Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#159742 Mar 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
We will get Series 3 on 1st April over here.
<quoted text>
Once you take the Black, there's no going back.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#159743 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Souls.
Love.
Hate.
Jealousy.
Aliens.
Black holes.
Dark Matter.
Need I go on?
Actually, all but souls are not only detectable, most of those we have detected, this has been explained to you in great detail already. No one has provided any evidence that souls even exist, and the definition of soul is too ambiguous to even be something real. So until you provide evidence that they actually exist, they are not countable.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#159744 Mar 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Redneck will not hesitate to tell you that you are reading the incorrect translation. He will tell you there are no slaves found anywhere in the bible. He'll tell you they were "servants" and of course that changes everything. They were still bought, kept against their will, and could be beaten almost to death, but were still just servants. He obviously knows better than the biblical scholars.
That is the ONLY thing these BuyBull thumpers can do.

Theirs is a world of contradictions. No where is this more obvious than in their alleged 'holy books'. It comes as no surprise that they are forced to imagine something in those scriptures, that are so profoundly offensive and a insult to reason, that they require apologists and must be 'explained, evaded or excused'.

Latest on the Pope watch... Blue smoke appeared today indicating they are doing BBQ.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#159745 Mar 12, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard different.

I heard that once you go black, you're a single mother.

lol

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#159746 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, all but souls are not only detectable, most of those we have detected, this has been explained to you in great detail already. No one has provided any evidence that souls even exist, and the definition of soul is too ambiguous to even be something real. So until you provide evidence that they actually exist, they are not countable.
The cause of emotions and how we interpret them has not been detected.

Dark matter and black holes have not been detected.

Aliens have not been detected (except outside of Home Depot and behind every lawnmower in America)

Try again.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#159747 Mar 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it can
http://www.imagilys.com/functional-MRI-fMRI/
http://www.insidestory.iop.org/mri.html
http://www.google.co.uk/search...
No they are not
Detecting black holes
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
http://hplusmagazine.com/2013/01/08/review-aa...
And NASA have even measured how big the one in the centre of our galaxy is
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/SOFIA/13-01...
Dark matter
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/10/...
http://news.nationalgeographic.co.uk/news/200...
http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_matter....
http://www2.cnrs.fr/en/1247.htm
If you are going to make stupid claims like “Black hols and dark matter are hypothetical and have never been detected my science.“ then I suggest you check that science first before sticking your foot in your mouth
Science? You dare to question a Xtian about science? <smirk>

They have already failed LOGIC 101, REASON 101, and COMMON SENSE 101!

1+1+1=1 So it is written... LOL

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#159748 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thinking is warped. You have difficulty determining what is detectable and what isn't.

It is "spirit", an invisible force which you cant see but activates matter, that create your videos, and thus self expression. Call it electricity. That electricity is caused by stressing matter with another force. You create a charge that gets passed along.

Your physical being is also a result of that stressing and charge passing. Only it is done in a most complex way to give you "thought" that can then cause expression.

Are you really convinced that your thought processes, your very existence, is determined only by reactions to your environment? If so, why are you so sure you see things as they actually are?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#159749 Mar 12, 2013
That reminds me: I must put some compost around my heart tree.
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#159750 Mar 12, 2013
I wouldn't know about that.
Are you a single mother, then?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard different.
I heard that once you go black, you're a single mother.
lol
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#159751 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, what form does an omnipresent being take?
You should know, it's you who believes such thing exists. I'm constantly surprised at how little information you have on this thing, yet you shape your entire existence on it. If something can assume a human form and then somehow morph out of it, isn't that magic? And exactly how do you know this being can take on human form and then change into something else? Have you ever witnessed such an event? Have you only read about it in your immoral holy book? Or did you hear from someone who actually witnessed this event? Otherwise your just talking out of your ass!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#159752 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Souls.
Love.
Hate.
Jealousy.
Aliens.
Black holes.
Dark Matter.
Need I go on?
1.) Souls like spirit is a religious term with no evidence either exists.

2.) Love, hate and jealousy are human emotion and can be detracted by brain waves.

3.) No one has any idea whether aliens exist or not. At this point in time they do not exist.

4.) Science can and has detected black holes, there is NO doubt that they do exist.

And yes, since you stuck out on all of these you DO need to continue!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#159753 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Godd. Then I hereby deem you worthless.
You have made a judgement based on no information, kind of like you do with your God thing!!!! LOL

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#159754 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aliens have not been detected (except outside of Home Depot and behind every lawnmower in America)
Try again.
Um, the "cause" of emotional responses are stimuli from the sensory organs combined with neurological chemicals released when specific events occur, a direct result of natural selection, they are survival traits. There, I gave you the cause and the driver as well as the mechanism for emotions. We actually understand them quite well, they are pretty simple chemical systems, simpler than the endocrine system y far. Thus, most of your list has been detected.

Alien life on other planets can be detected, we just haven't yet gotten that far yet, we're working on that.

Black holes are easy to detect, look for gravity anomalies, there, you found a black hole.

Dark matter is still in it's early stages of understanding, it's a label given to something that we have observed the effects of, sort of like calling something a "thing" until you know what it is, but scientists like to label every "thing" with some relevant label they hope also describes it for easier cataloging.

Is there anything else you need explained to you again?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#159755 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - science can't detect black holes or dark matter.....
Just sayin...
BTW, just because you elect to remain scientifically illiterate doesn't mean that they don't exist. Science HAS detected both, do some research and stop exposing yourself as a dolt!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#159756 Mar 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thinking is warped. You have difficulty determining what is detectable and what isn't.
It is "spirit", an invisible force which you cant see but activates matter, that create your videos, and thus self expression. Call it electricity. That electricity is caused by stressing matter with another force. You create a charge that gets passed along.
Your physical being is also a result of that stressing and charge passing. Only it is done in a most complex way to give you "thought" that can then cause expression.
Are you really convinced that your thought processes, your very existence, is determined only by reactions to your environment? If so, why are you so sure you see things as they actually are?
See RR? No one can define "soul" or "spirit," and no two descriptions will ever be the same. Before you can even provide a bit of evidence for it, you have to at least define it.

Location hidden

#159757 Mar 12, 2013
The unity of existence as proclaimed by science and some religions. Everything is part of a whole.

Ever notice the propensity of people to feed stray animals? To keep fellow creatures alive?

Even the meanest SOB alive can succumb to a helpless or hungry animal. He can find something he can bond with to a degree, even if it is only throwing bread on the ground.

That preserving another life can even cause complications for the preserver. You can draw other life to your space by feeding that which you have feeling for. Then you also have the expense of cat and dog food. Funny how people with nothing will sacrifice some of that nothing to feed other creatures/

Even some animals can do that with other animals.

Where does such arise from a purely material evolution? One can come up with a social evolution regarding keeping fellow humans alive, but what about those creatures that can be competition for food? Where did that come from?

Location hidden

#159758 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
See RR? No one can define "soul" or "spirit," and no two descriptions will ever be the same. Before you can even provide a bit of evidence for it, you have to at least define it.
That which powers you as an individual?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#159759 Mar 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Jesus.(If he ever was.)
And Michael Jackson.
Michael Jackson is still dead?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#159760 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Try again.
We, of superior intelligence, always enjoy exposing the childish ignorance of the religiously blinded. Usually accompanied by a picture of one with fingers in ears singing as loud as possible..."Science is wrong, science is wrong....la la la laaaaaa laaaaaaaa." Pitiful example of our spices!!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#159761 Mar 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That which powers you as an individual?
Electricity and chemicals? That's the "soul?" Well we know what happens with all that, it returns to the eco system when we die. So there you have it, science has detected the "soul," but why you choose to use a word from mythology to describe it is beyond me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min ChristineM 740,321
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min RADEKT 259,732
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Lyndi 173,860
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 21 min tarek 897
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 25 min patrick boadu 173
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 46 min Epiphany2 601,188
I think I was raped while passed out!! 56 min Truth 13
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 95,542
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr hojo 543,118

Top Stories People Search