Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,771)

Showing posts 155,401 - 155,420 of223,947
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
TV rots the brain. The desire to be entertained overcomes the need to think. That opens the door for others to guide your thinking.
Careful, your head may start hurting as you wean yourself from TV. In time you may even discover that those science shows are also just indoctrination packaged as entertainment.
Get some magnets, rocks, and string. Get some drawing materials and play with geometry.
Now we know what happened to you.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
TV rots the brain. The desire to be entertained overcomes the need to think. That opens the door for others to guide your thinking.
Careful, your head may start hurting as you wean yourself from TV. In time you may even discover that those science shows are also just indoctrination packaged as entertainment.
Get some magnets, rocks, and string. Get some drawing materials and play with geometry.
It depends. Watching TV too much rots the brain. Perhaps watching TV then taking breaks to think about what you have watched might be more stimulating and more healthy.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
Dave describes the typical topix atheist quite well. I however describe them much more truthfully. My description includes but is not limited to the following. Perfidious, dishonest , prevaricating, disgruntled, obstreperous, rote learned pedants who are likely involved in some form of deviancy.
Yes, you do a more accurate description of them. I have this issue from childhood about trying to be gracious and understanding, which gets in the way of really telling things the way they are. I hope to overcome that disability in my advanced years.

They are effed up in the head, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends. Watching TV too much rots the brain. Perhaps watching TV then taking breaks to think about what you have watched might be more stimulating and more healthy.
You need a counter balance to do that thinking. If you just watch and think about what you watched, then you don't really have an alternative perspective, That is why hobbies or something that gets you into more hands on experience in life is important.

It takes time to digest things you "learn".

Being dumb and letting others pour things into your head is dumb. But it is something people do.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you do a more accurate description of them. I have this issue from childhood about trying to be gracious and understanding, which gets in the way of really telling things the way they are. I hope to overcome that disability in my advanced years.
They are effed up in the head, too.
Unfortunately, they won't leave so easily. Problems usually stick for years.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a counter balance to do that thinking. If you just watch and think about what you watched, then you don't really have an alternative perspective, That is why hobbies or something that gets you into more hands on experience in life is important.
It takes time to digest things you "learn".
Being dumb and letting others pour things into your head is dumb. But it is something people do.
I suppose so. Replacing TV with interaction with other people is a big mistake to make. TV is probably best spent only up to 2 hours in my opinion.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I spent a lot of time trying to trisect an angle.

Does that count?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose so. Replacing TV with interaction with other people is a big mistake to make. TV is probably best spent only up to 2 hours in my opinion.
This existence is the interaction of spirits. It is a playground, a break from doing nothing for eternity. There is good and bad in it, but it is better than nothing.

The mass media dehumanizes the living experience. It turns existence into a formula you are supposed to follow. No real individuality, and this formula is determined by a few. Who make money off of it. No one expends the money required to produce such things unless there is reward in it for them. It isn't, or wasn't before the pros got into it, a grand conspiracy, but just the way things worked out. It is being taken advantage of now by those with the axes to grind. The internet is the last great hope to keep humans from becoming a machine of just existing to serve the few..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that count?
A start. Try measuring volumes and expanding those shapes, especially adding them together and figuring volumes. Look for that perfect center line. After a while you will see the difference between the true physical world and the math illusional one. Putting that math to paper as drawings turns the mental into the physical.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that count?
But you achieved nothing else, due to your lack of intellect. Your work must be very unintuitive.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
This existence is the interaction of spirits. It is a playground, a break from doing nothing for eternity. There is good and bad in it, but it is better than nothing.
The mass media dehumanizes the living experience. It turns existence into a formula you are supposed to follow. No real individuality, and this formula is determined by a few. Who make money off of it. No one expends the money required to produce such things unless there is reward in it for them. It isn't, or wasn't before the pros got into it, a grand conspiracy, but just the way things worked out. It is being taken advantage of now by those with the axes to grind. The internet is the last great hope to keep humans from becoming a machine of just existing to serve the few..
I don't watch much TV, but the internet is probably a very good alternative. I would pick it over the TV anyday.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Yup in fact he cheered Moore on his sicko documentary even having Fox News give it a glowing review.

Do some hunting around you can find them chilling and eating dinner together.

The old goon is a businessman in it to make a buck. He flat out said he built Fox News because he thought there was a niche market for wing nuts. Not to mention his wife leans about as far left as you could imagine.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>You've got a good point.

Fox also airs he Simpsons, Family Guy Nd American Dad which regularly lampoon the right wing and religion.

You sure about that Michael Moore thing?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

The Evangelical Atheist parallels with religious fundamentalism are obvious and startling: the conviction that they are in sole possession of truth , the troubling lack of tolerance for the views of their critics and the fact that atheists can never prove their view.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
The Evangelical Atheist parallels with religious fundamentalism are obvious and startling: the conviction that they are in sole possession of truth , the troubling lack of tolerance for the views of their critics and the fact that atheists can never prove their view.
Same coin.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Props? Anyone who loses a leg gets a huge verdict. Hopefully there is enough financial security to actually ever pay it.
Liability must first be proved, dude.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A start. Try measuring volumes and expanding those shapes, especially adding them together and figuring volumes. Look for that perfect center line. After a while you will see the difference between the true physical world and the math illusional one. Putting that math to paper as drawings turns the mental into the physical.
To be less vague. Doing that sort of thing introduces the idea of separateness within a whole. That perfect centerline dividing something larger. It is a shared line when dividing, but when you add two shapes of the same theoretical volume, they can't merge, You have two theoretical lines adjacent to each other. That is the clean math stuff. Reality is a lot fuzzier. There is no clean math explanation for existence.

Even your "particles" are really fuzzballs. Swirling energy, not "hard" and clean lined "objects".
Jimmy

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
To be less vague. Doing that sort of thing introduces the idea of separateness within a whole. That perfect centerline dividing something larger. It is a shared line when dividing, but when you add two shapes of the same theoretical volume, they can't merge, You have two theoretical lines adjacent to each other. That is the clean math stuff. Reality is a lot fuzzier. There is no clean math explanation for existence.
Even your "particles" are really fuzzballs. Swirling energy, not "hard" and clean lined "objects".
All theist lies from a creationist who doesn't have any proof of god.

Do the world a favour and stop pretending to talk about science, grow some balls like a real man and prove your god.

Pansy ass theist twit.
Jimmy

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
You have no proof of god theist, just sit down and sh*t the f*ck up that is all you are good for on this planet.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof of god theist, just sit down and sh*t the f*ck up that is all you are good for on this planet.
Be quiet my young apprentice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
All theist lies from a creationist who doesn't have any proof of god.
Do the world a favour and stop pretending to talk about science, grow some balls like a real man and prove your god.
Pansy ass theist twit.
Amusing.

Go stick you head back into the tube and gain some more knowledge. They will tell you how smart you are for understanding the world as they tell you it is.

No one else will tell you that you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,401 - 155,420 of223,947
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

575 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Uzi 114,926
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Oxbow 532,117
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min UIDIOTRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,151
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min nanoanomaly 719,689
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 min Naveen kumar 4,441
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Toby 93,623
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min WasteWater 256,302
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••