Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164856 May 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
says the coward who shoots his creationist mouth off about a god he can't even prove.
You're a broken record.

Location hidden

#164857 May 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
another delusional theist lashing out at atheists because he can't prove his own god.
You're a broken record.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#164858 May 2, 2013
Elaborate on which of my facts were incorrect and provide the correct facts.

Until then my point stands.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I already did elaborate, and you kept dodging.

Unless you defend your opinion with fact, your point is moot.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#164859 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a broken record.
HE is a broken record?

How many times have you challenged posters to prove they have hands?

Lexington, KY

#164860 May 2, 2013
Wow you are wayyyy off here. Firstly people are not blowing themselves and others up because of say Julius Caesar existed and ruled or not.

Take a history class and you can see the wealth of historical proof on him. Which Alexander? There are dozens of Alexanders in history. Yes we have historical proof of coins existing ditto with statues.

Glad you mentioned Socrates! It is true that the bulk of proof about his existence comes from his students. But the great thing it doesn't matter! That's right it really doesn't matter because we have the Socratic method which has been throughout history an amazing method of debate and critical thinking a verifiable foundation used to this day. Even if his students did make him up, even if all of the secular sources mentioning him lied it wouldn't matter.

No I accept evolution because of the overwhelming amount of evidence for it that only grows by the day. We see and use it's principles daily in crafting new medication and improving older ones. If you had a proper education you would be amazed what you learn.

I said we have no historical proof for Jesus although if the bible account is even remotely true we should.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>What evidence is there for Alexander? Julius Caesar? Coins, statues? But I'll bet you believe they were real people.

What about Socrates? We have no primary evidence for his existence, either. Do you believe Socrates was a real person?

We also only have secondary evidence for Plato, Xenophon and Aristophanes.

Evidence for historical figures is extremely hard to come by.

You believe evolution is real because the scientific community mostly agrees on it.

But you don't believe Jesus was real even though the scholarly community overwhelmingly agrees with his existence.

Imagine that.

Location hidden

#164861 May 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
HE is a broken record?
How many times have you challenged posters to prove they have hands?
How many times have posters challenged me to prove God?

Location hidden

#164862 May 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:

Glad you mentioned Socrates! It is true that the bulk of proof about his existence comes from his students. But the great thing it doesn't matter!
YAY!

Then why does it matter about Jesus?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#164863 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a broken record.
You're a malfunctioning human being, but it doesn't stop you from endeavoring to persevere.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#164864 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the title of another thread.

And I'm not saying you are the ONLY broken record; we have several here, and you're one of them.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#164865 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No one had to challenge you, you just appeared and said you were the champion of of your belief. But these things mean nothing to me,
The real test of men is not in their beliefs, but how they function in our world. In short you can defend Mickey Mouse , and if you are a honorable sort of man, despite my belief I will honor yours too.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164866 May 2, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...yeah...its just terrible when people "blindly accept a whole host of beliefs"
Self awareness isn't really your strong suit, is it?
Yes, i have self awareness, difference is "for me" GOD "confirmed" my beliefs that i so blindly accepted to be true..

I no longer have that doubt thats embeded deep in my soul that God isnt real, unlike the Atheist..

As for the Atheist, they are not 100% sure that, that "God" you all mock and make fun of, even exist..

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164867 May 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
another delusional theist lashing out at atheists because he can't prove his own god.
You can remain an Atheist if you wish, believe or not believe.

See wasnt that hard now was it?

Location hidden

#164868 May 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a malfunctioning human being, but it doesn't stop you from endeavoring to persevere.
Three big words in one sentence?

Ah, screw you man.

Lexington, KY

#164869 May 2, 2013
You deleted the obvious answer at the beginning of my post. Truth hurts I see.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>YAY!

Then why does it matter about Jesus?

Location hidden

#164870 May 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No one had to challenge you, you just appeared and said you were the champion of of your belief. But these things mean nothing to me,
The real test of men is not in their beliefs, but how they function in our world. In short you can defend Mickey Mouse , and if you are a honorable sort of man, despite my belief I will honor yours too.
OK, as long as you stop it with all them big dang words.

Lexington, KY

#164871 May 2, 2013
And people of reason will continue to do so just as you are free to believe in your imaginary Jewish wizard. Just keep him out of schools and government.
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>You can remain an Atheist if you wish, believe or not believe.

Location hidden

#164872 May 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You deleted the obvious answer at the beginning of my post. Truth hurts I see.
<quoted text>
No, I just got down to the nitty gritty. You believe Socrates existed even though we have no evidence of the man.

But you say you answered? Where:

Wow you are wayyyy off here. Firstly people are not blowing themselves and others up because of say Julius Caesar existed and ruled or not.

Take a history class and you can see the wealth of historical proof on him. Which Alexander? There are dozens of Alexanders in history. Yes we have historical proof of coins existing ditto with statues.

=====

I don't see an answer.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164873 May 2, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can remain an Atheist if you wish, believe or not believe.
No, that was easy.

Now, why can I not get a beer before noon on Sunday?
Thinking

Covent Garden, UK

#164874 May 2, 2013
Because you emptied your fridge the night before?
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, that was easy.
Now, why can I not get a beer before noon on Sunday?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#164875 May 2, 2013
Lexis123 wrote:
Atheist also requires faith to what they believe in. Whatever their beliefs are.
Thanks for stepping to the front of the class and demonstrating to all your complete ignorance as to what constitutes being an Atheist. You may now take your seat!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min curiouslu 739,175
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Porkpie Hat 259,386
Sept 17, 2014 Watch this trailer: evolutionvsGod 13 min Me again 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min EdmondWA 95,474
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min NEWS-FLASH 173,669
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Robert F 542,308
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 59 min Johnny 343
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr waaasssuuup 601,063
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••