Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#163895 Apr 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Honestly what with all the contradictions in the bible I find it laughable anyone would think it was a book inspired by some higher being.
Contradictions going all the way back to genesis 1:1
I find it dishonest when anyone dismisses an argument without providing an alternate view.

Condemnation before investigation.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163896 Apr 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You need hands to do that.

And since you've provided no observable evidence that you have hands, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you don't have any.
Good.

I hope we meet someday.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163897 Apr 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I am.

But it's to be expected of terrorist Muslims - they worship the wrong god and the wrong book.
How do you know?

They are as firm in their beliefs as you are on yours.

And they "know" in exactly the same way that you "know".

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163898 Apr 22, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, curved space can be mind-bending at first. Also, the idea of a curved space that is not embedded in anything larger can be difficult for people to imagine.

Here's an analogy that I like:

Imagine space to be two dimensional rather than three. Furthermore, imagine it to be curved like a sphere. Now have the radius of that sphere represent *time*. So later times are larger spheres. Now, three dimensional space represents spacetime.

One thing I like about this analogy is that it makes the singular nature of the Big Bang easier to understand. The point of the Big Bang in the analogy is simply the common center of all the spheres. Notice that there is no 'center of expansion' that is actually on any of the spheres. Instead, it is a point in the past for all of them. Also, there is no 'negative radius' in exactly the same way that there is no 'before the Big Bang' in the classical model. This model is actually very similar (one dimension down) to the actual model of an expanding universe with positive spatial curvature in the classic Big Bang model.
Nice.

I like it.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163899 Apr 22, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>I find it dishonest when anyone dismisses an argument without providing an alternate view.

Condemnation before investigation.
An alternate view could be as simple as "We don't know."
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#163901 Apr 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I am.
But it's to be expected of terrorist Muslims - they worship the wrong god and the wrong book.
Allah touches their heads also. You don't have a monopoly on deity groping.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#163902 Apr 22, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
An alternate view could be as simple as "We don't know."
That is not view, just the position of a coward.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163903 Apr 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So you are a polytheist.
<quoted text>
Nope. Monotheist.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163904 Apr 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I didn't?
<quoted text>
No, you didn't. You wrote:

"Givemeliberty wrote:
So we see as predicted the terrorists in Boston were theists, Islamic terrorists killing in the name of the god of Abraham."

Then I asked you to;

Provide evidence that:
It was predicted.
They were theists.
They were Islamic.
They were terrorists.
That they killed in the name if their god.

Then you ranted and lied and said that I aid the terrorists weren't muslim....

You avoided it. Well done.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163905 Apr 22, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know?
They are as firm in their beliefs as you are on yours.
And they "know" in exactly the same way that you "know".
Another baseless atheist claim?

Unless you think you can provide evidence that they are as firm in their beliefs as I am mine.

Or what they "know" compared to what I "know".

Go ahead. Provide evidence...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163906 Apr 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Honestly what with all the contradictions in the bible I find it laughable anyone would think it was a book inspired by some higher being.
Contradictions going all the way back to genesis 1:1
Because GLM thinks so and evilbible.com agrees?

HA!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163907 Apr 22, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
I hope we meet someday.
Um ok.

....but I'm the "top".

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163908 Apr 22, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah touches their heads also. You don't have a monopoly on deity groping.
Another baseless, unfounded atheist claim?

Gee whiz you guys are on a roll today!
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#163909 Apr 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another baseless, unfounded atheist claim?
Gee whiz you guys are on a roll today!
So you're saying Muslims don't communicate with Allah? Are you saying Muslims don't feel they've been touched by Allah? Is that what you're saying?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#163910 Apr 22, 2013
Because the bible says so evilbible.com not needed chump.

The bible contradicts itself going all the way back to genesis 1:1 :)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Because GLM thinks so and evilbible.com agrees?

HA!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#163912 Apr 22, 2013
Are you now saying Muslims are not theists?

Wow.... You are one stupid moron. Thanks for dancing for our amusement lmfao!!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, you didn't. You wrote:

"Givemeliberty wrote:
So we see as predicted the terrorists in Boston were theists, Islamic terrorists killing in the name of the god of Abraham."

Then I asked you to;

Provide evidence that:
It was predicted.
They were theists.
They were Islamic.
They were terrorists.
That they killed in the name if their god.

Then you ranted and lied and said that I aid the terrorists weren't muslim....

You avoided it. Well done.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#163913 Apr 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Because the bible says so evilbible.com not needed chump.
The bible contradicts itself going all the way back to genesis 1:1 :)
<quoted text>
Sure it does...
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#163914 Apr 22, 2013
So you worship the same god as the muslims.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Monotheist.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#163915 Apr 22, 2013
Sorry, just LMFAO and spiking the football.... Again.:)

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/who-is-...

Clearly as I stated.

Theist? Check BIG TIME!
Islamic? Check!
Terrorists? Check!

:knowing smile:

You may return to work now ditch digger. LMFAO!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.... No, scooter.
Here's your post:
"Givemeliberty wrote:
So we see as predicted the terrorists in Boston were theists, Islamic terrorists killing in the name of the god of Abraham."
So.
Provide evidence that:
It was predicted.
They were theists.
They were Islamic.
They were terrorists.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163916 Apr 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Are you now saying Muslims are not theists?
Wow.... You are one stupid moron. Thanks for dancing for our amusement lmfao!!
<quoted text>
So you can't provide evidence for anything that you posted? Anything?

I never said that Muslims aren't theists, we weren't talking about Muslims in general we were talking about the terrorists in Boston.

Try to keep up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Osmius 778,164
real music !!!! 4 r-e-a-l !!! 8 min Doctor REALITY 7
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min confrinting with ... 560,439
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 54 min Dr_Zorderz 265,442
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 39,386
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr God Truth 48
I like underage girls (Apr '09) 1 hr TexasCPChampion 16
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr truth 605,329
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Lumajuice 441,821
More from around the web