Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
bohart

Newport, TN

#161352 Mar 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>When you raise children with love and understanding, spanking become totally unnecessary. You obviously missed the classes on how to be a good parent, too bad, really!
Ohh! truthfully, how many kids do you have?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#161353 Mar 20, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Freggin slashes!...
<quoted text>
Depends on the fiber. All fiber is not created equal.
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about trillions of miles of space... or measuring the cosmos. Just one tiny part of it.
I was talking about a few miles of optical fiber.
<quoted text>
Yeah!
Think of what they could do today.
It's getting done... everyday.
Hukt, there is a big difference between a few miles of optic cable and the edge of the universe. Too much to base modern cosmology on an assumed constant speed of light.

http://blog.advaoptical.com/speed-light-fiber...

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.as...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#161354 Mar 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Although you would just love to have these things to hang your hat on, neither of them are supported with any real evidence.....Oh Oh, there's that terribly scary word again. Even if there were supporting demonstrable evidence, it would still do nothing to prove your God thing exists. But do keep trying, I enjoy the show!!!
:-)

It's the same sort of statistics and probabilities some of our QM proponents use. Plus the virtual particles, and thus reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#161355 Mar 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>What kind of window does God come through when he comes to touch your head?
"It is a curious thing that every creed promises a paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for anyone of civilized taste".
~Evelyn Waugh

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#161356 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude....
That's was a lot of typing to say "I don't know".
LOL
Poly? When is light not moving?
When it is totally dark.

Location hidden

#161357 Mar 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Stuck ones.
Cranking up Windows after a while when you really need it in a hurry, and you get stuck in endless updates in which you have to reboot.
Never happened to me. You have to know how to run the windows and not let then run you.

Location hidden

#161358 Mar 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/20/ business/sothebys-china-bowl/i ndex.html?hpt=hp_c3
Check those deals you got at yard sales.
I love yard sales. Something so human about them.

We could tell you're a bag lady. lol

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#161359 Mar 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Never happened to me. You have to know how to run the windows and not let then run you.
Are you sure it's not running you?

Location hidden

#161360 Mar 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, like all terrorists they were killing for their belief (and still do on a small scale), not the belief of the majority of the population concerned but their own personal minority belief.
They made there belief public by committing some of their atrocities such as indiscriminately killing children in the United Kingdom
And they named themselves the IRA of whatever flavour, the R meaning republican.
The fact that they were funded by cash and drugs supplied by US republicans and armed by terrorist republican and communist states using the money donated by US republicans and the suffering of addiction makes no difference to the fact that they were (are) called the Irish Republican Army.
In fact I suppose because they called themselves the IRA excuses drug running, child murder and indiscriminate terrorist acts in your eyes - right?
Just because they are republican in Ireland doesn't mean republicans fund them from here Christine, It could be many professed democrats supporting them from here also. The Irish "republican" name means nothing in America.

Location hidden

#161361 Mar 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>What kind of window does God come through when he comes to touch your head?
Must be a rear window, "gasp".

Location hidden

#161362 Mar 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure it's not running you?
I have control, not my computer, not Christine, or RR, or even topix, well topix has control of um....topix ugh sorta.
No really I have run suse (you said you like suse) and redhat , but I like windows, though it's terribly expensive in comparison.
Friends will send you the hat for nothing.

BUT...and there's always a but...

I like windows because I worked real had to understand it.
Probably the same reason you like your flavor of OS.

I haven't messed with Mac much, I suppose I should give it a whorl.:)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#161363 Mar 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hukt, there is a big difference between a few miles of optic cable and the edge of the universe. Too much to base modern cosmology on an assumed constant speed of light.
http://blog.advaoptical.com/speed-light-fiber...
http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.as...
Dave...

Are you there, Dave?

Open the pod bay door, Dave.

<as if you've never heard that'n before>

I was talking ABOUT a few miles of optical fiber.

NOT cosmology.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#161364 Mar 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection always makes you look silly
I know! but I still have a good time...
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#161365 Mar 20, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I have two, one of each!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#161366 Mar 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be a rear window, "gasp".
For anyone without that horrible metal illness, Delusional Disorder, having an invisible being touch you on the head would be a terrifying experience. Not only touch you, but be totally convinced it was real. I'm always amazed at the extent of what an unsupported belief can do to people. Scary, really scary!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161367 Mar 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Errr....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161368 Mar 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>When you raise children with love and understanding, spanking become totally unnecessary. You obviously missed the classes on how to be a good parent, too bad, really!
Thanks, Dr Phil.

But you're wrong.

You don't know me, why are you psychoanalyzing me like you do?

Is being disingenuous common for you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161369 Mar 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> When it is totally dark.
Uh-huh...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161370 Mar 20, 2013
bohart wrote:
blacklagoon wrote:
I have two, one of each!!
lol

O_o

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161371 Mar 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>For anyone without that horrible metal illness, Delusional Disorder, having an invisible being touch you on the head would be a terrifying experience. Not only touch you, but be totally convinced it was real. I'm always amazed at the extent of what an unsupported belief can do to people. Scary, really scary!!!
*thumbs through the atheist handbook*

*AHA!*

You just don't understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Appjoy invite code (Apr '14) 12 min Ole 111
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Rosa_Winkel 751,253
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 28 min Ratloder 118,675
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr atemcowboy 548,926
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 96,139
Heather Geier 1 hr YOUR PATHEDIC 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 261,718
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Brother James 602,277
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 hr shanu 1,073

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE