Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
151,841 - 151,860 of 224,053 Comments Last updated 38 min ago

“Kalamazoo, MI ”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He hasn't gotten to beat everybody up.
Yet.
Might makes right?
dethrushmonks

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

if god is real it doesn't matter because i donate to charity and am still going to heaven.. from not having received my consolation..

and uh.. he can't be real because.. see.. people had different religions...

native americans for instance still don't even believe in that religion even though they were colinized.. and blacks used to only accept their voodoo religion..

people from india stil have hinduism..

see there are too many religions to take your own even seriously..

why is my religion right and all the ohter ones wrong.. what is the conclusion..

we are ALL wrong..!! PERIOd there is NO GOd !! AT ALL..

“Kalamazoo, MI ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
If a tiny fraction of the things he has claimed to have done are true, he's plenty dangerous.
It is easy enough to research! Look for a college footballer who was arrested for the things that he claims, then match that with those who tried out for professional teams and has been locked up for mental issues.

With the internet, no one can hide!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Physical bodies are loaner vehicles for spirits to drive. But instead of that spirit doing all of the driving, a totally separate consciousness, it is merged with the vehicle.

Just like any vehicle, it has limits and capabilities you have to learn.

That is why you can have a piece of shit driving a Ferrari, and a diamond driving a rambling wreck.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even humor this argument.
This moron has been trying his word games in an effort to portray atheists as the same as believers because that's the only way he can claim superiority.
If he had any real arguments, he would use them.
All he can do is play word games, quite his ID heroes, play word games and make threats.
He's a 300 (or whatever) pound, thumb sucking baby.
And he's dangerous.
Atheists are believers.

I didn't invent the terms - Greeks did it hundreds of years before I was even born.

Take your stupid gripes to them.

If you don't want to embrace atheism, if it embarrasses you, if it makes you feel inferior, then don't call yourself an atheist.

It's your choice, not mine.

And fuck you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that from Dave's word salad?!
It's no wonder you can get whatever it is you want to get from a book like the bible.
Max Planck is not a biblical character. He was a Nobel physicist.

Hope that clears up your confusion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>You're quite right, but I don't know about dangerous. I don't usually bother with him but I was wondering if he was really that slow or just a troll. Just shows what religion can do the human mind, perhaps?
Slow?

A Topix slogger calling me "slow".

Great stuff.

“Kalamazoo, MI ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
Physical bodies are loaner vehicles for spirits to drive. But instead of that spirit doing all of the driving, a totally separate consciousness, it is merged with the vehicle.
That is why you can have a piece of shit driving a Ferrari, and a diamond driving a rambling wreck.
I remember reading that in the Bible. Ruth I believe.

“Kalamazoo, MI ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are believers.
I didn't invent the terms - Greeks did it hundreds of years before I was even born.
Take your stupid gripes to them.
If you don't want to embrace atheism, if it embarrasses you, if it makes you feel inferior, then don't call yourself an atheist.
It's your choice, not mine.
And fuck you.
Oh my! I just tingle all over when you talk like that! ;)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

atheists dont have a clue wrote:
<quoted text>Might makes right?
In Buck's case, yes.

At least, he thinks it does.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

dethrushmonks wrote:
if god is real it doesn't matter because i donate to charity and am still going to heaven.. from not having received my consolation..

and uh.. he can't be real because.. see.. people had different religions...

native americans for instance still don't even believe in that religion even though they were colinized.. and blacks used to only accept their voodoo religion..

people from india stil have hinduism..

see there are too many religions to take your own even seriously..

why is my religion right and all the ohter ones wrong.. what is the conclusion..

we are ALL wrong..!! PERIOd there is NO GOd !! AT ALL..
Yup.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Max Planck is not a biblical character. He was a Nobel physicist.

Hope that clears up your confusion.
Now you comparing Dave's word salad to Max Planck?

Rofl!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
The body itself brings on the hallucination.
<quoted text>
That's brilliant, Moron.

Let's compare your brilliant analysis with the neurosurgeon and neuroendocrinologist that ACTUALLY HAD THE EXPERIENCE.

The audience can decide who is more credible, the neurosurgeon, or the Moron. This is Alexander's response to being insulted by Sam Harris:

"In an effort to explain the “ultra-reality” of the experience, I examined this hypothesis: Was it possible that networks of inhibitory neurons might have been predominantly affected, allowing for unusually high levels of activity among the excitatory neuronal networks to generate the apparent “ultra-reality” of my experience? One would expect meningitis to preferentially disturb the superficial cortex, possibly leaving deeper layers partially functional. The computing unit of the neocortex is the six-layered “functional column,” each with a lateral diameter of 0.2–0.3 mm. There is significant interwiring laterally to immediately adjacent columns in response to modulatory control signals that originate largely from subcortical regions (the thalamus, basal ganglia, and brainstem). Each functional column has a component at the surface (layers 1–3), so that meningitis effectively disrupts the function of each column just by damaging the surface layers of the cortex. The anatomical distribution of inhibitory and excitatory cells, which have a fairly balanced distribution within the six layers, does not support this hypothesis. Diffuse meningitis over the brain’s surface effectively disables the entire neocortex due to this columnar architecture. Full-thickness destruction is unnecessary for total functional disruption. Given the prolonged course of my poor neurological function (seven days) and the severity of my infection, it is unlikely that even deeper layers of the cortex were still functioning in more than isolated pockets of small networks.
The thalamus, basal ganglia, and brainstem are deeper brain structures (“subcortical regions”) that some colleagues postulated might have contributed to the processing of such hyperreal experiences. In fact, all agreed that none of those structures could play any such role without having at least some regions of the neocortex still functional. All agreed in the end that such subcortical structures alone could not have handled the intense neural calculations required for such a richly interactive experiential tapestry.
There are 9 hypotheses discussed in an appendix of my book that I derived based on conversations with colleagues. None of them explained the hyper-reality in any brain-based fashion."

It's simple, huh Moron? The body did it.

You are pathetic.

“Kalamazoo, MI ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
In Buck's case, yes.
At least, he thinks it does.
You don't think that Buck is that stupid, do you?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Self admitted Christian and he doesn't even try to hide this. You quivering man-boobs and spare tires that shake with rage during your temper tantrums doesn't change this.

Next up green leafy vegetables are good for you!
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar, and you are also wrong.
Eben Alexander, ATTENDED an Episcopal church. He was a Christian!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

No idea what you're talking about with your link less assertion that you just made up. Regardless it doesn't change the fact that Eben is a Christian and in fact cheerily gushed about his Christianity in the interview I saw him doing a while back.

Just like Michael Behe, you know the guy at that Christian think tank discovery institute?

Have you thought about using a treadmill?
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Moron,
Speaking of hucksters, why would huckster Sam Harris write an insulting article about Eben Alexander, then refuse to debate him on his experience?
Need a hint?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Lmfao! Hey Dave do you seriously buy this horsesht or are you putting us on?
Dave Nelson wrote:

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Can you say maybe word linguini? Word salad brings up scary visions of green leafy vegetables that Chunky Buck clearly avoids.

Be kind :)
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Rofl!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Rofl!
I quoted Max Planck.

I placed the quote under Dave's.

The rest is up to you, idiot. But if you don't see the commonality, you are more stupid than you already proved to be.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

atheists dont have a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think that Buck is that stupid, do you?
Psychopaths rarely are stupid , they are quite intelligent.
But they do stupid things, believe stupid things , and think they are smarter than they actually are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

550 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min It aint necessarily so 720,327
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min Hate troublemaking arabs 114,987
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Dr_Zorderz 256,405
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min shyam 4,567
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 min ChromiuMan 5,222
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 532,478
Last Word + 2 15 min Richies Cool Man Diary 26
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Lyndi 172,284
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••