Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256555 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#157535 Mar 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit, poor Buck.
He shoulda been born a famous trumpet player like you.
Exactly, then he would have something to really brag about!!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#157536 Mar 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I think I'll use the same tact that Theists use.....Can you prove that those records do NOT exist? Until you can prove that they do not exist we can assume that they do, and that no record of anyone named Jesus Christ was ever recorded as being crucified.
What a crock of shit.

You just can't find none.

Come back when you have something to sell.

Westcliffe, CO

#157537 Mar 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, then he would have something to really brag about!!
You woul djust get in an argument with him who attracts the biggest audience of squirrels.

You would probably win because he would eat most of his supply.

That would be a cute video. You serenading squirrels and them twitching their tails in time. While they eat the peanuts you brought them. Neat trick, educating squirrels to good music.

Buckethead would tie their tails in knots.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157538 Mar 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
More accurately, you are atheist with respect to all gods other than your own personal god.
Is that the good ole atheist act of squinting the eyes tight, fingers in the ears going "LA LA LA"?

An atheist is not a person that believes in God, plain & simple.(or any god for that matter)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157539 Mar 1, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
I believe you have fallen of the track again and drifted into gay-phobia.
However... I shall indulge your desire to comprehend homosexuality among living species on our planet.
10-12% of ALL humans are homosexual. And this goes back to the beginning of time.
Take the time to read the entire article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality
I didn't say that people aren't homosexual, did I?

I used your version of logic to say that they aren't born that way - any more than people are born religious...

Since: Sep 10

Mexico

#157540 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the good ole atheist act of squinting the eyes tight, fingers in the ears going "LA LA LA"?
An atheist is not a person that believes in God, plain & simple.(or any god for that matter)
I am a person.

I am a person who does not believe in gods.

What's with "an atheist is not a person that....."

Since: Sep 10

Mexico

#157541 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that people aren't homosexual, did I?
I used your version of logic to say that they aren't born that way - any more than people are born religious...
Are people born left-handed?

Westcliffe, CO

#157542 Mar 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are people born left-handed?
You are such a synthetic entity.

I bet you wear 100% cotton to try and hide it.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#157543 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
:)
Just imagine George Burns cuddling a big fatass creationist man and telling him, you gotta see these magnets and strings in my garage! Buck says, you had me at eat! Dave says, I actually said see not eat but whatever.
Boom chickie bow wow....
:)
<quoted text>
ROFL!

And then they would have a farting contest.

Winner gets the top.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#157544 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a person.

Would that just be God, or god, or gods?

I bet you don't believe in the same god that most christians believe in.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#157545 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about oversimplification. One is either for freedom or against it? You are for every freedom of every description? Want to restate that maybe?
I’m for freedom based on the United States Constitution.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#157546 Mar 1, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m for freedom based on the United States Constitution.
Ah. You must mean in it's current form then, and according to your interpretation of it. Kinda like Christians have their favorite version of the Bible and what they want it to say?

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#157547 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, if God's murder rate is less than your arbitrary definition of modern warfare, then God's murders are OK? By that logic, we can determine that the slaughter of the Hugenot by the Catholics in France was morally OK because the death rate was lower than WW2. WTF?
<quoted text>
Obviously you've never read the Bible.
Read Revelation 17th chapter and ask yourself who is this great wh*re the bible is talking about.
Many theologians believe it is a religion that the wh#re represents. And this religion is based in Rome. The city of seven hills.
Just something you might want to look at.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#157548 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So your Alzheimer's tells you babies are born speaking? Sure Dave they are born, cleaned up, wrapped in a blanket and start discussing stock prices with the parents and hospital staff.
I notice you and Buck have both been praising Jesus today and bashing the Catholic Church. Shall we chalk this up to your pillow talk with you caressing his ample man-breasts or have you two found your church for the big day? Have you got Buck his wedding gown yet?
<quoted text>
Babies are born with a general trouble alarm. This is how they communicate. Some moms have been able differentiate the difference in the intensity of the cries to mean different things.

Babies also start learning even before they are born.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157549 Mar 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a person.
I am a person who does not believe in gods.
What's with "an atheist is not a person that....."
Eh?

You are not a person that believes in God.

Problems?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157550 Mar 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a person.
Would that just be God, or god, or gods?
I bet you don't believe in the same god that most christians believe in.
Boy, you AND Catcher?

The whole sentence was "An atheist is not a person that believes in God".

It seems you both stopped at "An atheist is not a person".

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#157551 Mar 1, 2013
Well Buck would have an unfair advantage there as that lardass eats way more food then Dave would in a month nightly. And Dave would have his chunky bride Buck in the hot tub farting and singing, Bucky got back!

Lmfao!
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL!
And then they would have a farting contest.
Winner gets the top.

Scottsburg, IN

#157552 Mar 1, 2013
Yes people come up with all kinds of crazy interpretations on mythological stories be it Harry Potter, Star Wars or the Bible.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read Revelation 17th chapter and ask yourself who is this great wh*re the bible is talking about.
Many theologians believe it is a religion that the wh#re represents. And this religion is based in Rome. The city of seven hills.
Just something you might want to look at.

Scottsburg, IN

#157553 Mar 1, 2013
Sorry Daffy but Dave, the George Burns look alike stated babies come out telling the truth and have to be taught to lie.

It's ok we all know you are really slow witted and are used to it now.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies are born with a general trouble alarm. This is how they communicate. Some moms have been able differentiate the difference in the intensity of the cries to mean different things.
Babies also start learning even before they are born.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#157554 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. You must mean in it's current form then, and according to your interpretation of it. Kinda like Christians have their favorite version of the Bible and what they want it to say?
Interesting how you weave the US Constitution into one’s choice of the bible. But there is only one version of the US Constitution that’s relevant to the laws of today.

Point taken that there’s many versions of the Bible. I personally only accept the King James Version and the Amplified Version. Groups have modified the Bible to slant towards their own personal interpretation. I don’t accept every Version in the bible as being authentic to the original manuscripts.

Having said that, there are different versions of the automobile. Some are fast, others economical, luxury versions, open top, closed top, four doors, two doors, three doors. But they all run on tires, have a engine, brakes, steering and will take you from point A to point B.

Some cars drive so smooth and comfortable while others will jar your fillings out. But they’re all automobiles. Different versions but they still fall under the transportation category.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min truth 653,909
Why do guys lie to women so much about marriage? 6 min Deceived by guy 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Buck Crick 63,736
Does anyone know Darrin Neuling?? 17 min Deceived by guy 1
$$$ Fedz Pimping Poisonous Meat - Don't Buy! 46 min HiddnNumbrz 1
Why Won't My Computer Let Me Adjust My Volume? (Oct '08) 58 min jacqueline P Cant... 35
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 59 min Statue 3,802
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,858
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr pusherman_ 973,748
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr lightbeamrider 106,490
More from around the web