Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
151,681 - 151,700 of 224,374 Comments Last updated 46 min ago

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? That science knows everything or that evolution created the first organisms?
Silly scientists say it all the time!! It's so shocking that intellectual people can be so dumb and arrogant!!
I'm sure Richard Dawkins said that evolution proves that there is no creator and no intelligent design to the universe! WTF?? HOW?
Also, then u got Stephen Hawking coming up with his theory of everything and attacking other ways of thinking and he thinks his way is the only right way. WFT? WHY?
This is absolutely shocking!! Scientists are turning into fanatic nutty people. They choose to ignore all other evidence and focus on the evidence they want to focus on. They just want to ignore consciousness and focus on matter. Science can't do that, it just can't! U can't be biased if u want to find out the truth!
I used to think you were halfway intelligent.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi DF!!!
Wow! You!
Hello!!!!!!!
Hi hiding.

I think you missed him. He just popped in briefly and blessed us with his humility.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
I pity topix theists because of their ignorance. Not just that they are ignorant but it's the type of ignorance they suffer from. It's not an ignorance of what they simply don't know but rather an ignorance of what they refuse to know.
When presented with observable data that goes against their superstitious beliefs, instead of thoughtfully considering it they instead say their superstition is 100% correct so the actual observable data must be wrong.
I find this sad we as humans have one thing we excel at and that is reasoning. This is what has allowed us as a species to thrive and progress. Rejecting reason is rejecting your birthright and terribly sad. There is a magnificence and beauty to the natural process. We observe the natural process' splendor and awesome power more and more each day and we don't need to use invisible sky wizards that only reveal themselves when you die.
I find such a god concept dulling and restrictive to the fascinating natural processes. Even now we can observe the universe expanding, animals evolving before our very eyes, other planets that very well may be able to support life. Such discoveries would amaze and fascinate the ancient people's far more than any campfire story of a god.
And 100 years from now our discoveries of the natural processes will progress and be even greater and more fascinating. In the future people will look back at theists and will marvel at how wrong they really were, just as how we today smile and marvel at ancient people who thought the great rain spirit could be tempted to make it rain by dancing.
yawn

Lovely.

But you will go pfffssttt before those dreams are realized.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
See, we're waiting for the facts, you are the one who has speculated and accepted a non-answer based on an assumption that's not only impossible to test, it's impossible to define. Thus, we'll wait until the people a lot smarter than you figure something out, then we'll learn it, study it, and see if we can poke holes in the actual ... data.
What? I haven't offered an answer. You have no idea whether I accept or don't accept an answer, and if so, what it is.

You claim you have the methods for finding the answer. But I say you can't.

So let's hear it. Don't back down now. Put your mouth where your mouth is, Kitten Odor.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Science isn't afraid to say that, Clementia.
Topix atheists are.
But you KNOW there's a god, right?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
See, even u did it! This is what i'm talking about, looking down on others! first religious people did it and now silly scientists r doing it!
Silly scientists never admit that they do not know! NEVER! They r stuck with their way or no way!
Bullshit.

I'm disappointed in you.

I thought you were better than that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
When things produce, they evolve ... a little bit at a time. So yes, the fact that they evolve is what produced the diversity of organisms.
NO.

When things (re)produce, sometimes changes evolve but not always. So your first statement is wrong; not to mention miss-worded.

You were not asked what produced "diversity". You were asked where do plants and animals come from.

So your second statement is irrelevant.

You said your 9-year old niece could answer the question. We don't know. But the thing we now know for sure is...

YOU CANNOT.

That's funny.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, ALL STUPID atheists/religious people think they know-it-all!!
We had this scientist give a lecture at my uni and i'm just so pissed off, don't fuel the fire! i'm warning u! I've had it up to here with stupid atheists/religious retards!
Just because somebody knows things that you don't, or that you don't agree with does not mean they claim to know everything.

I don't know a single atheist who claims to know everything.

I know several religious people who do make that claim.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
You believe in god because you're afraid or your upcoming death due to old age and finger chopping and your belief gives you a measure of comfort.
Death is a natural part of life. Stop being so afraid that just makes your limited remaining time miserable. Instead celebrate and cherish your memories of magnets and strings with family.
<quoted text>
I am almost 20 years past my first death. Went through the process. Hardly afraid of it.

Now, tell us your experience in the matter. Impart your knowledge to everyone.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I told u! Richard dawkins thinks evolution created organisms and that he 100% knows that the universe has no intelligent design. He said he is willing to have an intellectual discussion about a scientific God, but he will not accept the possibility! WHY NOT? How can a scientist say he is not even gonna think of an alternative theory and just stick to one coz he don't want to talk about a God coz he don't care!
James Watson has said so much sh*t without evidence. He said black people r thick cos of genes and he said stupid is a DISEASE of the genes!
I will not support scientists who talk sh*t!!! They r giving a bad name to science! science is about coming up with an hypothesis and testing it and taking into consideration ALL the evidence! Half of science today is people's views/theories stated as facts and it's ridiculous that if anyone speaks out against it, they are called nuts and said to be against science!
Religious people who speak out about science do so because it conflicts with their religious beliefs, not because they have controverting evidence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of what you see me post on here is my very own independent deductions and perspectives. I use the basic principles of applied physics and just carried them out further. I've even done some experiments and have worked in that kind of world. I use data obtained by modern science, but definitely not the theories behind it. There is a basic pattern to nature, and they have wondered away from it.
Your experience and perspective seems to be one that "reviews" the thoughts of others and make determinations of what is right and wrong. Instead of getting your hands dirty and injured, and your brain befuddled from trying to figure things out the hard way, You are not as unique as you would like to believe.
This illustrates why I say you are the second smartest guy on this thread. You have the ability to integrate complex information from one source with patterns from other sources, including your own experiences, some of which are unique.

That requires intelligence of a quality far above regurgitating blurbs sucked out of atheist propaganda sites - which is mostly what one gets here.

Kudos, Dave.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Am intelligent person would have chosen the word "others" instead.
Just sayin...
Because you actually LIKE to be wrong?

Ok.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
This illustrates why I say you are the second smartest guy on this thread. You have the ability to integrate complex information from one source with patterns from other sources, including your own experiences, some of which are unique.
That requires intelligence of a quality far above regurgitating blurbs sucked out of atheist propaganda sites - which is mostly what one gets here.
Kudos, Dave.
You gonna let him have the top tonight?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos, Dave.
Gee, thanks, Buck.

I would be even smarter if I had more info.

I am really amazed at the consistent low quality of reasoning ability of these Topix atheists. I mean it is below average.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You gonna let him have the top tonight?
Oh, that Topix atheist wit, intelligence, and maturity. Most impressive. Really is.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
But you KNOW there's a god, right?
Right.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
I'm disappointed in you.
I thought you were better than that.
"Better", meaning that she agrees with you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Beautiful day in SE CO. Cool air and hot sunshine.

My bones love it.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Please, I've been on here long enough to be sensitized and reactive to the stupidity of Topix atheists. You scared me. Thought one of them might have turned you.:-)
LOL

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Rocks falling out the sky is gravity, rocks rolling around in your head is reality.
And you're the one that thinks they're bat man.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

693 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min lightbeamrider 721,323
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual Leader 532,969
Moving House Need a Removals Company House Remo... (Jan '12) 5 min Shelly Slader 2
LEGAL INSIDER BOT : legalinsiderbot.com Review 6 min dess71 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Charlie Sheen 256,713
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 18 min waaasssuuup 440,840
what happened to shirley cupp? 29 min john boy 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Zionists just like Nazis 115,330
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Miki 81
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••