take a bite of it if you do catch it, which won't happen because it is designed to stay ahead of you.

Life is a personal experience if you are a truly free thinking intellect. Otherwiae you are just part of a machine.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shut the f*ck up u idiot! U r the idiot that doesn't even understand when and how sharia law was created! Educate yourself, u retard! Muslim women get what they deserve, they give birth to that vermin!
Just the kind of talk I would expect from a classless ho. The women in my life have way more class than to talk like that, even when upset. I guess thats the mark of a real women. Oh, BTW.....Moooooooooooooo!!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to have a terrible time.
Death is something I went through 19 years ago, and I face a real threat of it on an ongoing basis. I have to think to stay alive. My autonomous systems took a hit.
Dying as you know it is not a fun experience. However, if you have done it before, you don't have the desperation to survive you did before. You balance the pain of it with the pain of continuing in this existence.
Your inner consciousness remains intact. The meat conscieusness gets shut off, along with the memories it stores. Which is why the first thing to go is the education and reasoned thought you think you have is the first to evaporate.
You've been too busy blowing your horn to notice the real world. Driving down the highway of life honking at those that get in your way. Eyes straight ahead. Pure projection.
Or something like that.
Being involved in creativity has actually allowed me to see the real world, to observe all those little things that most people miss. Often my inspiration comes from observing the littlest things. I dare say I am more in touch with the real world than you, because of this. Only a creative mind can share in that inner world most people miss, but you wouldn't know about that would you. Maybe if you opened your ears to something other than pukebucket, you'd discover another entire universe. I don't have any hope that will happen for you. Sad!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Just the kind of talk I would expect from a classless ho. The women in my life have way more class than to talk like that, even when upset. I guess thats the mark of a real women. Oh, BTW.....Moooooooooooooo!!!
That's how i talk to the men that have no respect. U have called me stupid, cow, blonde, fat etc... more than once and i didn't say anything. Even 'Macumazahn' told u to stop being mean to me, but u still didn't stop, but I've had enough of u calling me names for no reason. If u can pick on a young girl and call her names, u deserve no respect!

Goodbye!
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>OK, bye!
Such is the beloved atheist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Being involved in creativity has actually allowed me to see the real world, to observe all those little things that most people miss. Often my inspiration comes from observing the littlest things. I dare say I am more in touch with the real world than you, because of this. Only a creative mind can share in that inner world most people miss, but you wouldn't know about that would you. Maybe if you opened your ears to something other than pukebucket, you'd discover another entire universe. I don't have any hope that will happen for you. Sad!!!
I am sure your most creative abilities are dedicated to your ego enlargement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Such is the beloved atheist.
lol, hey KJV!!!!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

You didn't know about that? It's very sad Clem
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>Oh please cut the crap!! I'm tired of going around in circles! U win, be happy!!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Don't fear the reaper.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>:-)

Wait until your time comes.

Since you were a child you were let out of the chute and raced around the track, chasing that electric rabbit. Make enough laps and you should be able to notice there is a certain artificiality to the scene. You may tire of running in circles and wander off the track to smell some flowers or take a poop.

Keep chasing that rabbit. Just don't take a bite of it if you do catch it, which won't happen because it is designed to stay ahead of you.

Life is a personal experience if you are a truly free thinking intellect. Otherwiae you are just part of a machine.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying that Hiding, Happy Lesbo, River Tam, Kittenkoder and Christianity is Evil are not considered women in your life? Because if so, please step back and re-check your surroundings. Now, a real man, not you, would give a woman who regularly contains herself, Clementia, space and tolerance. It always amazes me how people measure out their judgment.
still in Therapy Chunkyboy?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You didn't know about that? It's very sad Clem
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, Mr liberty guy, u were never good to me to start with but then u were very nice to me. Sorry, I flipped at u, as u can see, i've been having a crazy day today! I got out my car and my pills fell down the gutter, u know, it happens sometimes! SORRY!!! u have the right to punish me anyway u want (please have mercy)!!:-(
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
thats not necesarily a bad thing,on the contrary,,

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19497551/The-Femini...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
Endorphins shut out some of the pain and sensations. Kind of works on an intact brain that has blood pumping.
It stops pumping when you are dying. In fact, most things tend to stop their normal processes in such an event.
Dead bodies are notorious for not being animated and a certain lack of interactiveness between the body and the mind.
Your brain portion, your consciousness center, is a little pool of quivering chemicals within the greater mass breaking down randomly.
Little pools of oxygen throughout the body and the brain, chemical processes, and the accompanying neural activity, which all add up to your physical consciousness. All falling apart piecemeal. Uncontrolled thinking. Memory banks being flushed. No escape for a physical consciousness.
Not an organized shutdown. But YOU will be the center of it. And the one affected.
Shut down blood flow, the brain is dead, no matter how you spin it, you have no evidence that life continues on after death.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut down blood flow, the brain is dead, no matter how you spin it, you have no evidence that life continues on after death.
You evidently didn't read the article. Or my comment on it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You evidently didn't read the article. Or my comment on it.
The brain cannot "feel" anything without oxygen.
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Sir, you are a racist bigot atheist, who does not even know that Imhotep was a black Israelite formerly known as Joseph.
means the one who comes in peace
Was one of twelve siblings)
And you are wrong! I'm not atheist at all.

THE AFFIRMATIONS OF HUMANISM: A STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES http://snipurl.com/qs7mz : http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php ...

[1] We are committed to the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.

[2] We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, explain the world in supernatural terms, and look outside nature for salvation.

[3] We believe that scientific discovery and technology can contribute to the betterment of human life.

[4] We believe in an open and pluralistic society and that democracy is the best guarantee of protecting human rights from authoritarian elites and repressive majorities.

[5] We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state.

[6] We [prefer] negotiation and compromise to [resolve] differences and achiev[e] mutual understanding.

[7] We are concerned with securing justice and fairness in society and with eliminating discrimination and intolerance.

[8] We believe in supporting the disadvantaged and the handicapped so that they will be able to help themselves.

[9] We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on [prejudices] and strive to work together for the common good.

[10] We want to protect, preserve and enhance the earth, and avoid inflicting needless suffering on other species.

[11] We believe in enjoying life here and now and in developing our creative talents to their fullest.

[12] We believe in the cultivation of moral excellence.

[13] Mature adults should be allowed to fulfill their aspirations, to express their sexual preferences, to exercise reproductive freedom, to have access to comprehensive and informed health-care, and to die with dignity.

[14] We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to critical, rational guidance. Together we discover normative standards tested by their consequences.

[15] We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to nourish reason and compassion.

[16] We are engaged by the arts no less than by the sciences.

[17] We are citizens of the universe and are excited by discoveries still to be made in the cosmos.

[18] We are skeptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to novel ideas.

[19] We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others.

[20] We believe in optimism, hope, learning, truth, joy, tolerance, love, compassion, beauty, and reason rather than pessimism, despair, dogma, ignorance, guilt or sin, fear, hatred, selfishness, ugliness, and blind, irrational faith.

[21] We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that we are capable of as human beings.

This is your ugly credo...

" Happy are the ones who takes and dashes
Your little ones against the rock! "
-- Psalm 137.9.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The judgemental creationist piece of sh*t with no proof of god returns.
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Sir, you are a racist bigot atheist, who does not even know that Imhotep was a black Israelite formerly known as Joseph.
Joseph

Name means the one who comes in peace
Was one of twelve siblings)
You're correct I don't know anything about Imhotep except...

The Upper Egyptian Famine Stela, dating from the Ptolemaic period, bears an inscription containing a legend about a famine of seven years during the reign of Djoser. Imhotep is credited with having been instrumental in ending it. One of his priests explained the connection between the god Khnum and the rise of the Nile to the king, who then had a dream in which the Nile god spoke to him, promising to end the drought.

These dreams are another factor which has led some scholars to associate Imhotep with the Biblical figure of Joseph.

A papyrus from the ancient Egyptian temple of Tebtunis, dating to the 2nd century AD, preserves a long story in the demotic script about Imhotep. King Djoser plays a prominent role in the story, which also mentions Imhotep's family; his father the god Ptah, his mother Khereduankh, and his little-sister Renpetneferet. At one point Djoser desires the young Renpetnefereret, and Imhotep disguises himself and tries to rescue her. The text also refers to the royal tomb of Djoser by which the Step Pyramid must be meant. An anachronistic detail is a battle between the Egyptian and Assyrian armies where Imhotep fights an Assyrian sorceress in a duel of magic.

In Ancient Egypt, Imhotep was considered to be an example of "personality cult" of Kemet, the notion that a person can be deified after his death and become some sort of a special intercessor for the living. Nonetheless, the conditions of Imhotep’s death are unknown. The mystery behind his death is amplified as his disappearance coincided with the disappearance of all his medical texts and architectural manuscripts. His tomb has never been found.

In addition, despite his major impact on Ancient Egyptian architecture and field of medicine, even ancient historians failed to write about him, which adds to his mystery. What makes this mystery somewhat ironic is that the name "Imhotep" in Ancient Egyptian language translates to “He who came in peace,” underlining the way he came into the world, made his impact, and left it in peace taking all his genius work with him. However, Imhotep became even more famous with his death and was worshipped for 2,000 years afterwards. Because of the mystery behind his death, he was considered as a demi-god. In Greek mythology, Asclepius was the god of medicine, therefore, Imhotep was often associated with him. Some even believed that he was Asclepius himself. Only statues made of him remained which referred to his genius mind and served to illustrate his existence on earth. After his death, he was known to be responsible for the use of columns and monumental stone in Egyptian architecture and considered to have fully advanced ancient Egyptian medicine.

Nevertheless, he slowly turned into a legend and then a myth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can U Sell Someone Else 2 The Devil? 2 min PDX Dave 3
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Aquarius-WY 538,435
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Pegasus 257,613
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 6 min Dubai Massage 05... 97
Dear Mr. Fantasy 10 min pusherman_ 1
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 11 min bmz 36,729
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min Remnant of 144000 38,614
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min WSH 732,270
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min Holy dr Shrink 599,709
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Clearwater 173,230

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••