Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#159294 Mar 9, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean they charge money?
Is that how you met her?
Ever been Tia club where they didn't charge money?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#159295 Mar 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Water has a granularity not found in true space.

Notice everything is in motion.

Math is necessary, but it is a tool, and not supposed to be the deity.

Some where along the line a false model was created using math because of incorrect interpretations of events. That model built upon those incorrect assumptions has become a false idol.

One more time. Space as a superfluid with no granularity. Using a syringe as an example of motion imparted. The syringe is opened and full of this same space. Close the syringe. The jet encounters the space and the motion wraps that space around the linear stream you just created. The collapse behind the direction of motion keeps the ball formed by that wrapping moving. This is where inertia happens, and your perception of the speed of light limit. The displacing of what is in front and the fill in behind.

That spinning ball you just created now appears "solid" because of its motion. That motion creates something to react with.

But the whole universe is a pretty complex collection of those thingies.

But something started the motion of space. Whether it is in a closed container or THE universal substance.

You are looking at thought, there.

Or something like that.
Give it up, Dave.(Note the comma)

You're an idiot.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#159296 Mar 9, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>"...Lord Kelvin gradually figured it out...."
....this is the basis of your belief ?:-)

From the start, the tone of atheist evangelicals suggested desperation .
Atheism may be understood as a response to the persistence of faith. This may explain the tone of atheists and increasingly angry at the fact that people continue to believe.
Atheists may wish control of America at a time of their decline?
Peace
Give it up, Dave.(Note the comma)

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#159297 Mar 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>It would be easier to respond to that if you were more coherent in presenting it.

You assume a lot in your deductions, ignoring many other things.

They believed in a higher power or religion until the end of their days.

Every true scientist knows something lurks beyond the pale. Their intellect and intuition tells them so. This is one of the motivations for them to pursue how it is put together. To follow the stream back home.

Then you have Topix atheists that rant and rave from a strictly emotional viewpoint,,and coupled with their inability to think, reach out and grab portions of science espoused by other nut cases, interpretations of a theological nature and not true scientific interpretations, as "truths" not to be denied.

They have to find others that can think, and use the personal interpretations of those others as justification for their mental and emotional issues.
You're the one with issues, Dave.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#159298 Mar 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
The level that a Topix atheist's brain works at prevents them from thinking beyond the literal, and from grasping allegory and metaphors.

They screech and rant and rave against the literal words of religious works, and almost exclusively against the Abrahamic Bible.

There are two words in that Bible that should pique the interest of anyone with a brain.

"I AM".

But that will sail right over their heads.
Or under our feet.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#159299 Mar 9, 2013
Tia never charges me.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever been Tia club where they didn't charge money?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#159300 Mar 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>There is a division between organized religion and more independent spirituality that grew from that, not a denial of a higher power or dimension.

That is what Jesus taught. Individual connections to the great "I AM". The emergence of consciousness and existence. All you got to do is believe you live past this manifestation.

The church and formalized doctrine were created by men. That could be by design of a higher power to spread a message, but man is good about overcomplicating some things, and putting some money in his pocket from such. He has a way of perverting anything from its original meaning, especially to suit his needs. Doesn't make the core message wrong.
What core message?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#159301 Mar 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/09/ living/higher-call-military-ch ivalry/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

You don't get stories like this from being a piece of animated stellar doo doo.
Yes you do.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#159302 Mar 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You are really, really out of the rational area of mental processes.

You have no perspective on reality outside that you created for yourself. And try to share with others.
Don't like the truth, do you Dave?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#159303 Mar 9, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>You’re the one that brought it up.

Why are you?

Dave Nelson wrote, "<quoted text>
When you are a creature aware of itself and that everything is "created", by whatever method, and aware there is the possibility of another dimesnion of existence, afterlife, etc, then you either have a belief there is another one of those, or you don't believe, or you just flat don't know. Topix atheists get on here and argue there isn't, using scientism as a proxy for their "non-belief". Being proactive in expressing is believing, or a state of confusion.
If someone gets on hre and professes there is no afterlife, deity, or spiritual existence, then they have a belief.
The funny part is they just can't say they don't believe, they have to dance around. Which means they aren't sure of their belief in their non-belief, but that doesn't stop them from being obnoxious and accusing the religious of being dumb drones and ranting and raving against anything they say.
I believe they are nuts and/or troubled minds. I am sue there are many more that think the same way, especially after reading these "athiest forums" where they can gather and be supportive of each other in their expressions of their irrational thinking.
Topix atheists are proven nut cases."

So you are the one and only expert on all things. There are a lot of atheist that say the same about the religious “Topix religious are proven nut cases”.

You seem to have some hate issues when it comes to others belief or non-belief.
Dave hates that he's an idiot.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#159304 Mar 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate atheists. I was one for 50 years. I hate as*holes posing as one just to be as*holes. They were much more intellectual and classier before it became a fad for idiots on the internet.

That is why I use the term Topix atheists all of the time. Faux intellects.
You were never atheist.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#159305 Mar 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, language, but not a god.

Too many math geeks got lost in working math puzzles.

I remember carrying a lot of pencils in my shirt pocket, but never had a pocket protector.
What?
Kipling

United States

#159306 Mar 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but never had one.

Had a little pencil box with a sliding ruler on top for the cover.
We had a whole class on how to use a slide ruler.
Kipling

United States

#159307 Mar 9, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Correction: slide rule. Not slide ruler.

I got a very nice slide rule as a present for when I entered college. It had a leather case and a belt loop. It also had several rules that were not on cheaper models. I still have it and remember how to use it. This was probably one of the last slide rules manufactured: it wasn't long after that I got a programmable 'pocket' calculator (for a couple hundred dollars).
I could not tell you how to read one anymore.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#159308 Mar 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Tia never charges me.
<quoted text>
Dude....

Tia is actually Tom.

D'oH!
Dave Nelson

Westcliffe, CO

#159309 Mar 9, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Very simple. If you are a straight boy, the last thing you want to be called is a girl. It is not that girls are bad, it is simply that you are not one.
Same goes for gays. If you are straight, you don't want to be called gay. That is the opposite of what you are.
But somehow that does not translate to stupid people. If you call a stupid person, such as yourself, stupid, the get pissed! If a smart person does something stupid and you call them stupid for it, they say, "Yeah, that was stupid. Drinks are on me."
If you call a stupid person smart, they are dumb enough to believe it.
Another piece of the puzzle is; people like you hate gays. Your kind wants to round them all up to keep them from reproducing. Yet, so many of your kind are caught in homosexual acts.
I hope that I have cleared this up for you. Now get off your knees!
Bullshit. It is still hurled as an insult, and it mocks gays, insulting them. Closet homosexual haters.

So you aren't young?

That explains how you have being stupid and obnoxious down pat. Nothing like someone with long experience.
Dave Nelson

Westcliffe, CO

#159310 Mar 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your confidence in me, but you'll have to give me a couple of examples of what you are referring to.
Good night.
I know you don't have to play dumb.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#159311 Mar 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't have to play dumb.
I'm serious.
By the way, did you move from Greeley to Westcliffe or whatever it's called?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#159312 Mar 9, 2013
Cool. I remembered the password.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#159313 Mar 9, 2013
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha a!!

One too many hits to the head eh Dave?

LMFAO!!!
Dave Nelson wrote:
Cool. I remembered the password.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 min MUQ2 46,034
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Joe Fortuna 92,247
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min truth 667,516
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 979,264
Waiting to pee 1 hr Tallguy95 1
allofourstuff.com 2 hr AllofOurStuff 1
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 2 hr kingwhats 449
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr what 285,938
More from around the web