Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
157,941 - 157,960 of 224,041 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

They also have ancient aliens and Bigfoot as history.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know where you're going with this.

Are you upset that the bible is everywhere?

Are you upset that the History Channel and Discovery Channel are displaying the Bible as history?(which it is)

What?
christianity is EVIL

Pubnico, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Who established that? This is the problem, someone makes up a definition and do so without proof, and then many just grab hold of it. No, faith is what you choose to believe in or not believe in.
Do you believe and trust in the people or somethings that presented to you evolution, speciation, black holes, time and space measurements and many things that people present and most place blind trust in???
u.
no one is asking you to worship evolution,or black holes,lol

if you wish to remain Ignorant of something thats been confirmed real by millions of scientists go for it,just dont be surprised if the rest of the world laughs at you religitards..

www.evilbible.com

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Without observable proof there is a god we people of reason have no logical rational to believe.

Your holy book tells the story of his crimes against humanity. Most likely what really happened is barbarians wanted to kill, rape and pillage and later claim some Jewish sky wizard told them to do it.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>If you reject that there is a God, then God ordered no killing, it was just man deciding to kill. Now, if you accept as you claim that God ordered a killing, then you accept that He is Go and not a man. So, that his killing is even less so than you killing time or killing an ant. I am certain that the ant screams at you "murderer". Also, consider that you to God are another life form, like plants. So, each time you step on grass, the grass would scream " murderer, murderer".

On the other hand if you accept that animals and plants are here for our purpose, then you must accept that the giver of that purpose, God, put us here for his purpose.

The thing that you must know is this, God gives life and appoints the time. If you live to be 120, then so be it. If God decides that you are a waste of air and space, then your life may be cut-off at age 20. So, stop killing time, it may scream at you "murderer, murderer".

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Then go find a god for us. Until you have observable proof your god goes on the shelf with Thor and the Kraken.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Then go find you a leprechaun or unicorn, or perhaps you can find at least one of those millions of alleged black holes in our singular universe. Don't you think if you found a black hole you might find those leprechauns and unicorns?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Unicorns are in the bible.
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>Really? So how many manuscripts or historical documents have been found on your leprechauns and unicorns?
christianity is EVIL

Pubnico, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, like I said, if you decide that there is a God who made the order, then he is not human or subject to human emotions and laws. To God, you are as the ant is to man.
s.
didnt god CREATE man in HIS Image??

or do you make up different version of god as you go along?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
no one is asking you to worship evolution,or black holes,lol
Is someone asking you to worship God?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Christianity says a non Christian man can kill his wife and children also non Christian, get caught go to jail say rub a dub dub Jesus convert and he go to heaven while his victims are in hell or purgatory! This is true and you know it.

Such a sick twisted evil religion!

And Jesus specifically said he was not there to change even one word of the ancient Jewish prophets let alone abolish their laws.
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope not in the least,, that is ''your'' problem! I have salvation through the Grace of God by his Son Jesus Christ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
I said it was about correcting the bible? You hit your head while digging ditches?
I said no such thing.
You don't say much of anything....
So correct yourself and stop cherry picking verses and howling that other verses are taken out of context.
You cherry pick and misinterpret, I correct you. That's our roles.
In a biblical knowledge debate I would go circles around you.
I'm still waiting for it to get started, I wanna take your welfare check.
Now rest up and put some ice on your wounds Monday will be here soon and there will be grunt work for you to do.

More ASSumptions? That's all you do, GLM.

Just once, I'd like to see a worthwhile post from you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
didnt god CREATE man in HIS Image??
or do you make up different version of god as you go along?
Yes, he did.

And as as ignorant atheist, you assume that "made in His image" means "cloned in His physical appearance"...

You people are friggin retarded.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Christianity says a non Christian man can kill his wife and children also non Christian, get caught go to jail say rub a dub dub Jesus convert and he go to heaven while his victims are in hell or purgatory! This is true and you know it.
That is most certainly not true. That's the ignorant atheist belief.

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is someone asking you to worship God?
Are you kidding?

Evangelistic dudes yell on street corners, telling us to repent or burn forever.

Churches compete for new members.

BTW, The Holy Church of Catcher is having a meet and greet tonight.

Come one, come all!

All drinks will be doubles.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he said that he was not here to destroy the laws, he was here to fulfill the prophecy. Explain how a law can be fulfilled.
Christ "fulfilled" the demands of the Mosaic law, which called for perfect obedience in the Mosiac law. His sacrifice done away with ''us'' having to keep the Mosiac law. The OT was a school master

The Greek for 'fulfil' is pleroo. It occurs on many New Testament occasions, including Matthew 5:17. The range of meanings for this word are,'to fill up,''to fill to the brim,''to level up'(that is, in the sense of levelling up a hollow). Figuratively, the meaning would be 'to satisfy,''to execute,''to finish,' or 'to complete.'

In the New Testament,'pleroo' usually has the sense of accomplishing and satisfying, as in the case of prophecies. We may also read of a net being full (Matthew 13:48), and of joy being full (John 15:11; 16:24; 1 John 1:4; 2 John 1:12). In each case in those Scriptures,'pleroo' is used. These examples help us to see that 'pleroo' does not need to be forced in meaning. In Matthew 1:22-23, the miracle of Mary’s virgin pregnancy and the resulting birth has fulfilled (Gk:'pleroo') the prophecy of Isaiah 7:14; thereby that prophecy was satisfied, completed, accomplished.

Jesus was stating that the Hebrew Bible should not be set aside, it still held authority. He did not come to destroy the Old Testament (the Law and Prophets), but He certainly did come to fulfil or satisfy, that revelation since He brought a superior revelation, that of the New Covenant.
The other two major points are; not one dot shall be taken from the law, until heaven and Earth pass away.
Earth has not passed away! Trust me on this! I live there.
Jesus goes on to say, "until all is fulfilled". Has all the prophecies been fulfilled? Has the prophecy on the second coming been fulfilled?
No. So there are three major clues for you that god's laws, according to the bible, are still as valid today as they ever were.
Valid as in still the inspired Holy Scripture of the Torah, but not binding to Christians today, for the simple fact Christ fullfilled the Mosiac law...

You are taken this out of context, and applying to ALL prophecies. Which isnt the case here.

When you state that ''until all is fullfilled'', Christ was meaning and speaking about his purpose for coming, which was to be crucified and resurrected and fullfill all that was spoken of him in the OT.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you mean the Quran.....
We are not banking on your ability to think.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>So, were the early American settlers who brought their religion Muslims, because they killed a whole lot of folks who rejected their religion? with 150 million plus killed by the Catholic church, the Muslims are novice when it comes to killing.
Hmm, good point!

I wonder what was the ''main issue'' Catholics held opposed to Christianity?

The rituals?
christianity is EVIL

Pubnico, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>I promise you this one thing, in a Biblical knowledge debate you would not get off the first chair. So far, you have yet to proven that you even get a seat. I do look forward to you sharing God's word, it might help you.
Here is a nugget for you to pick through. When was satan tossed from heaven?
Revelation 12:2-11
New International Version (NIV)
2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.”[a] And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.
7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.
10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.
its all MYTHOLOGY dude,grow up!

www.skepticsannotatedbible.com .

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>This is where you fail. You claim that there are steps in science that we can view, test, retest and verify, then you suggest that there is proof. Well, that proves that you have no scientific intellect. Only alcohol and math contain proofs.
Yes, I am a layman and I use layman's terms.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
Really, you say that in science you can talk to many who have walked up the stairs, please just talk to one. You are also confusing science and scientists. God is not more absent in science than your allegory of steps would exist without a designer.
You have no evidence to support that claim.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
Before you continue, please show me one science proof. There are none.
When atheists attempt to use science they are being dishonest. You are attempting to set science up as in opposition to God, when it is not and can not be.
Nope, science does not concern itself with magic. There is no way to test for it. Nothing in magic is repeatable on demand. In short, there is no evidence of to support a god or gods.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
Many parents have said the same thing about training their child, only to have their child blown up in Sandhook, abducted like Polly Claus (sic), or runaway as often happens. So, no, you have faith and your faith is in that your message was received and that life will not swallow up your child.
Just because anomalies happen does not mean that I have faith.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
As for waking up, your waking up 18,809 times is just your fuel to give you faith that you will wake up tomorrow, when you may not.
Faith is not fueled by facts. According to the bible, the Earth in only about 6,000 years old and that god created everything in six days. You need faith to believe that despite all the evidence to the contrary.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
Besides, why should we believe that you have waken up 18, 809 times, you have no evidence and why should we believe your word.
There is no penalty of burning in a lake of fire for not believing me!
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
You see, with Christians not only do we walk up the platform you call religion, we verify, document, and observe God each step of the way and on each platform we move forward to.
Verify one thing about god for us.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
Unlike you, we also walk up the science platform, we use air conditioning, we use medicine, we use cars, airplanes, we use hospitals and when those things fail you, such as medicine, we reach for God,
Kind of silly to depend on man when you have an all powerful god to help you.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
and on the platform that I am on, He responds and heals.....which is verified, documented, and observed..
BS. There is no case where it has been verified that a god or gods healed anyone.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
You see, it is your choice to believe the evidence just like it is mine not to believe that you have awakened 18,809 times or that you are 51 with a birthday in Sept. or Oct. born in 1961.
Again, there is no evidence for a god or gods. There is no reason to believe that a supreme being demanded that a girl who was not a virgin on her wedding should be stone or burnt to death.

Did you ever ask yourself, why is my god so interested in girls virginity and not boys? Why was it so terrible for the girl to have premarital sex, but it was a non-issue for the boys?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>If you do not either believe or disbelieve in a God or gods, then why are you so upset and only directing your energy towards those who believe.
Unless, you are lying, then you should supply equal energy towards those who claim that God does not exist and ask them why, since you claim that you do not know if a God or gods exist. Don't you think you should settle that issue first?
Why is an Atheist on a public forum about Atheists? Hmmm, that is a head scratcher!
christianity is EVIL

Pubnico, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>
If you accept that God does exist, then you except that He is God and not human, and you are but an ant in His design of things. If you don't like ants being killed, then don't step on grass. All that is here is for God's purpose and your life may be expiring, since it does have a time stamp.
didnt god create man in His image,,,or is god an ant??

looks to me that men created gods in their Image

www.godchecker.com

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>I just got here, but I do not see anyone asking you to or requiring you to believe. That would require you to have rational thinking.
You see, the irrational person believes in black holes, evolution, speciation, the laws of physics in time and space, and then responds with proof of why you believe as events in the Bible by a God you do not believe in.
Crimes against humanity, so when did God become human? Do you kill ants and kill grass and weeds? Well, God calls useless sinners as no more than weeds growing among grass with one purpose to snuff out the life from the living.
The main issue here is that you can not judge, decipher or attribute ANYTHING to a God you claim does not exist.
If you accept that God does exist, then you except that He is God and not human, and you are but an ant in His design of things. If you don't like ants being killed, then don't step on grass. All that is here is for God's purpose and your life may be expiring, since it does have a time stamp.
Ever wonder why god made a world were everything has to kill something else to survive?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

528 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min waaasssuuup 599,050
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Dalit Trolls Biffers 114,982
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 min Naveen kumar 4,552
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 532,457
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Lyndi 172,273
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 12 min Jennette 161
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 15 min USA-1 37,605
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min Stilgar Fifrawi 720,282
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 17 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••