Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,616)

Showing posts 152,301 - 152,320 of217,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a fact?
Are you certain?
Yes, that is a FACT!!!! Try.........EDUCATING yourself, just try something a little different.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Actually, I learned what cosplay means about 20 seconds ago.
Coldplay?

I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Ya that post of his was jaw dropping stupid. My science teachers encouraged us to find one observable error in any of our books one testable mistake and we would get crazy bonus points if we could anything. Dirty trick to make us study and participate more!

:)
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations, man.
Once again you have shown that you are the second dumbest poster here.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Should math teachers be made to teach alternatives to the multiplication table? Perhaps using tea leaves to foresee the answer?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are indoctrinating in atheism.
It does not support as I pointed out in a previous post tonight.
People of your mindset need to be removed from the public education system.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I see no problem in disclosing the fact that complex chemical under the right condition can produce Amino Acids, the building block for life. That ALL living things rely on Amino Acids. I think any student with any intelligence at all will make the connection that this fact would be viewed as more than just a "spec" of evidence for abiogenesis.
And you would have what.....Here students is a choice for you to make on how life came to be.
A.) Complex Chemicals, and many of the same elements that not only make up the stars but also our bodies, were abundant on an early Earth. Science has show that Chemicals under the right
conditions can produce some of the ingredients necessary for life. With Helium ..nitrogen...oxygen..hydrogen and carbon, all some of the most abundant elements in the universe, and coincidentally most of what human are made of, it would seem that life in the universe is inevitable. The inevitable consequence of complex chemistry. or
B.) Simply because many things in the universe are so very complex, and we can't understand the complexity then we must assign a fictitious being to the design of this things. Unlike abiogenesis which is a concept fully rooted in the naturalistic realm, the design concept involves an invisible being for which there is not a shred of evidence. My dear students, Option B requires to you accept this premiss based on FAITH. Faith is what you MUST have when no demonstrable evidence is available.
If I were a student the choice would be very simple choice!!!
Oh, by the way, it was a stingray that killed Steve Irwin not a jellyfish....you don't get out much do you!!!!
Was it a jellyfish turned into a stingray by Global Warming?

...almost forgot...

Intelligent Design involves no invisible being.

Building blocks are the building blocks of buildings.

Finding some is a long way from having a building.

I don't think kids will make that jump - on their own.

But ahhhh,...they don't have to. It is supplied generously by the Darwinists.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Ya that post of his was jaw dropping stupid. My science teachers encouraged us to find one observable error in any of our books one testable mistake and we would get crazy bonus points if we could anything. Dirty trick to make us study and participate more!
:)
<quoted text>
Your teacher knew you couldn't find your ass with a bell on it.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

All based upon observable evidence bs none for any god.

Wow that brain damage has really retarded your thought process.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue was teaching random abiogenesis as the sole reason for our existence. No deities or intelligent designers. All based upon conjecture.
I didn't think you would be smart enough to realize how that establishes an official declaration of atheism as the state religion.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

The deigned is known and discovered? This designer is observable?

Stop humiliating yourself lardass.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
First, even Hiding admitted abiogenesis is "necessary" for current evolutionary theory.
Second, ID is not rooted in anything supernatural.
In other words, something undiscovered and unknown to exist is necessary for evolution, but not for ID.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt= hp_t3#/video/us/2013/03/04/nr- cpr-senior-living-center.cnn
Progressive California humanism.
As dictated by progressive California lawyers, I am sure.
They elected a governor named "Moonbeam".

He has gas up to around $75 dollars a gallon out there now.

Everyone there with a brain has packed up and moved to Texas.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I see no problem in disclosing the fact that complex chemical under the right condition can produce Amino Acids, the building block for life. That ALL living things rely on Amino Acids. I think any student with any intelligence at all will make the connection that this fact would be viewed as more than just a "spec" of evidence for abiogenesis.
And you would have what.....Here students is a choice for you to make on how life came to be.
A.) Complex Chemicals, and many of the same elements that not only make up the stars but also our bodies, were abundant on an early Earth. Science has show that Chemicals under the right
conditions can produce some of the ingredients necessary for life. With Helium ..nitrogen...oxygen..hydrogen and carbon, all some of the most abundant elements in the universe, and coincidentally most of what human are made of, it would seem that life in the universe is inevitable. The inevitable consequence of complex chemistry. or
B.) Simply because many things in the universe are so very complex, and we can't understand the complexity then we must assign a fictitious being to the design of this things. Unlike abiogenesis which is a concept fully rooted in the naturalistic realm, the design concept involves an invisible being for which there is not a shred of evidence. My dear students, Option B requires to you accept this premiss based on FAITH. Faith is what you MUST have when no demonstrable evidence is available.
If I were a student the choice would be very simple choice!!!
Oh, by the way, it was a stingray that killed Steve Irwin not a jellyfish....you don't get out much do you!!!!
You have a total mental block.

Why do you assume just because you can duplicate a chemical process that that process was not used in the beginning by another intelligent force?

Why do you refuse to allow even the thought of such an intelligent force being possible be allowed to be taught?

You people are loopy. Your "science" is a cumulative collection of individual minds creating a collective consciousness applying technology. Your mankind thing.

But even every mankind organization has a head, or central intelligence making decisions.

You idiots don't know what you are arguing for or about. It is strictly a reaction to a book and the political organization that developed from it, a political thing, and you turn against the entire universe and creative force.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Should math teachers be made to teach alternatives to the multiplication table?
They already do.

Learning the tables was too much trouble.

Left insufficient time to study Al Gore's movies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
All based upon observable evidence bs none for any god.
Wow that brain damage has really retarded your thought process.
<quoted text>
What was that degree? The one other than youtubepostology?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Your issues are due to you being a complete reject not science. So this designer of yours is designing new strains of bacteria to kill millions of children?
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but I did walk into an airplane propeller once.
Bad job, science.
I was also dragged behind a truck with an internal combustion engine once.
Bad boy, science!
I also had electroshock treatments 21 times in one month.
Bad, bad, bad boy, science. <wagging finger>
My friend bought this chemical compound to attract deer, and rubbed it all over himself. Then a big buck deer tried to fuck him.
Bad, bad, bad boy, Mr. Science.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you tell me.
Where were you when I was running down the street holding my insides in with my hand?
I didn't know the two guys I wrestled that 9mm away from had a friend behind me with one just like it.
Felt like a cramp in my back. Till I saw the big hole where it came out the front. He was a lousy shot - missed my spine by a quarter inch.
Was that in your atheist days when you were less considered in your courses of actions?

I was raised in the city. You learned early not to take too many things like that for granted.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that is a FACT!!!! Try.........EDUCATING yourself, just try something a little different.
Al Gore's movie?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Looking down at your fat jiggling stomach? Certainly it gets a workout from all your eating.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
<looking downward> Thanks, maam.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

More progressive science:

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Your issues are due to you being a complete reject not science. So this designer of yours is designing new strains of bacteria to kill millions of children?
<quoted text>
You want the job?

That's a hoot.

Everyone would be playing the one-hole flute.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

I actually posted a video to one of my previous classes at my old school Dave. If you lack the IQ to put it together from there that is on you.

I know you suffered brain damage old man and I'm sorry for that but you need to step it up before you are put out to pasture.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What was that degree? The one other than youtubepostology?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

One cannot prove or disprove the existence of God using the scientific method. Therefore your thoughts and beliefs are just that. Yours. You, like all other people, have no right to impose said thoughts or beliefs upon your fellow man. Or to condemn them for having thoughts and beliefs of their own.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,301 - 152,320 of217,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

630 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min RiversideRedneck 681,037
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min OldJG 512,409
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 4 min 7B9FC4DE 167
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Pegasus 250,471
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min Lyndi 168,956
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min u r funny gay or funny ha 109,865
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min pusherman_ 596,642
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr KiMare 89,639
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 4 hr nikeelite0193 291
•••
•••
•••