Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#163983 Apr 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
NORAID's mission statement declares that:
1. Irish Northern Aid is an American based membership organization that supports through peaceful means, the establishment of a democratic 32-county Ireland.
2. Our Strategy: To develop a broad coalition of supporters for Irish Unity through organizing and educating the public, our members, political leaders, and the media.
3. To support the current Peace Process, including the full implementation of the Good Friday Agreement which was endorsed by the vast majority of the Irish people.
4. To support a process of National reconciliation and equality for all the citizens of Ireland.
5. Membership: In keeping with the principles of the 1916 Proclamation, Irish Northern Aid is open to anyone who shares these values.
====
You don't like peace and freedom?
That's their claim, son.

They lie.

They actually funneled funds into the IRA and similar groups, and have been declared a Terrorist Organisation in Ireland.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#163984 Apr 23, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
NORAID
You can huff and puff all you like but facts are facts
NORAID is not affiliated with the American republican party.
Even if it has a few republican from here in this org, it doesn't mean it is supported by the republican party.

From what I gather about NORAID it is mostly the Irish Catholics in the Boston area that support this group. But it isn't supported by
our republican party there either.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#163985 Apr 23, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no satan.
How sad that people must follow a religion that dictates you believe what they believe or you are going to suffer some sort of eternal pain and suffering.
What a mean, bully of a god to worship...
You've made an assertion, care to prove it?
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#163986 Apr 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
That is still no excuse for the jealous and psychotic behaviour displayed by this entity in the old testament.
The creator would never need an excuse, he is Holy. Maybe you should study the meaning of being omnipotent etc.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#163987 Apr 23, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> The creator would never need an excuse, he is Holy. Maybe you should study the meaning of being omnipotent etc.
An omnipotent, omnibenevolent entity does not exist, otherwise he would do something about all the human suffering out there. Instead we inhabit a universe which acts exactly as you would expect without a god, some and lucky, some have a life of tragedy. As the saying goes nature is cruel.
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#163988 Apr 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another baseless atheist claim.

Wrong again as usual something from your book you should've read

Simple-minded god

"I am jealous over you ... I fear your minds be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."
– 2 Corinthians 11.2-3.

"I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create EVIL. I the LORD do all these things."
– Isaiah 45.7.

Puerile God

"If ye will not give glory unto my name saith the LORD ... I will spread dung upon your faces."
– Malachi 2.2,3.

Making "every thought captive."

"For the weapons of our warfare are casting down imaginations ... and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."
– St Paul, 2 Corinthians 10.4,5.

The cost to humanity of fifteen centuries of Christian savagery – of hundreds of millions of lives brutalised and truncated, sacrificed to war, torture, pogrom, burning, pestilence and plague – is incalculable.

Christianity is the worst disaster in human history
Thinking

Downham Market, UK

#163989 Apr 23, 2013
Well done. Civilians getting arms and legs blown off is not a lot of fun.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I decked a NORAID collector once. At an Irish Festival in New Jersey, of all places.
Thinking

Downham Market, UK

#163990 Apr 23, 2013
NORAID brought freedom in the same way that Boston runners were liberated from their limbs.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Irish Northern Aid is an American based membership organization that supports through peaceful means, the establishment of a democratic 32-county Ireland.
2. Our Strategy: To develop a broad coalition of supporters for Irish Unity through organizing and educating the public, our members, political leaders, and the media.
3. To support the current Peace Process, including the full implementation of the Good Friday Agreement which was endorsed by the vast majority of the Irish people.
4. To support a process of National reconciliation and equality for all the citizens of Ireland.
5. Membership: In keeping with the principles of the 1916 Proclamation, Irish Northern Aid is open to anyone who shares these values.
====

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163991 Apr 23, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>No , it was an accidental exta S . The Lord our God is one God. There is only one God and he tolerates no rivals.
So there are rivals?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#163992 Apr 23, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>Expert in all Things wrote:

<quoted text>Then take a position, coward. Yeah batty, with "pecker in hand".
Nope.

Just my phone.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#163993 Apr 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, ok. My bad.

Prove it, it's your claim.
I don't need to prove it.

I don't care of you claim to not believe it.

I know you're a liar.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#163994 Apr 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
George Washington was considered a terrorist by you people.
Up yours.
Yes very true, it seems that you can speak truth when you put your mind to it.

Now go and pray to your god of lies that you have told the truth and beg forgiveness

#163995 Apr 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I decked a NORAID collector once. At an Irish Festival in New Jersey, of all places.
Could not have happened to a nicer collector

Well done.

#163996 Apr 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
====
Yes and terrorists have been know to lie.

The NORAID version of piece involves financing gun and explosive purchases with US funding. This guns and explosive are used to KILL people

Is this the sort of freedom and piece you approve of?

Honey their actions have been condemned not only by the British government but the US government.

#163997 Apr 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> NORAID is not affiliated with the American republican party.
Even if it has a few republican from here in this org, it doesn't mean it is supported by the republican party.
From what I gather about NORAID it is mostly the Irish Catholics in the Boston area that support this group. But it isn't supported by
our republican party there either.
Who said they were?

Irish republican party – US Republican Party – different organisations. For the most part all they have in common is the word republican in the title
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#163998 Apr 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You said if there were less people to share heaven with, there would be more for you. Therefore you believe heaven is resource constrained.
<quoted text>
The sarcasm simply meant that what you refuse will not go to waste.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#163999 Apr 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
An omnipotent, omnibenevolent entity does not exist, otherwise he would do something about all the human suffering out there. Instead we inhabit a universe which acts exactly as you would expect without a god, some and lucky, some have a life of tragedy. As the saying goes nature is cruel.
You err, or should I say lie? King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. You do not understand the"operaton of God" nor do you believe our history, present state and future as told by scripture. This eternal suffering you atheists are always complaining about is a self made hardship as hell is simply separation from the God you fail to have faith in. The one who gave you breath.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#164000 Apr 23, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So there are rivals?
..None that can see and hear and have power over life and death. To name only a few things.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#164001 Apr 23, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said they were?
Irish republican party – US Republican Party – different organisations. For the most part all they have in common is the word republican in the title

You did , but I guess we just got wires crossed or something.

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Just because they are republican in Ireland doesn't mean republicans fund them from here Christine, It could be many professed democrats supporting them from here also. The Irish "republican" name means nothing in America.

ChristineM said:

NORAID

"You can huff and puff all you like but facts are facts"

I see there was one republican who was supporting NORAID.
I also see that under the law here now (the patriot act), if he were to support them he could face 15 years federal prison time.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164002 Apr 23, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You've made an assertion, care to prove it?
Which of the words were confusing for you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Everyone is a fool 5 min Truthiness 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Neville Thompson 286,104
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Michael 667,994
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min St Elmos Fire 92,795
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 55 min Neville Thompson 1,106
REAL Smooth New Age Chamber Jazz 57 min Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr truth 183,654
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Richardfs 979,488
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 619,238
More from around the web