Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#163696 Apr 18, 2013
Getting really desperate now aren't you?

Again show observable proof for god or the atheist is on sold ground.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh ya lol

OK, prove I'm not.

Do you have observable evidence that I'm not a book?

Scottsburg, IN

#163697 Apr 18, 2013
Solid ground but lol sold ground works seeing as how there are a record number of abandoned churches for sale :)

They are cruelly turning a former Protestant church into a strip club up north I hear. Sweet!:)
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Getting really desperate now aren't you?

Anon

Cleveland, OH

#163698 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Nobody has observable proof for god and you know it.
Nope your example doesn't work. Put your Wife or daughter if she's over 18 in front of me topless and observe my hands grope their boobies and suck my fingers. Hence we have a test that can be observed, tested and retested.
Now show an observable test that will produce proof for your god or your example fails.
<quoted text>
That's uncalled for. A poster's family should be off limits. This really shows a lack of class.
Daniel Morris

Alicante, Spain

#163699 Apr 18, 2013
You can get an Honorary Doctorate from a California institute for just a $69 donation, in disciplines like Religious Economics, Counseling, etc. It is completely legitimate as it is an ecclesiastical honorary degree. www.ladc-institute.com

Scottsburg, IN

#163700 Apr 18, 2013
Says the unregistered screen name too cowardly to use his regular name?

I have a demonstration that shatters his insanely lame comparison to god and if someone has hands. The stupidity of his example lead to my humorous response.

You can crawl away now sniveling worm.
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>That's uncalled for. A poster's family should be off limits. This really shows a lack of class.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#163701 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Says the unregistered screen name too cowardly to use his regular name?
I have a demonstration that shatters his insanely lame comparison to god and if someone has hands. The stupidity of his example lead to my humorous response.
You can crawl away now sniveling worm.
<quoted text>
I don't think many will find fondling their wife or daughter humorous. You crossed a line and you know it. What I do find rather funny is a classless pig calling me a worm.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#163702 Apr 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think many will find fondling their wife or daughter humorous. You crossed a line and you know it. What I do find rather funny is a classless pig calling me a worm.

Well he did say to put them in front of him topless, if you do that .....Would you blame him?
I'll sweeten the deal, I'll give you money to buy her as a slave for me outright. Now how much? If you not selling , or putting her up there topless ...then wtf is your problem?

BTW if you are pimping her to strip dance, or selling her ..then you really do have a problem.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#163703 Apr 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I will.
But first, you prove to me that you have hands.
Then I'll prove God to you.
Ready?
Go.
Logic and reason mean nothing to you? Are you so stupid to suspend both?

How many humans have you been in contact with throughout your entire life? How many of them had HANDS? Do you really need someone to "prove to you that they have hands?

Your experience in reality has more than demonstrated to you that people for the most part have hands. It would be an unbelievably stupid ploy to put proof of a person most likely having hands and the existence of God on the same level. Although your pervious posts have never demonstrated you to be all that smart.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#163704 Apr 18, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
We do so in exactly the same way that we prove any other idea exists: by showing people actually using that idea. We prove that the idea of unicorns exists by presenting drawings of unicorns. We prove that 5 (an idea) exists, but showing people counting or calculating.
So, let me get this straight, you are claiming you can prove an idea by presenting a drawing?

Also you claim because you show someone that you can count, that proves the number 5?
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#163705 Apr 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he did say to put them in front of him topless, if you do that .....Would you blame him?
I'll sweeten the deal, I'll give you money to buy her as a slave for me outright. Now how much? If you not selling , or putting her up there topless ...then wtf is your problem?
BTW if you are pimping her to strip dance, or selling her ..then you really do have a problem.
When you say put them in front of "him" topless, are you referring to Redneck? Did I miss a post where Redneck said this first? If not, I have no idea what you're talking about.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#163706 Apr 18, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
So, let me get this straight, you are claiming you can prove an idea by presenting a drawing?
Also you claim because you show someone that you can count, that proves the number 5?
we prove 5 is five... because,

WE frickin defined what 5 ..five ugh a pentagon is.
There was no five before the human concept defined what it is.
And yes a concept is proven by a drawing , but it doesn't prove it exists. You have a drawing of Jesus , but you don't have real Jesus in the flesh. However 5 can be mathematically proven,(by our own rules) now go figure.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#163707 Apr 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say put them in front of "him" topless, are you referring to Redneck? Did I miss a post where Redneck said this first? If not, I have no idea what you're talking about.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...

I thought you were bitching about this post.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#163708 Apr 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
When I hit your link, all I get is the Top Stories list. If this is just a misunderstanding, which it apparently is, forget about it...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163709 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Nobody has observable proof for god and you know it.
Nope your example doesn't work. Put your Wife or daughter if she's over 18 in front of me topless and observe my hands grope their boobies and suck my fingers. Hence we have a test that can be observed, tested and retested.
Now show an observable test that will produce proof for your god or your example fails.
<quoted text>
I don't have a daughter and my wife's boobs are gone due to cancer.

Now what?

Prove you have hands, no hypothetical bullshit.

Just do it.

Easy enough, right?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#163710 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Getting really desperate now aren't you?
<quoted text>
Ok, ok, ok...

I'll prove God.

As soon as you prove you have hands.

Ready?
Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#163712 Apr 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do people do that? You post a link to a whole page and expect your reader to know which post to which you are referring...

Ugh

How about posting the link to the page, then telling the reader which post to look for...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#163713 Apr 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
GML's just being a dick.

He excels at that.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#163714 Apr 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you must be an atheist since you spend so much time arguing with atheists!
Lmfao see how flawed your christhole logic is?
<quoted text>
You're prevaricating as usual. Ask anyone in here, I don't argue, I simply make fun of topix hatheists.
KJV

United States

#163715 Apr 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing how religious these atheists are, and they don't even realize it.
There is a lot they don't realize.

It's alway a good time read their attempts at explaining their three great myths.
KJV

United States

#163716 Apr 18, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly!

Thanks madscot.
What is the universe?
How old is the universe?
What existed before the universe (Time)?

"The Universe is commonly defined as the totality of existence, including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

Translate universe | into French | into German |into Italian | into Spanish
Definition of universe
noun
1 (the universe) all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos. The universe is believed to be at least 10 billion light years in diameter and contains a vast number of galaxies; it has been expanding since its creation in the Big Bang about 13 billion years ago.

Origin:
late Middle English: from Old French univers or Latin universum, neuter of universus 'combined into one, whole', from uni-'one'+ versus 'turned'(past participle of vertere)

universe in other Oxford dictionaries
Definition of universe in the US English dictionary

http://www.definitions.net/definition/univers...

universe, existence, creation, world, cosmos, macrocosm(noun)
everything that exists anywhere
"they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence.

http://i.word.com/idictionary/universe

Main Entry: uni·verse
Pronunciation:\ˈyü-nə-ˌvə rs\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin universum, from neuter ofuniversus entire, whole, from uni-+versus turned toward, from past participle of vertere to turn — more at worth
Date: 14th century
1 : the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated :cosmos: as a : a systematic whole held to arise by and persist through the direct intervention of divine power b : the world of human experience c (1): the entire celestial cosmos (2): milky way galaxy (3):an aggregate of stars comparable to the Milky Way galaxy 2 : a distinct field or province of thought or reality that forms a closed system or self-inclusive and independent organization 3 : population 4 : a set that contains all elements relevant to a particular discussion or problem 5 : a great number or quantity <a large enough universe of stocks … to choose from — G. B. Clairmont>"

//////////

This article is about scientific estimates of the age of the universe.

The age of the universe is defined inphysical cosmology as the time elapsed since the Big Bang. The best estimate of the age of the universe, as of 22 March 2013, is 13.798 ± 0.037 billion years (4.351 ± 0.017 × 1017 seconds) within the Lambda-CDM concordance model. The uncertainty of 37 million years has been obtained by the agreement of a number of scientific research projects, such as microwave background radiation measurements by the Planck satellite, the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe and other probes. Measurements of the cosmic background radiation give the cooling timeof the universe since the Big Bang, and measurements of the expansion rate of the universe can be used to calculate its approximate age by extrapolating backwards in time.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_uni...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Brandy trujillo 980,109
Ring Payments 17 min annaleighanne 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 28 min -KENTUCKY- 100,153
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr guest 670,272
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 8 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web