Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Lincoln

United States

#160985 Mar 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I can, just because you are clueless does not meant everyone is
we have Martin McGuinnis (now claims to have left the IRA because his political job pays better)
Gerry Adams
Kevin McKenna
Thomas "Slab" Murphy
And many, many more, want a bigger list, there are plenty, want their postal addresses? You want a list of people (including children) they are responsible for killing? Only this weekend was a special service in Warrington in remembrance of the children they killed there. How about crippled, maimed, or just lucky to get away with injury that heals?
As for parish, Antrim, Armagh, Down, Fermanagh, Londonderry, Tyrone and south of the border too
Donít ya just love these ignorant morons who are clueless. I would not be in the least surprised if you contributed to Noraid on your way out of church every Sunday morning totally ignorant that those donations were being used to kill people. So tell me, are you partially responsible for murder?
Honey, we are not all as ignorant as you, I have made the study of the IRA quite a priority in my life seeing as how my aunt was maimed for life in the Manchester bombing and I was injured.

Tell me, was that bomb financed with the help of cash you donated?
No don't donate money.

Thanks for the list.
UK still runs Ulster last time we looked
Cheers

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#160986 Mar 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I said the speed of light varies.
You agreed.
And you want me to admit what?
That your statement was incomplete.

The same thing you accuse others of being wrong about when they do the same.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#160987 Mar 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"as giggle"?!
"irrelevance replies"?!?
LMAO! You "freethinkers" must get lost in your own egos or something....
Or it could just be a bit of dyslexia, I donít need an ego like yours for being unable to spot errors particularly when the words is spelled correctly so my spell checker does not flag it up.

However if you want to LMAO at my disability, feel free to wet yourself, after all itís the christian way.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#160988 Mar 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You supposedly have 13.2 billion by 6 trillion miles between here and there. A long walk. It is not totally empty space, materially or energywise. There is at least a bare minimum refractive effect to it along the whole way. Even more when it enters the galaxy and the solar system.
And what is the *largest* the refractive index will be on that journey? So how much does that affect the total time of travel?
Oh, and since gravity can bend light waves, it can also impede their emission outwards.
Only if there is a very concentrated mass.
A very light breeze will blow you off course over a long distance as will a heavy one in a short distance.
You base your constants on too little real info.
On the contrary, we have very good info on densities and thereby indices of refraction in interstellar space. More relevant than refraction is actually absorption, but that is also easily detected and corrected for.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160989 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Light slows down the further it travels.
Wrong.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160990 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove this?
Yes.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160991 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it vary with frequency moron?
Resonance.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#160992 Mar 18, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is the *largest* the refractive index will be on that journey? So how much does that affect the total time of travel?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
On the contrary, we have very good info on densities and thereby indices of refraction in interstellar space. More relevant than refraction is actually absorption, but that is also easily detected and corrected for.
Light slows down the longer it travels, anyway.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160993 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Speed is not the cause for mass. Mass and energy causes speed. An objects movement, and its speed it caused by force, idiot! Speed doesn't cause the force!
Go learn some actual physics. What you wrote is all nonsense.
Shut up polymath257
Wrong person.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#160994 Mar 18, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
http://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.ph...

As your photons or waves or whatever pass through a magnetic field they build a charge that reacts to the field they pass through. A magnetic flux is comprised of many flux lines. A photon, or photons, passing through a magnetic field, however weak, for millions of miles is going to be affected. A group of photons will then also interact with each other in their travels because of that charge.

Find a place in space with no magnetism passing through it.

Physical interaction is not as clean and static as your math formulas would like you to believe. You take averages from gross observations and make them constants.

Let's take a .00001 percentage of error and multiply by many trillions. How much does that add up to?
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#160995 Mar 18, 2013
No.

It's not a f**king firework, you tw*t.
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#160996 Mar 18, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
A ray tracer, a software used for lighting 3D environments, has light travelling the further it does, the darker the object appears when it hits the surface. Why? Explain, since the ray tracer is meant to mimic real life.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160997 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160998 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
A ray tracer, a software used for lighting 3D environments, has light travelling the further it does, the darker the object appears when it hits the surface. Why? Explain, since the ray tracer is meant to mimic real life.
Inverse square law.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#160999 Mar 18, 2013
An odd analogy to a sh!t question.
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#161000 Mar 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.ph...
As your photons or waves or whatever pass through a magnetic field they build a charge that reacts to the field they pass through.
Wrong.
Let's take a .00001 percentage of error and multiply by many trillions. How much does that add up to?
Not multiplied. Stays at .00001%

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161001 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't been paying much attention in class, not surprised you didn't earn your way to getting a highschool diploma. Blame yourself for your lack of success in life!
No, I blame pencils. They make me misspell words.

Location hidden

#161002 Mar 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So because you have been shown to be foolish you claim I have an excuse?
You really are so sad, Be a man grow a set and admit you lies.
I will not admit I lies.

lol

Location hidden

#161003 Mar 18, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That your statement was incomplete.
The same thing you accuse others of being wrong about when they do the same.
Here it is again:

"The speed of light is not a constant."

What part of that do you find incomplete?

Location hidden

#161004 Mar 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it could just be a bit of dyslexia, I donít need an ego like yours for being unable to spot errors particularly when the words is spelled correctly so my spell checker does not flag it up.
However if you want to LMAO at my disability, feel free to wet yourself, after all itís the christian way.
"when the words is spelled correctly"?!?

HA HA HA HA !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min Chris Clearwater 173,929
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 7 min blueeyedkat 764
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Dust Storm 543,387
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Ano 741,179
Hardee's Sandwich Piles Meat On More Meat (Apr '06) 27 min Go Blue Forever 39
Dom/Sub curious? (Jun '13) 30 min SweetGirl 21
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 33 min Now what 163
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 259,795
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 601,222

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••