Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#164037 Apr 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I did and all too easily. You are unable to refute my argument and couldn't even try.
Sorry was your silly TAG supposed to impress anyone? I guess your apologetic site didn't teach you how to reason against the argument so you are in eyes closed, fingers in your ears mode.
Thanks for the laughs idiot!:))
<quoted text>
Yet you can't refute it. Next

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#164038 Apr 23, 2013
I am sure he will regurgitate the same old tired, you are taking it out of context or something lol!
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>When he is unable to, "put it into context", for us, all will see that he is lying.

Scottsburg, IN

#164039 Apr 23, 2013
Already did and you failed to counter my argument meaning you are unable to do so. I accept your surrender even though it was all too easy :)

Better luck next time.
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you can't refute it. Next
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#164040 Apr 23, 2013
Prove to me that your reasoning is valid, or don't use your reasoning.
Thinking

Downham Market, UK

#164041 Apr 23, 2013
The cu*ts you love murdered and injured Americans.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya...? They gave a warning of more than half an hour to evacuate...
Besides, if they're fighting for freedom and oppression of the British government, every American would sympathize with that cause.
The Brits considered our founding fathers to be treasonous terrorists.
LMAO! Silly Brits.

Scottsburg, IN

#164042 Apr 23, 2013
That dodge doesn't even make sense unless You are actually saying you are too damn stupid to understand!

Sorry I can't fix your lack of IQ.
Prove to me that your reasoning is valid, or don't use your reasoning.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#164044 Apr 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
That dodge doesn't even make sense unless You are actually saying you are too damn stupid to understand!
Sorry I can't fix your lack of IQ.
<quoted text>
You are the one dodging, give me an answer 9ussy!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#164047 Apr 23, 2013
<quoted text> You are the one dodging, give me an answer 9ussy!
Oh look, its another theist with no proof of god, getting angry at atheists again!

poor fools

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#164048 Apr 23, 2013
All theists are trolls:

"Why you no confirm my imagination?!"

Scottsburg, IN

#164049 Apr 23, 2013
Ya but how fcking funny was it when he said he lacked the ability to understand my argument?

Come on that was solid gold laughs bud!
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Oh look, its another theist with no proof of god, getting angry at atheists again!

poor fools

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164050 Apr 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
2 Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
Best get back to digging those ditches half wit. Know your place, which is with a shovel in your hand doing grunt work.
<quoted text>
I try to tell them, biblegateway dot com will read the bible to them, they don't have to rely on their preachers or their reading skills.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164051 Apr 24, 2013
<quoted text>Yet you can't refute it. Next
Until you can support your argument with more than conjecture, there is nothing to refute, it fails.

Scottsburg, IN

#164052 Apr 24, 2013
Bravo! Can't you just see them screaming at the screen saying, that's not what it means bible gateway!

:))
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>I try to tell them, biblegateway dot com will read the bible to them, they don't have to rely on their preachers or their reading skills.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164053 Apr 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Bravo! Can't you just see them screaming at the screen saying, that's not what it means bible gateway!
:))
<quoted text>
I was thinking the same thing! Spit flying everywhere, yelling at the screen, "You took that out of context!", "You're reading from the wrong translation!", "'Take hold of' means a loving embrace!!".

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#164054 Apr 24, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you think there is something outside the sphere? In the example I gave, the whole universe would be the higher dimensional sphere. Why would 'nothing' need to be described?
How would it be sphere unless there was something outside the sphere or some way of looking at the sphere from outside it and seeing it is a sphere. or even if you are on the inside of it, if you were at the very inside edge of that sphere (thinking of it perhaps as a hollow basketball, the skin or the covering of the ball would be the limit with the inside of that covering being the edge or the end of the sphere), then since you have reached the outer/inner limit of the sphere, there is a limit, a boundary, a border. Is that a border with nothing?

I am not suggesting that is not a possible situation, but just how would it be described, or how would it exist?

Scottsburg, IN

#164056 Apr 24, 2013
I think I am starting to understand the Boston Bombers a little bit more....

Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, the mother of Boston Marathon bombers Tamerlan and Tzhokhar Tsarnaevso, made these shocking statements on CNN tonight:

“If they are going to kill him. I don’t care. My oldest son is killed, so I don’t care. I don’t care if my youngest son is going to be killed today. I want the world to hear this. And, I don’t care if I am going to get killed too. And I will say Allahu Akbar!“

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/04/whoa-...
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking the same thing! Spit flying everywhere, yelling at the screen, "You took that out of context!", "You're reading from the wrong translation!", "'Take hold of' means a loving embrace!!".
Thinking

Wincanton, UK

#164057 Apr 24, 2013
The polyester Dalek that shat out those two dirty bastards is also wanted for shoplifting in the US.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23138...

"But... muslims don't do this sort of thing!" :D
Givemeliberty wrote:
I think I am starting to understand the Boston Bombers a little bit more....
Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, the mother of Boston Marathon bombers Tamerlan and Tzhokhar Tsarnaevso, made these shocking statements on CNN tonight:
“If they are going to kill him. I don’t care. My oldest son is killed, so I don’t care. I don’t care if my youngest son is going to be killed today. I want the world to hear this. And, I don’t care if I am going to get killed too. And I will say Allahu Akbar!“
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/04/whoa-...
<quoted text>

Scottsburg, IN

#164058 Apr 24, 2013
Ya I saw that! What was she stealing high end fashionable clothes for? Wanted to wear something nice under her burka?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha!
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>The polyester Dalek that shat out those two dirty bastards is also wanted for shoplifting in the US.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23138...

"But... muslims don't do this sort of thing!" :D

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#164059 Apr 24, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you can support your argument with more than conjecture, there is nothing to refute, it fails.
I thought woman had sixth sense, apparently this one doesn't.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#164060 Apr 24, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, its another theist with no proof of god, getting angry at atheists again!
poor fools
But there is proof of Jesus, look at it, instead of blabbering " OH, God doesn't exist, he just doesn't exist you dumb theists, because he doesn't".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 18 min RiccardoFire 2,804
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 45 min Pokay 119,280
man for anal play and jerking for woman on skyp... 1 hr oldhorny 1
filters on the new "USAJOBS.gov" site is REAL C... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Michael 679,315
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Holy Child Jehowa... 46,219
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,277
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 hr nanoanomaly 982,144
More from around the web