Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
154,781 - 154,800 of 226,032 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it could just be a bit of dyslexia, I donít need an ego like yours for being unable to spot errors particularly when the words is spelled correctly so my spell checker does not flag it up.
However if you want to LMAO at my disability, feel free to wet yourself, after all itís the christian way.
"when the words is spelled correctly"?!?

HA HA HA HA !!!!!
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
An agnostic is a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God.
I am not agnostic, I don't have that belief.
No god avaible!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Inverse square law.
What is that? Squareroot has nothing to do with it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
This does:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EvuV3GdVaY4XX
Nothing but a black hole can be contained in the area within these orbits.
You can admit you were wrong now.
That proves nothing, it's just a computer program - one so silly even my 14 year old son could create it in a few minutes.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not admit I lies.
lol
You made up lies about me.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That proves nothing, it's just a computer program - one so silly even my 14 year old son could create it in a few minutes.
How could he create it? Using what?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

So Dave since you have repeatedly cowered away from my question can we safely assume I properly and accurately proved you wrong on your statement that believing in god, as you claimed makes you better than non believers and gives you the right to look down on them?

Your cowardice on this is remarkable I must say. I humbly accept your surrender by forfeit and rightfully so.
Dave Nelson wrote:
The Earth has to have matter emitting nuclear particles here and there and round about. A certain amount of plasma discharge has to occur, too.
If this is ejected into space, where will it go? Being heavier mass, would it not wind up heading for the sun? I would think electron would, too.
There has to be a return path for charged particles and loose nuclear bits back to the sun.
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
You are a gnostic theist.
You KNOW god exists.
Which is a logical absurdity.
There were some thousands gods, but not a single one is proved!
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
You are a gnostic theist.
You KNOW god exists.
Which is a logical absurdity.
God never exist!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

How many thousands shall I bring? Churches are closing at an all time high while atheists like Dawkins can't rent out assembly halls large enough to contain the people wanting to hear him talk.

We see religion losing on a hundred fronts and it's only getting worse. Plus saying you're a believer but not belonging to a church to help organize is a victory for us.

Why even the GOP is poking you religious retards in the eyes in hopes of winning an election or two. Why? They realize appealing to religious retards is a losing proposition because your numbers are rapidly dwindling. Your ways are dying. It's for this reason alone your ilk wastes so much time, effort and money attacking us.

And you know it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. You bring the deeds, I'll buy breakfast.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
How many thousands shall I bring? Churches are closing at an all time high while atheists like Dawkins can't rent out assembly halls large enough to contain the people wanting to hear him talk.
We see religion losing on a hundred fronts and it's only getting worse. Plus saying you're a believer but not belonging to a church to help organize is a victory for us.
Why even the GOP is poking you religious retards in the eyes in hopes of winning an election or two. Why? They realize appealing to religious retards is a losing proposition because your numbers are rapidly dwindling. Your ways are dying. It's for this reason alone your ilk wastes so much time, effort and money attacking us.
And you know it.
<quoted text>
"Republicans have nothing but bad ideas and Democrats have no ideas."
~Lewis Black

Watching the Republican Party flail around as it recovers from its 2012 collapse has elements of tragedy and comedy. After all, it is the party that gave us Abraham Lincoln and Eisenhower, and a modern take on Jefferson's vision of limited government and states rights. But it is also the party of "legitimate rape," Grover Norquist, "self-deportation" and a mean and angry persona defined by Rush Limbaugh. That's the comic part.

Recovery will not be easy, and will likely follow the famous five steps Kubler-Ross describe in the aftermath of a death in the family: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance. To move on with your life, you go through each stage in turn.

Republicans are stuck on Stage One, denial, and can't move forward. In fact, they lost because of really bad ideas, which the American people rejected.

Rather than confront that reality, all kinds of silly excuses surface, all of which deny the awful truth.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-brodsky...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How could he create it? Using what?
Did you just ask that?

Really?

What would he use to create a computer program?

*rubs temples*

A computer.....
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
God never exist!
Henry never exist!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Just don't ask Dick if he's wrong, he'll chew you out for being Christian (and avoid the question). It's funny to hear the audience applaud ole Dick and not even notice his arrogance...

http://youtu.be/6mmskXXetcg

----

This one's great. Bill Oreilly puts Dick Dawkins in his place.

http://youtu.be/2FARDDcdFaQ
Lol, "victory"??

Y'all really think this is a war, huh?
And you know it.
<quoted text>
Obama swears to uphold the Constitution, "so help me God".....

http://youtu.be/f4RzFiF3z78

You're welcome.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just ask that?
Really?
What would he use to create a computer program?
*rubs temples*
A computer.....
Software, idiot! You really are childish aren't you?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
What is that? Squareroot has nothing to do with it.
Intensity decreases as the inverse square of the distance. That has nothing to do with the speed of light.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.ph ...
As your photons or waves or whatever pass through a magnetic field they build a charge that reacts to the field they pass through.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
<quoted text>
Not multiplied. Stays at .00001%
You think so? Explain how it is wrong, particularly the first question.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Intensity decreases as the inverse square of the distance. That has nothing to do with the speed of light.
Intensity? How does the intensity work? Why the further it travels, the dimmer it gets?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Software, idiot! You really are childish aren't you?
*computer* software....

Are you really that dumb??

Were you beaten as a child?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••