Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164196 Apr 26, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes - try ' true romance ' Christian Slater Dennis Hopper Christopher Walken Many others
Also - David Mamet's - House of games, Heist & The Spanish Prisoner
;)
hmmm... Thanks!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164197 Apr 26, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
Gladly it's a source of most of my material

Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung,and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.--Ezekiel 4:15
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lmfao!
It must mean something errr something else :))
It does. Back in those days, nothing went to waste - not even poop.

Dung was used when firewood was scarce.

As a self-proclaimed genius freethinker, I assumed you'd know that.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#164198 Apr 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Imhotep wrote:
Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung,and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.--Ezekiel 4:15
<quoted text>
So you eat it.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#164199 Apr 26, 2013
Would you like to eat some Ezekiel bread ditch digger?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Imhotep wrote:

Lexington, KY

#164200 Apr 26, 2013
Nothing in that passage stated firewood was scarce. Ezekiel run around naked screaming like an idiot and was to have people take a dump on the ground in front of him so he could use their turds to cook his food.

Lol! Yahweh your god is wacky like that!

Later he enjoyed the screams and smells of Jephthah's daughter being roasted alive in his honor.

Ohhhh that silly ole Yahweh! Oops he did it again!

Lmfao!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Imhotep wrote:

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164201 Apr 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And therein lies the difficulty.
Christianity claims a membership of about 2 billion - but in order to attain that number, they have to include groups that they'd otherwise cheerfully consign to the flames.
Catholics, Mormons, JWs, Christian Scientists, snake-wigglers, Westboro Baptists...
The truth of the matter is that Christians don't trust anyone who's not in their own particular cult - and they're unsure of the doctrinal purity of the guy in the next pew.
What it comes down to is two billion cults-of-one.
When you want to inflate your numbers, you include everyone! Even if you believe they are damned to Hell and you wouldn't let your child play with their children.

Who is so stupid that they can not see through that?

Oops, I should have read buck's response first.

Who else is so stupid that they can not see through that?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164202 Apr 26, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
So you eat it.
Eat it?

O_o

Do you eat your BBQ briquettes?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#164204 Apr 26, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
When you want to inflate your numbers, you include everyone! Even if you believe they are damned to Hell and you wouldn't let your child play with their children.
that was not to me, but I have to admit to being not knowledgeable about what you mean by your phrase in the green box. the two long words. please explain your meaning and intent.
I think I am friendly toward you at least because of your criticism of folks I do not respect, but I think you may be wasting time with them and should be spending it out enjoying real spring instead, which is my next thing to do. just stopped by the library book sale - got the book by Marcia clark on OJ to see whether I can stick by my opposition to the death penalty, with a preference for seeing almost everyone however bad stuck with a no-pardon life sentence. the brain study program should be able to study what makes people do some of these awful things.
later maybe some folks will figure out more about why people have to believe such horrid things as many of them do. especially those who worship an evil god and justify their own cruel behavior, either by claiming they were commanded to do it, or by claiming their God will forgive them if they only confess a belief in some total nonsense. I do not really believe in free will.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164205 Apr 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Would you like to eat some Ezekiel bread ditch digger?
<quoted text>
No, not really.

But there's a lot of ways-of-life that the ancients did that none of us would wanna do.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164206 Apr 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Nothing in that passage stated firewood was scarce.
So. It doesn't have to. You & Impotent love taking scripture out of context, that way you can ridicule it, or at least you think you can. You haven't learned anything about the bible except how to say "I've read it cover to cover!"

That's the whole point of studying the bible, so we don't make fools out of ourselves like you with your retarded posts.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164207 Apr 26, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Not many, thank Bog.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164208 Apr 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eat it?
O_o
Do you eat your BBQ briquettes?
BBQ briquettes have a good flavor when burnt, crap doesn't. The flavor of what you cook something with is absorbed by the food, so, you'd be eating crap if the food was cooked over burning crap.

Ironically, everything can be a delicacy to someone so I don't knock that part at all, meh, coffee from goat's poop is considered a modern delicacy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164209 Apr 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:

BBQ briquettes have a good flavor when burnt, crap doesn't.
I agree. But they didn't have briquettes 4,000 years ago. They had crap. Cow poop has several uses, one of which is a "briquette".
The flavor of what you cook something with is absorbed by the food, so, you'd be eating crap if the food was cooked over burning crap.
I know. And I've water tastes better than warm water. But in those days they didn't have ice....

They has to work with what they had.
Ironically, everything can be a delicacy to someone so I don't knock that part at all, meh, coffee from goat's poop is considered a modern delicacy.
Coffee from goat poop?!

.....googles.....

Yup. "Kopi Luwak coffee".

Yuck.

But this whole conversation goes back to Impotent misjudging a Scripture, a trait that you atheists seem to attribute to a lot.

Lexington, KY

#164210 Apr 26, 2013
But it is commanded by your god Yahweh! Maybe you can napkin off the turds from that Ezekiel bread.

And for your ancient people comment? Yes those people back then prayed and chanted believing some desert deity was judging them for their belief! Isn't that ridiculous in today's day and age?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, not really.

But there's a lot of ways-of-life that the ancients did that none of us would wanna do.

Lexington, KY

#164211 Apr 26, 2013
I got a $5000 bet that says I would score higher than you on a biblical knowledge test.

Care to take me up on it? After all you have Jesus' help to guide you to an easy victory right?

You do not study the bible, you study an apologetic's guide on it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>So. It doesn't have to. You & Impotent love taking scripture out of context, that way you can ridicule it, or at least you think you can. You haven't learned anything about the bible except how to say "I've read it cover to cover!"

That's the whole point of studying the bible, so we don't make fools out of ourselves like you with your retarded posts.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164212 Apr 26, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> that was not to me, but I have to admit to being not knowledgeable about what you mean by your phrase in the green box. the two long words. please explain your meaning and intent.
I am not sure what this has to do with what I wrote. If fact, I cannot put it together!

Not that this had anything to do with my post, but I take it you want to know what, "cdesign proponentsists", means. To get the most bang for your buck, google it, bing it, yahoo it, whatever you like.

The short answer is, the creationists who were trying to force ID into public classrooms got caught lying.
havent forgotten wrote:
I think I am friendly toward you at least because of your criticism of folks I do not respect, but I think you may be wasting time with them and should be spending it out enjoying real spring instead, which is my next thing to do.
I am not here to make friends, I am here giving my opinion. If you haven't noticed, I don't waste a lot of time here.

It is nice to know that you think that I should be doing what you think I should be doing. I haven't read a lot of what you wrote, but I would guess, just by shear numbers, that you would be offering your opinion to someone who spends all day on here, not on me, who writes very little. But, what would censorship be, if you tried to silence like minded people?
havent forgotten wrote:
...later maybe some folks will figure out more about why people have to believe such horrid things as many of them do. especially those who worship an evil god and justify their own cruel behavior, either by claiming they were commanded to do it, or by claiming their God will forgive them if they only confess a belief in some total nonsense. I do not really believe in free will.
I wonder where people got the idea to kill others?

Exodus 20:13 Thou shall not kill.

Just 25 verses later, your god is telling people to kill!! You find nothing wrong with that?

Exodus 21:12 He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.

13 And if a man lie not in wait, but God deliver him into his hand; then I will appoint thee a place whither he shall flee.

14 But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbour, to slay him with guile; thou shalt take him from mine altar, that he may die.

15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.

16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.

17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

I just cannot figure out where people come up with the idea to kill!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#164213 Apr 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But they didn't have briquettes 4,000 years ago. They had crap. Cow poop has several uses, one of which is a "briquette".
<quoted text>
I know. And I've water tastes better than warm water. But in those days they didn't have ice....
They has to work with what they had.
<quoted text>
Coffee from goat poop?!
.....googles.....
Yup. "Kopi Luwak coffee".
Yuck.
But this whole conversation goes back to Impotent misjudging a Scripture, a trait that you atheists seem to attribute to a lot.
Well you can eat, and drink it too.
Me I seemed to have lost my appetite, I'm going to Hardee's .
Imhotep

United States

#164214 Apr 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.--Revelation 19:13

Dracula wants to join your cult

Thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.--Revelation 16:6

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#164215 Apr 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, you're both wrong.
They did include all the groups of christians in the count, because they are christian, but all the churches include members who have left in all their counts as well, so as to dishonestly inflate their numbers for tax purposes.
Leaving a church does not mean ceasing to be a christian.

If church membership is the counting method, then the number is under-counted, not inflated, as many professed christians are members of no church.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#164216 Apr 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Nobody cares about this philosopher one way or the other fatass. Your right wing nut job site read the back cover of his book and made up this grandiose article.
You probably found that from the front page of nationalpost where they gush about how amazing George W. Bush was as president right fatty?
Better luck next time and do try to learn to eat those green leafy vegetable.
<quoted text>
Atheists cared about him a great deal before he questioned Darwinism. He was considered a brilliant atheist academician.

Of course, atheists want it both ways. Thanks for confirming. Moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Lumajuice 796,208
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Pegasus 267,539
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 9 min Ricky F 37,645
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr Martix 508
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 568,411
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 1 hr TrueSoldier70 17
I caught my husband on dating site for cheaters (Aug '13) 3 hr della 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr truth 607,250
Scientific proof for God's existence 4 hr Make World peace ... 617
More from around the web