Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239496 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Lincoln

United States

#163521 Apr 16, 2013
“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
Albert Einstein,
The World as I See It
Thinking

Ashford, UK

#163522 Apr 16, 2013
From Yahoo answers:

Keep in mind, Einstein didn't believe in any kind of a personal god that answers prayers or does miracles or actually does *anything* in the universe...this quote is more than likely poking fun at people who claim coincidences are "miracles."
Lincoln wrote:
“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
Albert Einstein,
The World as I See It
Lincoln

United States

#163523 Apr 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
From Yahoo answers:
Keep in mind, Einstein didn't believe in any kind of a personal god that answers prayers or does miracles or actually does *anything* in the universe...this quote is more than likely poking fun at people who claim coincidences are "miracles."
<quoted text>
Thanks
People in their journey through life often vary their beliefs from time to time.
Doubt if arguments of metaphysics have winners.

Good Article in Sunday New York Times, April 7th on Dialogue between believers and non believers.
Imhotep

United States

#163524 Apr 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
May I suggest you read the bible cover to cover with no apologetic help? Often Christholes like to start at the end of the myth and work backwards.
Start at the Old Testament and note clearly all the messianic prophecies as stated not the apologetic excuse for them. After that work your way into the New Testament and see how well they match up.
After you get a hearty laugh there enjoy all the contradictions between the gospels. Separating the actual letters of Paul vs forgeries can come later :)
<quoted text>
OT is exclusively a Jewish book the - Pentateuch
NT is a rewrite, modify of the OT - Bible

Both are pure mythology.

There is no papyrus, no Dead Sea scroll no written Egyptian or Roman or Greek history that recognizes Moses or Jesus ever existed or walked on the face of the earth.

For this tale one must consult either OT or the NT

Apologists have always been necessary to explain the nonsense contained within these.

Not only is the Bible the most popular selling book world is also the least read!
Lincoln

United States

#163525 Apr 16, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
OT is exclusively a Jewish book the - Pentateuch
Both are pure mythology.
There is no papyrus, no Dead Sea scroll no written Egyptian or Roman or Greek history that recognizes Moses or Jesus ever existed or walked on the face of the earth.
Apologists have always been necessary to explain the nonsense contained within these.
Not only is the Bible the most popular selling book world is also the least read!
Usual atheist generalizations.
Apologists for atheism try to take the Bible literally which make them fundamentalists in a way.
Fundamentalists take the Bible literally have not read "Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why"
by Bart D. Ehrman, a New Testament scholar at University of North Carolina.
as an atheist fundamentalist you may observe that words change meaning from time to time, like 3000 years.
Then the problem of translation....
Fundamentalists reading English translation of the Bible and then preaching as you do, may be found to be amusing

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#163526 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Apologists for atheism try to take the Bible literally which make them fundamentalists in a way.
Fundamentalists take the Bible literally have not read "Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why"
as an atheist fundamentalist you may observe that words change meaning from time to time, like 3000 years.
Fundamentalists reading English translation of the Bible and then preaching as you do, may be found to be amusing
You have no proof of god, and you misquoted Einstein who was an atheist.

You're a sack of lying creationist sh*t converting nobody and embarrassing yourself day after day.

I give you another month before Topix bans your sorry a$$ for spam
Imhotep

United States

#163527 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want amusement and fact I suggest you visit this site

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Atheists don't need apologist clerics or any pseudo-Xtians who claim to know the unknowable to explain a fairytale.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163528 Apr 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Of course. Have you?

Immanuel, Emmanuel or Imanu'el is a Hebrew phrase meaning "God is with us", it's not a name.

It's a symbolic name only.

Why do atheists pretend to know do much about a bible and a god they claim to not believe in?
Because we've read it without god goggles.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#163529 Apr 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Proof of atheism?

Have you gone mad?
Lol!
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#163530 Apr 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
May I suggest you read the bible cover to cover with no apologetic help? Often Christholes like to start at the end of the myth and work backwards.
Start at the Old Testament and note clearly all the messianic prophecies as stated not the apologetic excuse for them. After that work your way into the New Testament and see how well they match up.
After you get a hearty laugh there enjoy all the contradictions between the gospels. Separating the actual letters of Paul vs forgeries can come later :)
<quoted text>
Good advice and summation. The Bible is a mess of contradictions, mythology, errors and absurdity. Obvious to anyone outside of that particular bubble of delusion.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#163531 Apr 16, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>OT is exclusively a Jewish book the - Pentateuch

Both are pure mythology.

Gotta have one handy to fool god.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#163532 Apr 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we've read it without god goggles.
Yeah, just standard obstreperously prevaricating hatheist goggles. All of you should remember , Buck Crick has unequivocally made fools of all topix atheist , your flawed suppostions and totally untenable positions.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#163533 Apr 16, 2013
I see the god of Abraham ordered the marathon to be bombed yesterday.

Lexington, KY

#163534 Apr 16, 2013
By far to often we see believers read the bible through the prism of apologetic glow and excuses. If they read their own book all the way through from start to finish honestly they would see how insane it is that the bible would be the word of a supreme being.
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>Good advice and summation. The Bible is a mess of contradictions, mythology, errors and absurdity. Obvious to anyone outside of that particular bubble of delusion.
Lincoln

United States

#163535 Apr 16, 2013
Canadian atheist complains to human rights commission that he is a victim of religious bigotry because his co-workers said a prayer before they ate when he was at the table.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#163536 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Canadian atheist complains to human rights commission that he is a victim of religious bigotry because his co-workers said a prayer before they ate when he was at the table.
Lincoln the defeated theist keeps lying about atheists in a forum that he's too cowardly to address directly.
Lincoln

United States

#163537 Apr 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
By far to often we see believers read the bible through the prism of apologetic glow and excuses. If they read their own book all the way through from start to finish honestly they would see how insane it is that the bible would be the word of a supreme being.
<quoted text>
In any militant atheist group where* Jack's Law * applies, a paradox exists where one person sufficiently militant is likely to be so ridiculous or repetitive that he risks being rejected as a parody.

United States

#163538 Apr 16, 2013
Lmao exactly! Which is why I have placed him in the same totally ignore basket as EW. They cower from any question and refuse to have any kind if back an forth conversation. In short they are trolling turds who will say anything to try to get a reaction, and I have flushed.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Lincoln the defeated theist keeps lying about atheists in a forum that he's too cowardly to address directly.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#163540 Apr 16, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, just standard obstreperously prevaricating hatheist goggles. All of you should remember , Buck Crick has unequivocally made fools of all topix atheist , your flawed suppostions and totally untenable positions.
Okely dokely.

I'm sure buck thinks that as well.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#163541 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
I would have just started eating anyway.

Maybe noisily.

Match rudeness with rudeness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kalite ileri Teknoloji SIEMENS ( 342 00 24 ) AK... 4 min siemenswr 1
Want Voip Billing Reseller Service? 11 min cloudastrix 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Liam 590,800
( EN YAKIN SERVIS ) Siemens (O2I2) ( 342 00 24 ... 14 min siemenswr 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min River Tam 839,963
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 17 min Paul is dead 1966 3,080
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 37 min Mr Ironhart 4,636
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jarring 100,083
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr Serah 612,216
More from around the web