Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,915)

Showing posts 158,281 - 158,300 of223,217
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

I own Q squared, and just about all of his books. Peter David is an awesome writer.

The dune buggy scene was lame. Why use a dune buggy which is open to danger when you have a perfectly good shuttle with phasers to use? Because they thought it would look cool?

Okay that's fine but at least have there be a reason to use the damn thing!

I never understood why in the movies Captain Picard becomes this violent blood thirsty guy when in the show he is so intelligent and reasoning.

Look at power play, there are a dozen times he and others could have resorted to violence to end the stand off quickly. Instead they used reason and patience and saves everyone without loss of life.

First contact? He kills a crew member while transforming into a Borg even though he states before that you can go back as he himself did. The show Picard would never do such a thing.

Fck you Rick Berman!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>My favorite part was when Q gave Data the gift of laughter. But when Geordi chimed in, I was like "WTF Geordi! Let him laugh!"

I thought the dune buggy was cool. You know that scene was filmed not far from me? It's strange that most aliens worlds have a strong resemblance to Southern California....

There's a great Q book from Peter David called "Q Squared", you should check it out.

There's also a book trilogy centered around Q.

Q-Space, Q-Zone, Q-Strike. They're on amazon and only a few bucks each, actually I recently bought them for .01 cents.....

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

I guess they will need to record it the next time god calls.

How do you come to grips that god before came down to make commandments about blended fibers and shrimp... But not thousands of different variations of his so called religion and all the death and destruction because of those in fighting?

Sorry it doesn't make much sense.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That's an interesting story, it really is.

But it's just your opinion. God speaks toe and billions of other people.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Reality
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>So your beliefs do not include ghosts, witches, gods, fairies, angels, hexes, astrology, step-on-crack-break-mother's-b ack, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, magic, you name it. If it's supernatural, You don't believe in it.

That leaves you with what then?
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Reality
<quoted text>
Whose reality?
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"Evidence" is ONLY needed when making a positive claim. I have a stance, a position, I make NO claim, I don't need evidence unless I CLAIM something to be true. And I certainly am NOT trying to hide form the God argument. There really is NO argument, either something exists or it doesn't. Things that exist are accompanied by evidence, no such evidence exists for God.
Do you believe Laws of Logic exist?
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It leaves me with the natural world: The mountains, rivers, oceans, forests filled with trees and flowers, animals, my fellow human beings, literature, airplanes and ships for travel, laughter, so many things, all part of our natural world.
I have no need to make up skydaddys, waste my time on voodoo, the occult, superstition, specters and spooks, or disembodied spirits.
BOO!
but what evidence do you have to support your Epistemology?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

<quoted text>
Plenty.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Observable verifiable reality not the delusions of the mentally ill.
<quoted text>Whose reality?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

<quoted text>
Do you believe Laws of Logic exist?
I do, but remember, rules of logic are statements about conceptual patterns of thought. The mind should not be compared to the universe, if this is where I think you're going with this.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

He's once again trying to bleat the ontological argument.

Click here for chuckles.

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php...
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I do, but remember, rules of logic are statements about conceptual patterns of thought. The mind should not be compared to the universe, if this is where I think you're going with this.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not evolution, that's aging.
<quoted text>
A genetic change of the population. Meaning, tiny differences that add up, like hair color, skin color, etc. The genetic traits are more successful are passed to the next generation, the failed one do not. What you are looking for, the corcoduck, would destroy the theory of evolution and pretty much every theory in biology.
Dont know who give ya that ''clueless'' light bulb, but you needed 3 of em....

Hard not to say this, but its you who is stupid by trying to tell me i didnt know what Evolution was...lol

If i was you i would be ashamed to show my presence here among your peers of science...

Think ya chocked on a hair ball there,, kk..

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Psalms 23 while at first sounds sweet it's actually pretty dark and twisted!

The poem talks about god treating him like a sheep that he must unquestioning follow this god and if he does all will be great. It teaches people to abandon reason and their inquiring mind and instead like a sheep just blindly bleat along.

And we all know how awesome the so called writer David's story ended! Lol!
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>Dont know who give ya that ''clueless'' light bulb, but you needed 3 of em....

Hard not to say this, but its you who is stupid by trying to tell me i didnt know what Evolution was...lol

If i was you i would be ashamed to show my presence here among your peers of science...

Carl

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Psalms 23 while at first sounds sweet it's actually pretty dark and twisted!
The poem talks about god treating him like a sheep that he must unquestioning follow this god and if he does all will be great. It teaches people to abandon reason and their inquiring mind and instead like a sheep just blindly bleat along.
And we all know how awesome the so called writer David's story ended! Lol!
<quoted text>
Why don't you let KK answer her own post Buffoon! Is it because she sounds stupid?
Carl

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
KK is a brain washed crock of Ssh$t.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

<quoted text>
You need to prove the god you claim is possible / are lying about before using long words you don't understand.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. But I can't provide sufficient evidence showing that Q is a fictional character from a fictional television show. Do you have a point?
Then Q and your Jesus are in the exact same category.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Carl wrote:
<quoted text>
KK is a brain washed crock of Ssh$t.
Thank you for conceding to my nearly flawless logic. The "insult" is the first tool used by the defeated.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you were wrong and unable to even come up with a good lie to counter it. Thank you for your concession.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Well to be honest Q is more interesting, intelligent and by for more kind than Jesus ever was.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Then Q and your Jesus are in the exact same category.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

<quoted text>
Whose reality?
Reality is what exists even if you don't believe in it. The question 'whose reality' betrays a lack of understanding of what 'reality' means.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 158,281 - 158,300 of223,217
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

378 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 3 min MUQ1 36,414
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Lab28 716,760
Choi game mien phi (Sep '12) 10 min hoang dat 136 21
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min danetoo 114,651
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess Jurist 530,167
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Aura Mytha 598,774
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 2 hr andet1987 168
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 255,732
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••