Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#164798 May 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It leaves me with the natural world: The mountains, rivers, oceans, forests filled with trees and flowers, animals, my fellow human beings, literature, airplanes and ships for travel, laughter, so many things, all part of our natural world.
I have no need to make up skydaddys, waste my time on voodoo, the occult, superstition, specters and spooks, or disembodied spirits.
BOO!
but what evidence do you have to support your Epistemology?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#164799 May 1, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#164800 May 1, 2013
Observable verifiable reality not the delusions of the mentally ill.
<quoted text>Whose reality?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#164801 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you believe Laws of Logic exist?
I do, but remember, rules of logic are statements about conceptual patterns of thought. The mind should not be compared to the universe, if this is where I think you're going with this.

Lexington, KY

#164803 May 1, 2013
He's once again trying to bleat the ontological argument.

Click here for chuckles.

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php...
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I do, but remember, rules of logic are statements about conceptual patterns of thought. The mind should not be compared to the universe, if this is where I think you're going with this.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164804 May 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not evolution, that's aging.
<quoted text>
A genetic change of the population. Meaning, tiny differences that add up, like hair color, skin color, etc. The genetic traits are more successful are passed to the next generation, the failed one do not. What you are looking for, the corcoduck, would destroy the theory of evolution and pretty much every theory in biology.
Dont know who give ya that ''clueless'' light bulb, but you needed 3 of em....

Hard not to say this, but its you who is stupid by trying to tell me i didnt know what Evolution was...lol

If i was you i would be ashamed to show my presence here among your peers of science...

Think ya chocked on a hair ball there,, kk..

Lexington, KY

#164805 May 1, 2013
Psalms 23 while at first sounds sweet it's actually pretty dark and twisted!

The poem talks about god treating him like a sheep that he must unquestioning follow this god and if he does all will be great. It teaches people to abandon reason and their inquiring mind and instead like a sheep just blindly bleat along.

And we all know how awesome the so called writer David's story ended! Lol!
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>Dont know who give ya that ''clueless'' light bulb, but you needed 3 of em....

Hard not to say this, but its you who is stupid by trying to tell me i didnt know what Evolution was...lol

If i was you i would be ashamed to show my presence here among your peers of science...

Carl

Tempe, AZ

#164806 May 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The poem talks about god treating him like a sheep that he must unquestioning follow this god and if he does all will be great. It teaches people to abandon reason and their inquiring mind and instead like a sheep just blindly bleat along.
<quoted text>
Why don't you let KK answer her own post Buffoon! Is it because she sounds stupid?
Carl

Tempe, AZ

#164807 May 1, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
KK is a brain washed crock of Ssh$t.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#164808 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You need to prove the god you claim is possible / are lying about before using long words you don't understand.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164809 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. But I can't provide sufficient evidence showing that Q is a fictional character from a fictional television show. Do you have a point?
Then Q and your Jesus are in the exact same category.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#164810 May 2, 2013
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>
KK is a brain washed crock of Ssh$t.
Thank you for conceding to my nearly flawless logic. The "insult" is the first tool used by the defeated.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#164811 May 2, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you were wrong and unable to even come up with a good lie to counter it. Thank you for your concession.

Lexington, KY

#164812 May 2, 2013
Well to be honest Q is more interesting, intelligent and by for more kind than Jesus ever was.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Then Q and your Jesus are in the exact same category.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#164813 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Whose reality?
Reality is what exists even if you don't believe in it. The question 'whose reality' betrays a lack of understanding of what 'reality' means.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#164814 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
So your beliefs do not include ghosts, witches, gods, fairies, angels, hexes, astrology, step-on-crack-break-mother's-b ack, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, magic, you name it. If it's supernatural, You don't believe in it.
That leaves you with what then?
Chemistry, physics, geology, mathematics, biology, astronomy, tables, chairs, computers, cars, televisions, friends, family, my job, theater, plays, music, mountains, oceans, stars, galaxies, planets, nebulae, literature,...

You get the idea....reality.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#164815 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it a fact? That Jesus is fictional?
Huh....
Evidence, please.
I'll show the evidence, just as soon as you show the evidence that daffy duck, superman, and tinkerbell's pixie dust are all fictional. ready...set....GO!!!!

Location hidden

#164816 May 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for conceding to my nearly flawless logic. The "insult" is the first tool used by the defeated.
LOL,, awwww

Just like the ''insult'' you gave me??

Location hidden

#164817 May 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>

Skeptics as your self indeed feel and think they have no need of anything or anyone to help them along, but in all reality as the Bibls says, " we all have like sheep gone astray "... Thats a profound statement indeed..

See ''each'' of us is living out a story of our own, and the ending of it is gonna be revealed to us, well for some we have done been shown our ending but they are those who choose not to believe it... Now since you (are not 100%) sure God doesnt exist, it would be safe to say that you would have needed a shepherd to lead you in this life as well.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164818 May 2, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Skeptics as your self indeed feel and think they have no need of anything or anyone to help them along, but in all reality as the Bibls says, " we all have like sheep gone astray "... Thats a profound statement indeed..
See ''each'' of us is living out a story of our own, and the ending of it is gonna be revealed to us, well for some we have done been shown our ending but they are those who choose not to believe it... Now since you (are not 100%) sure God doesnt exist, it would be safe to say that you would have needed a shepherd to lead you in this life as well.
Trying to convince everyone that we all need crutches?

Please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 3 min Bezjaj 37,360
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min hojo 551,005
Why do white men marry Chinese women? (Jul '08) 12 min Terrence 783
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Stilgar Fifrawi 753,795
why are most gay white and latino men bias agai... (Aug '13) 50 min David 15
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 58 min Epiphany2 602,858
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 96,465
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 262,098
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 7 hr Little Voice 174

Top Stories People Search