Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243464 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Lincoln

United States

#161658 Mar 23, 2013
The Evangelical Atheist parallels with religious fundamentalism are obvious and startling: the conviction that they are in sole possession of truth , the troubling lack of tolerance for the views of their critics and the fact that atheists can never prove their view.

Since: Sep 08

La Junta, CO

#161659 Mar 23, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
The Evangelical Atheist parallels with religious fundamentalism are obvious and startling: the conviction that they are in sole possession of truth , the troubling lack of tolerance for the views of their critics and the fact that atheists can never prove their view.
Same coin.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#161660 Mar 23, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Props? Anyone who loses a leg gets a huge verdict. Hopefully there is enough financial security to actually ever pay it.
Liability must first be proved, dude.

La Junta, CO

#161661 Mar 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A start. Try measuring volumes and expanding those shapes, especially adding them together and figuring volumes. Look for that perfect center line. After a while you will see the difference between the true physical world and the math illusional one. Putting that math to paper as drawings turns the mental into the physical.
To be less vague. Doing that sort of thing introduces the idea of separateness within a whole. That perfect centerline dividing something larger. It is a shared line when dividing, but when you add two shapes of the same theoretical volume, they can't merge, You have two theoretical lines adjacent to each other. That is the clean math stuff. Reality is a lot fuzzier. There is no clean math explanation for existence.

Even your "particles" are really fuzzballs. Swirling energy, not "hard" and clean lined "objects".
Jimmy

London, UK

#161662 Mar 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
To be less vague. Doing that sort of thing introduces the idea of separateness within a whole. That perfect centerline dividing something larger. It is a shared line when dividing, but when you add two shapes of the same theoretical volume, they can't merge, You have two theoretical lines adjacent to each other. That is the clean math stuff. Reality is a lot fuzzier. There is no clean math explanation for existence.
Even your "particles" are really fuzzballs. Swirling energy, not "hard" and clean lined "objects".
All theist lies from a creationist who doesn't have any proof of god.

Do the world a favour and stop pretending to talk about science, grow some balls like a real man and prove your god.

Pansy ass theist twit.
Jimmy

London, UK

#161663 Mar 23, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
You have no proof of god theist, just sit down and sh*t the f*ck up that is all you are good for on this planet.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161665 Mar 23, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof of god theist, just sit down and sh*t the f*ck up that is all you are good for on this planet.
Be quiet my young apprentice.

La Junta, CO

#161666 Mar 23, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
All theist lies from a creationist who doesn't have any proof of god.
Do the world a favour and stop pretending to talk about science, grow some balls like a real man and prove your god.
Pansy ass theist twit.
Amusing.

Go stick you head back into the tube and gain some more knowledge. They will tell you how smart you are for understanding the world as they tell you it is.

No one else will tell you that you are.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161667 Mar 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
Go stick you head back into the tube and gain some more knowledge. They will tell you how smart you are for understanding the world as they tell you it is.
No one else will tell you that you are.
Atheists are naive and aren't out of their juvenile tunnel yet!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161668 Mar 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Thereby admitting your previous statement was indeed way off the mark. See how stupid your previous statement sounded now?
I mean seriously you really sounded ignorant back there.
I think often you type in anger because we are factually destroying you so much, and that leads to so many of your major melt downs. I pity you actually. If this was high school you would be the LD kid barely keeping up with division, arguing math theory with kids in calculus II.
<quoted text>
Hold on a second here...

You think?!?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161669 Mar 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Sorry god is your standpoint in the debate. You are the one who needs to make the case that he exists.
No I don't.

You're the one that's doubting.

You need to find answers to your own doubts.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161670 Mar 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't admonish liars.
Limbaugh isn't a liar.

He's smart & spells out capitalism in a clear cut way that losses you off.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161671 Mar 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Superman, Underdog, and The Jetsons can shown to be literal true accounts if we allow special pleadings to be admissible.
Seriously, dude... You're reaching.

'_'

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161672 Mar 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence.
Repeat after me.
Evidence.
God.
No God.
Where's your evidence?
<quoted text>
mhmmm...
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...
Since you two seem to be so hell-bent on proof, logic would dictate that you keep your minds open that God *might* exist unless proven otherwise.

But you don't.

You've come to your own irrational conclusions, without proof.

Way to go, "freethinker"...
Atheists Are Not Real

Sicklerville, NJ

#161673 Mar 23, 2013
Every person naturally knows that we came from somewhere they can't understand. Not giving God his due for the impossible (in human terms) existence is their first mistake. Instead they busy themselves with proving that something CAN come from nothing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161674 Mar 23, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Limbaugh doesn't scare me.
The people who listen to him do.
Why?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161675 Mar 23, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
An evidence, or lack thereof, based opinion.
Wow.

You admit it's your opinion.

There's a first.

La Junta, CO

#161676 Mar 23, 2013
Atheists Are Not Real wrote:
Every person naturally knows that we came from somewhere they can't understand. Not giving God his due for the impossible (in human terms) existence is their first mistake. Instead they busy themselves with proving that something CAN come from nothing.

They try to justify themselves.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161677 Mar 23, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... No. The bible cannot prove itself to be true, but it can prove itself to be false. I know; it sounds so unfair, but that is just the way it is.
Ya, I've heard.

...because you say so.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#161678 Mar 23, 2013
Atheists Are Not Real wrote:
You are exactly wrong in your premise.
Example of truth:

Every scientist knows that,
we came from processes we "can" understand.

Now when you follow from this premise your whole storyline falls apart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min TITUS 7,339
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Buck Crick 855,452
The Christian Atheist debate 22 min Edthirty 1,036
Why do blacks name their children ridiculous na... (Sep '08) 30 min Edthirty 248
Sex with demon possessed doll 1 hr Marshmallow 46
The MOST EVIL human acts OF ALL TIME 1 hr Burke Devlin 3
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 5,933
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 177,212
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 596,517
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr End Times 612,638
More from around the web