Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
157,021 - 157,040 of 224,191 Comments Last updated 15 min ago

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Gayness is not harmful?
A few of my prison buddies would demur.
I'll come out to Socal if you'll send me some money and let me bring my brother Fountain Crick.
Fountain's hair is falling out. But not all over - just one big round spot right on top. He got drunk and danced around with a piece of fried bologna on top of his head. He didn't know it was still frying. His bald spot is perfectly circular.
But we still would look good on the beach in our cut-off bib overalls and cowboy boots. Fountain stole us a pair of ostrich. Not the bird, the boots.
Laffin.

Buck, I actually missed you. Welcome back.

Jaw all better, I hope?

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Normal" is not accepted here.
It's an aberration?

Hehehe.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Fatass??
I weigh 315 pounds with a 34 inch waist, and my body fat percentage is lower than yours.
Fatass??
I made the starting offensive line of an NFL team.
Of course you did, poodle...of course you did.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Aw poor republicans! Poor Mitch McConnell in big trouble :)

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't partied till you party with me and Fountain.
Did I tell you about his fight at the bowling alley when the lights went out?
That was funny as hell.
OK, bring Fountain.

But no way Peebob.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Aw poor republicans! Poor Mitch McConnell in big trouble :)
One is devastated.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

It's getting to the point Democrats will be able to phone in future elections and still win. The GOP is self destructing.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>One is devastated.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

http://archive.adl.org/braun/dim_14_1_role_ch...

Churches throughout Europe were mostly silent while Jews were persecuted, deported and murdered. In Nazi Germany in September 1935, there were a few Christians in the Protestant Confessing Church who demanded that their Church take a public stand in defense of the Jews. Their efforts, however, were overruled by Church leaders who wanted to avoid any conflict with the Nazi regime. Internationally, some Church leaders in Europe and North America did condemn the Nazis' measures against the Jews, and there were many debates about how Christians outside Nazi Germany and Nazi-occupied territory should best respond to Hitler's brutal policies.

These discussions, however, tended to become focused more on secondary strategic considerations -- like maintaining good relations with colleagues in the German Churches -- than on the central humanitarian issues that were really at stake.

Churches throughout the world began to address their failures after 1945. Confessions of guilt have been issued by Catholic Churches in France and Germany, and most major Protestant denominations, beginning with the German Evangelical Church's Stuttgart Declaration of Guilt in August 1945 (three months after the war in Europe ended). The early statements were vague, often referring only to the Churches' general lack of decisiveness in opposing Nazism.

More recently, however, the Christian Churches have been far more specific -- recognizing that they not only failed to resist Nazism, but actually helped prepare the way for the mass destruction of Europe's Jews through centuries of proselytization, attacks on Judaism, and tacit or overt support for pogroms and other anti-Jewish violence.

These admissions of guilt are part of a difficult process, which still continues, in which Christians try to grasp exactly what happened to their Churches during the Holocaust.

The examinations raise a number of questions: Were the Churches, by and large, passive while millions of innocent people were murdered? To what extent can we say they resisted? To what extent were they guilty of active complicity? Most importantly: Why did the Churches respond as they did?

These are, obviously, complex questions, historically and theologically.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
Reposting part of Aura's smackdown towards Buck Crick.
Mainly because that Lil Ticked troll is back again to disrupt the damning conversation and truth sharing about her cult.
“The more abstractly correct and hence powerful this idea will be,
the more impossible remains its complete fulfillment as long as it
continues to depend on human beings… If this were not so, the
founders of religion could not be counted among the greatest men of
this earth… In its workings, even the religion of love is only the
weak reflection of the will of its exalted founder; its significance,
however, lies in the direction which it attempted to give to a
universal human development of culture, ethics, and morality.”
[Adolf Hitler, "Mein Kampf", Vol. 1, Chapter 8]
“To them belong, not only the truly great statesmen, but all other
great reformers as well. Beside Frederick the Great stands Martin
Luther as well as Richard Wagner.”
[Adolf Hitler, "Mein Kampf", Vol. 1, Chapter 8]
“The fight against syphilis demands a fight against prostitution,
against prejudices, old habits, against previous conceptions, general
views among them not least the false prudery of certain circles. The
first prerequisite for even the moral right to combat these things is
the facilitation of earlier marriage for the coming generation. In
late marriage alone lies the compulsion to retain an institution
which, twist and turn as you like, is and remains a disgrace to
humanity, an institution which is damned ill-suited to a being who
with his usual modesty likes to regard himself as the ‘image’ of God.”
[Adolf Hitler, "Mein Kampf", Vol. 1, Chapter 10]
“Parallel to the training of the body a struggle against the
poisoning of the soul must begin. Our whole public life today is like
a hothouse for sexual ideas and simulations. Just look at the bill of
fare served up in our movies, vaudeville and theaters, and you will
hardly be able to deny that this is not the right kind of food,
particularly for the youth…Theater, art, literature, cinema, press,
posters, and window displays must be cleansed of all manifestations
of our rotting world and placed in the service of a moral, political,
and cultural idea.”
[Adolf Hitler, "Mein Kampf", Vol. 1, Chapter 10, echoing the Cultural
Warfare rhetoric of the Religious Right]
“But if out of smugness, or even cowardice, this battle is not fought
to its end, then take a look at the peoples five hundred years from
now. I think you will find but few images of God, unless you want to
profane the Almighty.”
“While both denominations maintain missions in Asia and Africa in
order to win new followers for their doctrine– an activity which can
boast but very modest success compared to the advance of the
Mohammedan faith in particular– right here in Europe they lose
millions and millions of inward adherents who either are alien to all
religious life or simply go their own ways. The consequences,
particularly from a moral point of view, are not favorable.”
The Hitler position is interesting yet pointless. His religion matters little. The most interesting thing that I find is that nobody mentions the "good" things that happened because of Hitler. Some major technological advances happened on his watch..

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
It's getting to the point Democrats will be able to phone in future elections and still win. The GOP is self destructing.
<quoted text>
Don't lookit me, I don't like any of 'em.

I'm either a Libertarian extremist or a moderate Anarchist - there's a wee overlap in there somewhere.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

...some atheists seem to take Hitler promises and statement as valid.
"The Sudetenland] is the last territorial claim that I have to make in Europe."

Amusing atheist fantasies regarding Hitler.
Still no scientific evidence for atheism

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Him being a genocidal maniac against those he called Christ Killers tends to have that effect.

I was watching something on A n E I think and it was showing some of the Nazi inventions. Certainly they had some creative ideas.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>The Hitler position is interesting yet pointless. His religion matters little. The most interesting thing that I find is that nobody mentions the "good" things that happened because of Hitler. Some major technological advances happened on his watch..
Tender Pork

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Normal" is not accepted here.
God will likely destroy you all in an earthquake. How endowed will you be then?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Tender Pork wrote:
<quoted text> God will likely destroy you all in an earthquake. How endowed will you be then?
You think god causes earthquakes? How idiotic would you have to be to worship a deity that killed maimed and injured tiny children who have no crime, nor evil in their heart? Earthquakes have no deity to control them , them being an ignorant geophysical event and thanks for that. For if there were a reason as such, then there would be a god to slay, as humans do not tolerate the killing of children.
This is admonished mind you, as the greatest evil.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

There are about 200 earthquakes over M2.5 every week, about 30 of which are strong enough to cause at least minor damage if they occur on land an in populated areas. This has been going on for millennia, but only over the course of the twentieth century was the technological network developed to detect them. A few each year cause enough damage to make headlines, and for those who don't follow seismic events, their rarity masks the constant underlying activity.

Over the last 30 days, there have been 98 earthquakes that measured M5.0 or greater. The whole "God is gonna getcha with an earthquake" threat is laughable.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/
Tender Pork

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
There are about 200 earthquakes over M2.5 every week, about 30 of which are strong enough to cause at least minor damage if they occur on land an in populated areas. This has been going on for millennia, but only over the course of the twentieth century was the technological network developed to detect them. A few each year cause enough damage to make headlines, and for those who don't follow seismic events, their rarity masks the constant underlying activity.
Over the last 30 days, there have been 98 earthquakes that measured M5.0 or greater. The whole "God is gonna getcha with an earthquake" threat is laughable.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/
Its laughable that you dont realise how in "total" control God is. Every hair on your head is counted every snow flake is created every star is named and every earthquake is commanded. But humans like you act quizical because you're right up there on par with an all powerful ancient deity.
Tender Pork

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You think god causes earthquakes? How idiotic would you have to be to worship a deity that killed maimed and injured tiny children who have no crime, nor evil in their heart? Earthquakes have no deity to control them , them being an ignorant geophysical event and thanks for that. For if there were a reason as such, then there would be a god to slay, as humans do not tolerate the killing of children.
This is admonished mind you, as the greatest evil.
You're very dumb. Very limited in understanding.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Tender Pork wrote:
<quoted text> Its laughable that you dont realise how in "total" control God is. Every hair on your head is counted every snow flake is created every star is named and every earthquake is commanded. But humans like you act quizical because you're right up there on par with an all powerful ancient deity.
Right! Screw him and his "facts" and his "knowledge." You and I, brother, we know that god only makes it *appear* as if earthquakes are a regular event, so that he might cull from the herd those who are weak of faith. Only a FOOL would think that god doesn't sit up in the sky, calling down earthquakes at will.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Tender Pork wrote:
<quoted text> You're very dumb. Very limited in understanding.
That is possible, but with all due respect maestro, I'm not the one with the superstitious belief that a deity is in control of of plate tectonics and the atomic decay inside Earth.
It doesn't take a genius to understand atomic decay the ring of fire, the creation and subduction of the plates , continental drift magma pressure changes and fault slips are what causes Earthquakes.
Aside from the occasional miniquakes created from the extraction of oil that is. But you're welcome to fantasize about your hero being the reason, like some primitive Asian island tribes still do.
Tender pork

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dude, life here in Socal rocks.
At least for those of us who are well endowed.
"Gayness" will not be mandatory (watch your spelling), but accepted as normal and it doesn't harm you in any way.
My invite stands btw.
something aint right about you catcher. Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In most states, no. You need a prosecution and a conviction.
Send me a cashier's check for $250.(Highly discounted rate by the way.)
Correct.

...$250??

Did you think I was asking for a blow-job with it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

697 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Krackerjacks 115,116
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Holy dr Shrink 599,074
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min dirty white boy- 720,560
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Regina 532,798
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 24 min lisw 172,402
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Charlie Sheen 256,524
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 35 min Naveen kumar 4,804
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Reshi 76
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••