Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#160992 Mar 18, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is the *largest* the refractive index will be on that journey? So how much does that affect the total time of travel?
<quoted text>
Only if there is a very concentrated mass.
<quoted text>
On the contrary, we have very good info on densities and thereby indices of refraction in interstellar space. More relevant than refraction is actually absorption, but that is also easily detected and corrected for.
Light slows down the longer it travels, anyway.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#160993 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Speed is not the cause for mass. Mass and energy causes speed. An objects movement, and its speed it caused by force, idiot! Speed doesn't cause the force!
Go learn some actual physics. What you wrote is all nonsense.
Shut up polymath257
Wrong person.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#160994 Mar 18, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is the *largest* the refractive index will be on that journey? So how much does that affect the total time of travel?
<quoted text>
Only if there is a very concentrated mass.
<quoted text>
On the contrary, we have very good info on densities and thereby indices of refraction in interstellar space. More relevant than refraction is actually absorption, but that is also easily detected and corrected for.
http://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.ph...

As your photons or waves or whatever pass through a magnetic field they build a charge that reacts to the field they pass through. A magnetic flux is comprised of many flux lines. A photon, or photons, passing through a magnetic field, however weak, for millions of miles is going to be affected. A group of photons will then also interact with each other in their travels because of that charge.

Find a place in space with no magnetism passing through it.

Physical interaction is not as clean and static as your math formulas would like you to believe. You take averages from gross observations and make them constants.

Let's take a .00001 percentage of error and multiply by many trillions. How much does that add up to?
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#160995 Mar 18, 2013
No.

It's not a f**king firework, you tw*t.
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#160996 Mar 18, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
A ray tracer, a software used for lighting 3D environments, has light travelling the further it does, the darker the object appears when it hits the surface. Why? Explain, since the ray tracer is meant to mimic real life.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160997 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160998 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
A ray tracer, a software used for lighting 3D environments, has light travelling the further it does, the darker the object appears when it hits the surface. Why? Explain, since the ray tracer is meant to mimic real life.
Inverse square law.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#160999 Mar 18, 2013
An odd analogy to a sh!t question.
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#161000 Mar 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.ph...
As your photons or waves or whatever pass through a magnetic field they build a charge that reacts to the field they pass through.
Wrong.
Let's take a .00001 percentage of error and multiply by many trillions. How much does that add up to?
Not multiplied. Stays at .00001%

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161001 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't been paying much attention in class, not surprised you didn't earn your way to getting a highschool diploma. Blame yourself for your lack of success in life!
No, I blame pencils. They make me misspell words.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161002 Mar 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So because you have been shown to be foolish you claim I have an excuse?
You really are so sad, Be a man grow a set and admit you lies.
I will not admit I lies.

lol

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161003 Mar 18, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That your statement was incomplete.
The same thing you accuse others of being wrong about when they do the same.
Here it is again:

"The speed of light is not a constant."

What part of that do you find incomplete?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161004 Mar 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it could just be a bit of dyslexia, I donít need an ego like yours for being unable to spot errors particularly when the words is spelled correctly so my spell checker does not flag it up.
However if you want to LMAO at my disability, feel free to wet yourself, after all itís the christian way.
"when the words is spelled correctly"?!?

HA HA HA HA !!!!!
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#161005 Mar 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
An agnostic is a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God.
I am not agnostic, I don't have that belief.
No god avaible!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161006 Mar 18, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Inverse square law.
What is that? Squareroot has nothing to do with it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161007 Mar 18, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
This does:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EvuV3GdVaY4XX
Nothing but a black hole can be contained in the area within these orbits.
You can admit you were wrong now.
That proves nothing, it's just a computer program - one so silly even my 14 year old son could create it in a few minutes.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161008 Mar 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not admit I lies.
lol
You made up lies about me.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161009 Mar 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That proves nothing, it's just a computer program - one so silly even my 14 year old son could create it in a few minutes.
How could he create it? Using what?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#161010 Mar 18, 2013
So Dave since you have repeatedly cowered away from my question can we safely assume I properly and accurately proved you wrong on your statement that believing in god, as you claimed makes you better than non believers and gives you the right to look down on them?

Your cowardice on this is remarkable I must say. I humbly accept your surrender by forfeit and rightfully so.
Dave Nelson wrote:
The Earth has to have matter emitting nuclear particles here and there and round about. A certain amount of plasma discharge has to occur, too.
If this is ejected into space, where will it go? Being heavier mass, would it not wind up heading for the sun? I would think electron would, too.
There has to be a return path for charged particles and loose nuclear bits back to the sun.
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#161011 Mar 18, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
You are a gnostic theist.
You KNOW god exists.
Which is a logical absurdity.
There were some thousands gods, but not a single one is proved!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min waaasssuuup 603,536
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dave Nelson 763,715
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min Chris Clearwater 175,021
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min KayMarie 554,702
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Rick in Kansas 263,400
Dish Network 1 hr mnb0495 1
Is Incest with mother is most pleasurable of all? (Feb '12) 1 hr fdskjfsdkj344 38

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE