Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#158188 Mar 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
All evidence points toward abiogenesis.
There is no evidence for abiogenesis.

None.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#158189 Mar 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Unless one is prepared to claim that life has always existed (or that it never has, and still doesn't), abiogenesis obviously occurred at some point.
Oh. It just has to be so.

Great science, that is.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#158190 Mar 3, 2013
Properly educating children to observable facts in the natural process is not indoctrination and I doubt even you are that stupid to think so.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You approve of indoctrinating & brainwashing children, we know, we know....
But you still dodged the question.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#158191 Mar 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I like it. Another poster used to use it and it made me hot every time I saw it, soooooo.......
...now I can see it every time I log in. ;)
Yeah, I know I'm twisted. Whatever.
Makes life more interesting.

You like Buckethead?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#158192 Mar 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I just covered that.
Perhaps you missed it.
"Unless one is prepared to claim that life has always existed (or that it never has, and still doesn't), abiogenesis obviously occurred at some point."
False.

Even the evolutionists allow for the possibility of seeding of DNA or microbes on earth - panspermia.

When you say "always existed", if you mean to apply that to pre-earth time, you exit the recognizable form we call "life", which is the subject of the science of evolution, and your statement has no relevance.

Further, you don't know if life always existed or not. You don't even know what "always" is.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#158193 Mar 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You got knocked silly and had a wacky dream/hallucination, that doesn't count as proof.
<quoted text>
Thanks, Dr. Liverwurst.

Look up "sophistry".

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#158194 Mar 3, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You poor sap, sucked into that terrible vortex of religious rationalization. Once sucked in, you become void of all human feelings. Thanks for becoming a walking talking advertisement on how religion poisons the mind. Your God thing sits idly by as 18,000 little children die horrible deaths from starvation. He has it within his power to stop the suffering yet he does....NOTHING. Day after day he does.......NOTHING. CONCLUSION........he/she/it is either powerless to intervene, or he just doesn't give a shit, pick one!!!.......well, I'm waiting, PICK ONE..........Whats the matter, cat got your tongue?.........Embarrassed at your Gods lack of compassion?.........Still waiting..........IF your God exists at all, and there is NO reason to believe he does, then he is no better than anyone who witnesses cruelty and does nothing....deal with it!!!!!!
Your post is unintelligible.

It cannot be read.

Thank God.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#158195 Mar 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Properly educating children to observable facts in the natural process is not indoctrination and I doubt even you are that stupid to think so.
<quoted text>
There is a reason why one talks about "science education" and "religious indoctrination" but when it comes to godbots they think education and indoctrination are one and the same.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#158196 Mar 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not considered a spontaneous event, based on a chemical evolution. Much the same as the elements themselves evolved.
So did the combinations of them evolve into compounds.
The compounds evolve into complex organic compounds.
Complex organic compounds evolved into amino acids and proteins.
These evolved into simple bacteria , bacteria evolved into single cell life, single celled life into multiple celled life.
All evidence leads to this conclusion.
I can't answer if it did or did not have a intelligent helper, but there is no evidence it did. And it sure appears it did so in a natural process, for what reason I cannot say. You could call that god, but I call it natural process. But denying it happened weakens your argument and makes you look like a "dummy".
Imagine that.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/179...
That's a nice story.

When some evidence that it could be even possible is found, I'm sure we will hear about it.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

United States

#158197 Mar 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence for abiogenesis.
None.
There's very little evidence of Buck Crick.

Almost none.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#158198 Mar 3, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a lot of space.
And a lot of time.
A lot of space adds to the difficulty.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#158199 Mar 3, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Thats NOT what I heard. Oh, and I do believe from reading how hard you try to convince everyone you're a real bass-ass, that my 9 years old granddaughter can probably kick your ass. I certainly know that I would have no problem with a 90 lb weaklings. I seriously doubt if you could bench press a McDonald's quarter pounder, although its obvious you have pick up plenty in your day.
Here's a tip, try eating more salads and less pizza, do 1 or 2 pushups each morning until you work your way up to 10, might take a month or so, the join a gym and try some easy lifting start with 10 pounds and work your way up to 15. Welcome to Blacklagoon school.....no no, don't thank me, I do it for all the physically disadvantaged. P.S. Don't try so very hard to convince everyone you're a real bad ass, its a dead give way that your just a pathetic whimp trying to impress.
Gee, thanks for the physical fitness advice.

I was a 3-year starting lineman on an SEC ranked team, and made the Cincinnati Bengals starting offensive line. I out-lifted everyone on the team, including the great Anthony Munoz.

Coach Bill Curry, who coached at Alabama, Kentucky, and played in the NFL commented to Sports Illustrated that I had, at 6'7, 315, "the most impressive football body he had ever seen - college or pro."

But I'll try your advice. To be in the position to advise me, you must be one hell of a specimen.

I tip my hat. Please don't hurt me.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#158200 Mar 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of space adds to the difficulty.
That's right the more stars you have and the more planets you have the less chance of something happening, that makes perfect sense.
:o

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#158201 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Abiogenesis is not human knowledge, though. It's a possibility, nothing more. It's something that some people thought up to try to explain where life began and how life began. But it is not a fact.
Organisms evolve, that's a fact. The theory of evolution has many holes in it and many guesses. The most notable guess of the theory of evolution is that "all life came from one life". That is not a fact, that is an assumption.
And it seems so strange to me that people that call themselves "freethinkers" blindly follow whatever they read in a science magazine or an atheist website.

Oh gee wiz, do you really think this knowledge comes from magazine articles and atheist websites?
It in fact comes from 150+ years of study and research.
You are a likable guy, but I find you a bit over zealous and rabidly a fundamental Christian most likely of Baptist origin as they are the ones so rabidly against the science of evolution and so very touchy on origin. Other than Jehovah Witnesses who think that man came from god mating with hominids which I find even more bizarre.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158202 Mar 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Indoctrination is to teach to accept a set of beliefs uncritically.

You advocate teaching them that the answer is evolution, uncritically.

You advocate their indoctrination.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#158203 Mar 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Which degree do you want to hear about head injury Geezer? Again you didn't even have an NDE.
<quoted text>
But we were quite sure he bumped his head somewhere down the line?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158204 Mar 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a 3-year starting lineman on an SEC ranked team, and made the Cincinnati Bengals starting offensive line. I out-lifted everyone on the team, including the great Anthony Munoz.
Coach Bill Curry, who coached at Alabama, Kentucky, and played in the NFL commented to Sports Illustrated that I had, at 6'7, 315, "the most impressive football body he had ever seen - college or pro."
But I'll try your advice. To be in the position to advise me, you must be one hell of a specimen.
Hey, don't forget the "green, leafy vegetables" like Dr Liverwurst recommends.....

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#158205 Mar 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you fit that in with your jail time.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#158206 Mar 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. It just has to be so.
Great science, that is.
There is much evidence, for abiogenesis also the overflow of evidence of your denial of scientific facts.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#158207 Mar 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is unintelligible.
It cannot be read.
Thank God.
Ok, I'll simplify my point. Simple point for the simple mind. Your God has the power to intervene and stop suffering...Yes or No?

Your God can see the future...yes or no?

In seeing the future your God knows exactly what is going to happen,,,,,,yes or no?

Does your God see the suffering and torment these little children go through each day dying from starvation,....yes or no?

Did you God see the events happening at Sandy Hook...yes or no?

Was your God able to see this horrific event before it happened...yes or no?

Was it in your Gods power to intervene in that event and save those innocent children...yes or no?

Simple yes or no questions, even redneck could manage these....have at it!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 36 min Paul is dead 19
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 57 min Clearwater 37,097
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr oneear69 988,559
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr oneear69 688,839
You are of your father.....the devil 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
We do NOT need any walls! 6 hr takelam 47
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 6 hr what 458
More from around the web