Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#164604 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>I promise you this is true, you have failed to apply any alleged thing about logic you may have read in a book. The error in your statement is first in your devious attempts to apply a persona to science. Science does not make conclusions, so you are either dumb or lying, humans make conclusions based on personal biases. Like you, no matter how many science degrees you obtain, your objective will be to prove there is no God. You therefore enter and leave as a bias human who misinterprets what he sees and calls it science. I suggest that you look up the two words, science and scientist, and first learn that they are not the same.
As pointed out, science can not prove a thing, it can only disprove a drawn conclusion. It is obvious that many scientists are like you, and if you found evidence of a god particle then you would apply your own bias to lead your self away from it.
Scientists always encounter many crossroads, like a maze. Most scientists are bias and they try to map and manipulate the outcome. Imagine the gay scientists who discovers that homosexuality is a mental disorder. Is he inclined to document this finding? You say what? Well, if you doubt this, the APA for over 40 years has been discarded all science evidence and studies that do not fit the gay political correctness. As I said before this came straight from the mouth of Dr. Nicholas Cummings, the former APA president.
If a racist white scientists discovered that white people were mutant chimeras, an inherently a flaw in the gene pool, do you think that he would publish this finding? Of course not. He would manipulate it so to serve his bias. Case in point, Hitler used science to try to promote his racial bigotry idea of a supreme master race.
What you fail to understand is that there are typically many scientists working in any given area. A bias on the part of one will be offset by a competing bias on the part of another. A rush to conclusions by one will be pointed out and chided by another studying the same or a related area. By this interaction, by resolving disagreements by *testing*, and looking at *all* sides of an issue, science progresses.

So, if a white racist scientists does not publish the result, a scientist of another racial background will. The problem, of course, is the politicians and businesses that pay for the scientists to give desired results rather than the truth. Instead of objectively considering the ideas and evidence, they require tobacco to be healthy, global warming to be a myth, and evolution to be false. Otherwise the funds are cut off.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#164605 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, these kind people are not here to debate their position, they have this idea that they can attack one God.
I have offered them Kraken, Coyote and Dionysus, they do not seem interested. I guess, in reality they know that the God of the Bible exists and they think that Kraken, Coyote and Dionysus do not exist.
None of them exist.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#164606 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Kindly show us your proof that the earth is approximately 4.54 billion years old. Show us your evidence, your observations, your conducted studies and your basis for measuring time. Please do not use light years, because then you will prove to me that you are unlearned and simply a rote repetition poster. It has been proven that if black holes exist then time and space within them or passing through them would not exist. So, how do you measure how old something is? The rate of time acceleration varies throughout space, which is a major flaw in the Hubble "theory".
This only shows you know nothing about the 'Hubble Theory'. Or, for that matter, the nature of black holes.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164607 Apr 29, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
This only shows you know nothing about the 'Hubble Theory'. Or, for that matter, the nature of black holes.
No point bringing up the Hubble Constant.
Or the Planck Constant, I suppose.

Sheesh.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164609 Apr 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course your ignorant atheist mind tells you that "made in His image" means only physical apperance.
Typical.
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
youre PROJECTING,youre the one whos Ignorant
and a LIAR
you must be kristain
What did I lie about?

You DO think that "in His image" means physical appearance.

That DOES mean you're ignorant of the subject.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164610 Apr 29, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Who else laughs out loud when these epic failures have to run, hide and desperately change the subject?
Your god was said to walk and even sit and eat with his followers hence he is an entity not an emotion so your desperation fails as usual.
<quoted text>
"hence he is an entity"

What kind of entity is God?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164611 Apr 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude.
Why be such an embarrassment to the California Republic?
We don't do hocus pocus here.
You should move to Texas, or Kentucky.
I'm working on it.

Back to Texas for this cowboy.

California has changed to cater to illegals, smog, taxes and far-left liberalism.

You can have it.

I want a shotgun in my truck again.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164612 Apr 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with you?
You make RR look almost civilized.
I'm not civilized, I find that offensive.

And I'm unoffendable

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#164613 Apr 29, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohh, well i am not that educated in the science department myself,, so i was wondering what was the purpose for the ''Geologic time Scale''.. Does that or is that part of a method science uses to claim man evolved from one ancestor or something like that??
Sorry that is out of my area of expertise also.

I understand that man has been traced back to one common ancestor, but it is a bit complicated for me. I did though see an interesting article yesterday (perhaps someone here linked it - can't recall) which showed how primates have 24 pairs of chromosomes while man has only 23 pairs. It was theorized that one pair must have fused so that there were only 23 left when the evolution went to man, so they looked for chromosomes that could possibly be a fused chrome and they found that pair # 2 in man is a combination of two, which is determined by it having certain marks which are seen at each end of a chromosome and in the centre of each chromosome, and they found #2 had the end marks in the middle with two of the centre chromosomes, one between one end and the centre and one at the other half, which verified that it had been two chromosomes that had linked.

I find that amazing and still don't understand how man can now identify people not by chromosomes but by their DNA. Computers can even find one person in a whole catalog of people's known DNA maps. I need to study on how that is done.

Location hidden

#164614 Apr 29, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaac Asimov wrote, "Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." Many of the regular posters on this forum have seen the truth of this firsthand and were, in fact, firm believers until, out of devotion, the made the mistake of reading the Bible in its entirety. I had to read it three times before I finally accepted that any religion based on this book was essentially insane, such was the pressure from family, friends, and mentors to believe as they did.
For some time, I figured that, while the Bible was false, God was real. I meditated with my Quaker friends and eventually found a spiritual home in the Baha'i Faith, which is based on books of astounding beauty and a wonderfully consistent ethos. But after a while, I saw gaping holes in that as well. I sought, sought long and hard with more vigor than most believers could muster, to no avail.
Now I am content to live as a useful member of the most intelligent species on earth, but still as a member of the animal kingdom. I need nothing more.
But I understand why others do, which is why I am a quiet atheist. As I am content where I am, so are others in very different places. Let them stay there as long as they do no harm.
As long as they do no harm.
I think you have correctly described the path that many of us have taken, though perhaps not all the exact same steps as you did.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#164615 Apr 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm working on it.
Back to Texas for this cowboy.
California has changed to cater to illegals, smog, taxes and far-left liberalism.
You can have it.
I want a shotgun in my truck again.
You'll end up with dirt in your eyes and tumbleweed up your ass.

And hey, nano lives in Texas, you'll be closer to your new girlfriend.

Just holler and I'll come over and help you pack.

Location hidden

#164616 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Where is your proof that Jurassic is a period in the Mesozoic era? I love how your clan wants proof but offers none. Yes, Jurassic Park was a movies, fiction, made up.
It has been proven over and over that God exists, the documented evidence in all the books, all of the internet and there is empirical proof. Now, where is your evidence of a period of time existing called Jurassic park?
Perhaps, you can explain in your own words, the exact sequence of so-called speciation evolution of gaseous explosions evolving into species and the order of species that led to man. If not, you are just flailing around waiting for Kraken.
You just stated "It has been proven over and over that God exists, the documented evidence in all the books, all of the internet and there is empirical proof."

I have not seen any of that proof, and I have been debating this topic with believers nearly 3 years on this site, and longer elsewhere. It that proof has been shown then what is it?

As for someone on this site, being able to give a detailed description of the evolutionary process as you asked, what are the odds that someone with that advanced knowledge would be spending time on a discussion site. It is quite likely that any one person would only know a small part of that, as the whole picture is a combination of a lot of individually known facts.

I know that science is still stating that there are gaps in the evidence, some of which is to do simply with the fact that examples of certain stages have not yet been discovered. In most cases all evidence of any animals living millions of years ago would have totally disappeared, so actually finding real specimens is a rarity, not the norm.

I have read in recent past articles of new findings which added another missing link to that process, but I have not kept record of where I saw that information or what it was. When one spends so much time with a lot of info as is on the internet, it is not possible to recall exactly which piece of information you found and where.

I probably see hundreds of pieces of info I didn't know before daily.

Location hidden

#164617 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>I promise you this is true, you have failed to apply any alleged thing about logic you may have read in a book. The error in your statement is first in your devious attempts to apply a persona to science. Science does not make conclusions, so you are either dumb or lying, humans make conclusions based on personal biases. Like you, no matter how many science degrees you obtain, your objective will be to prove there is no God. You therefore enter and leave as a bias human who misinterprets what he sees and calls it science. I suggest that you look up the two words, science and scientist, and first learn that they are not the same.
As pointed out, science can not prove a thing, it can only disprove a drawn conclusion. It is obvious that many scientists are like you, and if you found evidence of a god particle then you would apply your own bias to lead your self away from it.
Scientists always encounter many crossroads, like a maze. Most scientists are bias and they try to map and manipulate the outcome. Imagine the gay scientists who discovers that homosexuality is a mental disorder. Is he inclined to document this finding? You say what? Well, if you doubt this, the APA for over 40 years has been discarded all science evidence and studies that do not fit the gay political correctness. As I said before this came straight from the mouth of Dr. Nicholas Cummings, the former APA president.
If a racist white scientists discovered that white people were mutant chimeras, an inherently a flaw in the gene pool, do you think that he would publish this finding? Of course not. He would manipulate it so to serve his bias. Case in point, Hitler used science to try to promote his racial bigotry idea of a supreme master race.
So you, being, I assume, a human, as the rest of us are, uses another form of reasoning rather than human reasoning to how you perceive things.

I humbly suggest you have no abilities that others here on this site do not have. Since there are men in the world who have been shown to have high intelligences way above the average yet they can still only reason things with their brains, then I think we would have to assume that anyone who can go above that would have to have superhuman powers.

I am leading to admitting that God does this, because you and I are still human and we still have to process that information with our human abilities.

Are you claiming to be super-human or to have super-human abilities, that no other human, or at least scientists, do not have?

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#164618 Apr 29, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry that is out of my area of expertise also.
I understand that man has been traced back to one common ancestor, but it is a bit complicated for me. I did though see an interesting article yesterday (perhaps someone here linked it - can't recall) which showed how primates have 24 pairs of chromosomes while man has only 23 pairs. It was theorized that one pair must have fused so that there were only 23 left when the evolution went to man, so they looked for chromosomes that could possibly be a fused chrome and they found that pair # 2 in man is a combination of two, which is determined by it having certain marks which are seen at each end of a chromosome and in the centre of each chromosome, and they found #2 had the end marks in the middle with two of the centre chromosomes, one between one end and the centre and one at the other half, which verified that it had been two chromosomes that had linked.
I find that amazing and still don't understand how man can now identify people not by chromosomes but by their DNA. Computers can even find one person in a whole catalog of people's known DNA maps. I need to study on how that is done.
http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/licweb/dna...

The Borderland of Sol

#164619 Apr 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"hence he is an entity"
What kind of entity is God?
Imaginary.
Thinking

London, UK

#164620 Apr 29, 2013
As in the square root of minus f**k all?
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Imaginary.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164621 Apr 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll end up with dirt in your eyes and tumbleweed up your ass.
And hey, nano lives in Texas, you'll be closer to your new girlfriend.
Just holler and I'll come over and help you pack.
Naw. RR hires a moving company for that.

One that doesn't use illegals.

The Borderland of Sol

#164622 Apr 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Mathematically indispensible, if you refer to *root*-1 (iota).

You can at least count without saying "twenty-ten", though, right?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164623 Apr 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
funk?
Thinking

London, UK

#164624 Apr 29, 2013
Indispensable it is indeed...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_unit
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Mathematically indispensible, if you refer to *root*-1 (iota).
You can at least count without saying "twenty-ten", though, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 809,819
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 268,896
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min June VanDerMark 574,097
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 12 min abi 48
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min trifecta1 608,209
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 16 min ptaz3 13
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min Freebird USA 176,092
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 5 hr coco 204
More from around the web