Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#158431 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That post exemplifies an example of a run-on sentence.
Holy crap.
Like I said before, when someone takes the time and energy to point out spelling errors and grammatical errors, it means their arguments have failed miserably. No rebuttal is possible, no point to be made, totally destroyed by the superior intellect, he now resorts to the ONLY thing left for him to do, scramble around searching for spelling or grammatical errors. Pitiful, truly pitiful!!!!!
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#158432 Mar 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Design versus oh it just happened.
The first is considered religious and imaginary by the proponents of the second.
It shouldn't really take a lot of smarts to realize which is more rational and scientific. But the Topix proponents of the second will fail that.
Let's take an approach here that will also be totally lost on them due to the emotional character of their very being.
I'm a technician. Cause and effect. Scientists are technicians, too. Cause and effect.
It's an approach to figure how things are put together.
You analyze and break down component parts of a system, including universes. You see the similarities of forces, and how they interrelate and interact, involved in the construction of said systems. It is very important in the physics world for these forces to follow laws.
You have a universe following these laws where you can predict what is going to happen. You have circuits and systems you design to follow these same laws to do whatever suits you.
Let that paragraph sink in a moment.
Now. A Topix atheist screeches "Oh, it just happened. Science says so!".
A rational person(technician, scientist, etc) thinks, "Hmmm....we(meaning humanity and its thinking,etc), are made of the same laws and thingies. I wonder....?".
The cause and effect argument went as a valid argument a long time ago, I'm surprised you never noticed. Everything has a cause......That would include your designer. You can't set up parameters and then exclude your main component, thats called SPECIAL PLEADING.

The universe has ALWAYS existed it has no boundaries, no edges it is infinite. So says Steven Hawking. That is what the Hartle-Hawking State is. Its a no-boundary proposal that the universe is infinitely finite. There was NO time before the BB because time did not exist before the formation of space-time associated with the BB. The universe has NO beginning, it has NO initial boundaries in time nor space. "Beginnings" are entities that have to do with time: Because time did not exist before the BB the concept of a beginning of the universe is meaningless. As Hawking says about the universe....."It just is."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158433 Mar 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said before, when someone takes the time and energy to point out spelling errors and grammatical errors, it means their arguments have failed miserably. No rebuttal is possible, no point to be made, totally destroyed by the superior intellect, he now resorts to the ONLY thing left for him to do, scramble around searching for spelling or grammatical errors. Pitiful, truly pitiful!!!!!
HA HA HA HA !!!!!

"Superior intellect"?

Khan?!

Don't try to push your brainwashed ideologies on us, kiddo. It ain't gonna work.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#158434 Mar 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said before, when someone takes the time and energy to point out spelling errors and grammatical errors, it means their arguments have failed miserably. No rebuttal is possible, no point to be made, totally destroyed by the superior intellect, he now resorts to the ONLY thing left for him to do, scramble around searching for spelling or grammatical errors. Pitiful, truly pitiful!!!!!
Please be advised the use of five(5) exclamation points after a three word, one(1) punctuation mark sentence is a violation of the standards adopted by the Society For The Proper Use of Exclamation Points As Used On All Forms of Digital Communications. The limit is three(3). You have exceeded this amount by two(2).

I suggest you contact them and purchase their guidebook to prevent looking like an uneducated idiot. Being identified as uneducated is surely something you may wish to avoid.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158435 Mar 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Antibiotic resistance IS an example of evolution,
HA !

I know you're trying really hard, but you're too damned brainwashed to know better...

Ever hear of conjugation? Probably not, it refutes your ignorant post.

It happens when 2 bacterial cells join and an exchange of genetic material occurs. That isn't evolving, that conjugating. There's a difference.

Why don't you try reading up on E. coli? It allegedly has undergone a billion years worth of mutations, but it's remained stable and hasn't "evolved"....

We'll wait.

Google is free today.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#158436 Mar 4, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it a jellyfish turned into a stingray by Global Warming?
...almost forgot...
Intelligent Design involves no invisible being.
Building blocks are the building blocks of buildings.
Finding some is a long way from having a building.
I don't think kids will make that jump - on their own.
But ahhhh,...they don't have to. It is supplied generously by the Darwinists.
Nope it was just a plain old stingray, even with the process of evolution it hasn't changed much in a couple of million years.

Be so kind as to put a face on the intelligent part of intelligent design....Who or what is the designer?

Kind these days are much smarter than you think!!!

Amino Acids are called by scientists, "the building blocks for life." Apparently once you have those blocks you're on your way to life forms!!!! Ok quick now........since science doesn't know the exact formulae and procedure for creating life out of those building blocks, jump in and fill that gap with GOD.......Ready.....set.....GO !!!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#158437 Mar 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The cause and effect argument went as a valid argument a long time ago, I'm surprised you never noticed. Everything has a cause......That would include your designer. You can't set up parameters and then exclude your main component, thats called SPECIAL PLEADING.
The universe has ALWAYS existed it has no boundaries, no edges it is infinite. So says Steven Hawking. That is what the Hartle-Hawking State is. Its a no-boundary proposal that the universe is infinitely finite. There was NO time before the BB because time did not exist before the formation of space-time associated with the BB. The universe has NO beginning, it has NO initial boundaries in time nor space. "Beginnings" are entities that have to do with time: Because time did not exist before the BB the concept of a beginning of the universe is meaningless. As Hawking says about the universe....."It just is."
Upon observation of your remarkable intellectual capabilities and rationality, it can be understood why cause and effect would no longer be considered as necessary in your reasoning system.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#158438 Mar 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a total mental block.
Why do you assume just because you can duplicate a chemical process that that process was not used in the beginning by another intelligent force?
Why do you refuse to allow even the thought of such an intelligent force being possible be allowed to be taught?
You people are loopy. Your "science" is a cumulative collection of individual minds creating a collective consciousness applying technology. Your mankind thing.
But even every mankind organization has a head, or central intelligence making decisions.
You idiots don't know what you are arguing for or about. It is strictly a reaction to a book and the political organization that developed from it, a political thing, and you turn against the entire universe and creative force.
Ok, the fish God from Neptune was the intelligent force behind that chemical process, happy!! Fell free to prove me wrong on this. But maybe it was the Metrons, they can actually levitate so mixing some chemicals to create simple single cell organism would be child's play. OK, I change my answer from the Fish Gods of Neptune to the Metrons.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158439 Mar 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Please be advised the use of five(5) exclamation points after a three word, one(1) punctuation mark sentence is a violation of the standards adopted by the Society For The Proper Use of Exclamation Points As Used On All Forms of Digital Communications. The limit is three(3). You have exceeded this amount by two(2).
I suggest you contact them and purchase their guidebook to prevent looking like an uneducated idiot. Being identified as uneducated is surely something you may wish to avoid.
Good call!!!!!!!!!!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158440 Mar 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Who or what is the designer?
That is the correct question.

Let's see if we can find the answer...
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#158441 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. It is a FACT that you are brainwashed beyond repair.
Excellent, you were at least smart enough no to question me and to engage in a conversation where you would have been brutally beaten into the ground. You ARE getting smarter, goods for you.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158442 Mar 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Kind these days are much smarter than you think!!!
WHO is smarter?
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#158443 Mar 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, look another one totally at a lost to argue his point, who instead points out grammatical issues!!!!!!!!!! pops, one too many!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, maybe he won't notice.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158444 Mar 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Amino Acids are called by scientists, "the building blocks for life."
Great, got it.

Now who is the mason that puts all the "blocks" together?

Amino acids made of atoms; carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen, some even have sulfur.

They are combinedby way of peptide bonds to form proteins.

But what good are amino acids without the help of nucleic acids?

In turn, what good are nucleic acids without amino acids?

Both are needed to have life as we know it.

Both are more complex than you can hope to understand.

And you think they are just random occurances?

Silly boy.

Make me a sammich.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#158445 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA !
I know you're trying really hard, but you're too damned brainwashed to know better...
Ever hear of conjugation? Probably not, it refutes your ignorant post.
It happens when 2 bacterial cells join and an exchange of genetic material occurs. That isn't evolving, that conjugating. There's a difference.
Why don't you try reading up on E. coli? It allegedly has undergone a billion years worth of mutations, but it's remained stable and hasn't "evolved"....
We'll wait.
Google is free today.
Yes there is a difference between "conjugation" and evolution, you'd do well to learn the difference. This is what happens when you are scientifically ignorant, you think you have found something that refutes what someone has presented. Unfortunately, you never understood the original point, so your rebuttal becomes extremely humorous!!!!!! Keep trying though, if nothing else you are entertaining!!!!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158446 Mar 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent, you were at least smart enough no to question me and to engage in a conversation where you would have been brutally beaten into the ground. You ARE getting smarter, goods for you.
Dude.....

"at least smart enough no to question me" ?!?

O_o

"goods for you" ?!?!???

'_'

And YOU are calling ME stupid?

Kettle, meet pot. You are both black.
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#158447 Mar 4, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
This proves my point against GiveMeLiverwurst.
Of course, you don't know how it helps my argument, because you don't know my reasoning for bringing it up.
Jefferson said he was a "christian", but only in the sense that he was a follower of the teachings of Jesus. He was a Deist. He did not believe Jesus was God.
Hence Eben Alexander was a christian in the since of "a follower of the teachings of Christ".
But he did not believe in God or heaven, and he believed NDEs were chemical manifestations of the dying brain.
Now, he believes differently.
Hint: Don't ever let yourself think you can inform me of anything I don't know about American history.
Hint:It's hard to get the big picture when you have a tiny screen.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158448 Mar 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes there is a difference between "conjugation" and evolution, you'd do well to learn the difference. This is what happens when you are scientifically ignorant, you think you have found something that refutes what someone has presented. Unfortunately, you never understood the original point, so your rebuttal becomes extremely humorous!!!!!! Keep trying though, if nothing else you are entertaining!!!!
That was not a rebuttal.

That was just more shit talking.

Care to try again?

Maybe answer a question or two?

In all fairness, I've answered tons of your questions...
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#158449 Mar 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen we see with this post of Dave's the effects of brain damage. It is tragic for the victim and their family.
Please support research and advancements in the field of medical science working around the clock on this.
With advancements and improved treatments we can avoid more Dave Nelson's in the future.
It's okay Dave you can go take a nap now.
<quoted text>
Sarcasm with style!

Using the old saying, "What you don't know can't hurt you," he's practically invulnerable.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#158450 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheists quiver in fear at a religious scientist and they readily dismiss anything that scientist has to say.
<quoted text>
um..... no....
You "dismiss what that scientitst has to say"
psssst -----> (the religious one)
The origins of the theory of evolution begin with nothing but religious scientists. Most scientists are religious. For what you say to be true, we'd have to dismiss 90% of all scientific information and discovery, that was the point I made, and you just provided evidence that you are "talking out of your buttox." Stereotypes are wrong more often than not, like the majority, they are simply jumped to conclusions based on nothing more than barbaric presuppositions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min youareadufus 990,744
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min Ongoleaks 47,374
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min guest 692,189
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 59 min Doctor REALITY 21
THANK YOU!!!!! Metro PCS Mobile Service!!! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 5
I got my "Christmas Present" from METRO PCS Tod... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr Goomba 493
More from around the web