Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#164316 Apr 28, 2013
So close yet so far. Shame being close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>The sad part: He actually stated that almost correctly, just missed it by that much. The thing that makes it sad, is that he will never understand how close he was to being correct nor why he was so close. It kind of annoys me, seeing people so close to being intelligent but missing the mark by such a small fraction of a bit.

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#164317 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. And I have faith that leprechauns aren't real. And I have faith that aliens haven't visited earth.
You see, I've got no problem admitting when something is a belief of mine - like I believe that God is real.
Atheists claim to cling on to evidence-based realities only but refuse to admit that they believe god isn't real.
It's your shortcoming, not mine.
God isn't real. Nor is the Devil. There isn't a hell or a heaven. And science isn't the reason I don't believe.
I'm not frightened of death, of worms and compost; I like the idea of giving back to the Earth.
I don't have to read a particular book, full of hate, I don't have to memorize anything, I don't have to be frightened, don't have to put my fingers in wet sponge make sign's of crosses, kneel here bow there, cover my lovely hair, wear certain clothing. I don't have to donate a certain percentage of my wage, though I'm a huge giver to the needy; no one has to force me into giving!
I understand that there are people that believe in God; I'm such a caring person I try not to blaspheme in front of them as it may offend.
Sometimes I may be a little offensive on here ;D

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164318 Apr 28, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you look real hard you can see which book you put "first" and the one you put last..
Joseph Smith is not a prophet from God,, sorry.
Do you know that mormons believe there is 2 sins that cant be forgiving, instead of the one God said??
Just wondering. A christian wrote this, "In simple terms, if God orders a killing, it is the will of God and okay. However, confirmation must be made it was truly God."

Do you talk to god? Does god talk back?

If your god told you to give an extra $10 in the offering on Sunday, would you obey?

If your god told you to kill, would you obey?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#164319 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>If you're an atheist, you have faith that there is no god.
I wouldn't call it that.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#164320 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Since there is no evidence that there is no god, atheists use their faith (complete trust) to strengthen their belief that god isn't real.
Really?!

I'm doing it wrong.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#164321 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Ya, ya, ya....

The Book of Mormon, "Another Testament of Jesus Christ"

...That some dude made up in the 1800s.
Like the bible that some dudes made up a few millennia ago.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164322 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. And I have faith that leprechauns aren't real. And I have faith that aliens haven't visited earth.
You see, I've got no problem admitting when something is a belief of mine - like I believe that God is real.
Atheists claim to cling on to evidence-based realities only but refuse to admit that they believe god isn't real.
It's your shortcoming, not mine.
Really, you have faith that leprechauns are not real?

faith 1. Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
2. Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

I am going to guess that when you use the word 'faith', in the case of the leprechauns, you are using definition number 1 and you are trying to tied that directly to definition number 2.

Sorry, but that is not permitted. You must be consistent in order to be taken seriously.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164323 Apr 28, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering. A christian wrote this, "In simple terms, if God orders a killing, it is the will of God and okay. However, confirmation must be made it was truly God."
And?
Do you talk to god? Does god talk back?
Yes, i pray to God, and no God doesnt speak to me in an audiable voice. God speaks through the Holy Spirit and his preached word as well as the Holy Bible.
If your god told you to give an extra $10 in the offering on Sunday, would you obey?
If your god told you to kill, would you obey?
Yes, if i felt in my heart God was asking this of me.

Foolish question, but No, because God would not ask me to kill another person! We live by the NT today.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164324 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormon
Bishop Willard mutt Romney feels quite different
Kolub Is a secret place didn't ya know?
Magic underwear even
If there be faults they be the faults of a man. But behold, we know no fault.--Mormon 8:17
Islam
Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols. So fight the minions of the devil.--4:76
Yahweh
The LORD is a man of war.--Exodus 15:3
What a trio of malcontents
you wrote;

If you didnt have a bias outlook, you would realize in the OT that ''Judgment'' for idolatry and disobedient was executed on the spot. As for the NT we now have "Grace" longsuffering that any should not perish, but that all come to repentance.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164325 Apr 28, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
And?
Obviously, I wanted to know if you felt the same way.
psalms 23 wrote:
Yes, i pray to God, and no God doesnt speak to me in an audiable voice. God speaks through the Holy Spirit and his preached word as well as the Holy Bible.
Isn't the Holy Spirit, God?
psalms 23 wrote:
Yes, if i felt in my heart God was asking this of me.
Want would it take to convince you?
psalms 23 wrote:
Foolish question, but No, because God would not ask me to kill another person!
God has not asked you to kill; he has demanded that you kill.
psalms 23 wrote:
We live by the NT today.
What did Jesus say about God's laws? Didn't he say that not one dot shall be removed from the law until heaven and Earth pass away?

How do you justify ignoring God and Jesus?
Imhotep

United States

#164326 Apr 28, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
you wrote;
If you didnt have a bias outlook, you would realize in the OT that ''Judgment'' for idolatry and disobedient was executed on the spot. As for the NT we now have "Grace" longsuffering that any should not perish, but that all come to repentance.
RUBBISH

Know GOD?
"Know" nothing.
No GOD?
No Problem

Your problem is simply RELIGION

The Christian view that all intercourse outside marriage is immoral was based upon the view that all sexual intercourse, even within marriage, is regrettable.

A view of this sort, which goes against biological facts, can only be regarded by some people as a morbid aberration. The fact that it is embedded in Christian ethics has made Christianity throughout its whole history a force tending towards mental disorders and unwholesome views of life.

The Church had devastating impact upon society. As the Church assumed leadership, activity in the fields of medicine, technology, science, education, history, art and commerce all but collapsed.

Technology disappeared and the Church became the most cohesive power in Western society. The extensive aqueduct and plumbing systems vanished.

Orthodox Christians taught that all aspects of the flesh should be reviled and therefore discouraged washing as much as possible.

Toilets and indoor plumbing disappeared. Disease became commonplace as sanitation and hygiene deteriorated. For hundreds of years, towns and villages were decimated by epidemics.

Europe entered the Dark Ages. NUFF SAID!

You're a True Christian™ and can now take Advantage of my exciting new RaptureReady® All-American asbestos suits.

eBay for 666€!

Muslim women will need my
RaptureReady® asbestos burkas.
Exciting stylish EyeView® porthole.
Available only in black.

Isralite model can be purchased wholesale @ Solomon Goldstein's Mail order only.

“Organised religion is violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism, tribalism, and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children.”
~Christopher Hitchens

"Hypocrisy is the homage which vice pays to virtue."
~ Duc de La Rochefoucauld

I am Imhotep© and I approve this reply ;)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164327 Apr 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
How could you possibly know what I am thinking ditch digger?
So since you agree with the passage you cannot cherry pick scriptures anymore.
It's okay, Ditch diggers like you misread the bible all the time.
<quoted text>
HA! I knew it. You DO think that verse is talking about correcting the bible.

You're not schooled in the bible at all - you have an elementary understanding of it, which is typical of atheists.

That verse is talking about correcting yourself, not the bible.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164328 Apr 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is some "testament of a bunch of people" made up by some dudes in 10-100 AD. Your point is ...?
See? This is why you're an atheist.

You're so ignorant of the bible you don't even know when it was written.

You could at least google it and pretend you know, before showing off your ignorance.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164329 Apr 28, 2013
saidI wrote:

God isn't real. Nor is the Devil. There isn't a hell or a heaven.
Because you say so?

HA

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164330 Apr 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't call it that.
Of course you wouldn't, you think the only faith is religious faith.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164331 Apr 28, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, you have faith that leprechauns are not real?
faith 1. Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
2. Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
I am going to guess that when you use the word 'faith', in the case of the leprechauns, you are using definition number 1 and you are trying to tied that directly to definition number 2.
Sorry, but that is not permitted. You must be consistent in order to be taken seriously.
I am being consistent and honest. I have faith (or complete trust in something) that leprechauns don't exist.

Just like you atheists have faith (or complete trust in something) that God doesn't exist.

Don't be afraid of the word 'faith'.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164332 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:

RUBBISH
Know GOD?
"Know" nothing.
No GOD?
No Problem
Your problem is simply RELIGION
Know God, know peace.
No God, no peace.

Your problem is lack of faith in God.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164333 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I am being consistent and honest. I have faith (or complete trust in something) that leprechauns don't exist.
Just like you atheists have faith (or complete trust in something) that God doesn't exist.
Don't be afraid of the word 'faith'.
But I don't have complete trust that there is no god. I don't have complete trust that there are no leprechauns.

Just because I have seen equal evidence for both, I does not mean that I know that they don't exist.

I will tell you that the Judeo-Christian-Muslim god does not exist. The bible proves that.
Imhotep

United States

#164334 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Know God, know peace.
No God, no peace.
Your problem is lack of faith in God.
Actually that's your problem, Allah willing you shall see 'the truth'(Unmasked sarcasm) ;)

Peace on earth?
Not as long as organized religion exists.

Thou art big on thy Bible...

The four angels were loosed to slay the third part of men.--Revelation 9:15

What color wings did they have? do you know

Mail angels or female angels?
Where they gay angels?

I have questions. ;)
Imhotep

United States

#164335 Apr 28, 2013
Before you whine Siri does all my typing And sometimes I just leave the typos in for the fun of it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Ugly Truth from d... 603,670
Moses never existed 6 min Khatru 562
22 F underwear model!!!! im so horny 8 min harrypotter254 3
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min confused 5,438
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Dr_Zorderz 263,601
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min June VanDerMark 555,012
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 21 min RiccardoFire 37,656
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min tuanatalia 765,057
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr top dubai 1,185

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE