Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#162858 Apr 1, 2013
No pretending needed. He closed the German atheists and have their building an property to the Catholic Church.

He said.. I believe today my conduct is in accordance with the almighty creator.

I fell down on my knees and thanked heaven with an overflowing heart.

I could go on and on with Hitler's hundreds if not thousands of public an private statements of his deep faith in god. Each nazi belt buckle said God with us. He actually hated the Russians for having so many atheists and called them foul godless creatures and even proclaimed that after conquering Russia one of his first acts would be to indoctrinate the Russian masses into Christianity.

And most telling is when Hitler joyously proclaimed. There are no more Atheists in Germany!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>The fact is that you atheists love to pretend that Hitler was a Christian.

Another fact is, Hitler lied about everything so he'd get elected.
Imhotep

United States

#162859 Apr 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Derp.
Of course Hitler is gonna talk about The Lord. In the 1920's NOBODY got elected into politics without using God as a reference.
Hitler hated Christianity and all it represented. He hated Jews even more.
But I don't expect you to listen to reason...
Goodwins Law evoked!

Christians get so defensive about Hitler! ;)

You make lots of assertions none of which are backed up by any serious evidence.

I don't think you know to much about Herr Hitlers religiosity which remains quite obvious from what you post.

"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad."
ALDOUS HUXLEY
Imhotep

United States

#162860 Apr 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts?
RR don't need no steenking facts.
Facts are something this individual is unfamiliar with!

Barnum made millions off people like this his quote 'sucker is born every minute' applies

Lexington, KY

#162861 Apr 1, 2013
Which is why we have so many suckers errr theists today.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Facts are something this individual is unfamiliar with!

Barnum made millions off people like this his quote 'sucker is born every minute' applies

Lexington, KY

#162862 Apr 1, 2013
Or a stinking high school education equivalent!
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Facts?

RR don't need no steenking facts.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#162863 Apr 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Which is why we have so many suckers errr theists today.
<quoted text>

TOPIX should provide a Godbot filter for the atheist forums. Icon to indicate Godbot.

Something intuitive that automatically sends the Godbot to a robust religious site or creates a new thread for them.

Click Icon > select 'reply' > (site to transfer to) > BEGONE SATAN!

:)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162864 Apr 1, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler outlawed atheism and loved Martin Luther's antisemitic texts and once a catholic always a catholic -- catholic church
Ya, he banned atheism but at least he didn't slaughter 6 million if you. He hated Jews and he hated Christians and Christianity.

"once a catholic always a catholic"?? Really? Why don't you talk to some of the "ex-Christians" here on Topix.

Tell them that.

It's funny how some of you brag that you used to be religious but aren't anymore, but you can't fathom that Hitler was the same...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162865 Apr 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
No pretending needed. He closed the German atheists and have their building an property to the Catholic Church.
He said.. I believe today my conduct is in accordance with the almighty creator.
I fell down on my knees and thanked heaven with an overflowing heart.
I could go on and on with Hitler's hundreds if not thousands of public an private statements of his deep faith in god. Each nazi belt buckle said God with us. He actually hated the Russians for having so many atheists and called them foul godless creatures and even proclaimed that after conquering Russia one of his first acts would be to indoctrinate the Russian masses into Christianity.
And most telling is when Hitler joyously proclaimed. There are no more Atheists in Germany!
<quoted text>
Well of course, he was pandering to a religious public. He needed their votes.

Ever bother to look at his private statements about Christianity post-1940?

I doubt it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162866 Apr 1, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodwins Law evoked!
Christians get so defensive about Hitler! ;)
You make lots of assertions none of which are backed up by any serious evidence.
I don't think you know to much about Herr Hitlers religiosity which remains quite obvious from what you post.
"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad."
ALDOUS HUXLEY
<cough>

You make lots of assertions none of which are backed up by any serious evidence...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162867 Apr 1, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
TOPIX should provide a Godbot filter for the atheist forums. Icon to indicate Godbot.
Something intuitive that automatically sends the Godbot to a robust religious site or creates a new thread for them.
Click Icon > select 'reply' > (site to transfer to) > BEGONE SATAN!
:)
WTF? Are you three having an atheist circle jerk or something?

HA HA HA
Imhotep

United States

#162868 Apr 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<cough>
You make lots of assertions none of which are backed up by any serious evidence...
How long have you had Tourette's syndrome?
Have you noticed your ratings?
At least they are consistent!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162869 Apr 1, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
How long have you had Tourette's syndrome?
Have you noticed your ratings?
At least they are consistent!
Like I give a shit about ratings....

Besides, I can't even see them. I'm on an iPhone.
Imhotep

United States

#162870 Apr 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I give a shit about ratings....
Besides, I can't even see them. I'm on an iPhone.
That is indeed fortunate for you.
Ignorance is bliss...

Lexington, KY

#162871 Apr 1, 2013
You have nothing, he never renounced his Christianity, ever. He banned atheism and even gave atheist property to the church.

You lose.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Ya, he banned atheism but at least he didn't slaughter 6 million if you. He hated Jews and he hated Christians and Christianity.

"once a catholic always a catholic"?? Really? Why don't you talk to some of the "ex-Christians" here on Topix.

Tell them that.

It's funny how some of you brag that you used to be religious but aren't anymore, but you can't fathom that Hitler was the same...

Lexington, KY

#162872 Apr 1, 2013
I have read his few comments of frustration towards certain Christians.

Which are meaningless compared to his actions and plans for the future including indoctrinating what he called those Russian atheists and converting them to Christianity.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Well of course, he was pandering to a religious public. He needed their votes.

Ever bother to look at his private statements about Christianity post-1940?

I doubt it.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#162874 Apr 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you be my boyfriend yet?
bla bla bla...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162875 Apr 1, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
That is indeed fortunate for you.
Ignorance is bliss...
I assume you're talking a out the judgeits.

I've never cared about the judgeits.

Only losers like you do.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162876 Apr 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You have nothing, he never renounced his Christianity, ever. He banned atheism and even gave atheist property to the church.
You lose.
<quoted text>
The loser speaks too soon.....

"The adult Adolf Hitler was a rationalist and a materialist, who saw Christianity as a religion fit for slaves, and a rebellion against the natural law of selection and survival of the fittest.[1] Raised a Catholic, Hitler had some respect for the 'great position' of that church, but became deeply hostile to its teachings.[2] In office, Hitler sought to control the German Churches through Gleichschaltung and sought to eliminate Judaism by all means possible."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_view...

=====

I doubt you'll read it. It might hurt your ignorant standpoint of Hitler.

But a person that wants to "eliminate Judaism by all means possible" is not a Christian. Not by any means.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162877 Apr 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I have read his few comments of frustration towards certain Christians.
Which are meaningless compared to his actions and plans for the future including indoctrinating what he called those Russian atheists and converting them to Christianity.
<quoted text>
I knew it.

You choose to remain ignorant.

"Many historians say that Hitler had a general covert plan, which some say existed even before the Nazis' rise to power, to destroy Christianity within the Reich, which was to be accomplished through control and subversion of the churches and to be completed after the war."

From the same wiki page.

But go on, keep your eyes squeezed shut & keep your fingers in your ears and keep saying LA LA LA....

If that works for ya.

You f_cking retard.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#162878 Apr 1, 2013
Wikipedia isn't usefull as evidence (everyone can make changes)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min truth 554,258
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min Just Wondering 603,397
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min WildWeirdWillie 174,887
Last Word + 2 36 min andet1987 930
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min Stilgar Fifrawi 762,392
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 38 min andet1987 1,242
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 45 min andet1987 4,393
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 49 min Charlie Sheen 263,151
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 hr Johnny 4,120

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE