Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256587 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158800 Mar 6, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I've seen. I don't think being gay is trendy, certainly not enough to encourage straight people to pretend they are gay. I think it's more likely that gay people are just more visible now.
Hmm...

Fair enough.

I ain't gonna dispute you, just wanted your opinion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158801 Mar 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
I Japan homosexual men were marrying homosexual women so they could fulfill social obligations.
Really? That sucks.

I mean the getting married part :)

What kind of obligations?

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#158802 Mar 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what you clowns do in Colorado ?
No, they do that in California. They just shack up in CO, in one of those cities along the Front Range.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158803 Mar 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is different in Japan - but now the Western sexual identities are moving here powerfully. Whereas before many MSM (men who have sex with men) told me "I'm not a homosexual, I just want to have sex with men" a lot of them are embracing it. I think they're tired of living hidden lives - but I'm no longer doing that kind of research, so I don't really keep tabs on the people anymore. Some must still claim not to be homosexuals (and the identity markers that they perceive going along with that).
Met my first lesbian couple here a few months back! One was obviously gay, the other apparently straight, going by stereotypes. Well, they broke up and the straightish one is straight, with a bf. She wants to marry a man, have kids. The other one doesn't.
People are so strange and interesting :)
*rubs temples*

ugh...

That's exactly what I meant about "fake" gays that do it for status or pressure or a "cool" level or something. They're not really gay. That one woman who has a bf never was a lesbian.

But she had no problem calling herself that while she was bangin a woman.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#158804 Mar 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
U can, but not massive rocks like that! They too big and too smooth!
We got two choices; aliens or giant aliens!
false dichotomy

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158805 Mar 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But a man and woman might not be able to have babies either! R u honestly telling me the main point of getting married is to have babies? That don't make sense!
It isn't. It's a homophobe cop-out. I'm married, my wife has never had kids and doesn't want any. I have 2 from my previous marriage and got a vasectomy after kid #2. My wife told me that hearing that about me when we first met was a huge relief for her.

We are effectively a straight, married couple that will never procreate.

And we're lovin it

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#158806 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That sucks.
You really want to hear the details, don't you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158807 Mar 6, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong language RR
É melhor ficar calado e ser considerado um tolo do que falar e eliminar qualquer dúvida!
Oh, sorry.

Oh, lo siento.¿Qué tal esto?

Deja de quejarte y cortar el césped de mierda, beaner.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#158808 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hide the snake"......
I was being dirty, lol!

Sssshhh!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158809 Mar 6, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong language RR
É melhor ficar calado e ser considerado um tolo do que falar e eliminar qualquer dúvida!
But I don't wanna be quiet.

And I ain't no fool...

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#158810 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*rubs temples*
ugh...
That's exactly what I meant about "fake" gays that do it for status or pressure or a "cool" level or something. They're not really gay. That one woman who has a bf never was a lesbian.
But she had no problem calling herself that while she was bangin a woman.
I really don't think she sees her life as fake. I'm reasonably certain that she was actually in love with her girlfriend while they dated. They broke up b/c that gf cheated on her. After that, she didn't want to date women b/c she wanted to have children. Then she fell in love with a boy.

At least, I imagine she's not among the most accomplished psychopaths in the world, capable of deceiving others to achieve her own ends of...uh...dating and romance.

RR...are you drinking right now?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#158811 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
According to general human physiology and psychology.
"Rump turns red when fertile" ?? Me no understand.
Tarzan explain.
<quoted text>
Well, true. But I'm not talking about modern day Riverside, I'm talking about modern day.
What's your real purpose of this topic? Are you a limp-wrist gay?(Or whatever you call it, feminine gay, maybe)
rr is looking for a date!! How sweet.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158812 Mar 6, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You really want to hear the details, don't you?
Is there a problem with learning?

Location hidden

#158813 Mar 6, 2013
Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever see what Fred Flintstone does for a living?
He does nothing!! He's like the prehistoric version of Homer Simpson. They both do nothing!

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#158814 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That sucks.
Lots of social pressure to get married. Single people find themselves the target of their family, older contacts and managers - all of whom try to formally set them up with others through a process called "omiai" (arranged love).

When you date someone in Japan, you generally don't tell anyone unless you're getting married. So...everything thinks you're single until you're about to get married. That means you have to go on all these arranged dates to satisfy social obligations b/c your seniors think you're single and it's their "duty" to do something about that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158815 Mar 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think she sees her life as fake. I'm reasonably certain that she was actually in love with her girlfriend while they dated. They broke up b/c that gf cheated on her. After that, she didn't want to date women b/c she wanted to have children. Then she fell in love with a boy.
At least, I imagine she's not among the most accomplished psychopaths in the world, capable of deceiving others to achieve her own ends of...uh...dating and romance.
RR...are you drinking right now?
Yes, I just popped open a fresh Pepsi.

Why? Are you?

Location hidden

#158816 Mar 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Has been for a long time. Not to have the babies, but to establish inheritances and family lineages.
Such is very important for genetic research, also.
Just wait until you see the recordkeeping problems that will show up when Bruce and Brian get married. Especially if children get into the picture.
I can see some poor kid 30 years from now filling out a form 396 for a security clearance whose mommy and daddy were Bruce and Bruce.
I don't know what that form is!

U sound like a scientist who worships Darwin!

Location hidden

#158817 Mar 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You forget about big crazy horse , injun injun no. 9 and him brother ...he who no squauk at bird flying. Plus firewater, anything is possible now.
Nope, not the foggiest!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158818 Mar 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being dirty, lol!
Sssshhh!
Strawberry Shortcake?

Angry Pirate?

Hershey Splurt?

Mexican Avalanche?

Or my fav - The Donkey Punch!

Location hidden

#158820 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They had technology, what are you talking about?
What technology? The technology that we don't have today?

I know what i'm talkin' about but do u, booze brain?:-p

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Dr Banonator 64,469
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min LAWEST100 654,356
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min DebraE 106,596
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min bad bob 183,209
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 27 min RiccardoFire 45,277
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 39 min WasteWater 2,597
Encourage Teenage Girls To Have Sex (Oct '11) 1 hr Horny jack 26 male 29
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 973,918
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web