Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
153,401 - 153,420 of 226,320 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#159578 Mar 11, 2013
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/03/11/res...

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Anza-Pa...

Catcher, if you drop off the radar suddenly, we will understand.

Uh, you might want to get right with God without too much hesitation soon.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#159579 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When read by ignorant morons like you, yes.
It's people like you that misread the Bible. It's people like you that started the Crusades.
Study the Bible, son. Don't just read it.
I did and you have not RR.

Want to test my knowledge vs yours of the OT or NT?
Pick ANY verse and I will find one that contradicts yours.

Most atheists have actually taken the time to read the stupid book you find so compelling.

What is there to misread?

Among God's curses on people who won't obey his commandments is the following: "And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee." (Deuteronomy 28:53)

Here we go again. Disgusting!

Since the Israelites were not supposed to "work" on the Sabbath day, a man who was caught picking up sticks (presumably for firewood, but who cares?) was ordered directly by God to be stoned to death.(Numbers 15:33-36) For another infraction there was another slaughter. "And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun." (Numbers 25:4) Heads. More heads. But not in baskets this time. I guess the severed heads were hung up on tree branches or something.(I may be ill.)

If a son is stubborn, rebellious, a glutton and a drunkard he shall be stoned to death.(Deuteronomy 21:20-21) "Witches" are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27) So witches really do exist - according to the Bible. Homosexuals must be murdered.(Leviticus 20:13) and (Romans 1:26¬32) You should beat your children with rods.(Proverbs 23:13,14) A king offers his oldest son as a "burnt offering." (2 Kings 3:27)

Two men who had displeased God were buried alive with their wives and little children.(Numbers 16:27-33) Men who plotted against Daniel are thrown into a lions' den along with their wives and children. The lions "broke all their bones in pieces." (Dan 6:24)

Whether as an allegory or not, a disgusting story is told about raping a woman to death: " The man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go." (Judges 19:25) Her "lord" finds her dead in the morning. "And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces." (Judges 19:29)

Would you read this story to your 12-year-old?

If a virgin is raped, the rapist must pay the now non-virginal girl's father "fifty shekels" and the girl must marry her rapist. So says the Bible.(Deuteronomy 22:28, 29) The daughter of any priest, who "profanes" him by being a whore, "shall be burnt with fire." (Leviticus 21:9)

The Bible is obsessed with hymens and whores. Not at all coincidentally, the Bible makes it seem like a woman can be a "whore" or lose her hymen, all by herself. Wicked woman! However, the usual hymen/whoring activities include men, 100% of the time.

Lot's two virginal daughters get him drunk and each sleeps with him to "preserve seed" of their father. No disapproval of the drunkenness and incest is even hinted at.(Genesis 19:32)

Jesus tells a parable about 10 virgins marrying the same groom on the same night.

He utters not one word of condemnation about such an obscene situation, but merely goes on about the lamps and the oil.

(Matthew 25) Women must keep silent and learn only from their husbands.(1 Corinthians 14:34,35) Women must "submit" to their husbands.(1 Timothy 2:11,12) Does that include wife-beaters? It appears to be all-inclusive. Women must peak to their husbands in fear.(1 Peter 3:1-7)

It's the 21st century... you know it is a myth.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#159580 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are way too simple minded to be an intellectual or a scholar. Such is revealed in your giggles and rushes to be certain of things.
However, if it makes you feel intelligent, that's fine. It entertains those that aren't so simple minded. You are no threat to their world, really. Just an entertaining diversion.
People can't say that you have absolutely nothing - After all, you have inferiority in spades.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#159581 Mar 11, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
If a son is stubborn, rebellious, a glutton and a drunkard he shall be stoned to death.(Deuteronomy 21:20-21) "Witches" are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27) So witches really do exist - according to the Bible. Homosexuals must be murdered.(Leviticus 20:13) and (Romans 1:26¬32) You should beat your children with rods.(Proverbs 23:13,14) A king offers his oldest son as a "burnt offering." (2 Kings 3:27)
Feel better?

All you're doing is misrepresenting each verse & taking it out of context.

You're displaying intellectual dishonesty.

Why?
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#159582 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Neat.
Did you get all that from evilbible.com or something? Or did you pull it out of your ass?(same thing)
Your ignorance is outstanding RR!
Failure to bother to research.

Here is something for the fact allergic theist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus

OOPS! Wiki is also EVIL!

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/christi...
http://www.bobkwebsite.com/krishnajesusmyths....

Golly... are there any more? A FEW 100!

Some may think you are a asset, I say they are off by two letters.

Location hidden

#159583 Mar 11, 2013
Might as well make an observation about global warming, sicence models, and probabilities.

They have all these earthquake and weather models? Based upon observations of thingies for a while?

All of those painstaking and deliberate calculations based upon a geophysical history that has actually been pretty mild. Except for this surge in global climate the last 100 years.

Wellll....let me tell you how things work when you have an energy surge, such as that heat, starts to working. It accelerates some of those geophysical processes. Your probabilities and assumptions change. You have the whole earth mass getting a wave built in it. Mass in motion. Gets a little tricky anticipating how it affects the whole.

One thing about heat that anyone can notice, you don't have to be a physics graduate. It expands things. You've seen cracks in the road from too much sun? Multiply that effect globally.

One good tidal force from the moon and a bit of water can trigger some nice earthquakes. Just that teensy weensy little extra.

All that heat has to go somewhere, and when it does it rearranges things. Sometimes in large ways. The crust is less than 1/100th of the radius of the earth. Any extra heat is not going to be conducted to the core, it is going to work on the crust structure. Millimeters and inches add up. The crust is a ring on the circumference. It will open more at the top than the bottom.

If you live someplace where you can expect it eventually, you can expect it to occur faster.

There are other places in the country that will see some activity in the not very distant future.

I'm not saying everyone in California should keep a rope tied to the east of the fault lines handy. But would appreciate it if you pushed your politicians closer to the coast, and keep them there.

Just messing with you Californians.:-)

Enjoy the beach.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#159584 Mar 11, 2013
Your claim needs supporting evidence.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#159585 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"human like form" would be appropriate. Which isn't to say that is God's form, not at all. God appeared in a human like form so Abram would understand.
Then when God is NOT posing as a human, what form is he in? And how do you know? In order for you to KNOW that God's form is NOT always a human one, then you must KNOW what his alternate form or forms are. Otherwise it would be entirely logical to conclude that God is ALWAYS in a human form!!!
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#159586 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When read by ignorant morons like you, yes.
It's people like you that misread the Bible. It's people like you that started the Crusades.
Study the Bible, son. Don't just read it.
It is people like you that continually make excuses for the utter nonsense found within its pages. Failure to communicate with reality.

The "Word of God", far from being inerrant, has always been a work in progress.

Interpret this RR

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.--Exodus 33:23

What if there is a deity and you're worshipping the wrong one?

You are a POSTER CHILD for atheism... we thank you for your unwitting support.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#159587 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your delusional disorder tells you that you know all about reality.
Isn't you that said "if science can't detect it, it doesn't exist"??
LMAO!!
Your turn, show me something, anything that science can't detect.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#159588 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel better?
You're displaying intellectual dishonesty.
Why?
Really?

What am I missing here?

"If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".--Luke 14:26

When my feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "OH For Christ's sake... he's awake!"

Location hidden

#159589 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Then when God is NOT posing as a human, what form is he in? And how do you know? In order for you to KNOW that God's form is NOT always a human one, then you must KNOW what his alternate form or forms are. Otherwise it would be entirely logical to conclude that God is ALWAYS in a human form!!!
You seem to have this perception of separateness from the rest of the universe. Including other humans.

Take the human species. Look at them closely physically and you will notice something. They all have essentially the same DNA. All of the individuals. They tend to collect in groups, though.

Take a rutabaga and examine it closely. It's cells also have essentially the same DNA. But it is one plant. Usually along many others just like it in the same field.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#159590 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh...
http://lmgtfy.com/...
I know how to Google, that was not the question.

How are you defining the term "dead"?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#159591 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Might as well make an observation about global warming, sicence models, and probabilities.
They have all these earthquake and weather models? Based upon observations of thingies for a while?
All of those painstaking and deliberate calculations based upon a geophysical history that has actually been pretty mild. Except for this surge in global climate the last 100 years.
Wellll....let me tell you how things work when you have an energy surge, such as that heat, starts to working. It accelerates some of those geophysical processes. Your probabilities and assumptions change. You have the whole earth mass getting a wave built in it. Mass in motion. Gets a little tricky anticipating how it affects the whole.
One thing about heat that anyone can notice, you don't have to be a physics graduate. It expands things. You've seen cracks in the road from too much sun? Multiply that effect globally.
One good tidal force from the moon and a bit of water can trigger some nice earthquakes. Just that teensy weensy little extra.
All that heat has to go somewhere, and when it does it rearranges things. Sometimes in large ways. The crust is less than 1/100th of the radius of the earth. Any extra heat is not going to be conducted to the core, it is going to work on the crust structure. Millimeters and inches add up. The crust is a ring on the circumference. It will open more at the top than the bottom.
If you live someplace where you can expect it eventually, you can expect it to occur faster.
There are other places in the country that will see some activity in the not very distant future.
I'm not saying everyone in California should keep a rope tied to the east of the fault lines handy. But would appreciate it if you pushed your politicians closer to the coast, and keep them there.
Enjoy the beach.
Proof that a little knowledge of physics can be a dangerous thing.
bohart

Newport, TN

#159592 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Enjoy the beach.
Check out Neal Adams video on you tube, IS THE EARTH GROWING. Its neat to watch
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#159593 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
But his influence is still felt far and wide.
Can't say the same for your great grandparents.
Adolf Hitlers influence is still felt far and wide. Is this some more of your twisted criteria?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#159594 Mar 11, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>Wow!

Whenever I think you might have one working brain cell you fall into the abyss of ignorance again.

It is you that failed to check on MITHRAS.
FAITH has corrupted your mind. Facts are abandoned for fantasy.

How about I throw more facts at you. Google them!

I have nothing to hide... why are you hiding from the truth?

Mithraism hit Rome in the first century BC as the Mithraic cult fled Persia. Here it flourished as the Sun God Natalis Solis Invicti. The leader of this religion ruled from what is now Vatican hill, which is a place previously sacred to Mithras. This male leader was called Papa (which is how we get the word “Pope”). Books in honor of Mithras were called “Helio Biblia,” which translates to us as either “Sun Book” or “Holy Bible.”

But hang on!

Before Mithras there was Krishna in India, circa 1200 BC. Krishna was born of the Virgin Mother Devaki after being visited by spirits to announce the impending birth of an immaculately conceived child who is God’s Sun and the “son of God.” His birth was attended by wise men, as well as shepherds. Krishna was presented at birth with frankincense, myrrh, and gold. Krishna worked miracles, restored sight, cast out devils, and raised the dead.

Many hundreds of years before both Mithras AND Jesus, Krishna was baptised in the River Ganges, crucified between two thieves, died, buried, and resurrected in three days and worshipped as the “saviour of men.” He proclaimed himself the “Resurrection” and the “way to the Father.”

He was said to be without sin, of royal descent, and raised by a human father that was ... a carpenter. He preached of a great and final day of judgment and used parables to teach the people about charity and love. In death he stood transfigured in front of his disciples. Krishna was called the ”Shepherd God”,“Lord of lords”,“the Redeemer,” and the “Universal Word.” He was considered,“Alpha and Omega” as well as being omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent.

He was prophesised to return to battle evil forces in a second coming. His disciples bestowed on him a word that means “pure essence.” That word is “Jezeus.”

But, oh no! ThatÂ’s not all!

Thousands of years before Krishna, Mithras, and Jesus is the sun god Horus.

Horus goes back to Egypt circa 3000 BC. Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25 in a cave/manger with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men. In the catacombs at Rome are pictures of the baby Horus being held by the virgin mother Isis. Horus taught in the temple when he was a child. He was baptised when he was 30 years old by “Anup the Baptiser.”

Horus performed miracles and raised a man named El-Azar-us, from the dead. Not only did Horus walk on water, he was also crucified, buried in a tomb, and then resurrected.

Horus was known as “the Way,”“the Fisher,”“the Truth,”“the Light,”“God’s Anointed Son,”“the Son of Man,”“the Good Shepherd,”“the Lamb of God,” and “the Word.” He was also was called “the KRST,” or “Anointed One.”(It is worth noting here that Christos means anointed in Greek.)

There was a trinity with Horus: Atum the Father and Ra the Holy Spirit. Add Horus and we have the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. In the later years of Horus, he had 12 disciples known as Har-Khuttie. Horus had an enemy (originally this was also the dark side of Horus, or his other face).

This evil enemy was “Set” or “Sata.” Horus struggles with Sata for 40 days in the wilderness. Some claim that this myth represents the triumph of light over dark. This triumph is most noted on December 25.
Yeah but....

Yeah but...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#159595 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know that Jesus is "still dead"?

Are you too arrogant to admit that is your opinion?
Yup.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#159596 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
8 references to your greatness in one little post...
LOL
Not to my greatness, that comes later, but to my WORTH. I don't assign worth to me, other people do. So your comprehension skills need some work, the post was about people who consider my worth.
bohart

Newport, TN

#159597 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Not to my greatness, that comes later, but to my WORTH. I don't assign worth to me, other people do. So your comprehension skills need some work, the post was about people who consider my worth.
So your worth is based on money?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Lord stuart XXX 599,870
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min New Age Spiritual... 732,871
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 8 min girls united states 741
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min DNF 94,665
I want my BF to have sex with another girl (Jan '13) 11 min girls united states 29
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Charlie Sheen 257,915
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min JUDEletePete 117,965
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min June VanDerMark 538,885
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••