Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158979 Mar 7, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'm trying to figure this out. Who is the "we" who defines gender roles for others?
We, the public, the made, the hordes....

It's caused due to biological and physiological differences of men and women.

Now I'm no anti-gay or homophobe, but no matter how much the gays want to intermingle the genders, it's not gonna happen.
KJV

United States

#158980 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Dude!

It's "VGER"....
You know I was not sure so I googled it and found the first 3 all said Vyger.
I did think it was Vger also but didn't want to get ripped so I looked it up. Sometimes ya can't win. LOL

http://doesgodexist.multiply.com/notes/item/3...

http://m.ciao.co.uk/Star_Trek_The_Motion_Pict...

http://www.startrek.com/boards-topic/33332634...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158981 Mar 7, 2013
Not "the made" - "the masses"...

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#158982 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm no anti-gay or homophobe, but no matter how much the gays want to intermingle the genders, it's not gonna happen.
Who said gay people want to intermingle genders? I've never heard that before.

Also, where do you get this idea that the public universally agrees on what is masculine or feminine? And what public are you talking about? The US? California? The world? Who?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#158983 Mar 7, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish you were having sex.
Donkey punch is a slang term for a fictitious sexual practice supposedly performed during doggy style sex, particularly anal sex. The purported practice involves the penetrating partner punching the receiving partner on the back of the head or in the lower back to make the receiving partner's anal or vaginal passage tense up, thus increasing the pleasure of the penetrative partner.[1][2] In fact, there is no reflex in humans that would cause such tensing in response to a blow on the head, although striking a partner on the back of the neck or head could cause severe, even lethal injury.[3]
Some things people do are just evil!!

Location hidden

#158984 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind.
That was too explicate for your virgin eyes.
Back to shutes n ladders!
Yep, u hit the nail on the head this time!!

U know i'm sure that Dave, Aura, Tide and u do not speak the same language I do! U all speak different languages!!

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#158985 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me what you are saying is: you have certain stereotypes about masculinity and femininity, and you don't like people who don't fit your definitions. And you especially don't like that some gay people don't conform to your ideas about men and women.

Assuming that I'm reasonably correct, it seems to me that people who don't fit in your box don't threaten you. You are free to have your perspectives, and other people are free to be who they are, and you can like it or not, just as others can approve of your views or not.

Location hidden

#158986 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sexist to be a guy?
It's sexist for future to be a guy, silly!!

Location hidden

#158987 Mar 7, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They were clever and patient people with lots of time on their hands.
So evolution has gone the wrong way then?

Location hidden

#158988 Mar 7, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer works in a nuclear power plant.
Fred worked in a quarry.
LOL! U honestly telling me u think they actually work? No, they don't!
KJV

United States

#158989 Mar 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>Some things people do are just evil!!
And something people do are jaw dropping good. Like the boy who jumped on the grenade and saved all
His friends in the same squad.

Location hidden

#158990 Mar 7, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
My 'theory'? My hypothesis is, there is only one or two trolls on here playing the part of several people. All they have to do to get attention is, deny science and hide in it's gaps. I don't think that these trolls are interested in learning science or about christianity, they are just interested in the fight.
Can you imagine the christ talking about a donkey punch or sloppy seconds? Only a troll would say such things.
Hang on, r u calling me a troll or Redneck? I ain't Redneck!!!!!!

If u talkin' about him then i agree 100%. I'm not sure what those words mean but i'm sure Jesus wouldn't say stuff like that!

Also, how did we go from talkin' about pyramids and aliens to internet trolls?

Location hidden

#158991 Mar 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
And something people do are jaw dropping good. Like the boy who jumped on the grenade and saved all
That's cool, but what happened to the boy?
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#158992 Mar 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
must have been an atheist

religious would just get on their knees and pray to god! LOL

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#158993 Mar 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cool, but what happened to the boy?
He fall down go "BOOOM!"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158994 Mar 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I was not sure so I googled it and found the first 3 all said Vyger.
I did think it was Vger also but didn't want to get ripped so I looked it up. Sometimes ya can't win. LOL
http://doesgodexist.multiply.com/notes/item/3...
http://m.ciao.co.uk/Star_Trek_The_Motion_Pict...
http://www.startrek.com/boards-topic/33332634...
Lol, no prob. Ima Star Trek nerd. I know this stuff...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158995 Mar 7, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said gay people want to intermingle genders? I've never heard that before.
Also, where do you get this idea that the public universally agrees on what is masculine or feminine? And what public are you talking about? The US? California? The world? Who?
The US.

You're in the US. I'm in the US. When you & I are talking and I mention our society, what makes you think in talking about any other society than American?

American society has set up many differences between men & women. We all have our different roles to play and if played correctly, we succeed.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. Some women DO take out the trash and some men DO enjoy the ballet....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158996 Mar 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, u hit the nail on the head this time!!
U know i'm sure that Dave, Aura, Tide and u do not speak the same language I do! U all speak different languages!!
That's one of the most bitchenist things about America - our diversity.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158997 Mar 7, 2013
wilderide wrote:
It seems to me what you are saying is: you have certain stereotypes about masculinity and femininity, and you don't like people who don't fit your definitions. And you especially don't like that some gay people don't conform to your ideas about men and women.
Absolutely not. That's not what I'm saying at all. If it were, you & I wouldn't be having this pleasant conversation right now.

I don't understand gays and I probably never will. But there out there, the sneaky little bastards, and I want to learn to be more tolerant than I've been. What better way than to get info straight from the source?
Assuming that I'm reasonably correct, it seems to me that people who don't fit in your box don't threaten you. You are free to have your perspectives, and other people are free to be who they are, and you can like it or not, just as others can approve of your views or not.
Yes, they don't threaten me.

And yes, I don't have to agree with everything they do just like they don't have to agree with everything they do.

To each his own, right?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158998 Mar 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sexist for future to be a guy, silly!!
What?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Epiphany2 605,057
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min pusherman_ 775,697
Heartfelt Farewell by Thousands of Devotees 52 min Himanshr 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 265,196
21 Dead Babies Found on Riverbank in China (Mar '10) 1 hr TehO 662
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ2 37,821
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr pusherman_ 559,652
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
More from around the web