Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,712)

Showing posts 154,221 - 154,240 of217,345
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Fitzroy North, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

So what does the bible and or people who believe in a God, say about different races. How did that happen?Why did that happen? just wondering.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Youngblood, you said you have a PhD in math, and are presently taking physics. Right now you are playing Johnny telling everyone what he learned in school today.

Puppy, it takes years working with something to get a real grasp of it, to reach real professional status. That is especially true of what you are studying now. It is quite evident you don't really have a grasp of physics principles yet. That takes time and is learned from working with it, not reading about it. This QM appeals to you because you feel it is fast tracking you to understand because of your math background, but you have to understand those basics first. You don;t go from math school to being an actuary, you have to learn other things first. Math to physics is about as radical a change as they can get. Physics is a flow of the real thing, not blocks of numbers.

Reread you Higg's mechanism, and try to understand what it says. Reread your space/time curvature stuff and understand that can't happen in a nothing. There has to be a something. If there is a something, then another something passing through it has to move out of the way, and the hole it leaves as it moves has to be filled. Unless you are absolutley sure there is true nothingness in this universe that your professors will tell you can't happen, because if it was true, you wouldn't have the theory they have now.

Oh, and get right with God. The supplier of the stuff you get to play with now. It didn't come from nothing. Another very basic principle of real physics.
You're a piece of work, Dave.

I'll give you that.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

" In a bar, I'd probably use one of those analogies. The real important thing for me is that fundamental particles are as far as we can tell zero-dimensional particles. They have no radius. You can't think of fundamental particles as being glass marbles. They literally have no extension in space. They can never bump into anything else.

It's all about interactions. It's about them exchanging other particles as forces. With a particle like the electron -- what gives the electron mass is really inertia, that's the property that we associate with massive particles. Mass and inertia go together.

So since an electron or a quark has no extension in space, you sort of wonder where did the mass go? Well it's not that the mass resides with the electron or the proton. It's that the mass comes from its interaction with other things. And in this case, it's the Higgs field that gives this point particle -- the electron -- the appearance of inertia. That is what allows it to act like it's resisting changes in its motion.

Whereas you have other particles like the photon which has no mass, and because of that it can go at the speed of light, whereas a massive particle will never be able to go at light speed."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/03/1...

It gets better.

No dimensions. Just charge. Yet they still refer to "particles". A particle has dimension.

I posted about them being creations of math and markers of charge created by observation, a quantum thingy. I have also posted about space in motion doing all this fancy stuff, and how it creates mass by gar=ting space.

These math head boys got lost.

BTW, Polymath, all of these little charge fields? They add up to the big one of this universe. Anything that passes through leaves a bow wave and a wake, and makes waves.
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is only a description of atheists like you!
Balderdash!

You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you think that we need help?

Know GOD?
"Know" nothing
No GOD?
No Problem

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Look here BOY, It doesn't have to be gravity, the objects themselves could be moving themselves because of some property or function inside them!
You mean like your lip service, it's off the scale. Much like your stupid, only bigger than even your mega lip service ,you know shat I mean?
Stupid like yours is in spades. Gargantuan stupid ,with giant ass'ed lip service.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Plasma is 99% of visible matter.
Duh. Stars are mostly plasma and most visible matter is n stars. There are also large, high temperature plasma clouds between galaxies in clusters. Now, what is the density of that plasma and how much does it affect the motion of the light through it? Easy question. Answer: not very dense at all and not very much.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
"
So since an electron or a quark has no extension in space, you sort of wonder where did the mass go? Well it's not that the mass resides with the electron or the proton. It's that the mass comes from its interaction with other things. And in this case, it's the Higgs field that gives this point particle -- the electron -- the appearance of inertia. That is what allows it to act like it's resisting changes in its motion.
Actually, this is wrong. The mass of an electron is NOT from interaction with the Higg's particle. Nor, for that matter is the mass of an up or a down quark. The mass of most ordinary matter is from different symmetry breaking mechanisms.
No dimensions. Just charge. Yet they still refer to "particles". A particle has dimension.
Classically, yes. But classical mechanics is wrong.
I posted about them being creations of math and markers of charge created by observation, a quantum thingy. I have also posted about space in motion doing all this fancy stuff, and how it creates mass by gar=ting space.
These math head boys got lost.
There is a difference between getting lost and thinking you are a crank.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
But the light doesn't move further and further away. And how are you supposed to detect light?
Space has expanded between here and there, redshift tells us that.
So the source is moving farther and farther away.
We found the father away it has moved, the faster it is moving away.
So redshift is more pronounced the farther away the object is.
The farther away ,the faster it retreats away.
To the particle horizon , where everything has moved into infinite distance. But this phenomenon is thought to take place no matter what position you are in the universe.

So yes the light source is moving away , and is red shifted because of it.

We detect very dim light sources by cooling a mirror to near absolute zero and gathering the light from a point of direction.
It takes time but the light gathered shows us the very most distant galaxies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Light only is visible when it meets our eyes. We can't see light travel because when not in contact on our eyes it isn't visible.
There is light, that is not visible by human eyes.
But we have devised ways to see this light.
Visible light is a specific frequency, but there is frequency beyond our eyes to detect, From ELF wave to gamma but the visible frequency is small.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just some silly low class self confessed supposedly expert.
You are just some intellectual wannabe, how silly of you to claim to be in line with the big dogs. You never had any degrees, just read common knowledge you remembered reading in books since you were little. And if not, what trash and low quality stuff have they been teaching you at university? Poor you, not much good education you get, have more selfish pity for yourself in that case! You don't have any real degrees! What would your children or grandchildren think of you? What about your wife? Not so impressed by you, feels sorry for you because you are a bit silly and and didn't live up to yourself and your standards?
He is a very adapt and skilled mathematician, who is also at least 5 orders of magnitude educated beyond your petty squabbling ,wreaking of stupid protests.
You were talking when you should have been listening.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Youngblood, you said you have a PhD in math, and are presently taking physics. Right now you are playing Johnny telling everyone what he learned in school today.
Puppy, it takes years working with something to get a real grasp of it, to reach real professional status. That is especially true of what you are studying now. It is quite evident you don't really have a grasp of physics principles yet. That takes time and is learned from working with it, not reading about it. This QM appeals to you because you feel it is fast tracking you to understand because of your math background, but you have to understand those basics first. You don;t go from math school to being an actuary, you have to learn other things first. Math to physics is about as radical a change as they can get. Physics is a flow of the real thing, not blocks of numbers.
Reread you Higg's mechanism, and try to understand what it says. Reread your space/time curvature stuff and understand that can't happen in a nothing. There has to be a something. If there is a something, then another something passing through it has to move out of the way, and the hole it leaves as it moves has to be filled. Unless you are absolutley sure there is true nothingness in this universe that your professors will tell you can't happen, because if it was true, you wouldn't have the theory they have now.
Oh, and get right with God. The supplier of the stuff you get to play with now. It didn't come from nothing. Another very basic principle of real physics.
You swam into the tank with real knowledge, you will not be able to bull shit your way out Dave. So STFU, poly has demonstrated his ability.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You swam into the tank with real knowledge, you will not be able to bull shit your way out Dave. So STFU, poly has demonstrated his ability.
You would think so. I am happy he has a fan.

Encyclopedias are real knowledge. But they aren't capable of thinking or doing.
larry

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

agnosticism probably does.. not atheism..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

There be something to learn from a teacher, even if you are one.
Though I am not a teacher, this student will never cease to listen and learn. Even from those who I have taught, or those who have something to say.

I know it's something , you know it all's
will never understand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not mistake me either Dave, I am sometimes at odds with Poly, we disagree on many things.
But on the lions share we do agree , that is how we are taught to understand. We accept these things , that are taught and we call this science. Sometimes it is wrong, and a gifted person can show how and explain why. Providing the evidence as exactly why something is different than what we think.

But unless you can provide the evidence as exactly why something is different than what we think. Then you are just talking, nothing wrong with just talking, but there is no credit in talking.
No Nobel Prize , no credit for discovery, nothing but conversation.

Now as we were saying as correctly as scientifically possible.....

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many research papers have *you* published? You know, ones that actually contribute to human knowledge? And that actually say somethign new and useful?

None?

I thuoght so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There be something to learn from a teacher, even if you are one.
Though I am not a teacher, this student will never cease to listen and learn. Even from those who I have taught, or those who have something to say.
I know it's something , you know it all's
will never understand.
An eternal student goes nowhere.

Start doing, and you start learning.

Education is acquainting you with things for you to start working on in your own way.

It is those differences in perspective and logic that add up to an overall increase in knowledge. Otherwise you are a choirboy.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Thinking wrote:
To the nearest m/s.
<quoted text>
No, that's why I said EXACT.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many research papers have *you* published? You know, ones that actually contribute to human knowledge? And that actually say somethign new and useful?
None?
I thuoght so.
Do I have an obligation to tell everything I know to those who can't understand it or will pervert it for their own gain?

You don't hand loaded guns to monkeys,

You don't understand what you know.
POyyy

Maumelle, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

discocrisco wrote:
Maybe, the Christians got it right on the God thing. What they didn't know that is there is intelligent life right and God manifested himself in another way than us.
And there is millions of our civilizations among this universe and millions of ways God revealed himslf to them
But see it was none of business to know how he did it. It is beyond our feeble little minds. Us humans think we are terminally unique. Guess what. We are not. We are little specks in the infinite, large cosmos.
hhu

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 154,221 - 154,240 of217,345
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

648 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 3 min Flower-Child 52,537
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min The real Woody 109,867
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min waaasssuuup 440,862
Gay Snapchat Names 10 min robertcockmuncher 1,382
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min It aint necessarily so 681,050
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min truth 512,426
teen snapchat nudes 22 min Jasmine 140
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 36 min KiMare 89,643
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min Annaleigh 596,643
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 5 hr nikeelite0193 291
•••
•••
•••