Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#159606 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeez Dave, you wouldn't know critical thinking skills if it came up and slapped you in the face.
Wrong. I would know them. You can just assume you know them.

Oscar, you try hard to come across as an intellectual. Maybe you believe it goes with the territory of being gay and enlightened, a natural trait. But you are wrong. You are looking at reality with blinders on.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#159607 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said a friend saved your ass in Vietnam.
Was he an atheist? If not, why are you disrespecting his belief,which surely contributed to his self sacrifice and saving yourass, on an international forum?
Of course you are either intuitionally missing the point or attempting to redirect the original point. The point was, Jesus never really died, he rose from the dead and continued his existence. This is in NO WAY considered by anyone to be a sacrifice. My friend gave up his life so that others could live, his WAS sacrifice, he stayed dead.

And yes, my friend was an Atheists, there were 5 of us in that group all Atheists. Which also quells that BS about there are no Atheists in a foxhole.
bohart

Newport, TN

#159608 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>My worth is based on my ability to perform a given task, and to produce a product that surpasses expectations. Once again, my worth is calculated by others, not me personally. I can certainly look back on successes I have had and determine that in those instances, my worth was warranted.
Well worded, but you cleverly ducked the question. You are paid to perform these tasks. My point is this, your worth should never be calculated by others based on pay. Thats sort of a J.P. Morgan philosophy of life.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#159609 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Poor Topix atheists.
But, but, but, waqddabout, but but but waddabout
The Topix atheist motorboat.
They be so astute and sharp and knowledgeable. etc.
Science says.
What does science preach from the highest pulpits in the Almighty Church of Science is the Truth?
The unity of all matter and energy in this universe.
Uh, that includes any thought or intelligence that may arise in it. Parts in a parcel.
But they are special. Just ask them.
Why have you not answered my question about science. Tell me what exists that cannot be detected by science. Ready....set........GO!!!

Location hidden

#159610 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you are either intuitionally missing the point or attempting to redirect the original point. The point was, Jesus never really died, he rose from the dead and continued his existence. This is in NO WAY considered by anyone to be a sacrifice. My friend gave up his life so that others could live, his WAS sacrifice, he stayed dead.
And yes, my friend was an Atheists, there were 5 of us in that group all Atheists. Which also quells that BS about there are no Atheists in a foxhole.
Five atheists in one group is very rare outside an atheist worship service.

I smell bullshit.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#159611 Mar 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
As pointed out in the article, it is probably due to interaction with neutrinos from the sun. This is supported by the particular isotopes of Cl used. It is the specific isotope that is used to detect electron neutrinos.
NIST ruled out neutrinos as "the" factor,so it remains inexplicable, atm.

But we will eventually figure it out, we always do.

It's thought a yet undiscovered particle.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#159612 Mar 11, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
So your worth is based on money?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#159613 Mar 11, 2013
You are unable to prove he existed let alone what he did or had happen to him. Might as well say Frodo died for our sins.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you carry him in your heart, or do you think he was just a sucker for saving your nasty ass?
The story of Jesus was liberating man from his physical self to a higher existence and eternal life. A seed that sprouts into a new world.
Liberation from the tyranny of man, which included those who did it under the name of religious doctrine. It was the religious order that had him killed.
You are gonna die anyhow, right? Live in fear of losing your life, or know you can die and they won't run your life any more. It's a religion of free men, because their spirits are free.

Location hidden

#159614 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Why have you not answered my question about science. Tell me what exists that cannot be detected by science. Ready....set........GO!!!
Anything beyond what it is enabled to detect.

That is anything beyond what the matter and energy we are constructed of can touch or see.

You can not touch or see space, yet it occupies most of our space. It is even within you. All you can detect is what matter isn't there. You can assume some things work though it, such as dark energy and dark matter, but you can't touch it or see it. But science says "they know its there". It has to be because their material observations don't add up with out it.

The very same thing happens with religious beliefs and spirituality.

Lexington, KY

#159615 Mar 11, 2013
You're wrong. Early Christian hero Justin martyr lamented at how satan had created Mithraism before Christ came to try to cause concerts to stumble. He had several debates with followers of Mithra and hated it because they were always showing how Jesus was stolen from their relogion's figurehead.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!
A Pagan website?!? That's your "source"???
Did you bother to check on when Mithraism was? No?
'twas after Jesus, after Christianity. In the 2nd & 3rd century AD. And it was just a Greco-Roman paganist cult.
Maybe a copy?
Naaaaaawww......

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#159616 Mar 11, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave's a philophoser (sic).
He doesn't have to be right.
I know, I know.

But I'm an optimist.

Lexington, KY

#159617 Mar 11, 2013
We can observe space Dave, surely you can do better.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything beyond what it is enabled to detect.
That is anything beyond what the matter and energy we are constructed of can touch or see.
You can not touch or see space, yet it occupies most of our space. It is even within you. All you can detect is what matter isn't there. You can assume some things work though it, such as dark energy and dark matter, but you can't touch it or see it. But science says "they know its there". It has to be because their material observations don't add up with out it.
The very same thing happens with religious beliefs and spirituality.
Why I AM Right

Redding, CA

#159618 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Why have you not answered my question about science. Tell me what exists that cannot be detected by science. Ready....set........GO!!!
Darkness
Why I AM Right

Redding, CA

#159619 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
atheism
Why I AM Right

Redding, CA

#159620 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Logical Truths

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#159621 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Five atheists in one group is very rare outside an atheist worship service.
I smell bullshit.
Happens all the time down at t'pub.
Lincoln

United States

#159622 Mar 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You are unable to prove he existed let alone what he did or had happen to him. Might as well say Frodo died for our sins.
<quoted text>
Atheists make a good argument for not believing in anything.
Doubt if anyone will become an atheist from reading the atheist hate on this thread ....just saying.:-)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#159623 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel better?
All you're doing is misrepresenting each verse & taking it out of context.
You're displaying intellectual dishonesty.
Why?
There's that "out of context" excuse. In what "context" is the killing of innocent people morally correct?

The dishonesty comes when people make excuses for bad behavior, in any context.
Why I AM Right

Redding, CA

#159624 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Moral Values
Why I AM Right

Redding, CA

#159625 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Mathematics

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min KayMarie 555,125
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Stilgar Fifrawi 765,295
Why Topix is dying 33 min andet1987 4
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 43 min andet1987 4,422
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min Rick in Kansas 263,669
Respecting Gays is one way to go to Heaven 48 min andet1987 43
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 51 min Grau 119,287
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 603,711
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 hr Jan 1,190

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE