Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
155,381 - 155,400 of 224,371 Comments Last updated 23 min ago

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161622
Mar 22, 2013
 
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
If you ever go on a 5K run... dress for the occasion.

Brrrrr!
Space suits are really hard to run in.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161623
Mar 22, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>My buddy on Facebook has said that he doesn't think Rush as well as most of the Fox News people even believe the crap they say. That it's all about making money from giving yokels what they want.
I don't know.

It's kind of a Poe situation.

If they're doing that, they're damn good actors.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161624
Mar 22, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA HA HA !!!!
That's f_cking hilarious.
YOU are calling me stupid?
WTF is "No shit, genesis" ???
HA HA HA !!
Thanks.
Yeah, that is funny! Most stupid, but harmless, mistakes are.

"artificially colored", was stupid! LOL!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161625
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence.

Repeat after me.

Evidence.

God.

No God.

Where's your evidence?
Not that you would accept this as evidence, but...

http://www.clergyproject.org/news/

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161626
Mar 22, 2013
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The word creativity is noted.
Yes, the practice of law, at its best, is an art.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161627
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the practice of law, at its best, is an art.
It isn't supposed to be art. Art is subjective and arbitrary.

People's lives depend on the games you play with the law. More than those you get paid to defend, or cause you champion.

Have some cold weather for the next few days. I feel a warm cave calling me.

Goodnight.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161628
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't supposed to be art. Art is subjective and arbitrary.
People's lives depend on the games you play with the law. More than those you get paid to defend, or cause you champion.
Have some cold weather for the next few days. I feel a warm cave calling me.
Goodnight.
Creativity is critical to a successful trial (and even appellate) practice. And for trial practice, a bit of theater and suspense can be a great aid. As an example: An attorney was representing a plaintiff in a tort case. The plaintiff had lost a leg. For several sessions, the attorney brought a wooden box, long, rectangular and a few feet long, to the courtroom. Never mentioned it. He won a huge verdict.

70s here.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161629
Mar 22, 2013
 
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Space suits are really hard to run in.
Scientists say those giant, bulky suits actually make running easier and walking more difficult on the moon.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/08/spa...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161630
Mar 22, 2013
 
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the practice of law, at its best, is an art.
He works for Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161633
Mar 22, 2013
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
He works for Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.
I litigated a case against the Stonewall Insurance Company.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161635
Mar 22, 2013
 
Crazy old topix theists.

You could drink NyQuil and still outwit them.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161636
Mar 22, 2013
 
Well if someone came to me and said, put on a show talking up preprinted GOP talking points for 8 million a year!

I would be like... 8 million a year you say?

The owner of Fox News, old man Murdoch eats dinner and plays golf with Ted Turner and Michael Moore for Pete's sake. His wife is anything but right wing.

Who knows but lots of money makes people do stupid stuff. Did you know Rush never voted for Reagan? Strange enough but true.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know.

It's kind of a Poe situation.

If they're doing that, they're damn good actors.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161637
Mar 23, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Well if someone came to me and said, put on a show talking up preprinted GOP talking points for 8 million a year!

I would be like... 8 million a year you say?

The owner of Fox News, old man Murdoch eats dinner and plays golf with Ted Turner and Michael Moore for Pete's sake. His wife is anything but right wing.

Who knows but lots of money makes people do stupid stuff. Did you know Rush never voted for Reagan? Strange enough but true.
You've got a good point.

Fox also airs he Simpsons, Family Guy Nd American Dad which regularly lampoon the right wing and religion.

You sure about that Michael Moore thing?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161638
Mar 23, 2013
 
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got a good point.
Fox also airs he Simpsons, Family Guy Nd American Dad which regularly lampoon the right wing and religion.
You sure about that Michael Moore thing?
Only a small portion of the Fox network are unhinged whackjobs. They just keep those whackjobs for the ratings, insanity and doom sell, if they just aired what's really going on, people would get bored and stop watching TV.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161639
Mar 23, 2013
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Only a small portion of the Fox network are unhinged whackjobs. They just keep those whackjobs for the ratings, insanity and doom sell, if they just aired what's really going on, people would get bored and stop watching TV.
Good news is no news.

I've always wondered why it is that people complain about violence on tv, but that's all they want to watch.

I dumped cable when I lost my job and now I've discovered that the kind of shows I really like-science shows-are all available on the Internet.

I can still watch them on my 52" HD tv through my PS3.

I'm saving over $200 a month and getting better quality programming.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161640
Mar 23, 2013
 
Faux the libertarian friend.
Why do all libertarians work for the government?
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161641
Mar 23, 2013
 
All liberals are lazy, the libertarians and conservatives do the work for them.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161642
Mar 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Good news is no news.
I've always wondered why it is that people complain about violence on tv, but that's all they want to watch.
I dumped cable when I lost my job and now I've discovered that the kind of shows I really like-science shows-are all available on the Internet.
I can still watch them on my 52" HD tv through my PS3.
I'm saving over $200 a month and getting better quality programming.
TV rots the brain. The desire to be entertained overcomes the need to think. That opens the door for others to guide your thinking.

Careful, your head may start hurting as you wean yourself from TV. In time you may even discover that those science shows are also just indoctrination packaged as entertainment.

Get some magnets, rocks, and string. Get some drawing materials and play with geometry.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161643
Mar 23, 2013
 
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Creativity is critical to a successful trial (and even appellate) practice. And for trial practice, a bit of theater and suspense can be a great aid. As an example: An attorney was representing a plaintiff in a tort case. The plaintiff had lost a leg. For several sessions, the attorney brought a wooden box, long, rectangular and a few feet long, to the courtroom. Never mentioned it. He won a huge verdict.
70s here.
Props? Anyone who loses a leg gets a huge verdict. Hopefully there is enough financial security to actually ever pay it.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161644
Mar 23, 2013
 
Dave describes the typical topix atheist quite well. I however describe them much more truthfully. My description includes but is not limited to the following. Perfidious, dishonest , prevaricating, disgruntled, obstreperous, rote learned pedants who are likely involved in some form of deviancy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

748 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Uzi 115,323
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 256,701
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min pusherman_ 721,280
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 min Miki 81
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min KayMarie 532,953
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 18 min andet1987 3,979
Healthy & GOT c@ndomz ready? 26 min deepkuhratcha 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••