Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#157839 Mar 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you pay attention to what I write. Very good.

When you wake up and you ain't here no more, you will understand better.
Then next he will feel a nice warm feeling all over. Very warm, and warmer one might say hot even.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#157840 Mar 2, 2013
I understand the science of NDEs and the science of including green leafy vegetables in your daily diet. That one you should investigate! It will blow your mind!

Would you like me to explain the science about NDE hallucinations to you my large bellied small IQ poster?
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect illustration of the arrogance of "knowing it all".
You know nothing of the science involved in the experience, and nothing about the individual experience of it, yet you know more, allegedly, than the person experiencing it.
You are an idiot. If your brain was transplanted into a grasshopper, it would shit and hop backwards in its shit.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#157841 Mar 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
I'm disappointed in you.
I thought you were better than that.
WHAT?

Better than what? What have I done? Spoken out against accepted scientific theories? Oh no, burn me, I must be a witch!

U take me serious or not, but this new thinking that scientists are adopting from religious fanatics is not good, not good at all!

Location hidden

#157842 Mar 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Evolution doesn't even deal with that. Seriously you need to stop blending several sciences together like a smoothie. Scientists say they don't know all the time. It's what keeps science progressing seeking out those unknowns.
<quoted text>
Thank u, Mr liberty guy! Where would i be without u, eh! LOL!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#157843 Mar 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I understand the science of NDEs and the science of including green leafy vegetables in your daily diet. That one you should investigate! It will blow your mind!
Would you like me to explain the science about NDE hallucinations to you my large bellied small IQ poster?
<quoted text>
What is your degree in?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#157844 Mar 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool site.
Too bad you don't have the slightest clue what it means.
Still...good job trying to look smart.
Keep working on it.
It is indeed a very cool page--one of many at the NOAA site. Here it is again for anyone who didn't check it out the first time.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/SWN/index.html

Lexington, KY

#157845 Mar 2, 2013
You mean when I wake up in Dave's NDE hallucination afterlife? Tsk.

I worked many years in a hospital and have spoken to many people brought back from near death. For most of them it was nothingness just like being asleep no heaven, no wonderland, no never never land.

I actually liked the non religious NDEs where they guy was at his grandma's eating dinner with his loved ones who were all still alive! Or the guy who was getting it on with 3 Latina chicks that one was funny! Basically you experience what you take with you. Muslims don't see Jesus, Protestants don't see mother Mary, Catholics don't see Muhammad and all of them don't see reason.

:))
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you pay attention to what I write. Very good.
When you wake up and you ain't here no more, you will understand better.

Location hidden

#157846 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
" ALL STUPID atheists/religious people think they know-it-all!! "
This statement kind of puts you in that category. You can't possible know what "All" stupid atheists/religious people think.
That's kind of like the opening statement in a lot of children's dinosaurs books, it goes something like this: "no human has ever seen a real dinosaur."
A rather bold statement seeing as to the fact that the author has in noway asked every human that ever lived if they have ever saw a real dinosaur.
Yes, i do! Coz they tell me what they think! IT'S NOT A SECRET!

I was saying all atheists/religious people who r stupid think they know-it-all! no intelligent atheist/religious person would ever say that!

Lexington, KY

#157847 Mar 2, 2013
Your girls demand liberty!:)
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank u, Mr liberty guy! Where would i be without u, eh! LOL!

Location hidden

#157848 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then next he will feel a nice warm feeling all over. Very warm, and warmer one might say hot even.
He will be lucky to feel anything but emotional agony.

Getting roasted gives you something to do. Wishing you could exist as something, and can't, is a lot worse.

The boy is nothing but failed product.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157849 Mar 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your degree in?
He has a PhD.

Public Highschool Diploma.

He also has a degree in Topixology AND Idiocracy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157850 Mar 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT?
Better than what? What have I done? Spoken out against accepted scientific theories? Oh no, burn me, I must be a witch!
U take me serious or not, but this new thinking that scientists are adopting from religious fanatics is not good, not good at all!
I asked him that too, Clementia. I got no answer...

Location hidden

#157851 Mar 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
You're a trip. A pleasant one.
Awww, thanks!:-)

BUT JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW, I'M NOT ON ANYONE'S SIDE, I WANT THE TRUTH AND U HAVE TO QUESTION BOTH RELIGION AND SCIENCE TO GET IT!!

Since: Sep 10

Mexico

#157852 Mar 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Beautiful day in SE CO. Cool air and hot sunshine.
My bones love it.
Mexico is nice today also.

Sunscreen day.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157853 Mar 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
No. There is no such thing as NDE hallucination, GiveMeLiverwurst.

If you are speaking of NDEs themselves, I already know more of the science involved than you will ever read about.

That's assuming you can read.

Location hidden

#157854 Mar 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I worked many years in a hospital and have spoken to many people brought back from near death. For most of them it was nothingness just like being asleep no heaven, no wonderland, no never never land.
I actually liked the non religious NDEs where they guy was at his grandma's eating dinner with his loved ones who were all still alive! Or the guy who was getting it on with 3 Latina chicks that one was funny! Basically you experience what you take with you. Muslims don't see Jesus, Protestants don't see mother Mary, Catholics don't see Muhammad and all of them don't see reason.
<quoted text>
Mine wasn't in a hospital. No drugs, either.

But it is as personal an experience as you can get. All by yourself.

Yours will be different.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157855 Mar 2, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are speaking of NDEs themselves, I already know more of the science involved than you will ever read about.
He said that he "reads" the articles in Hustler....

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#157856 Mar 2, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
NO.
When things (re)produce, sometimes changes evolve but not always. So your first statement is wrong; not to mention miss-worded.
You were not asked what produced "diversity". You were asked where do plants and animals come from.
So your second statement is irrelevant.
You said your 9-year old niece could answer the question. We don't know. But the thing we now know for sure is...
YOU CANNOT.
That's funny.
No, DNA always changes on reproduction, always. You have a few hundred mutations in your DNA at birth. You need to learn about the difference between genetic mutation and your creationist canards.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157857 Mar 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
NDEs are remarkably consistent across cultures and religious beliefs. Statistically, most such experiences DO NOT match the subject's religious experiences in life.

According to scientists who study these, your observations are wrong, Liverwurst.

They are particularly telling when they occur to atheists.

Neurosurgeon Eben Alexander, for example.

He kinda agreed with you till he had one. Now he agrees with me.

Find a subject you know a little something about. Take your time.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#157858 Mar 2, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't. Unless you also know that they are hallucinations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 753,680
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min waaasssuuup 550,905
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min Toby 96,437
garcinia cambogia 16 min garciniacambogia 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 27 min Liam 38,903
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 38 min RiccardoFire 37,349
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min Charlie Sheen 262,082
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min Blk Thndr 602,802
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 2 hr girls united states 173

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE