Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161870 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you wouldn't let it go.
Or maybe you forgot, it was 24 hours ago after all...
Page 7777, yesterday.
TheBlackSheep | Friday
No shit, genesis! The "artificially coloring" is there in place of numbers so that you can easily see the pattern. Much like a sales chart.
Really, are you that stupid? Are you so stupid that you could not figure out what was meant? LOL! Your IQ must be about 72. Not low enough to put you in a home, but not smart enough to figure that out. LOL!
Reply
Report this post
=====
HA HA !!
"No shit, genesis".......
Again, aren't you tired of being wrong?
Riversides lack of expertise is now trying to find expertise in IQ measuring.

Since: Sep 08

La Junta, CO

#161871 Mar 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha hah, you're funny.
That could be true in a small way, but hardly connectable except in a twisted way.
"Contemporary opinion
Main article: Illuminati

John Robison, a professor of natural philosophy at Edinburgh University in Scotland and a member of a Freemason Lodge there, said he had been asked to join the Illuminati. After consideration he concluded that the Illuminati were not for him. In 1798 he published a book called Proofs of a Conspiracy in which he wrote: "An association has been formed for the express purposes of rooting out all the religious establishments and overturning all existing governments ... the leaders would rule the World with uncontrollable power, while all the rest would be employed as tools of the ambition of their unknown superiors." This book was sent to George Washington, who replied:

It was not my intention to doubt that, the Doctrines of the Illuminati, and principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more truly satisfied of this fact than I am. The idea that I meant to convey, was, that I did not believe that the Lodges of Free Masons in this Country had, as Societies, endeavoured to propagate the diabolical tenets of the first, or pernicious principles of the latter (if they are susceptible of separation)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Weishaupt

Sounds like the nutcase liberals of today to me. They want to change everything.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161872 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I barely even dabble in those areas. I have interest, but no formal or informal education in any of those. You?
LOL, if you didn't get a highschool diploma in physics, or austronomy, consmology, or maths, I wonder what. Was it a Bible diploma from a biased cherrypicking college?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161873 Mar 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I guess once you get past his racism, bigotry and intolerance of anyone not like him quoting his fox news talking points Dave is probably a great old senile guy.
<quoted text>
Nah, he's probably middle aged.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161874 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Astrology & physics aren't the only means of acquiring intelligence, athibot.
And yet you have zero maths knowledge.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161875 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. That's one way of acquiring knowledge...
But not the only way.
I hafta LOL at what you think you "know" about the universe.
How do you know God?

Obviously emotions CAN be described, if you at least have basic adult mentality.

Obviously you don't know yourself unfortunately, and are stuck between a limbo where you have to lie to yourself, because you are a mystery, that you try to avoid.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#161876 Mar 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How was that? Since you didn't pay attention in algebra, especially letters in algebra, and calculas.
How well did you do?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#161877 Mar 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Sounds like the nutcase liberals of today to me. They want to change everything.
The times, they are achanging.

You are no longer anything more than a relic.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161878 Mar 24, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
How well did you do?
How did you know I was on this thread?

Since: Sep 08

La Junta, CO

#161879 Mar 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The times, they are achanging.
You are no longer anything more than a relic.
When it catches up to you, reality is going to shatter you like glass.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#161880 Mar 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Contemporary opinion
Main article: Illuminati
John Robison, a professor of natural philosophy at Edinburgh University in Scotland and a member of a Freemason Lodge there, said he had been asked to join the Illuminati. After consideration he concluded that the Illuminati were not for him. In 1798 he published a book called Proofs of a Conspiracy in which he wrote: "An association has been formed for the express purposes of rooting out all the religious establishments and overturning all existing governments ... the leaders would rule the World with uncontrollable power, while all the rest would be employed as tools of the ambition of their unknown superiors." This book was sent to George Washington, who replied:
It was not my intention to doubt that, the Doctrines of the Illuminati, and principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more truly satisfied of this fact than I am. The idea that I meant to convey, was, that I did not believe that the Lodges of Free Masons in this Country had, as Societies, endeavoured to propagate the diabolical tenets of the first, or pernicious principles of the latter (if they are susceptible of separation)."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Weishaupt
Sounds like the nutcase liberals of today to me. They want to change everything.
Pfft. Weishaupt was a parvenu, and committed vast misinterpretations.

"The Illuminati were founded by Joachim of Flores in the 11th century, and originally taught a primitive Christian doctrine of poverty and equality, but later under the leadership of Fra Dolcino in the 15th century,, they became violent, plundered the rich and announced the imminent reign of the Spirit." - Jacques Ellul, "Violence".
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161881 Mar 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
When it catches up to you, reality is going to shatter you like glass.
I don't think he's young, unfortunately, he's living in a fantasy.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#161882 Mar 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
When it catches up to you, reality is going to shatter you like glass.
Reality isn't going to catch up to me.

I'm enjoying today's reality; your world is a thing of the past.

Reality has passed you by, and you don't even know it.

It is sometimes said that there are three types of people: those who make things happen, those who sit and watch things happen, and those who are always standing around asking, "What happened"?

Dave, you're in that third category.

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#161883 Mar 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality isn't going to catch up to me.
I'm enjoying today's reality; your world is a thing of the past.
Reality has passed you by, and you don't even know it.
It is sometimes said that there are three types of people: those who make things happen, those who sit and watch things happen, and those who are always standing around asking, "What happened"?
Dave, you're in that third category.
Sounds to me pretty much human to be all three, just not at the same time.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#161884 Mar 24, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
The Evangelical Atheist parallels with religious fundamentalism are obvious and startling: the conviction that they are in sole possession of truth , the troubling lack of tolerance for the views of their critics and the fact that atheists can never prove their view.
Atheists don't have a view, at least not a view on what you are referring to. Atheism is the absence of a belief; not a belief.

There are likely as many different views on other aspects of the human condition as there are atheists, because aside from not having a belief in any of the many deities that some men believe in we don't really know from the word atheist about anything that they might believe or think.

That believers seem to want to characterize 'atheists' by some definition that describes them, is not understanding what the word atheist means.

If asked I would probably say that I am an atheist, but along with not having a belief in any of the many various gods that man has believed in or still believes in today, I am also not a deep sea diver.

Can you describe other things that I do or believe in because I cannot be called a deep sea diver? Do non deep sea divers follow a certain creed or have a specific book of laws they follow?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#161885 Mar 24, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists despite all the functions offered to them such as the world of academia, universities, technology and like cannot come up with one physical experiment that can produce physical results that can be measured or replicated.
All they come up with is giant theories with giant budgets which are nothing more than giant opinions which end up requiring giant media spin and hype to appear acceptable to the public and even then they play word games of semantics and dialectic to confuse people or make them apathetic.
They claim everything came from nothing, just think about it...no oxygen, no light, no dirt, nothing....and that it came from its own accord.
They will say that it came about by chance, but even chance can be measured in a matter of odds whether it be 100000000000000000 to 1 or 2 to 1. This implies the use of mathematics and 'nothing' cannot use mathematics on its own accord because it is .....well....nothing!
Only an intelligence can use mathematics as part of whatever equation it uses to decide to bring about 'something'.
So what was the intelligence that existed before creation as we know it?
There can be only one answer..... GOD ..!
Wow, you really blew it with that explanation. It is the believers in God that claim that everything came from nothing. What atheists believe we don't know except if we ask any individual atheist about his beliefs.

What on earth has not having any belief in any invisible deity got to do with what an atheist might think about various things of nature and science?

Those giant theories you mention though are based a lot on actual things that man has discovered about the universe and proved to be true or to exist. Scientists may start from imagination in order to come up with a theory about something, but before they believe in it they would have to do all kinds of testing, experimenting, proving, etc.

You wouldn't have been able to type your post and have it available to everyone in the world who has access to a computer, if it was not for the work that science does.

If man had never ventured into science, and had only followed the writings of some ancient peoples about their imagined gods, how advanced do you think civilization would be today?

“unintelligible ”

Since: Mar 13

Gobi Desert, Outer Mongolia

#161886 Mar 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
When it catches up to you, reality is going to shatter you like glass.
Reality beats religion every time.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#161887 Mar 24, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be a teacher so do you claim to be knowledgeable about math and physics?
If so then you should be able to shoot me down in 5 seconds, but you dont. You just post stupid crap like this because you cant prove me wrong....all you are is just another left wing teacher who takes kids in the school and sends them out dumber than they went in and indoctrinates them with atheism and a sense of entitlement.
You are truly a parasite bitchard.
Actually I am letting you shoot yourself down.

With each and every post you are an embarrassment to OZ, an embarrassment to your religion and an embarrassment to yourself.

Your irrational, vile, hate filled posts only do harm to your cause. No self respecting man, woman or child would want to following in your foot steps.

But please, go ahead and have another meltdown because all they do is show the world the hatred that is your religion.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#161888 Mar 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
When it catches up to you, reality is going to shatter you like glass.
So in the intrest of justice catcher will get caught bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha priceless!
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#161889 Mar 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality isn't going to catch up to me.
I'm enjoying today's reality; your world is a thing of the past.
Reality has passed you by, and you don't even know it.
It is sometimes said that there are three types of people: those who make things happen, those who sit and watch things happen, and those who are always standing around asking, "What happened"?
Dave, you're in that third category.
I disagree. You should have learned to respect your elders. Dave is the sharpest tool in this topix shed,perhaps you are jealous?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min BenAdam 808,605
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min confrinting with ... 573,548
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Rick in Kansas 268,768
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 23 min RAM 37
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 27 min End Times 608,095
Now Obama's Christianity has been placed in doubt 52 min Responsibility 34
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 1 hr dubaimassage 200
More from around the web