Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
152,821 - 152,840 of 224,353 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I see no necessity to get some kind of homogenized universal agreement on gender. That would never happen anyway, nor should it. My point is that it's important to remember that gender is very subjective. And how our own culture (American? West-coast specifically?) defines gender has changed a great deal and will continue to do so. You've often made comments about the roles you think men and women should have, though I don't know how facetious you were being.
Gender role models may have changed a little in San Fran, but y'all do shit weird up there. It's like a free-for-all.

Down here in SoCal, genders are quite different - as are the roles.

Homosexuals don't get to change what is considered male & female, wilder. And I see no reason why you'd want that or advocate it. Do you want a manly man or a womanly man? You don't want to answer, you just want a man.

Genders & gender roles don't work that way.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Leave bigotry in your quarters; there's no room for it on the bridge.
Kirk in 'Balance of Terror'

"No more blah, blah, blah!
Kirk in 'Miri'
Even vyger knew there was a creator.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Gender role models may have changed a little in San Fran, but y'all do shit weird up there. It's like a free-for-all.
Down here in SoCal, genders are quite different - as are the roles.
Homosexuals don't get to change what is considered male & female, wilder. And I see no reason why you'd want that or advocate it. Do you want a manly man or a womanly man? You don't want to answer, you just want a man.
Genders & gender roles don't work that way.
I've pretty clearly stated that I'm not advocating anything in this regard, except perhaps that I want people to be able to honestly express who they are. If you feel more secure surrounding yourself with people who "act" a certain way, then feel free to do so. I don't want to live life on a stage with actors performing roles; I prefer reality. There seems to be a continuing theme with you where you are afraid that if people are allowed to vary from certain rigidly defined parameters, chaos will be the result. That is not necessarily true. In fact, if you allow people more leeway, I've found often that people are more relaxed and happier in general. But I can see why religion appeals to you that way. It tells you what to think, say, and do, and more importantly, gives you a platform for dictating to *others* what *they* can think, say, and do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy cracks corn. What else is there. LOL
I don't care?

Stupid corn.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Even vyger knew there was a creator.
Dude!

It's "VGER"....
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Why did the Chechen cross the road?
Because the Russian soldiers were shooting at it.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
To get to the other side?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I've pretty clearly stated that I'm not advocating anything in this regard, except perhaps that I want people to be able to honestly express who they are. If you feel more secure surrounding yourself with people who "act" a certain way, then feel free to do so. I don't want to live life on a stage with actors performing roles; I prefer reality. There seems to be a continuing theme with you where you are afraid that if people are allowed to vary from certain rigidly defined parameters, chaos will be the result. That is not necessarily true. In fact, if you allow people more leeway, I've found often that people are more relaxed and happier in general. But I can see why religion appeals to you that way. It tells you what to think, say, and do, and more importantly, gives you a platform for dictating to *others* what *they* can think, say, and do.
You've got me all wrong, man. I'm not even attempting to tell anyone how they should live. You're getting off track.

I agree with you that people should be able to feel free to express themselves as they see fit.

I do not agree that those people should try to change the way we define gender roles to help their expressive feelings.

If a man want to act & feel manly, so what?

I turn, if a man want to act & feel womanly, so what?

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not agree that those people should try to change the way we define gender roles to help their expressive feelings.
OK, I'm trying to figure this out. Who is the "we" who defines gender roles for others?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care?

Stupid corn.
:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'm trying to figure this out. Who is the "we" who defines gender roles for others?
We, the public, the made, the hordes....

It's caused due to biological and physiological differences of men and women.

Now I'm no anti-gay or homophobe, but no matter how much the gays want to intermingle the genders, it's not gonna happen.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Dude!

It's "VGER"....
You know I was not sure so I googled it and found the first 3 all said Vyger.
I did think it was Vger also but didn't want to get ripped so I looked it up. Sometimes ya can't win. LOL

http://doesgodexist.multiply.com/notes/item/3...

http://m.ciao.co.uk/Star_Trek_The_Motion_Pict...

http://www.startrek.com/boards-topic/33332634...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Not "the made" - "the masses"...

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm no anti-gay or homophobe, but no matter how much the gays want to intermingle the genders, it's not gonna happen.
Who said gay people want to intermingle genders? I've never heard that before.

Also, where do you get this idea that the public universally agrees on what is masculine or feminine? And what public are you talking about? The US? California? The world? Who?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish you were having sex.
Donkey punch is a slang term for a fictitious sexual practice supposedly performed during doggy style sex, particularly anal sex. The purported practice involves the penetrating partner punching the receiving partner on the back of the head or in the lower back to make the receiving partner's anal or vaginal passage tense up, thus increasing the pleasure of the penetrative partner.[1][2] In fact, there is no reflex in humans that would cause such tensing in response to a blow on the head, although striking a partner on the back of the neck or head could cause severe, even lethal injury.[3]
Some things people do are just evil!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind.
That was too explicate for your virgin eyes.
Back to shutes n ladders!
Yep, u hit the nail on the head this time!!

U know i'm sure that Dave, Aura, Tide and u do not speak the same language I do! U all speak different languages!!

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me what you are saying is: you have certain stereotypes about masculinity and femininity, and you don't like people who don't fit your definitions. And you especially don't like that some gay people don't conform to your ideas about men and women.

Assuming that I'm reasonably correct, it seems to me that people who don't fit in your box don't threaten you. You are free to have your perspectives, and other people are free to be who they are, and you can like it or not, just as others can approve of your views or not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sexist to be a guy?
It's sexist for future to be a guy, silly!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They were clever and patient people with lots of time on their hands.
So evolution has gone the wrong way then?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer works in a nuclear power plant.
Fred worked in a quarry.
LOL! U honestly telling me u think they actually work? No, they don't!
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>Some things people do are just evil!!
And something people do are jaw dropping good. Like the boy who jumped on the grenade and saved all
His friends in the same squad.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

491 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
So what happens if the Rams cut Michael Sams??? 4 min yon 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min dirty white boy- 721,103
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min danetoo 115,283
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 28 min Doggie 64
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 57 min Epiphany2 599,093
Automatic Oil Press Introduction And Automatic ... 1 hr wintone 1
WE THE PEOPLE Are Not Laughing Anymore 1 hr Patriot 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Chess 532,917
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 256,645