Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
157,701 - 157,720 of 224,053 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Norco Desert.
Don't push me, Catch.....

I'll get all GRR on ya.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Except Yahweh.
Yahweh isn't a name.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Yahweh is not a name ditch digger? Really? It's just some random word?

Back to the ditches grunt you are really humiliating yourself now!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha!

I love how ignorant you make your fellow Christians look! Keep dancing puppet! But don't dance to long those ditches need some attention :))
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yahweh comes from YHWH, a Tetragrammaton, which in Hebrew translates to yahweh or Jehovah. It's a hebrew word, not a name.

Elohim is a Hebrew purslane noun, meaning "gods".

God has no name.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

The Name Yahweh... From a Christian site no less!

http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/YAHWEHFrank/Yahw...

Thanks for the laughs idiot! Keep making your fellow Christians look even dumber!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yahweh isn't a name.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yahweh isn't a name.
It's a name, exactly like Michael is a name.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See? You don't understand Leviticus or who it was written for.
I'm not a Levite, so those ancient laws have no hearing on me.
Some parts of the bible are specific laws for a specific people, like the laws in Leviticus.
You mean like the 10 commandments?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
The Name Yahweh... From a Christian site no less!
http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/YAHWEHFrank/Yahw...
Thanks for the laughs idiot! Keep making your fellow Christians look even dumber!
<quoted text>
From the Christian you agree with:
Psalms 29:2
by Robert Brooks
The English word “God” is vague in the least, for it can apply to the Christian God, or the Jewish God. Or, is sometimes used of Allah. The ancient Hebrews were more specific. We miss this specificity in English. God, our God, is a God of many names, amounting to many revelations of His Being.
I. The “EL” Revelations.
A) El – an ancient name simply translated as “God”
B) El Shaddai, rendered “God Almighty”
C) El Elyon, meaning “Exalted One,”“Most High”
D) El Olam:“God the Everlasting One”
E) El Roi –“God who sees me”
F) El Berith –“God of the Covenant”
G) El Elohe – Israel –“El the God of Israel”
H) Elohim – the plural form of El, often in singular interpretation
I) El – often used in names as in Israel, Bethel, Ishmael, Samuel, Elijah, Elisha, Emmanuel, etc.
II. The Revelational Name, Adon.
Simply translated “Lord,” most likely meaning “master.”
III. Yahweh is used 6,700 times as the primary name for God.
A) It means The Eternal. It is Israel’s major name for God. In English translations it is simply rendered “Lord.”
B) The Old Testament scholar, Charles A Briggs, asserts that the word “Jehovah” is a “linguistic monstrosity.”(Messianic Prophesy X1)
C) Geneses 4:26 states that after the birth of Seth “then men began to call on the name of Yahweh.” This probably means it was Yahweh, the True God, they were worshipping, even they did not at this time know His name.(Ex. 3:13)
IV. Yahweh tells Moses to inform Pharaoh that unless he will let His people go, He will send plagues upon Egypt.(Ex 9:13 –14) Thus He did!
V. Pharaoh consents to Israel’s exodus, but Pharaoh pursues them, and the Israelites are afraid when they reach the Red Sea.
But Moses commands:“Stand still and see the salvation of Yahweh...”(Ex. 14:13). He then lifted his staff and “Yahweh caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind.”(Ex. 14:21) Thus Israel passed through the sea safely.
VI. It was Yahweh God who provided for Israel as they murmured in the wilderness march.
A)“Then said Yahweh unto Moses, behold, I will rain bread from heaven.”(Ex. 16:4)
B) Israel complained of thirst, and “Yahweh said... behold I will stand before thee... and thou shalt smite the rock” in Horeb,“and there shall come water out of it.”(Ex. 17: 5 – 6)
C) Upon their complaint of no meat, Yahweh sent them quails (Ex. 16: 12 – 13)
D) Amalek fought with Israel, but Israel defeated them through the power of Yahweh, who declared,“I will utterly blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.”(Ex. 17: 8 -14)
VII. Yahweh gives the Ten Commandments.(Ex. 20: 1 – 3)“And Eloheem spake all these words, saying, I am Yahweh thy Eloheem. Thou shalt have no other Eloheem before me...“ In Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy Yahweh is the Great Law-Giver.
VIII. After the death of Moses, Joshua is given the command to conquer corrupt, reprobate, past-repentance Canaan. Every place the sole of Joshua’s foot touches is given (by Yahweh) unto his conquest.(Joshua 1: 1 – 3) Yahweh is unequivocally Israel’s God to punish her in corrupting themselves in wicked compromise with the people and gods of Canaan – resulting in Assyrian and Babylonian captivity.
IX. But Yahweh has mercy on Israel with free, undeserved grace. They are restored in their land.
X. The Psalms, Proverbs and prophets laud Yahweh in a concerted call to consecration.
God’s Holy name, Yahweh appears 6,700 times in the Old Testament. We miss this by the translation,“Lord.”
====
The word "Yahweh" simply means "god", it's not a name.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

[QUOTE who="""]<quo ted text>
It's a name, exactly like Michael is a name.[/QUOTE]

OK....

Yahweh is God's "name" just like "KittenKoder" is your name.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the 10 commandments?
No.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

So Yahweh is a name. Apology accepted ditch digger.

Thanks for the laughs idiot!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>From the Christian you agree with:
Psalms 29:2
by Robert Brooks
The English word “God” is vague in the least, for it can apply to the Christian God, or the Jewish God. Or, is sometimes used of Allah. The ancient Hebrews were more specific. We miss this specificity in English. God, our God, is a God of many names, amounting to many revelations of His Being.
I. The “EL” Revelations.
A) El – an ancient name simply translated as “God”
B) El Shaddai, rendered “God Almighty”
C) El Elyon, meaning “Exalted One,”“Most High”
D) El Olam:“God the Everlasting One”
E) El Roi –“God who sees me”
F) El Berith –“God of the Covenant”
G) El Elohe – Israel –“El the God of Israel”
H) Elohim – the plural form of El, often in singular interpretation
I) El – often used in names as in Israel, Bethel, Ishmael, Samuel, Elijah, Elisha, Emmanuel, etc.
II. The Revelational Name, Adon.
Simply translated “Lord,” most likely meaning “master.”
III. Yahweh is used 6,700 times as the primary name for God.
A) It means The Eternal. It is Israel’s major name for God. In English translations it is simply rendered “Lord.”
B) The Old Testament scholar, Charles A Briggs, asserts that the word “Jehovah” is a “linguistic monstrosity.”(Messianic Prophesy X1)
C) Geneses 4:26 states that after the birth of Seth “then men began to call on the name of Yahweh.” This probably means it was Yahweh, the True God, they were worshipping, even they did not at this time know His name.(Ex. 3:13)
IV. Yahweh tells Moses to inform Pharaoh that unless he will let His people go, He will send plagues upon Egypt.(Ex 9:13 –14) Thus He did!
V. Pharaoh consents to IsraelÂ’s exodus, but Pharaoh pursues them, and the Israelites are afraid when they reach the Red Sea.
But Moses commands:“Stand still and see the salvation of Yahweh...”(Ex. 14:13). He then lifted his staff and “Yahweh caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind.”(Ex. 14:21) Thus Israel passed through the sea safely.
VI. It was Yahweh God who provided for Israel as they murmured in the wilderness march.
A)“Then said Yahweh unto Moses, behold, I will rain bread from heaven.”(Ex. 16:4)
B) Israel complained of thirst, and “Yahweh said... behold I will stand before thee... and thou shalt smite the rock” in Horeb,“and there shall come water out of it.”(Ex. 17: 5 – 6)
C) Upon their complaint of no meat, Yahweh sent them quails (Ex. 16: 12 – 13)
D) Amalek fought with Israel, but Israel defeated them through the power of Yahweh, who declared,“I will utterly blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.”(Ex. 17: 8 -14)
VII. Yahweh gives the Ten Commandments.(Ex. 20: 1 – 3)“And Eloheem spake all these words, saying, I am Yahweh thy Eloheem. Thou shalt have no other Eloheem before me...“ In Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy Yahweh is the Great Law-Giver.
VIII. After the death of Moses, Joshua is given the command to conquer corrupt, reprobate, past-repentance Canaan. Every place the sole of Joshua’s foot touches is given (by Yahweh) unto his conquest.(Joshua 1: 1 – 3) Yahweh is unequivocally Israel’s God to punish her in corrupting themselves in wicked compromise with the people and gods of Canaan – resulting in Assyrian and Babylonian captivity.
IX. But Yahweh has mercy on Israel with free, undeserved grace. They are restored in their land.
X. The Psalms, Proverbs and prophets laud Yahweh in a concerted call to consecration.
God’s Holy name, Yahweh appears 6,700 times in the Old Testament. We miss this by the translation,“Lord.”
====
The word "Yahweh" simply means "god", it's not a name.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Apology accepted.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
[QUOTE who="""]<quo ted text>
It's a name, exactly like Michael is a name."

OK....

Yahweh is God's name.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
No!?!?

The 10 commandments start out with:

Exodus 20:1 Then God spoke all these words:

2 I am the Lord your God who brought you out of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

No one in my family was brought out of Egypt? According to your own words, god was not talking to me, I am not a Jew.

Every once in a while, you should skip the web trolling and pick up the bible and read it. It would really help you.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OK....
Yahweh is God's "name" just like "KittenKoder" is your name.
Actually, KittenKoder is my name, a moniker is a name that is chosen. Almost all names, even the modern ones, are actually words in various languages that mean something, most cultures use their common language as their names. Spring is a name, it is also a season, and a verb, and a noun. Even names have meanings, they are, after all, just more words. There are a hundred websites you can look up the actual meaning of names, and most names in the world are just common words.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
So Yahweh is a name. Apology accepted ditch digger.
Thanks for the laughs idiot!
<quoted text>
"Yahweh" is a guess.

There's actually 22 different guesses. Pick one:

Yahueh (ya-hu-eh)
Iahueh (i-a-hu-eh)

Yahuah (ya-hu-ah)

Iahuah (ia-hu-ah)

Yahevahe (yah-e-va-he)

Iahevahe (ia-he-va-he)

Yohwah (yoh-wah)

Iohwah (i-oh-wah)

Yohweh (yoh-weh)

Iohweh (i-oh-weh)

Yahwah (yah-wah)

Iahwah (i-ah-wah)

Yehwah (yeh-wah)

Iehwah (i-eh-wah)

Yehweh (yeh-weh)

Iehweh (i-eh-weh)

Yahweh (yah-weh)

Iahweh (i-ah-weh)

Yahwe (yah-we)

Iahwe (i-ah-we)

Yahohewah (yah-o-he-wah)

Iahohewah (i-a-ho-he-wah)

Yahuwah (ya-hu-wah)

Iahuwah (i-a-hu-wah)

Yahveh (yah-veh)

Yehveh (yeh-veh)

Yahohevah (yah-o-he-vah)

Jove (ho-ve)

Jehovah (je-ho-vah)

Iehovah (i-eh-ho-vah)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Apology accepted.
<quoted text>
You are beyond reasoning and beyond learning.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No!?!?
The 10 commandments start out with:
Exodus 20:1 Then God spoke all these words:
2 I am the Lord your God who brought you out of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
No one in my family was brought out of Egypt? According to your own words, god was not talking to me, I am not a Jew.
Every once in a while, you should skip the web trolling and pick up the bible and read it. It would really help you.
Like you're one to talk, cherry picker.

The Ten Commandments were part of the Law given to Moses to judge the nation of Israel.

Christians are not under the Ten Commandments, as Mosaic Law, but the principals are still very valid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, KittenKoder is my name, a moniker is a name that is chosen. Almost all names, even the modern ones, are actually words in various languages that mean something, most cultures use their common language as their names. Spring is a name, it is also a season, and a verb, and a noun. Even names have meanings, they are, after all, just more words. There are a hundred websites you can look up the actual meaning of names, and most names in the world are just common words.
Go ahead and pat yourself on the back for telling me something I already know.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

As is the case with many ancient names. Anyways it is his name as you have confessed.

Apology accepted and next time avoid arguing with people who are much much much smarter than you okay?

Hahahahahahahahaha!! Thanks for the laughs idiot!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>"Yahweh" is a guess.

There's actually 22 different guesses. Pick one:

Yahueh (ya-hu-eh)
Iahueh (i-a-hu-eh)

Yahuah (ya-hu-ah)

Iahuah (ia-hu-ah)

Yahevahe (yah-e-va-he)

Iahevahe (ia-he-va-he)

Yohwah (yoh-wah)

Iohwah (i-oh-wah)

Yohweh (yoh-weh)

Iohweh (i-oh-weh)

Yahwah (yah-wah)

Iahwah (i-ah-wah)

Yehwah (yeh-wah)

Iehwah (i-eh-wah)

Yehweh (yeh-weh)

Iehweh (i-eh-weh)

Yahweh (yah-weh)

Iahweh (i-ah-weh)

Yahwe (yah-we)

Iahwe (i-ah-we)

Yahohewah (yah-o-he-wah)

Iahohewah (i-a-ho-he-wah)

Yahuwah (ya-hu-wah)

Iahuwah (i-a-hu-wah)

Yahveh (yah-veh)

Yehveh (yeh-veh)

Yahohevah (yah-o-he-vah)

Jove (ho-ve)

Jehovah (je-ho-vah)

Iehovah (i-eh-ho-vah)

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

You were once again proven wrong. This often happens because you just aren't that smart sad to say.

That's why you so often humiliate yourself on here.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You are beyond reasoning and beyond learning.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

So the principles need not be followed but are still valid commandments from god???

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Classic! Keep dancing clown! Soooooo damn funny! You really are about the funniest ditch digger lulz!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Like you're one to talk, cherry picker.

The Ten Commandments were part of the Law given to Moses to judge the nation of Israel.

Christians are not under the Ten Commandments, as Mosaic Law, but the principals are still very valid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••