Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247812 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#156826 Feb 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You may relate to this one better. It may even inspire you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KU84ckD1AcAXX
Ha HAHA, Too funny, the sound waves creating some kind of religious symbol. We all know how these patterns can be manipulated. Difference thicknesses on the plate on which the sands rests can create whatever pattern you desire. Haver the design you want under a very thin plate laying over the pattern. The sand waves will move the sand into what ever pattern is below the plate. Please don't tell me you think this is actually real!!! You simply can't be that gullible.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156827 Feb 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Lacking a belief is not a belief. Please do not fail at English.
Unless you have solid evidence that God doesn't exist, you only believe that He doesn't exist.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156828 Feb 27, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say the main thing it's shown is that you can't distinguish your beliefs from alien abductions or house-souls.
Neither can you. You only believe souks don't exist, you don't know it.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#156829 Feb 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Unsupported premiss. That when we think we are creating sound, creating energy. If its beyond our hearing then it can't be detected, unless by some scientific methods which he never indicates. That sound waves can create pattern on a flat surface is understood, but to jump from that to the universe was created from sound, and then try a make a connection to a holy book is an absurd leap.
What you are tuned to is your limitation. The process works. Also, don't forget harmonics. I thought you were a musician. You can tune another string on another register just by making a piece of paper vibrate when you hit the right harmonic.

Your playing affects other people? The playing on the universal scale affects you.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#156830 Feb 27, 2013
Crazy ole Daffy, always good for a laugh.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the future that you are eluding too. There will be more wars and conflicts just as there has been since the beginning.
History has recorded over 200 million deaths under Atheist leadership. We all know Atheist leaders do not have a clean record when it comes to human rights.
If you will remember Jesus feed the five thousand. Atheist leadership embraced communism and starved the millions.

“Input”

Since: Dec 10

Input

#156831 Feb 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't really know how the interior of the earth is constructed. However, from the data they have gathered based upon other physical data and processes, they believe there is a layer of what you call magma, then a layer of liquid iron, then a core of solid iron. Really hot stuff. The mantle is thought to be a plastic like stuff that is not "solid" like the crust. Kind of a semi-liquid or something when it has someplace to go, and becomes your magma.
You could kinda call it a lake of fire if you wish.
What do you call the sky? Birds and various creatures live in it. Why can't a deity live in it and beyond? The sky is just everything above the ground, including distant galaxies.
Your head needs a reset.
Well I sorta disagree because, nobody ever points to around your knee height in reference to the sky. The sky is starting at least
at the height of tall buildings.(skyscrapers)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#156832 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you have solid evidence that God doesn't exist, you only believe that He doesn't exist.
No, blind faith is gullibility, in other words, it's not belief it's lying to yourself. Belief requires evidence, without evidence you are only hoping, and hope is not fact. The default position is that until evidence is presented then it does not exist, otherwise you'd have to believe in leprechauns, fairies, big foot, alien abductions, even Spiderman.

Lexington, KY

#156833 Feb 27, 2013
After all your trolling and 18 posts a day with some reader's digest insult towards atheists and you then post this? The irony meter just exploded.

Zombie Dave Nelson, he wants to eat your brain because Alzheimer's stole his!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Start accepting people for what they are and not what you think they should be, and you will start to enjoy life more.
Siro

Australia

#156834 Feb 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Crazy ole Daffy, always good for a laugh.
<quoted text>
Prove him wrong then.

You pretending to be a black thugsta from the ghetto is always a laugh....YO!

“Input”

Since: Dec 10

Input

#156835 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt that God will allow Himself to be discovered by any means of science.
There is evidence that God exists, you just can't find it with a PhD.
Any god that hides that good, doesn't want to be found.
If a god cannot be found by any means of science, for what ever reason that may be. It doesn't exist either absolutely, or by it's own choice positively.

Lexington, KY

#156836 Feb 27, 2013
So you admit to believing in the invisible sky wizard. Yes Dave thinks his god is up there in the clouds waving at birds.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call the sky? Birds and various creatures live in it. Why can't a deity live in it and beyond?.

Lexington, KY

#156837 Feb 27, 2013
Believe what don't exist? Souks?

And how many times do you need it explained to you that without any observable evidence there is no reason to accept something?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156838 Feb 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I sorta disagree because, nobody ever points to around your knee height in reference to the sky. The sky is starting at least
at the height of tall buildings.(skyscrapers)
So, if there are no tall buildings, the sky starts at the ground?

If you stand and piss, you're just pissing, but if you lie down on your back and piss, you're pissing into the sky?

I don't get it.

Westcliffe, CO

#156839 Feb 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you admit to believing in the invisible sky wizard. Yes Dave thinks his god is up there in the clouds waving at birds.
<quoted text>
Up in the clouds, in and across the universe and beyond.

It even has its hand up your ass moving your lips.

You love the sensation, don't you?

Location hidden

#156840 Feb 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Any god that hides that good, doesn't want to be found.
If a god cannot be found by any means of science, for what ever reason that may be. It doesn't exist either absolutely, or by it's own choice positively.
I stole a motorcycle once and hid it.

I didn't want it to be found. But it existed.

I had a vial of crack cocaine in my room in the lock-down psych ward.

Didn't want it to be found, so I smoked it. Had no choice, but they didn't understand.

Location hidden

#156841 Feb 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And how many times do you need it explained to you that without any observable evidence there is no reason to accept something?
<quoted text>
That's not true.

Some things are rightfully believed to exist by logical inference.

Your campaign to appear smart is falling on its face.
Siro

Australia

#156842 Feb 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably a misspelling.
I believe sousks exist because you are one of them

Location hidden

#156844 Feb 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Up in the clouds, in and across the universe and beyond.
It even has its hand up your ass moving your lips.
You love the sensation, don't you?
...and it's the first thing she's had up her ass that didn't have either batteries or warts.

Westcliffe, CO

#156845 Feb 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Any god that hides that good, doesn't want to be found.
Orrie, how do you find something that is part of you as well as you being a part of it? How do you separate and observe?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#156846 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the default position. I don't need to know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liam 603,877
Why do White people want to look black... (May '12) 5 min Johnny 67
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Critical Eye 882,141
The Christian Atheist debate 12 min Critical Eye 4,233
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 13 min new colony 596
Cleveland Cavaliers!: "Let Tristian Thompson GO... 21 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 39 min 15th Dalai Lama 8,474
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 177,913
More from around the web