Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
152,441 - 152,460 of 225,654 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that most theists have an allergy to facts. That's my hypothesis, now I can't prove it yet, but I'm close to accumulating enough evidence to submit for peer review at this point.
I agree sort of...

TopixBibleThumpers™ are indeed allergic to facts and severely challenged by reality.

JesusRoaches™ on the other hand are too delusional and obtuse to consider.

Most theists keep it to themselves like good little sheep should!
It gives them something to do on weekends.

Friday for Muslims
Saturdays for Judaism
Sundays for Xtians

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are not only off-base, but dead wrong. If you don't know what you're doing, would you think it wise to put hydrochloric acid in a tablespoon?
?

Have you taken your medication yet?

Hydrochloric acid and tablespoons as some sort of example in support of your argument. Yeah, that was real good.

Will reading a book experience you with how it is to be burned?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes we learn from books oh senile one. Your way if learning which as you admitted comes from hurting yourself is insane. A child touches a hot stove and gets burned.
The lesson is don't do that again! Would you suggest teaching children by your is
Des of no books and using injuring them instead?
Dave you have lost it.
<quoted text>
Again, you reveal your lack of understanding of what you "know", or ability to think.

Try reading that post again a few times. And read my previous response to KK.

"
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That reflects your weakness of youth and immaturity.
You don't learn from books, you becomes acquainted with things. Then you learn by thinking and applying. That is how you gain knowledge. Otherwise you are an encyclopedia of useless knowledge.
You may understand if you grow up."
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
you really seem to hate atheists a lot.
David religiously follows his Gods instructions. ;)

"If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".--Luke 14:26

I find this verse appropriate.

"And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen".--Exodus 33:23

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Heh heh.

I do have to say that Topix atheists are humorous. Not bright, but humorous.

They get on here and expect everyone, including moi, to believe their book learning, whose books they believe were written by human gods, trumps the personal experiences of those they are trying to convert.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
you really seem to hate atheists a lot.
We know how stupid he is and aren't afraid to tell him.

It spoils his fantasy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
We know how stupid he is and aren't afraid to tell him.
It spoils his fantasy.
You mean this is Fantasy Island for atheists only?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =41QaVfloOQwXX
No magnets or EM. The Topix atheist is the guy in the plaid shirt.
You're weird, Dave.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You're weird, Dave.
I take it you don't like being portrayed as a mean and bitter killjoy, and not real bright?

Deal with it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Topix atheists don't get on here because they are intellectuals or looking to discuss the subject in an intellectual fashion. That is why you see the same scripts and same rants over and over and over and over.

They are disaffected people who got sucked into being used by an ideology. Again, you can tell by the scripts.

Mean and bitter because they can't find peace, and damned if they will let others have it. Say you have found peace of mind in your religion and see what happens if you don't believe me. That's all one has to say and they will go ape shit.

They most all seem to have one thing in common, and that is a literal mind, just like the fundamentalists they try to paint any theist or deist as. It's knee jerk.

If they can start thinking in allegorical fashion maybe a light will come on in them.

The simple fact is that you can believe you exist, I mean it all seems pretty real, but if you can really think in the abstract, you realize it is all an illusion of some kind, even if you believe in the Big Bang and evolution. Being flash in the pans is a universal concept. One of the biggest illusions of all is the belief that science will save your ass. This illusion came about because of the rapid developments in technology and shows like Star Trek. The 1800's were a bit like that, too. People get caught up in Utopian visions.

Topix atheists need to get into touch with themselves and find out who they really are, and not what they think they want to be. Build your life from there, and the hell with those that use your issues to their advantage. Take the manufactured by stickers off their brains and souls.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

You are certainly on to something. Isn't it sad how indoctrination and delusion blinds and binds them?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that most theists have an allergy to facts. That's my hypothesis, now I can't prove it yet, but I'm close to accumulating enough evidence to submit for peer review at this point.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Books are a tremendous asset in human learning Dave. You before clearly stated that books were not useful for learning but hurting yourself was.

Dave says: books bad- injuring yourself good.not just injuring mind you but breaking things on your body! Dave your upcoming broken hip will not teach you much. A book on the scientific process would.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't learn from books, you becomes acquainted with things.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Dave. Honestly. You are unable to understand yourself or even basic concepts like a near death experience requires being near death not just knocked loopy.

That being proven you really shouldn't claim to understand and explain what topix atheists or anyone for that matter do or think, seeing as how you are unable to properly explain even yourself.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Topix atheists don't get on here because they are intellectuals or looking to discuss the subject in an intellectual fashion. That is why you see the same scripts and same rants over and over and over and over.
They are disaffected people who got sucked into being used by an ideology. Again, you can tell by the scripts.
Mean and bitter because they can't find peace, and damned if they will let others have it. Say you have found peace of mind in your religion and see what happens if you don't believe me. That's all one has to say and they will go ape shit.
They most all seem to have one thing in common, and that is a literal mind, just like the fundamentalists they try to paint any theist or deist as. It's knee jerk.
If they can start thinking in allegorical fashion maybe a light will come on in them.
The simple fact is that you can believe you exist, I mean it all seems pretty real, but if you can really think in the abstract, you realize it is all an illusion of some kind, even if you believe in the Big Bang and evolution. Being flash in the pans is a universal concept. One of the biggest illusions of all is the belief that science will save your ass. This illusion came about because of the rapid developments in technology and shows like Star Trek. The 1800's were a bit like that, too. People get caught up in Utopian visions.
Topix atheists need to get into touch with themselves and find out who they really are, and not what they think they want to be. Build your life from there, and the hell with those that use your issues to their advantage. Take the manufactured by stickers off their brains and souls.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Since there have been no intelligent or otherwise worthy posts since my last one, one more thing before I go back to shampooing carpets.

Let's see how many liars we can get here.

Any Topix atheist that has never used Hitchens, Dawkins, or other high priest of atheism, raise your hands.

So much for atheism NOT being a belief system, and one with faith.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Dave. Honestly. You are unable to understand yourself or even basic concepts like a near death experience requires being near death not just knocked loopy.
That being proven you really shouldn't claim to understand and explain what topix atheists or anyone for that matter do or think, seeing as how you are unable to properly explain even yourself.
<quoted text>

Are you trying to say he *didn't suffer brain damage?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Oh certainly he suffered brain damage from being knocked loopy. At his age and frail state any trauma to the head would be devastating. But he wasn't from his own account near death.

I have read about boxers having crazy dreams or hallucinations when knocked out.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to say he *didn't suffer brain damage?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Yes go shampoo some carpets Dave and hey maybe you will be lucky enough to have an accident and do some learning!

Lmfao!:))
Dave Nelson wrote:
Since there have been no intelligent or otherwise worthy posts since my last one, one more thing before I go back to shampooing carpets.
Any Topix atheist that has never used Hitchens, Dawkins, or other high priest of atheism, raise your hands.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Trolling again aye?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolling again aye?
I caught one?

But it's true.

If you have to quote someone else in your non-belief system, then your non-belief system is a belief system. Particularly when you buy their books.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>I take it you don't like being portrayed as a mean and bitter killjoy, and not real bright?

Deal with it.
Awww.

Am I killing your joy?

Poor baby.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min truth 537,123
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Double Fine 730,255
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min AussieBobby 259,310
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 27 min Neelakaran 987
Dirty skype (Dec '12) 35 min bbw 71
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 51 min Al Capone 4,254
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 59 min bad bob 172,953
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr Tim Osman 117,803

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••