Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,581)

Showing posts 151,601 - 151,620 of223,149
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and scientists, science doesn't actually do anything, but scientists say they don't know all the time. They love to find things they don't know so they can ... figure it out, explore it, and find an answer to it so they do know it. Then they move to the next thing they don't know. Want to be the best friend of a real scientist, find something they don't know that no one else is trying to figure out ... and ask them about it.
For gravity, ask a physicist, I never much cared about that science so I haven't learned much about it. They can actually explain that, because they didn't know at one time so they wanted to figure it out ... and they did. Now they're onto much deeper things like why do atoms stay together and such, you know, things they don't yet actually know. Even much of the stuff we do know about quantum mechanics a physicist will say "I don't know" when you ask them about it.
It's not the scientists, or the skeptics, who are not afraid of saying we don't know, it's the religious people. Religion is the result of being afraid of not knowing, so some fanciful story is made up to satiate that fear instead of facing it head on. We use science to figure out the things we don't know because it has not let us down yet, not once, it always exposes the frauds and gives us useful answers that have helped our species so much in the last 150 years that ... we're not even in the same state and yet we're talking as if we're in the same room now.
I don't know too much about physics either, only biology and chemistry but we cover a little bit of quantum mechanics.

Yes, we do not know much about quantum mechanics, it's so friggin' confusing and VERY strange, but u got some silly scientists thinking they do and it reminds me of religious nuts who think God came on earth to kill himself! It's either 1 extreme or the other!

But that's technology, and technology is and has been evil! All weapons are thanks to science and technology too. We just can't say that all science/technology has been used for good!

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not logical, BlackBuffoon.
As you are not all-knowing, you cannot conclude that allowing suffering for a wisp of time on this little planet is more or less "loving" than not allowing it. You may have an opinion, but you do not "know".
We have to add "from the perspective of human sufferers."
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." -Hamlet to Horatio
Hamlet is pointing out how little even the most educated people can explain.
This part is true. Shakespeare got it correct.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Both.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? That science knows everything or that evolution created the first organisms?
Silly scientists say it all the time!! It's so shocking that intellectual people can be so dumb and arrogant!!
I'm sure Richard Dawkins said that evolution proves that there is no creator and no intelligent design to the universe! WTF?? HOW?
Also, then u got Stephen Hawking coming up with his theory of everything and attacking other ways of thinking and he thinks his way is the only right way. WFT? WHY?
This is absolutely shocking!! Scientists are turning into fanatic nutty people. They choose to ignore all other evidence and focus on the evidence they want to focus on. They just want to ignore consciousness and focus on matter. Science can't do that, it just can't! U can't be biased if u want to find out the truth!
So, I just told you that real scientists love to find things they don't know, and thus admitting that they don't know it, and now you are saying that means they don't like to admit they don't know? Wow, you are lacking logic algorithms in your brain.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
So in other words you are unable to even formulate an argument for your god assertion?
But again, yes provide evidence and I will happily consider it. Without evidence there is nothing to consider is there?
We keep waiting for some evidence to be presented that any god exists and so far all your ilk can do is basically say, believe because I said do. Sorry but childish temper tantrums do not count as proof.
<quoted text>
Then you should stop throwing temper tantrums.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Both plants an animals are the product of evolution!!!! And the birds and the bees make little babies!!!!!! And the tooth fairy will leave money for you if you put your tooth under your pillow. ect. ect. ect.
Evolution is a THEORY, dumb ass. Remember that before spouting it off as evidence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for taking the time to find all of those links so you could whine about atheists.
No problem. 5 minutes of searching is worth it :)

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwinian evolution relies on abiogenesis.
Darwin said so himself.
Without abiogenesis, the evolutionary framework collapses.
Oh,...the main reason abiogenesis is not understood is that it has never been observed in the history of science, nor has any evidence ever been observed for it.
You've got it backwards. Darwinian evolution predicts abiogenesis. It doesn't rely on it - though, only abiogenesis makes sense from the perspective of our contemporary sciences.

Who cares if Darwin say so? He is 160 years out of date now. He said quite a few things that are no longer considered correct. Only his basic premise still holds. His genius lay in revealing evolution, not in working out the details we have at our hands now.

Your last point is meaningless. It doesn't add weight to any argument you might put forth except "we don't know how life started, but we have some good hypotheses we're testing."

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know too much about physics either, only biology and chemistry but we cover a little bit of quantum mechanics.
Yes, we do not know much about quantum mechanics, it's so friggin' confusing and VERY strange, but u got some silly scientists thinking they do and it reminds me of religious nuts who think God came on earth to kill himself! It's either 1 extreme or the other!
But that's technology, and technology is and has been evil! All weapons are thanks to science and technology too. We just can't say that all science/technology has been used for good!
Okay, wait, you say you know about biology and yet you make the fatal error by asserting that the theory of evolution makes any claim on where life came from? You're starting to sound rather dishonest now.

Now you are saying that computers are somehow capable of choosing their own actions ... actually all machines, chemicals, and medicine? Weapons were around a lot longer than science was, science is actually a new method of studying and analyzing reality, that's it. Technology is everything from shovels to the wheel, vaccines to video cameras, the world wide internet to your telephone, and yes, even weapons like the spear used to hunt for food are technology. Even the spears apes and some birds use to forage for grubs, those are weapons. There are a lot of natural weapons as well, like elongated teeth, claws, spines, even poisons, some of which are not actually traits the animals are born with, they learn how to make them sometimes, taught by their parents. Have you ever seen a pack of wolves hunt? How about a pride of lions? Vicious beasts, and the felines are considered the perfect hunters on land, literally the top of the food chain, just below bacteria. But thanks to technology, every species of ape is still more capable of surviving, even our species.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Interaction with the Higg's boson creates *mass* in *some* particles. It turns out not to be the process for things like protons and neutrons.
<quoted text>
Actually, the Higg's particle is about 133 times as massive as a proton. It was theorized about 40 years ago, but it turns out not to be so easy to produce and recognize particles of that mass, so it wasn't actually observed until recently. Separating the signal of the Higg's from the background is a big part of the problem.
<quoted text>
Not realistic *at all*. We know the properties of gravity very well above the quantum level. Your vague ideas don't even come close to describing how it works. Your delusions have no bearing on the actual physics.
First...so what is the Higgs, and why does it give matter mass?

Second, isn't it funny that we are compelled to correct clueless hacks who don't have a clue about the merest detail on which they write?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
So you never test the things others tell you, thus you are projecting your inability to actually question authority onto me.
So you've tested "other things" people have told you??

You've tested how organisms evolve?

You've tested light speed?

You've tested rocks & minerals?

You've tested evolution, the THEORY?

Hmmm....

Was your testing peer reviewed & accepted?

LMAO!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
In addition.
A particle or object passing through the field of a refrigerator magnet gets a pulse of energy from EM induction, lasting the length of time it passes through. A particle or object passing across a refrigerator magnet strength field the size of the sun is something different. That is a sustained period of time.
And one that leaves that field headed this way goes through a decreasing field, lessening that charge, and crosses a boundary where it enters ours.
I like how they are attracted to Earth @ 9.8 m/s^2 when they loose grip on reality.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But kitty, evolution does not create life itself!! Evolution can't tell us how the first organism came into existence!! Evolution does not create anything from scratch!!
Like the Laws of gravity do not create gravity itself. Where did gravity come from?
This just doesn't make sense!!
Why is science so afraid to say; "we don't know"?
Science isn't afraid to say that, Clementia.

Topix atheists are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
Both.
<quoted text>
So, I just told you that real scientists love to find things they don't know, and thus admitting that they don't know it, and now you are saying that means they don't like to admit they don't know? Wow, you are lacking logic algorithms in your brain.
See, even u did it! This is what i'm talking about, looking down on others! first religious people did it and now silly scientists r doing it!

Silly scientists never admit that they do not know! NEVER! They r stuck with their way or no way!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A fossil is not evidence of an organism existing?
Yes, but not evolving.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, wait, you say you know about biology and yet you make the fatal error by asserting that the theory of evolution makes any claim on where life came from? You're starting to sound rather dishonest now.
Now you are saying that computers are somehow capable of choosing their own actions ... actually all machines, chemicals, and medicine? Weapons were around a lot longer than science was, science is actually a new method of studying and analyzing reality, that's it. Technology is everything from shovels to the wheel, vaccines to video cameras, the world wide internet to your telephone, and yes, even weapons like the spear used to hunt for food are technology. Even the spears apes and some birds use to forage for grubs, those are weapons. There are a lot of natural weapons as well, like elongated teeth, claws, spines, even poisons, some of which are not actually traits the animals are born with, they learn how to make them sometimes, taught by their parents. Have you ever seen a pack of wolves hunt? How about a pride of lions? Vicious beasts, and the felines are considered the perfect hunters on land, literally the top of the food chain, just below bacteria. But thanks to technology, every species of ape is still more capable of surviving, even our species.
Evolution is not the problem, intelligent students like me know it is just a theory and it has nothing to do with proving a creator. I'm talking about stupid scientists who think they know-it-all!

But science has helped make better technology to kill people with, u can't deny that!

I'm not saying that, it's u who thinks religious books have a mind of their own and go around killing people.

Humans r evil, they r the one's that use religion and science for their own benefit. I keep saying it all the time. religion and science r not evil, people r!

Science is not the problem, i'm saying STUPID scientists are! Religion is not the problem STUPID religious people are!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've tested "other things" people have told you??
You've tested how organisms evolve?
You've tested light speed?
You've tested rocks & minerals?
You've tested evolution, the THEORY?
Hmmm....
Was your testing peer reviewed & accepted?
LMAO!
Can't test how they evolve, but I have analyzed the information that they used to discover that things evolve, yes.

Light speed is easy to test, there's still a mirror on the moon and even a laptop is capable of the timing calculations now.

What about "rocks and minerals?"

The theory is an explanation of the facts and how all the evidence fits into place, it's like gluing pieces of a broken glass together to find out it's a drinking glass or a mug. The pieces are already there, they already fit into a specific pattern, you just have to put them in the right place with something that actually hold them in place. That's what a scientific theory is. The theory of evolution explains how diversification happened and why most of the species are extinct, for example, but connecting the traits into a pattern that's clearly visible in the fossil record. I have not come across any evidence that does not fit this theory.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but not evolving.
Alright, then how is it that a squirrel without skin flaps between the legs existed, then later there was one that did have skin flaps?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
See, even u did it! This is what i'm talking about, looking down on others! first religious people did it and now silly scientists r doing it!
Silly scientists never admit that they do not know! NEVER! They r stuck with their way or no way!
Show me one scientist who has ever said they know everything. Just one.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A fossil is not evidence of an organism existing?
Why are you asking me that? I'm not a believer in just poofing things. Everything has to be assembled in some way.

Your very existence is not evidence of your being created?

Put things in perspective.

Now, some evidence for some of the thoughts I have presented,and the logic. It helps if you have experience in logic circuits and electricity to really grasp it, but what it boils down to is the inherent polar nature of this universe.

Pick up a piece of iron weighing more than your refrigerator magnet. That binding force is stronger than gravity. Considerably. It is bipolar in nature, but that bipolarity goes down to the atomic level, and there is no monolithic flow of that force between material objects. Periodicity gets in the way.

Hang a piece of iron from a string. Approach with that magnet and see how far away it starts attracting it. Also, be advised that for tha piece of iron to even move, it has to overcome gravity. The arc of the string. Now, start stacking up mass, dirt, bricks, whatever you want of a non-magnetic material that same distance the magnet attracted the iron from, and see when it starts to attract. Pack quite a few lunches. It will take you a long while. That binding force of magnetism again.

Hang a rock or piece of copper from a string. Approach with the magnet. Nothing happens. Wave the magnet back and forth enough and it will start affecting the rock or copper. Magnetic field inducing electric charge that then produces a magnetic charge to react to that applied magnetic field. You have a static field applied, motion that creates another field, and that field then reacts to the static field.

Long distance effects via that magnetic force, which can be transmitted as a field, such as that magnet, or as light, which is a packet of it in motion. That last is how common electricity works, too.

What holds a plant together and allows it to overcome gravity? The EM, or "magnetic force", which I am calling that polar flow.

In material objects you have to stress its construction to produce that magnetic field. You are disturbing it equilibrium that it then tries to maintain. Now that material object is assembled by that same magnetic force, so no surprise there. But this is why those fields or flows start and stop within one piece of matter. Magnetism or electricity.

That is the stuff that assembled the universe and how you can even perceive of it.

Gravity is easy to explain if you understand that that assembling is electrical in nature. It is the return path from where that energy was stressed and originated to create the universe. That is carried through space. You material stuff is charged, thus follows direction. Space is a medium that absorbs those charges and displacement of itself, which then turns into motion between those material objects. The gravitational force. BTW, the so called gravitational constant varies. What they measure it with varies by a percentage or two year to year. It isn't so steady as you heard. But it will fluctuate as the energy of matter returns to space and motion. The reading depends on where you are measuring it from.

Something stressed whatever turned into matter and energy as we know it. It resulted in a seemingly coherent and intelligent, from our viewpoint, universe, and us.

Like that seed thing I have been hitting Aura with, the matrix was within that Big Bang "singularity". It just expanded as designed and did its thing. And here we are.

Unless we are the end points of fancy projectors. That can give you fossils, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Science isn't afraid to say that, Clementia.
Topix atheists are.
No, ALL STUPID atheists/religious people think they know-it-all!!

We had this scientist give a lecture at my uni and i'm just so pissed off, don't fuel the fire! i'm warning u! I've had it up to here with stupid atheists/religious retards!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,601 - 151,620 of223,149
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

419 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 529,957
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 13 min Al Capone 3,873
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Hidingfromyou 716,397
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 19 min Student 38,404
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min Rosa_Winkel 93,216
Jamaican man seeking to start a new life with a... 24 min dutty86 1
I'm a girl wanting other girls. 24 min andet1987 18
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Dr_Zorderz 255,687
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Lyndi 171,442
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Liz 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••